What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL CINCY BENGALS 2020 THREAD - Dare we see TWO trades in a season? (1 Viewer)

Resigning Hopkins at a reasonable deal is a good move.  Man I hope they move on at OL coach though.

-QG

They better draft OL in the 2nd rd and not WR because this draft has plenty of WRs.
Technically, they already have an OT with 2019 first rounder Jonah Williams healthy after a red shirt season.

LB play was deplorable, so that will be a priority.  

Technically, they already have an OT with 2019 first rounder Jonah Williams healthy after a red shirt season.

LB play was deplorable, so that will be a priority.  
Both will be a priority for sure.  Hopefully there's a good player in each of round 2 and 3 for both of those spots (Jonah can play LT but somebody not named Bobby Hart needs to be playing RT)

-QG

So Duke Tobin is basically going to spend the next 3 months raising my blood pressure with this nonsense :(

-QG

I think they are going to get some great offers for that pick. Unfortunately, I don’t trust them to use those picks wisely.  Just take Burrow.  
If they don't take Burrow, I think the city is going to revolt!  :lmao:

Burrow has been making the PR tour this week.  Showed up at the Mason BW3.  He's met Jeff Ruby and already has the steak named after him.  Folks are making their custom Burrow Bengals jerseys in preparation for draft day.  It's Burrow-mania around here.  We live down the street from the BW3 he was at, and my son was mad that we didn't go down there to meet him.  The mania has infected the Mason schools for sure, as all of his classmates interested in football have been talking about Burrow.

Bengals signed DT DJ Reader formerly of Texans, 4 years 53 million.

Sorry, but that is Jack Conklin money, would have been better allocated to the O line

Reader is good - I like it.

Trae Waynes was an expensive signing but I am still amazed that the FO actually was proactive on day one of the legal tampering!

-QG

Wow the hits keep coming Von Bell!

Who knew all we need for the Bengals to get active in free agency was a global pandemic?!? 

-QG

We might as well talk about 33. Unless Queen somehow drops, I am expecting offense. Ruiz would be perfect, but might be gone also. Josh Jones would be in the conversation if they think he can be RT. 
WR is super deep and it feels like not everybody at that position can be a first rounder. Mims, Higgins, Aiyuk, Reagor could be in play. 

A trade down is also a possibility if no one WR stands out and Ruiz/Queen are gone. They will have a whole day to discuss deals before this pick. 

We might as well talk about 33. Unless Queen somehow drops, I am expecting offense. Ruiz would be perfect, but might be gone also. Josh Jones would be in the conversation if they think he can be RT. 
WR is super deep and it feels like not everybody at that position can be a first rounder. Mims, Higgins, Aiyuk, Reagor could be in play. 

A trade down is also a possibility if no one WR stands out and Ruiz/Queen are gone. They will have a whole day to discuss deals before this pick. 
Any thoughts on us seeing if Tampa will take a late pick for OJ Howard?

I guess having pick #1 and pick #33 is out of the Lapham spoiler zone as I haven't heard anything solid from him ;)

-QG

I guess having pick #1 and pick #33 is out of the Lapham spoiler zone as I haven't heard anything solid from him ;)

-QG
I like the idea. Adding more weapons for your new QB is wise. TE doesn't seem like a current strength for Cincy. Wasn't Drew Sample a pretty high pick last year, is he a guy that develop?

-QG
I think round4 on, I’d be in interested. 

We are getting nothing in terms of specific players, but they’ve talked about loving the pick1 day2 spot and wanting to help Burrow. I dont think we will see a trade and I think OL or WR, but it’s tough to predict which player that means. 

I like the idea. Adding more weapons for your new QB is wise. TE doesn't seem like a current strength for Cincy. Wasn't Drew Sample a pretty high pick last year, is he a guy that develop?
Sample was a 2nd round pick (considered a reach when we took him) and may have more of a blocking profile than receiving profile at this point.

-QG

I think round4 on, I’d be in interested. 

We are getting nothing in terms of specific players, but they’ve talked about loving the pick1 day2 spot and wanting to help Burrow. I dont think we will see a trade and I think OL or WR, but it’s tough to predict which player that means. 
I think it is a big advantage to have the first pick on day 2 and day 3 - if we have a number of players we would feel good about we could slide down a couple spots.  And if not, basically a round 1 type talent will be there for us to take :)

-QG

-QG
Lapham was just on and he said LB is in the mix at 33 with WR and OT. He mentioned Jordyn Brooks which is a name out of nowhere that should at least be on our radar.  Isiah Wilson for OTs. 

eta: Just looked him up and looks like Brooks dominated senior bowl week in front of Bengals staff. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Lap gave a bunch of names - which is sorta nice because usually it's like one name and then somebody snakes them at #32.  Still made about Ragnow.

-QG

The fun part of picking first on all 3 days is we have two overnights to reset and speculate anew :)

Florio trying to throw out some nonsense about the Dolphins making an offer the Bengals can't refuse completely ignoring the awesome tower of stubborness that is Mike Brown (and also ignores in the article that like the Dolphins owner he is really really old am might actually wanna win sooner than later).

Anyway :pickle:

-QG

Wish list tonight at 33

1) Jones OT Houston

2) Cleveland OT Boise St

3) Baun LB Wisconsin 

There might be a chance they move back. Which would not be a bad move. 
They always seem to like moving back.  Those are the 3 I would like to see, but they could still take a receiver.

I have a lot of guys I would like and not 1 slam dunk. 

Mims, Higgins, JJones, Cleveland, Logan Wilson would be the most likely imo. I’m really surprised about Fulton falling. I don’t think the Bengals take him, but that could put a trade on the table if someone else what’s to jump at him. 

Wish list tonight at 33

1) Jones OT Houston

2) Cleveland OT Boise St

3) Baun LB Wisconsin 

There might be a chance they move back. Which would not be a bad move. 
Baun might be really good, but unless the defense is going to be REALLY different this year, I don’t think he’s a fit. If we take a guy like that we either convert him to pure pass rusher like Lawson or ask him to play coverage backer. I could be wrong though. 

that pick by baltimore hurt
I would’ve loved Queen but after hearing Lapham talk I thought he was tipping Brooks but couldn’t possibly go as high as 33... well I was wrong as he went 27. In other words I wanted Queen, but I’m confident it was actually Seattle who sniped us. Maybe we will find out later. 

I have a lot of guys I would like and not 1 slam dunk. 

Mims, Higgins, JJones, Cleveland, Logan Wilson would be the most likely imo. I’m really surprised about Fulton falling. I don’t think the Bengals take him, but that could put a trade on the table if someone else what’s to jump at him. 
We ended up with 2 of these so that works for me. I’d love to make a trade to draft oline somehow though. 

Users who are viewing this thread