What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1240667054124011526

Trump on Americans staying home: "I think there's tremendous spirit in this country right now.. It's a spirit like a lot of people have not seen. People have not seen anything like it."

Trump on Americans staying home: "I think there's tremendous spirit in this country right now.. It's a spirit like a lot of people have not seen. People have not seen anything like it."
What did he say that isn’t true? We’ve never experienced something like this for a very long time. 

In fairness - I do appreciate both the FDA guy, and Pence referring to this as the "coronavirus" - just a much better tone to take at this stage.

(Yes, i realize "coronavirus" is not technically accurate, but its close enough)

In fairness - I do appreciate both the FDA guy, and Pence referring to this as the "coronavirus" - just a much better tone to take at this stage.

(Yes, i realize "coronavirus" is not technically accurate, but its close enough)
So, so much better than the "Chinese" virus. I'd have appreciated if the FDA guy at least had said Covid-19, though

Anyone hearing rumors of a military ordered lockdown? Sitting in a management meeting where this is a hot topic.

Anyone hearing rumors of a military ordered lockdown? Sitting in a management meeting where this is a hot topic.
There have been rumors, but they've been strongly denied by everyone (state and federal). At this point I doubt it happens unless things get very very bad.

The difference in public speaking ability between Trump and literally everyone else on the stage is always so striking. I just will never truly get the appeal. I'd tune him out if he was talking at a party, let alone standing behind a WH podium.
It is because he is not at one of his rallies, where he is in his element. 

Trump taking questions from the press.

Asked if he can guarantee bailout money doesn't go to bonuses or stock buybacks, Trump says, "We don't want that," and conditions on the bill "would be okay with me," but says lots of people have to agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1240672509579726853

Asked why he isn't pulling the trigger re using Defense Production Act, Trump says: "Governors are supposed to be doing a lot of this work...the federal government's not supposed to be out there buying vast amounts of item and then shipping. You know, we're not a shipping clerk."

Trump says the same goes for coronavirus testing -- "the governors are supposed to be doing it," not the federal government.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump taking questions from the press.

Asked if he can guarantee bailout money doesn't go to bonuses or stock buybacks, Trump says, "We don't want that," and conditions on the bill "would be okay with me," but says lots of people have to agree.
Yesterday Mark Cuban was on CNBC and stated that any company that takes bailout money should be restricted from buying back their own stock, forever.   I like this idea.

*Walter Bloomberg

@DeItaOne

TRUMP SAYS FDA HAS APPROVED CHLOROQUINE FOR USE IN COVID-19

*and*

FDA SAYS IT HAS NOT APPROVED CHLOROQUINE FOR COVID-19 USE
Chalk it up to Trump not really understanding things.

I believe it is approved for "testing" on covid-19 patients - but it still will take some time to determine therapeutic benefits, and proper dosage. 

Reporter says (paraphrasing) "Yesterday you said you thought this was a pandemic before anyone was calling it a pandemic. Why, then, have there been so many problems with testing in the USA?" 

Trump doesn't address testing at all, touts his China travel ban and blames "the media." 

Understatement of the year...

Daniel Dale‏Verified account @ddale8 1m1 minute ago

Trump says "social distancing" is "very interesting" and has become "somewhat of a hot term."

Reporter says (paraphrasing) "Yesterday you said you thought this was a pandemic before anyone was calling it a pandemic. Why, then, have there been so many problems with testing in the USA?" 

Trump doesn't address testing at all, touts his China travel ban and blames "the media." 
A comedian friend of mine posted this on social media:

Trump is being criticized for claiming he knew all along this was a pandemic, even though in the very beginning he said it wasn't.

In his defense he probably thought pandemic was something only pandas could catch. - @social_mime

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1240676128202817541

Asked why not pull trigger on the Defense Production Act, Trump: "If we find that we need something that we will do that. And you don't know what we've done. You don't know whether or not we've ordered. You don't know if we've invoked it. You don't know what's been ordered."

:confused:
Isn't the point of these briefings is to tell us what is being done?

Him saying he knew it was a pandemic before anyone else is actually the most damning stance to take. It implies he knew how bad this was, knew it was coming and still down played it to the public, didn’t get out ahead of it, etc. It implies he was fine with a pandemic coming here and didn’t feel the need to warn everyone or take precautions. He should be impeached for that honestly. 

Him saying he knew it was a pandemic before anyone else is actually the most damning stance to take. It implies he knew how bad this was, knew it was coming and still down played it to the public, didn’t get out ahead of it, etc. It implies he was fine with a pandemic coming here and didn’t feel the need to warn everyone or take precautions. He should be impeached for that honestly. 
Yeah, he claims to have known, yet the big problem was the media's response. :wall:   

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread