What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Games among bad teams (1 Viewer)

dhockster

Footballguy
Has there ever been a season where so many bad teams played each other? Based on record, 5 of the 6 worst teams this year are Miami, NYJets, NYGiants, Washington and Cincinnati. Because the AFC East plays the NFC East and the AFC North, that means there are 10 games amongst these 5 teams. As of now they have played each other 3 times with a record of 3-3. In games not amongst themselves, they are 2-34 with the only wins being the Giants against TB (who is 2-6 and missed two extra points and a 34 yard FG that would have won the game), and the Jets against the Cowboys.

So we can look forward to 7 more games of teams possibly trying more to lose than win.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has there ever been a more clueless group of NFL head coaches?

Game is on the line, you got one play left and Golladay and Jones are standing on the sidelines.

You got 3rd and 3 and your best RB is standing on the sidelines because the HC thinks he's being tricky with the backup RB in.

The so-called great young minds are all floundering. Gase, Nagy, Taylor, Kingsbury. Kitchens has shown that he's not HC material. Matt Patricia thinks he's Belicheck and he's not. Even McVay has lost his mind. LaFleur just laid a complete egg on the road with a HOF QB.

It's a weekly occurrence of 'lets be tricky and think our trickery will fool an NFL defense'.

I will say most of these team have below par and/or putrid OL but as the HC, your staff should recognize that and design plays that can work, not send your receivers 20 yards downfield-Kitchens. The RB should always be available as an outlet, especially with a sub par OL.

And for the love of gawd, quit substituting in inferior players because you think you are fooling someone.

It's a weekly occurrence of 'lets be tricky and think our trickery will fool an NFL defense'.
Meanwhile, Gruden is finding more success this year in lining up the team in an I formation and pounding Jacobs behind FB Alec Ingold. 

People laughed at his "old school" comment -- but as far as the Raiders are concerned this year vs years' past, no-trick old school approach is working for them.

dhockster said:
Has there ever been a season where so many bad teams played each other? Based on record, 5 of the 6 worst teams this year are Miami, NYJets, NYGiants, Washington and Cincinnati. Because the AFC East plays the NFC East and the AFC North, that means there are 10 games amongst these 5 teams. As of now they have played each other 3 times with a record of 3-3. In games not amongst themselves, they are 2-34 with the only wins being the Giants against TB (who is 2-6 and missed two extra points and a 34 yard FG that would have won the game), and the Jets against the Cowboys.

So we can look forward to 7 more games of teams possibly trying more to lose than win.
What this means is that several teams will appear to be less awful than they really are because somebody has to win those games.  Good thing to notebook for both later this year and also next year.

Meanwhile, Gruden is finding more success this year in lining up the team in an I formation and pounding Jacobs behind FB Alec Ingold. 

People laughed at his "old school" comment -- but as far as the Raiders are concerned this year vs years' past, no-trick old school approach is working for them.
The Bears best offensive production has come out of the “I” this year 

what’s old, is what’s new 

dhockster said:

I would only really start to worry if this wasn't the case.  I would think there would be some weird conspiracy going on if they were like 5-1 in those games.  hahaha

Has there ever been a more clueless group of NFL head coaches?

Game is on the line, you got one play left and Golladay and Jones are standing on the sidelines.

You got 3rd and 3 and your best RB is standing on the sidelines because the HC thinks he's being tricky with the backup RB in.

The so-called great young minds are all floundering. Gase, Nagy, Taylor, Kingsbury. Kitchens has shown that he's not HC material. Matt Patricia thinks he's Belicheck and he's not. Even McVay has lost his mind. LaFleur just laid a complete egg on the road with a HOF QB.

I will say most of these team have below par and/or putrid OL but as the HC, your staff should recognize that and design plays that can work, not send your receivers 20 yards downfield-Kitchens. The RB should always be available as an outlet, especially with a sub par OL.

And for the love of gawd, quit substituting in inferior players because you think you are fooling someone.
Some of those guys probably shouldn't be head coaches, many only got the job because the owner/GM knows that offense sells, and there has been some success with young offensive head coaches. 

I'm not saying you have to be in the league 20 years before getting the job, but we can't be truly surprised when "mistakes" are made - whether they're really mistakes or just didn't work out. 

Arod deserves part of the blame for their game. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread