Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
BassNBrew

2020 WSL Discussion Thread

Draft order is up.

https://www73.myfantasyleague.com/2020/options?L=46169&O=17

@Stephen Holloway @by_the_sea_wannabe @drunken slob

Date was well publicized so a slight change this year.  If you time out in the first round, you will be immediately replaced.  @Reaper @Ruffrodys05 please keep your eyes open.  I will pm both of you and first to pick is in if we need a replacement.

@by_the_sea_wannabe

I got a text from MFL saying I was on the clock?  😆

You might want to update the settings..... :whistle:

Of course if you want me to make the pick ......:excited:

Edited by OldMilwaukee

First pick has been made and it is Christian McCaffrey. I do not get to see the Panthers often and I know that everything will be new there, but I really do like how he plays. I hope that the new coach will continue to give him beyond heavy usage in the passing game. Much prefer to have later picks, but I do love being at the corner in these 16-team drafts.

Thanks for delaying the start for me.

Let's get this 2020 season kicked off right.

46 minutes ago, OldMilwaukee said:

@by_the_sea_wannabe

I got a text from MFL saying I was on the clock?  😆

You might want to update the settings..... :whistle:

Of course if you want me to make the pick ......:excited:

Interesting.  I unlinked you.

2 hours ago, Stinkin Ref said:

was going to text @by_the_sea_wannabebut the phone number on his page pops up as Old Mil in my contacts.....:tumbleweed:

thx 4 the email, completely forgot about it. on friday spent an hour talking about it with my doctor that is in charge of my trial while waiting for some blood results 🤣chemo brain is real  i tell ya.

Edited by by_the_sea_wannabe

:kicksrock: the cursed 7 spot, behind @BassNBrew :rant:

;)

• Laughing 1

5 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

;)

:lmao:  

Last year I was next after Bass in one or maybe two leagues. At one point, I just stopped making lists because he'd take the people I was writing down. Felt like I was just teeing them up for him :tinfoilhat:

:banned:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drunken slob said:

:lmao:  

Last year I was next after Bass in one or maybe two leagues. At one point, I just stopped making lists because he'd take the people I was writing down. Felt like I was just teeing them up for him :tinfoilhat:

he told me he has commish access and can see people's pre draft picks.....pretty much the only way he gets through these things.....

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

46 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

he told me he has commish access and can see people's pre draft picks.....pretty much the only way he gets through these things.....

Yup....look at your picks and then pick someone else.

2 hours ago, -OZ- said:

;)

LOL...worked out well for you Mr. Champion.

14 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

LOL...worked out well for you Mr. Champion.

You had your revenge!

5 hours ago, by_the_sea_wannabe said:

trying to make pick 

Same here....no luck so far.  Not able to link franchise either of the ways they suggest.  Sent message to commish, but any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Maggot Brain

46 minutes ago, Stephen Holloway said:

@Maggot Brain state pick here and I can log on and assume Commish status and make pick 

Thanks....give me Julio Jones please

1 hour ago, Maggot Brain said:

Same here....no luck so far.  Not able to link franchise either of the ways they suggest.  Sent message to commish, but any help would be appreciated.

I need you email address please.  Will send you an invite then.

Also need @Norseman @Fullback Fro @Rudy

There's a good chance that I'm going to eat a suspension shortly.  @Stinkin Ref has my cell phone number so ask him to text me if any commish duties needs to happen.  He can also add any missing e-mails and send invites in my absence.

@Reaper and @Ruffrodys05 , we are looking at needing a replacement in about 2 hours.  First to pick in this thread gets the spot.  PM both me and @Stinkin Ref your e-mail address if you do end up taking over for another owner.

@Rudy otc and about to timeout

eta: this Rudy hasn't been on since April 29th....is there another Rudy?....does he go by something else.....has he been ready for something else his whole life...?

Edited by Stinkin Ref

14 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

@Rudy otc and about to timeout

eta: this Rudy hasn't been on since April 29th....is there another Rudy?....does he go by something else.....has he been ready for something else his whole life...?

From the sign up thread it looks like it should have been @Reaper in the final spot ins of Rudy

With the purpose of driving up discussion, has their been any surprise picks thus far?

Mine is Derrick Henry going at RB 6. Yes, he just came off the most incredible playoff run that I can recall. He was dominant and according to the Footballguys.com stats, he finished at RB5 in ppr scoring.

BUT, he caught only 18 passes and is an impending free agent, who could get a big pay day and wind up with a lesser offensive line. I thought that he would go high, but #10 overall did surprise me.

4 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

There's a good chance that I'm going to eat a suspension shortly.  @Stinkin Ref has my cell phone number so ask him to text me if any commish duties needs to happen.  He can also add any missing e-mails and send invites in my absence.

:popcorn: what did you do ‽

2 hours ago, Stephen Holloway said:

With the purpose of driving up discussion, has their been any surprise picks thus far?

Mine is Derrick Henry going at RB 6. Yes, he just came off the most incredible playoff run that I can recall. He was dominant and according to the Footballguys.com stats, he finished at RB5 in ppr scoring.

BUT, he caught only 18 passes and is an impending free agent, who could get a big pay day and wind up with a lesser offensive line. I thought that he would go high, but #10 overall did surprise me.

He was in consideration at 7 but I wouldn't have taken him until end of the round. I don't think he leaves Nashville but you never know until he signs.

I kind of surprised myself with Cook. I've never been his biggest fan and gave kittle a long thought. But decided to go RB. 

5 hours ago, Stephen Holloway said:

Not a bad spot in my opinion.

I believe he stays with the Titans. They'll probably cut D. Lewis and there isn't much behind him. The concern for the lack of targets is legit. Still seems like a good situation for him now. But, like Oz said, until he signs, who knows?   

2 hours ago, -OZ- said:

:popcorn: what did you do ‽

Called out some clowns for being clowns

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

4 hours ago, Stephen Holloway said:

I certainly would have selected Hopkins there.   That said my perspective might be different because a couple of my teams last year were trotting out 4 solid RBs at the end of the season and only 2 wrs in a start 3 league. 

1 hour ago, Stinkin Ref said:

Having issues linking up to this draft. 

Please give me Nick Chubb

3 minutes ago, OldMilwaukee said:

You rang?  

If possible I believe you are OTC for this draft replacing Fullback Fro....link is in first post....pm me email and I will send invite

1 minute ago, OldMilwaukee said:

timed out so can't pick through mfl.

D. Adams please

you da man...thanks for stepping in

Two QBs in the top twenty and it wasn't @Stinkin Ref taking Mahomes, we are entering a new decade of drafting.

In 2019, the QB #2 was drafted at 41 and 68 in the two leagues and in 2018, the QB #2 was drafted at 32 and 52 in the two leagues.

Will the third again go early or will we see a several round delay until the next one is taken?

Edited by Stephen Holloway

Wanted to get a quick look at the rosters after this last batch of picks.

Missed the pick by OldMil of Jacobs. Going to take me a minute to get accustomed to, "LVR" by Raider player names :bag:

5 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

So todd gurley was...….interesting......

took him at 37 in my first bestball draft was surprised he went this much earlier here

Friendly Public Service Announcement:

Super cool idea to sign up to get the text notification of when you are OTC.

• Like 1

Is @Maggot Brain really going to time out?