What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
fantasycurse42 said:

A conspiracy theory? I looked at my wife during his press conference when he introduced Pence, and him being the fall guy was the first thing I said to her.

Eh, that's not really Trump's brand. Trump likes to blame people that he didn't hire (or people who weren't loyal to him). He hired Pence and Pence is loyal, so Trump will find someone else to blame.

At this point, I'd take ANYONE who didn't have to ask why we couldn't use any random flu vaccine to combat this thing.  It's a low bar, I know, but he continues to stumble into them :shrug:  
Honestly, I'd rather have a president who trips trying to hurdle that proverbial bar instead of trying to limbo under them.

At this point, I'd take ANYONE who didn't have to ask why we couldn't use any random flu vaccine to combat this thing.  It's a low bar, I know, but he continues to stumble into them :shrug:  
You would take the guy that criticized banning flights into our country from China, I don’t think anyone thought otherwise. 

You would take the guy that criticized banning flights into our country from China, I don’t think anyone thought otherwise. 
That's not what I said.  I said, I'd take ANYONE who didn't have to ask why we couldn't use any random flu vaccine to combat this thing.  The banning of flights or not is the least of our problems in this situation and is way down on the list of criteria I'd use to weigh competence in this situation.  That should be obvious to everyone.

That's not what I said.  I said, I'd take ANYONE who didn't have to ask why we couldn't use any random flu vaccine to combat this thing.  The banning of flights or not is the least of our problems in this situation and is way down on the list of criteria I'd use to weigh competence in this situation.  That should be obvious to everyone.
I love it when you show your extreme bias like above, banning flights from China into our country when the virus was first spreading saved more US lives than you could count yet it's the least of our problems? Sorry man, just hard to take anything like this seriously and after your dramatics last week just put me on ignore. TIA.

I don't understand.  Are you saying banning flights from the most infected country wasn't a good idea?

Banning flights was and is the right thing to do. Unfortunately, it didn't matter as China kept this under wraps far too long. Our containment and testing methods have been a dumpster fire.

I love it when you show your extreme bias like above, banning flights from China into our country when the virus was first spreading saved more US lives than you could count yet it's the least of our problems? Sorry man, just hard to take anything like this seriously and after your dramatics last week just put me on ignore. TIA.
Take it up with the experts....they are all saying while it could help some, it isn't the silver bullet a lot of people think it is :shrug:

I don't understand.  Are you saying banning flights from the most infected country wasn't a good idea?
No...not at all.  It's a logical step.  It's just not the silver bullet "thing" that's going to be looked at as "the best move ever in the history of moves".  For example, appointing competent people to spearhead the crisis and be the voice of the US on the global stage is significantly more important.  Making sure we understand how the virus works is significantly more important.  From those things trickle down the others like measured criteria for administering the tests.  As of yesterday, one of the aspects of the PROTOCOL was to test for the virus if they'd been to China.  People are going to the ER for testing because they have all the symptoms yet haven't been to China, so they are tested for other things but not this...it's bizarre.

:sadbanana:

@BarackObama

Protect yourself and your community from coronavirus with common sense precautions: wash your hands, stay home when sick and listen to the

@CDCgov

and local health authorities. Save the masks for health care workers. Let’s stay calm, listen to the experts, and follow the science.

:sadbanana:

@BarackObama

Protect yourself and your community from coronavirus with common sense precautions: wash your hands, stay home when sick and listen to the

@CDCgov

and local health authorities. Save the masks for health care workers. Let’s stay calm, listen to the experts, and follow the science.
I know, revolutionary. Hat's off for getting that statement off without taking a swipe at republicans while simultaneously patting himself on the back.   You know, leadership. 

Pence announced that we have 2500 test kits we're distributing.

2500.  In a population of 327 million people.  We have 2500 test kits being distributed.

“A lot of people are staying in our country, and they’re shopping and using our hotels in this country. So from that standpoint, I think probably there’s a positive impact.”

- President Donald Trump

“A lot of people are staying in our country, and they’re shopping and using our hotels in this country. So from that standpoint, I think probably there’s a positive impact.”

- President Donald Trump
Coronavirus is good because people stop coming to the US to spend money?

I just don't know how anyone can support an administration this inept. This isn't a partisan issue, this is an American health and well-being issue. How many tests have we run, is anything actually being done? This is my final Trump straw and I'm all-in on Biden. His botching of this emergency issue will be his downfall. If Biden's marketing folks have any sense, they'd be obliterating him right now.

I mean, he can't be worse than Trump, right? I could put a cardboard box in the WH that would be at worst equivalent. 

I just don't know how anyone can support an administration this inept. This isn't a partisan issue, this is an American health and well-being issue. How many tests have we run, is anything actually being done? This is my final Trump straw and I'm all-in on Biden. His botching of this emergency issue will be his downfall. If Biden's marketing folks have any sense, they'd be obliterating him right now.

I mean, he can't be worse than Trump, right? I could put a cardboard box in the WH that would be at worst equivalent. 
Cardboard boxes don't tweet, so I think it's slightly ahead on points already

If you're a Trump supporter, I don't know how you could support our response and how unprepared we really are.

I'm not blaming him for this, I'm blaming him for the response, which has been on par with a 3rd world country. 

Bloomberg had a radio ad playing in Chicago (and I assume many other places) playing clips of Trump talking stupidly about the virus.  It was quite effective, in my opinion.  I hope Bloomberg continues to help Biden in ways like this.

Bloomberg had a radio ad playing in Chicago (and I assume many other places) playing clips of Trump talking stupidly about the virus.  It was quite effective, in my opinion.  I hope Bloomberg continues to help Biden in ways like this.
He will, he knows we're in trouble if this is our response to a crisis. 

If you're a Trump supporter, I don't know how you could support our response and how unprepared we really are.

I'm not blaming him for this, I'm blaming him for the response, which has been on par with a 3rd world country. 
It's also worth noting that Trump downplayed the virus in a failed attempt to brag about how good of a job he's done. Just last week he said "When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."

Sadly, we all know the people who are still supporting Trump will find a way to excuse this behavior. They're all in on the guy.

The testing issue is a CDC issue and was probably a decision of someone who was not even a political appointee.  When all is said and done, I hope somebody gets ousted for that decision, but as soon as somebody got fired, the regulars around here would probably just complain about Trump interfering with the independence of the CDC and putting our health at risk by politicizing the CDC...Yada yada yada....what a joke

Last edited by a moderator:
Should not be about politics. When you have lives on the line and not just in China but all around the world. Washington State is ground zero.

Pence announced that we have 2500 test kits we're distributing.

2500.  In a population of 327 million people.  We have 2500 test kits being distributed.
I believe there are 500 tests to a kit.  So that's 1.25MM tests in total.  The fact they're batched like that does cause problems (you can only distribute them to 2500 places), but it's a lot of tests.

It's a start.

It's also worth noting that Trump downplayed the virus in a failed attempt to brag about how good of a job he's done. Just last week he said "When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."

Sadly, we all know the people who are still supporting Trump will find a way to excuse this behavior. They're all in on the guy.
BUT HE CANCELLED FLIGHTS FROM CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread