Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Big League Chew

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread

6 minutes ago, Doug B said:

Also on the dais alongside Governor Edwards and the Attorney General was  ... LSU football coach Ed Orgeron, who appealed directly to the citizens of the state to pitch in and "follow the game plan".

Orgeron has been in many, if not all, of the state's coronavirus-response planning meetings with the governor and staff. I had no idea.

The guy probably knows a thing or two about organizing, leadership, and chain of command.

• Like 1

Just now, The Z Machine said:
6 minutes ago, Doug B said:

Also on the dais alongside Governor Edwards and the Attorney General was  ... LSU football coach Ed Orgeron, who appealed directly to the citizens of the state to pitch in and "follow the game plan".

Orgeron has been in many, if not all, of the state's coronavirus-response planning meetings with the governor and staff. I had no idea.

The guy probably knows a thing or two about organizing, leadership, and chain of command.

No doubt. Plus, he's not being counted on to be Louisiana's Dr. Fauci -- Coach O is trying instead to reach people in another way altogether.

While it was kind of a "WTF?" moment seeing him speak at a public-information press conference like this, it's not hard to see why Orgeron's involvement is a net positive.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

Just got word today that our town got its first positive, and it’s a 1-year old.

Seems odd.  Did the child have symptoms, or come into direct contact with someone who had it?

2 hours ago, [icon] said:

Here's some more of that "coy" info I'm sharing that's purely fear mongering... 

Monday I posted pics of a unpublished Chinese Cargo plane at FedEx Hub in Memphis and said it was loaded with half a million tests. Turns out that news hit hours later. 

I then "played coy" saying there was another source I can't address specifically yet that had another half million coming in later.... that wasn't public yet. 

today's news

US AIR FORCE FLEW HALF A MILLION CORONAVIRUS TEST KITS FROM ITALY TO TENNESSEE

BY DEFENSE ONE  
   MARCH 18, 2020

The U.S. Air Force quietly flew 500,000 COVID-19 testing kits from Italy to Memphis, Tennessee, on Monday, Defense One has learned. Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman confirmed the shipment on board an Air National Guard aircraft. The plane carried “swabs” that are used in the COVID-19 testing process, he said during a Wednesday afternoon briefing at the Pentagon.

:coffee: 

Glad we got them, but how the hell does Italy let them go?!?!?!?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Doug B said:

No doubt. Plus, he's not being counted on to be Louisiana's Dr. Fauci -- Coach O is trying instead to reach people in another way altogether.

While it was kind of a "WTF?" moment seeing him speak at a public-information press conference like this, it's not hard to see why Orgeron's involvement is a net positive.

good on the LA gov't and Orgeron for that. seems silly and S-E-C, S-E-C at face value, but i'm sure there is no small number of folks that don't want the government to tell them what to do, don't want the press to tell them what to do, but they'll listen if coach O's talking.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sneegor said:

I just found out from a coworker that three people in my office are self quarantined right now including the woman with an office right next to me.  Nice knowing you guys.

Ya had a heck of a run.

3 minutes ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

Unfortunately I don’t know any details beyond the age and that it is the first positive test in town

A Franklin county Ohio (Columbus area) 2 year old tested positive... it was not community spread.

Oh baby! The NH governor has decreed that any establishment with a liquor license can now provide take out / pick up or home delivery of alcohol. Let the good times roll!

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Random said:

This is why we need a national quarantine (or lockdown).

This.  While I love being an American and love living in America-- Americans are absolutely terrible about being proactive and taking things seriously.  We had a multi-year bull run in our markets,  very low unemployment for a few years--and yet 50% of our public lives paycheck to paycheck.  We don't view anything as being a problem until it is huge--and even when that happens-- many of us are too stubborn or entitled to take the proper steps to solve the problem.   I know they are talking about locking down certain cities or counties--but the minute they start talking about it--people from those counties start moving to other ones.   Everybody emphasizes the importance of social distancing--but many of the same people go to costco to buy groceries--where they pack people in there like sardines.   The only way to solve this problem is through a nationwide coordinated lockdown with systematic testing to see exactly where the concentrations of the virus are.   You will not solve this problem by chasing the virus--you have to get out in front of it--basically create road blocks.   We are flying blind and chasing our tails in how this is being handled.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

From today's Ohio Governor DeWine presser - he's been giving a one hour long one every day (with multiple people speaking) for several days, and I've found them worth watching. 

For the BMV info below, police have been instructed not to ticket for suspended plate registrations.

DeWine closes salons, spas and barbershops across Ohio. The Ohio National Guard will deploy to help hospitals and food banks in the coming days.

Gov. Mike DeWine announced Wednesday that all salons, spas, tattoo parlors and nearly all Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles offices will close in response to the coronavirus outbreak.

Salons, spas and tattoo parlors were to close at the end of business Wednesday. All but five Ohio BMV offices will shutter though some services will remain available online, the governor said.

DeWine also asked that businesses start to check the temperatures of people who still have to report to their workplaces.

“The virus is here,” DeWine said. “It lives among us, and we must be at war with it.”

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Worth repeating:

Nate Silver@NateSilver538 ·25m

Not the last time I'm gonna have to say this: 

The very sharp increases in COVID-19 positives in the United States are inevitable given that testing is substantially increasing. And we want testing to increase. We are finally catching cases that we needed to catch 10 days ago.

The  @COVID19 Tracking data is not comprehensive and there are ups-and-downs from day to day and other quirks (some states don't report negatives). But you won't serve yourself well by freaking out whenever the numbers go up because they're gonna go way way up as we get more tests.

This ALSO means that comparing the US's growth curve to other countries *isn't that helpful* even if makes for interesting-looking charts and graphs. Because our testing sucked, our curve is likely to be steeper than counties that had more adequate testing to begin with.

My add:

I know we all really want to make sense of what is going on, and data seems to be an easy way to distill it in an objective way - but the data we have is really corrupted.  Enough that it really is meaningless.  We can't effectively compare infections or deaths on a raw scale, let alone a per-capita basis, or even a percentage increase.  With any luck, the presser I watched this afternoon suggested the government is finally getting testing out in a big way - give it a week or so to settle - and then we'll be in a better place to compare.

I find it interesting to track. I don't think we should assume we are going to have the same problem Italy has because it is too early to tell, but it's the data we have. No one trusts the data out of China, but we have Nobel prize winners penning articles based on that data too. Does anyone believe Russia's numbers? Regardless, this is a problem in Italy, it looks like Spain is going that way, and France isn't far behind. We are in the growth phase for sure, and it doesn't seem promising.

South Korea probably has the best numbers, and at least that looks promising. Still, one thing I find interesting from those good numbers is how many people in their 20's contracted it. Sure, none or not many died from that group, but it doesn't ease my concern over the virus spreading when we see all the college kids still going on Spring Break. Are we going to get a spike in cases when they start returning home? I hope not, but it doesn't seem good. My stepsister just texted that her neighbor's son went snow skiing last week and has now tested positive. My stepmom said her nieces were still going to New Mexico for their ski trip, and my gf's daughter is currently in Destin on her Spring Break too. All the moms are taking them dinner on different nights, with the gf making the trip over there tomorrow. :wall:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

Worth repeating:

Nate Silver@NateSilver538 ·25m

Not the last time I'm gonna have to say this: 

The very sharp increases in COVID-19 positives in the United States are inevitable given that testing is substantially increasing. And we want testing to increase. We are finally catching cases that we needed to catch 10 days ago.

The  @COVID19 Tracking data is not comprehensive and there are ups-and-downs from day to day and other quirks (some states don't report negatives). But you won't serve yourself well by freaking out whenever the numbers go up because they're gonna go way way up as we get more tests.

This ALSO means that comparing the US's growth curve to other countries *isn't that helpful* even if makes for interesting-looking charts and graphs. Because our testing sucked, our curve is likely to be steeper than counties that had more adequate testing to begin with.

My add:

I know we all really want to make sense of what is going on, and data seems to be an easy way to distill it in an objective way - but the data we have is really corrupted.  Enough that it really is meaningless.  We can't effectively compare infections or deaths on a raw scale, let alone a per-capita basis, or even a percentage increase.  With any luck, the presser I watched this afternoon suggested the government is finally getting testing out in a big way - give it a week or so to settle - and then we'll be in a better place to compare.

I mentioned it earlier, but we should expect to see numbers double every 4-6 days.  As long as they are Doubling much faster than that, it means we are just catching up to reality.

1.5% death rate in US so far. Considering we barely tested anybody until recently doesnt seem too bad. 

What’s the exit strategy when we start to reverse the exponential growth?

We’re still a solid year (maybe longer) away from a vaccine.

Won’t the spread continue, or maybe go back to growing, once we move away from social distancing?

Guess who was not allowed into a nursing home to do an assessment.    ME!   I am running a low grade fever 99.9.    I usually run at 97.5.   No symptoms.  Feel great actually.  Eating pasta atm and drinking gatorade.  No runny nose.  No chills.  No aches.   People scattered from me like I had leprosy.       I don't know when I go back to work atm.     Anyway my spaghetti is getting cold.

• Love 2

18 minutes ago, Doug B said:

This is a great point.

I've not yet seen Ohio State coach Ryan Day involved, but I'm going to see if there's a way I can make that suggestion to the Governor's office.

For the segments of the population not yet taking this seriously enough and not yet modifying their behavior, it would almost certainly make a difference getting the right celebrities involved to convey the key message points and make it more cool to follow them.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Won’t the spread continue, or maybe go back to growing, once we move away from social distancing?

I think we'll have to keep a full court press on until the curve flattens enough AND hospitals have sufficient time to get back below their overcapacity line.

10 minutes ago, jplvr said:

it doesn't ease my concern over the virus spreading when we see all the college kids still going on Spring Break. Are we going to get a spike in cases when they start returning home?

I mean, it's almost guaranteed.   Couldn't really understand why it made sense for a bunch of 20 year-olds who likely will have low risks to come home and hang with mid-50s mom and dad.   (caveat:  this is coming from the guy dumb enough to be social this past Saturday)

• Like 2

Just now, NotSmart said:

I think we'll have to keep a full court press on until the curve flattens enough AND hospitals have sufficient time to get back below their overcapacity line.

OK. Pick a date when we (USA) flatten the curve. There’s still going to be a significant number of new cases everyday.

I think it’s likely we will live with this in one form or another for at least 18+ months. Flattening curve is only phase 1; that still leaves many susceptible people and we'll have to maintain ongoing measures to some degree.

Question is how to reconcile that with maintaining a functional society.

36 minutes ago, Parrothead said:

can squirrels catch the virus?   I spend most of my time in the woods looking for balls...:bag:

the woods, suuuuure.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Laughing 1

Posted (edited)

At the local food pantry we’ve had to make some changes to eliminate crowds—instead of having folks come inside to pick out their food, we hand them pre-packaged boxes as they drive by. My concern was that it would take a lot of volunteers to pack all the boxes beforehand, and most of the regular volunteers are retired folks who are stuck at home right now.

At our big box-packing event last night, however, we had more volunteers than I’d ever seen before. We’ve also had so many donations that our warehouse is nearly full. It’s great to see people stepping up in times like these. :thumbup:

Edited by caustic
  • Like 12
  • Love 5

4 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Once we get the curve to flatten, then we can gradually increase our activities while maintaining a flattened curve. At least, that's the theory.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

OK. Pick a date when we (USA) flatten the curve. There’s still going to be a significant number of new cases everyday.

I think it’s likely we will live with this in one form or another for at least 18+ months. Flattening curve is only phase 1; that still leaves many susceptible people and we'll have to maintain ongoing measures to some degree.

Yeah, this is what I don't get.  The experts say that.....by fall we might have "herd immunity."  But that only happens if like 40-70% of people are immune.   So......if 40-70% of people get infected between now & summer.....with the death rates that have been estimated thus far......I'm not great at math (insert eye roll)......

What am I missing?

2 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

Once we get the curve to flatten, then we can gradually increase our activities while maintaining a flattened curve. At least, that's the theory.

The very first activity better be opening schools back up. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, caustic said:

At the local food pantry we’ve had to make some changes to eliminate crowds—instead of having folks come inside to pick out their food, we hand them pre-packaged boxes as they drive by. My concern was that it would take a lot of volunteers to pack all the boxes beforehand, and most of the regular volunteers are retired folks who are stuck at home right now.

At our big box-packing event last night, however, we had more volunteers than I’d ever seen before. We’ve also had so many donations that our warehouse is nearly full. It’s great to see people stepping up in times like these. :thumbup:

Damn that's awesome. :thumbup:

• Like 2

Just now, Alex P Keaton said:

Yeah, this is what I don't get.  The experts say that.....by fall we might have "herd immunity."  But that only happens if like 40-70% of people are immune.   So......if 40-70% of people get infected between now & summer.....with the death rates that have been estimated thus far......I'm not great at math (insert eye roll)......

What am I missing?

Flattening the curve should give you fatality rates that are closer to Germany than Italy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The General said:

Do you like to go with a lot of color or something more understated?

Floral. Undergarments optional. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, bradyfan said:

US CDC Tuesday Mar-17 Update (updated regularly at noon Mondays through Fridays. Numbers close out at 4 p.m. the day before reporting.) 
Cases in the U.S.   Testing in the U.S.
U.S. at a Glance
  Total cases: 4,226
  Total deaths: 75
   Jurisdictions reporting cases: 53 (49 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, and US Virgin Islands)
Cases in the U.S. reported to the CDC
  Travel-related: 229
  Person-to-person spread: 245
  Under investigation: 3,752
  Total cases: 4,226
Jurisdictions Reporting Cases to CDC - not updated
  1 - 5 cases: 9 - AK, GU, ID, MO, ND, PR, VI, VT, WY
  6 - 10 cases: 7 - DE (8), HI (7), KS (8), MS (10), MT (7), OK (9), SD (9)
  11 - 50 cases: 22 - AL (22), AR (16), AZ (13), CT (26), DC (17), IN (19), IA (22), KY (20), MD (37), ME (14), NE (18),
         NH (13), NM (17), NV (16), NC (33), OH (37), OR (39), RI (21), SC (28), TN (39), UT (21), WI (27) 
  51 to 100 cases: 7 - IL* (93), MI (53), MN (54), NJ (98), PA (63), TX (67), VA (51) 
  101 to 200 cases: 5 - CO (144), FL (136), GA (119), LA (101), MA (164) 
  201 - 500 cases: 1 - CA* (369) 
  501 - 1,000 cases: 2 - NY* (669), WA* (708) 
  *Community Transmission: 4 
Cases among Persons Repatriated to the U.S.
  Wuhan, China: 3
  Diamond Princess cruise ship: 46
Public Health Laboratory Testing for COVID-19
  Currently testing: 50 states plus District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico (89 state and local public health labs) 
  In progress: US Virgin Islands 
Number of specimens tested
  CDC labs: N= 4,255
  U.S. public health laboratories: N= 27,623

US CDC Wednesday Mar-18 Update (Web page updated regularly at noon Mondays through Fridays. Numbers close out at 4 p.m. the day before reporting.)
U.S. at a Glance
  Total cases: 7,038
  Total deaths: 97
  Jurisdictions reporting cases: 54 (50 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, and US Virgin Islands)
Cases in the U.S. reported to the CDC
  Travel-related: 269
  Person-to-person spread: 276
  Under investigation: 6,493
  Total cases: 7,038
Jurisdictions Reporting Cases to CDC
  1 - 5 cases: 7 - AK, GU, ID, ND, PR, VI, WV
  6 - 50 cases: 24 - AL (39), AZ (18), AR (24), DE (16), DC (31), HI (13), IN (30), IA* (29), KS (16), KY (26), ME* (32), MS* (34),
          MO (13), MT (11), NE* (21), NH* (26), NM (23), OK (19), RI (23), SC* (47), SD (11), UT (41), VT (10), WY* (11)
  51 - 100  cases: 13 - CT (68), MD (85), MI* (65), MN* (77), NV* (55), NC (62), OH (67), OR* (65), PA (96), TN (73), TX (64), VA (68), WI (88)
  101 - 200 cases: 5 - CO (183), FL (195), GA (178), IL* (160), LA* (190)
  201 - 500 cases: 2 - MA* (218), NJ* (267)
  501 - 1000 cases: 2 - CA* (569), WA* (930)
  1001 - 5000 cases: 1 - NY* (2,601)
  *Community Transmission : 18 
Cases among Persons Repatriated to the U.S.
  Wuhan, China: 3
  Diamond Princess cruise ship: 46
Public Health Laboratory Testing for COVID-19 - not updated
  Currently testing: 50 states plus District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico (89 state and local public health labs) 
  In progress: US Virgin Islands 
Number of specimens tested - not updated 
  CDC labs: N= 4,255
  U.S. public health laboratories: N= 27,623
Cases in the U.S.   Testing in the U.S.

Edited by bradyfan
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, timschochet said:

If this behavior continues then it’s probably only a matter of days before Trump orders a national quarantine/freeze in place. 

I see it coming. Every state and even different areas have different rules. OC CA is at the close bars, restaurants stage. Bay Area is shelter in place. No salons and other inessential stores are open. LA is closer where my bro is but not in Irvine where my dad is. I think getting this curve to flatten is going to take longer than we may think. :loco:

Edited by CurlyNight

7 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

This seerms like one of the last things they should do :shrug:

Hundreds, if not thousands of kids, who have terrible hygiene to begin with, all in a confinded space? oof

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CurlyNight said:

I see it coming. Every state and even different areas have different rules OC CA is at the close bars, restaurants stage. Bay Area is shelter in place. No salons and other inessential stores are open. LA is closer where my bro is but not in Irvine where my dad is. I think getting this curve to flatten is going to take longer than we may think. :loco:

I saw posters on another forum said Fulton County may have a curfew now (Atlanta).

2 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:
5 minutes ago, NotSmart said:

Okay, here's a totally and completely hypothetical scenario:

1. 2 weeks of partial quarantines and social distancing (i.e., what we're experiencing right now). Slows the spread but not enough.

2. 2 weeks of total lockdown. Only essential travel permitted. This is better but the curve still is not flattened.

3. back to 2-4 more weeks of partial quarantines. Masks and gloves required for everyone. The curve starts to flatten.

4. quarantines lifted but we're expected to employ social distancing for the next 9 months. No crowds larger than 250 people. This might reduce the rate of the disease's decline, but we'll consider it to be an acceptable risk.

And that will be our life for the next year.

BTW, If this happens, I expect all sports leagues will be canceling their seasons.

Posted (edited)

Tons of studies being released everyday, but I thought this one was particularly interesting and worth sharing. Researchers calculated that possibly 86% of CV infections in China went undocumented:

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2020/03/13/science.abb3221

EDIT: that number is prior to travel restrictions implemented 1/23/20

Edited by eagles21

2 minutes ago, CurlyNight said:

I see it coming. Every state and even different areas have different rules OC CA is at the close bars, restaurants stage. Bay Area is shelter in place. No salons and other inessential stores are open. LA is closer where my bro is but not in Irvine where my dad is. I think getting this curve to flatten is going to take longer than we may think. :loco:

The response so far has been largely at the state or municipal level, and obviously that means a disparate range of what constitutes social distancing. We need a coordinated federal response on the scale we’re seeing in Italy or Spain IMO.

• Like 3

On 3/11/2020 at 9:40 PM, Shaunz33 said:

Ok 3 days in. I only really have ventured outside to walk the dogs, go to grocery store or go for a run in the park/around the Castello. I continue to work from home. Maybe next week I’ll consider going to the office, but not many are. My team and contractor are starting to hint at milestone delays but we will see. Authorities have tightened down on moving around so you need a self declaration form ( and indicate work or a couple other reasons). There are fewer and fewer flights but there are some.  Luckily there is a small grocery store a few hundred feet away with no issues. Others I know who go to larger stores say there is security and long lines outside as they only let a few people inside at once. And a colleague went to a cafe and they were only letting in 1 person at a time to order. Inconvenient yes, but take it in perspective. I was hoping the numbers would start to plateau but it hasn’t yet. Record numbers today for the country. I’ll be fine as long as WiFi doesn’t go out and they keep Prosecco on the shelves. 

Now been about 10 days in Milan lockdown. Last Thursday, as many have seen, they further restricted movements here. And I’ve read they have fined  about 50,000 people throughout Italy for not following the restrictions. Still just dog walks and grocery store for me.  And working from the apartment. Still even more record numbers in Italy  (just today +4200 cases +475 deaths). Maybe the number of elderly and also high percentage of smokers in Italy has contributed. It is speculated maybe by end of this coming weekend things will start to improve. we will see. 

This was sad article on a hard hit town next to Milan. Imagine 10 pages of obituaries in the town vs usually 1.😢

https://www.wantedinmilan.com/news/coronavirus-italy-dear-grandparents-it-is-difficult-to-let-you-leave-us-like-this.html?fbclid=IwAR0jYyNsd_sKQ7xs4e0S2u_qsgci4dGNB4PmJLsLBP6BKbikZ2zZ1dVAFVw

I’ll be fine, still WiFi and Prosecco. Though I really need to make some dynasty trades while I have some extra time.

PS and no, there is no toilet paper issues here (probably since they are big into bidets). And haven’t really heard or seen any grocery issues

• Like 9
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Not happening in CA. Newsom already mentioned be prepared for them not to open before summer break.

Just now, [scooter] said:

Okay, here's a totally and completely hypothetical scenario:

1. 2 weeks of partial quarantines and social distancing (i.e., what we're experiencing right now). Slows the spread but not enough.

2. 2 weeks of total lockdown. Only essential travel permitted. This is better but the curve still is not flattened.

3. back to 2-4 more weeks of partial quarantines. Masks and gloves required for everyone. The curve starts to flatten.

4. quarantines lifted but we're expected to employ social distancing for the next 9 months. No crowds larger than 250 people. This might reduce the rate of the disease's decline, but we'll consider it to be an acceptable risk.

And that will be our life for the next year.

BTW, If this happens, I expect all sports leagues will be canceling their seasons.

That’s pretty much the timeline I am currently envisioning. We’re going to be managing, in one degree or another, life with Covid-19 for at least 12-18 months.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, the moops said:

This seerms like one of the last things they should do :shrug:

Hundreds, if not thousands of kids, who have terrible hygiene to begin with, all in a confinded space? oof

Singapore hasn't closed schools. They seemed to have flattened the curve just fine. Right now they are seeing mostly travel related cases, not kids spreading it. 

Repost from NYC thread:  

Shut it down!

My wife and I decided to get out of the house and walk around the nearby park that's about 3 blocks away. Our immediate neighborhood is pretty deserted. We're about 10 minutes from the Midtown Tunnel. The park was busier than I think I've ever seen it on a chilly Wednesday night. Kids playing baseball, basketball, soccer, handball.  People everywhere in all sizes of groups. Just wait until Friday when it is in the 70's

We're doomed.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Singapore hasn't closed schools. They seemed to have flattened the curve just fine. Right now they are seeing mostly travel related cases, not kids spreading it. 

Singapore is absolutely nothing like the US. It is hardly an apt comparison

• Thanks 1

I was put out of work until April 6. On April 6th things will be reevaluated. :cry:

We are one of those check to check families that live above their means. Trying to stay cool but I'm freaking a little. 

• Sad 17

Wife came home from work saying her sinuses were feeling clogged.  She checked her temp and she was 99.4.  Took some sinus meds and is relaxing in the bedroom.  Told it was probably just a bug but if her temp was still elevated in the morning she can't go to work.  Of course, I just started working from home so that's great.  Would only be fitting if I sequestered to home and that woman figured out a way to come here and take me out.  I told her the other day there is a reason she is my ex-girlfriend!  :hot:

8 minutes ago, Shaunz33 said:

WiFi and Prosecco

Wifi and Prosecco will take you through hard times! GL! 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

That last bit is what I’m wrestling with.  

Are we going to de facto shut down the country for 4-12 months for this virus?  

4 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

That’s pretty much the timeline I am currently envisioning. We’re going to be managing, in one degree or another, life with Covid-19 for at least 12-18 months.

I think society can get along just fine for an extended period of time, as long as people are not expected to make major sacrifices.

Minor sacrifices = social distancing, handwashing, masks, gloves, prohibitions on large gatherings. (No problem.)

Major sacrifices = quarantines, lockdowns, military patrolling the streets. (Zombie apocalypse stuff.)

• Like 1