What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him saying he knew it was a pandemic before anyone else is actually the most damning stance to take. It implies he knew how bad this was, knew it was coming and still down played it to the public, didn’t get out ahead of it, etc. It implies he was fine with a pandemic coming here and didn’t feel the need to warn everyone or take precautions. He should be impeached for that honestly. 
Yeah...just an overall dumb statement to make...given his response...shutting down the pandemic office, downplaying it all...if he knew it was all coming and still took those actions...he is basically just evil.

I still can't believe they are still taking the "people without symptoms shouldn't get tested" approach. Without testing asymptomatic people, we're screwed.

I can only assume they are still saying that because we are no where near having enough tests.

I've been pleasantly surprised by Republicans' embrace of large-scale fiscal stimulus, but there's a good chance this thing devolves into a pile of garbage before it's all said and done:

Jeffrey Stein @JStein_WaPo

***Current Senate GOP plan may phase *in* checks for $1,000-$1,200, sources say. That would mean poor/low-income could potentially receive as little as $600, rather than full benefit of $1,200.

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1240647771872518144?s=20
Even Pelosi/Schumer have been banging the drum for "more targeting." When you start targeting, you often miss the people you're trying to help!  :wall: Programs like SNAP and SSI only reach a fraction of those who are eligible for benefits.

Has anyone heard from Dr. Fauci recently?

:oldunsure:

#FreeFauci
He was on CNN last night. I think they are just rotating people through. Today, they wanted to highlight the FDA's involvement in drug testing. I am guessing they will want either Birx or Fauci available for these though.

Yeah...just an overall dumb statement to make...given his response...shutting down the pandemic office, downplaying it all...if he knew it was all coming and still took those actions...he is basically just evil.
I think it's important to remind the few of you that continue to guffaw at the idiotic and tone deaf things Don says that he is really only speaking to his voters.  He doesn't care what the rest of the world thinks of him; his chief concern is preserving his image and the vote among the people who backed him 2016 and will back him again.  He relishes in the discomfort his non-supporters express over his asinine statements.  That's what gives him the smirk.  

There isn't a Trump supporter alive who isn't feasting on this dynamic.  Don is and has always been serving a double scoop of delight for his base; appease his fans while at the same time infuriating his enemies.  I beg of all of us who fall in the latter camp to do what we should have been doing prior to 2016 and that's just ignore him.  Stop jaw-dropping and repeating all the moronic lies and false claims he makes because doing that just tickles his fan base to no end.  It's been on display on this very website for four years now, which is just a microcosm for the country/world at large.  

Focus instead on voting this con man out and stop feeding the trolls.  My two cents.....by all means, continue being appalled at the lunacy this mountebank barks at the nation.  

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1240674064110440449

.@kaitlancollins asks how it's acceptable that it's come to the CDC advising health workers to reuse old masks, use beyond their shelf life, or even use bandanas and such. Trump says, "I haven't seen that, but I will let Mike answer that question."
The President should be aware of the guidance, but I'm not sure why he's asking medical questions. If the CDC is making these recommendations, they need to answer these questions. 

"I take no responsibility".

Guys, he told us. Don't act surprised.
It has been quite a while since I've posted this but he is literally everything the far right has been telling us for the last 20 years what is wrong with the United States.  He expects everything to be given to him because he's a lazy, entitled, cry baby, who blames everyone else for his mistakes and doesn't take responsibility for his own actions or lack thereof. 

It's absolutely maddening.

Exact quote:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1240678632361807873

Trump, asked about any guidance for Congress re these positive tests among members, talks about reporters:

"You're actually sitting too close. You should really -- we should probably get rid of another 75%, 80% of you. I'll have just two or three that I like in this room."
so hes only going to invite tucker and hanity to these going forward?

Sounds about right - 

@Hannity - BREAKING NEWS: Trump Confirms FDA Approves ‘Chloroquine’ to be Prescribed to Help Treat Coronavirus https://hann.it/2UlQGbP

--

Few minutes later, from Max Burns - 

The@US_FDA has released a statement saying this is categorically not true, and they have not approved *any* @Coronavirus drug yet.

I've been pleasantly surprised by Republicans' embrace of large-scale fiscal stimulus, but there's a good chance this thing devolves into a pile of garbage before it's all said and done:

Even Pelosi/Schumer have been banging the drum for "more targeting." When you start targeting, you often miss the people you're trying to help!  :wall: Programs like SNAP and SSI only reach a fraction of those who are eligible for benefits.
Why would low income people be getting less?

That's totally backwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jake Sherman@JakeSherman

NEWS, from the closed Senate GOP lunch:

@LindseyGrahamSC just told his Republican colleagues that he is trying to convince TRUMP to oppose direct payments in PHASE THREE bill— as is new WH COS, Mark Meadows.

It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em.

It has been quite a while since I've posted this but he is literally everything the far right has been telling us for the last 20 years what is wrong with the United States.  He expects everything to be given to him because he's a lazy, entitled, cry baby, who blames everyone else for his mistakes and doesn't take responsibility for his own actions or lack thereof. 

It's absolutely maddening.
This is what has puzzled me so much about the capitulation of the right I considered part of my own. He's absolutely the antithesis of everything we were led to believe the loose caucus of people that make up the right believed in. While I personally didn't believe in the more moral absolutism of the right, it seemed that way for so many others.

Consider me perplexed and disheartened. If not us, who? If not then, when? 

And for what?

But back to COVID-19, which is obviously way more important than griping about presidential demeanor and truthful statements made. 

I think it's important to remind the few of you that continue to guffaw at the idiotic and tone deaf things Don says that he is really only speaking to his voters.  He doesn't care what the rest of the world thinks of him; his chief concern is preserving his image and the vote among the people who backed him 2016 and will back him again.  He relishes in the discomfort his non-supporters express over his asinine statements.  That's what gives him the smirk.  

There isn't a Trump supporter alive who isn't feasting on this dynamic.  Don is and has always been serving a double scoop of delight for his base; appease his fans while at the same time infuriating his enemies.  I beg of all of us who fall in the latter camp to do what we should have been doing prior to 2016 and that's just ignore him.  Stop jaw-dropping and repeating all the moronic lies and false claims he makes because doing that just tickles his fan base to no end.  It's been on display on this very website for four years now, which is just a microcosm for the country/world at large.  

Focus instead on voting this con man out and stop feeding the trolls.  My two cents.....by all means, continue being appalled at the lunacy this mountebank barks at the nation.  
So /thread then. And most of the threads in the PSF. 

What did I miss?
The chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee warned a small group of well-connected constituents three weeks ago to prepare for dire economic and societal effects of the coronavirus, according to a secret recording obtained by NPR.

The remarks from U.S. Sen. Richard Burr-R were more stark than any he had delivered in more public forums.

On Feb. 27, when the United States had 15 confirmed cases of COVID-19, President Trump was tamping down fears and suggesting that the virus could be seasonal.

"It's going to disappear. One day, it's like a miracle. It will disappear," the president said then, before adding, "it could get worse before it gets better. It could maybe go away. We'll see what happens."

On that same day, Burr attended a luncheon held at a social club called the Capitol Hill Club. And he delivered a much more alarming message.

"There's one thing that I can tell you about this: It is much more aggressive in its transmission than anything that we have seen in recent history," he said, according to a secret recording of the remarks obtained by NPR. "It is probably more akin to the 1918 pandemic."

<more>

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/19/818192535/burr-recording-sparks-questions-about-private-comments-on-covid-19

The chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee warned a small group of well-connected constituents three weeks ago to prepare for dire economic and societal effects of the coronavirus, according to a secret recording obtained by NPR.

The remarks from U.S. Sen. Richard Burr-R were more stark than any he had delivered in more public forums.

On Feb. 27, when the United States had 15 confirmed cases of COVID-19, President Trump was tamping down fears and suggesting that the virus could be seasonal.

"It's going to disappear. One day, it's like a miracle. It will disappear," the president said then, before adding, "it could get worse before it gets better. It could maybe go away. We'll see what happens."

On that same day, Burr attended a luncheon held at a social club called the Capitol Hill Club. And he delivered a much more alarming message.

"There's one thing that I can tell you about this: It is much more aggressive in its transmission than anything that we have seen in recent history," he said, according to a secret recording of the remarks obtained by NPR. "It is probably more akin to the 1918 pandemic."

<more>

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/19/818192535/burr-recording-sparks-questions-about-private-comments-on-covid-19
And let me guess...some of them used this to pull money out in some places and invest in others and are profiting off this information?

And let me guess...some of them used this to pull money out in some places and invest in others and are profiting off this information?
Without a doubt.

I would have tried to profit off of it, including my family and friends being safer, if the political rightwing would have been honest with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread