What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The absolute earliest date that Joe Biden will have any decision making ability is 9 months from now. Given the immediacy of this crisis, either criticism or praise for him is irrelevant. What is your view of the criticism of Trump’s inactions? That is the important question right now. 
So we are allowed criticize Joe Biden’s terrible job of playing mock President during this crisis?  

I've been here like 20 years. I am a regular FBG customer. I post fairly regularly in the FFA and Baseball Forum. I came over here to discuss the Coronavirus. I have done so with many folks here. There is no trolling going on.

IP ban? Please.
:goodposting:

Of all the people to call a troll. Also I thought baseless claims of trolling in these parts were frowned upon.

Ugh.  :yucky:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 9m9 minutes ago

The LameStream Media is the dominant force in trying to get me to keep our Country closed as long as possible in the hope that it will be detrimental to my election success. The real people want to get back to work ASAP. We will be stronger than ever before!

Edited to add cross posted in Trump Tweets thread.
Good news is he has limited say on what happens. 

I've been here like 20 years. I am a regular FBG customer. I post fairly regularly in the FFA and Baseball Forum. I came over here to discuss the Coronavirus. I have done so with many folks here. There is no trolling going on.

IP ban? Please.
I have no idea if you're a regular posting under an alias or not, but what I do know is that the posts I've seen from you in this thread have been thoughtful and reasonable even when I disagreed. So either you are who you say you are or you're a secret troll who's so concerned about not blowing your cover that you're not actually doing any trolling. Either way it's all good in the hood as far as I'm concerned.  :thumbup:

I have no idea if you're a regular posting under an alias or not, but what I do know is that the posts I've seen from you in this thread have been thoughtful and reasonable even when I disagreed. So either you are who you say you are or you're a secret troll who's so concerned about not blowing your cover that you're not actually doing any trolling. Either way it's all good in the hood as far as I'm concerned.  :thumbup:
Just look at his post count.  I can't imagine that he's an alias.

Apparently, hydroxychloroquine doesn't work any better or worse than other standard drugs used to treat the coronavirus symptoms: 

https://www.newsweek.com/hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus-conventional-care-study-1494176

It doesn't appear to be any kind of magical cure. 
Did you read the article?

The study's authors conclude the prognosis for most patients is "good," adding more research involving a greater number of patients is needed to really determine the various effects of hydroxychloroquine in the treatment of the new coronavirus.
Study on 30 people and it didn't mention what underlying conditions  they had that I saw.  Seems flawed to me just like the one they mention from France that says it shows a dramatic drop when using it. 

Time will tell if it is truly effective but this study proves nothing really.  A lot more needs to be done but to make the statement you did is odd when they only tested 30 random people.

You are probably right, they just didn't take it to such an extreme level that a whole new forum had to be created for them that they flooded daily. I think you are right though, there's always those people. 
it's getting worse over time as the social media hive mind and panoply of left/right-skewed news sources continue to polarize us further and convince people on each side that they're the only ones who are right, decent and humane and the other guys are the worst people alive. Bush got it worse than Clinton by a long shot, Obama got it even worse than Bush, and Trump could solve world hunger and poverty tomorrow and Democrats would scream that it doesn't matter because he's an orange racist.

neither side sees their own hypocrisy and stupidity and each is absolutely determined to dig in against the other. Hard to see how anything gets better soon.

So the very first thing he does is tell a lie. “I just spoke to the governor of New York and he is very pleased with my use of the Defense Protection Act.” 

We know this is a lie because every time Cuomo speaks he urges Trump to enforce this act including today. 

Is anybody watching this?
It never gets interesting until after Trump delivers the opening address (which he generally does very well with). 

I figure most are waiting to see the doc juggling act and the questions, where things get interesting.

Either way, must see TV for me, but I'm bored out of my damn mind.

Mnuchin is kind of awesome. Don't know anything about him, but he seems like a major dork and talks about cutting checks to people. My kind of dude.

He loves his Trump, but of course, but hey if he made me SecTreas, I'd love him too. Mnunch seems to be nerding out on it, which is great.

Last edited by a moderator:
No guys nobody is watching these briefings.

President Trump’s daily White House coronavirus briefings are a ratings hit.

The president, who has taken the lead in the task force’s daily updates to the nation, has attracted an average audience of about 8.5 million viewers on cable news — about the number of viewers who watched the season finale of “The Bachelor,” The New York Times reported on Wednesday, citing Nielsen numbers.

And as the outbreak continues to surge across the country and more Americans abide by shelter-in-place orders in a number of states, the viewership is increasing.

Monday’s briefing drew 12.2 million people on CNN, MSNBC and Fox News, ratings similar to those of “Monday Night Football.”
https://nypost.com/2020/03/25/trumps-white-house-coronavirus-briefings-draw-bachelor-mnf-ratings/

I’m sure it’s been discussed in the pages prior here but what is the theory on why our death totals are so much lower relative to the overall number of cases versus everywhere else?   Here are the most current numbers.....

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
The numbers for today are not yet graphed but show an improvement from 225 new deaths to 133 new deaths.  And from 11,075 new cases to 9976.  I think we will start to see improvements from the social distancing and other precautions which started a week ago.  The death drop is probably an anomaly though as it is a bit early for that to show much of a decline.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread