What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Democratic VP candidates - Kamala Harris Is The Choice (1 Viewer)

As a democrat, I couldn't agree more. 

Is she a strong candidate on her own? She was never a serious contender for a nomination. 

Does Harris being black matter to black voters? Not that they are going to vote for Trump, but does a black VP bring out the non-voters? Also, doesn't she have a very brutal track record on minor crimes or am I thinking of someone else?

Were people worried about Biden being too left? Biden is practically a republican.

Perhaps you are correct, but man, I hate the logic of, "hmm, I need black voters, and female voters, I know I'll nominate a black woman as VP!" Its insulting to people's intelligence, but if it works, then I guess I can't complain. Just seems like something that should be irrelevant to me. I'm pretty unenthused with this nomination, and was already unenthused with Biden. I'll still vote for him, because I'd vote for an inanimate carbon rod over Trump, but this election feels like a choice between stepping on a nail, or stepping on a landmine, I'd prefer neither.
:goodposting:

“i need black voters and female voters so I’ll nominate a black woman as VP” is insulting. 

I know this is a crazy notion, and I'm not thrilled with Harris as the choice, but it's possible he thinks she is most qualified to, once elected, actually do the job among the people who were in consideration. You can make a strong argument to support that notion.
He was a VP for 8 years he might know something about what it takes.

I know this is a crazy notion, and I'm not thrilled with Harris as the choice, but it's possible he thinks she is most qualified to, once elected, actually do the job among the people who were in consideration. You can make a strong argument to support that notion.
Yeah, its certainly possible. I'll be the first to admit, I'm not a person who follows politics as closely as probably 75% of this forum. However, as a democrat, I just feel uninspired by pretty much everything since 2016. A Biden/Harris ticket feels like a centrist ticket, and not a democratic one. Basically, I feel like the entire government took a giant leap to the right, and what was once moderate is now democrat, and what was once republican is now moderate, and what was once extreme right, is now average right.

i'm done.

didnt really care cuz the best we can hope for our nation from Pony Soldier Joe is not-actively-terrible and his heir apparent can't not be corrupt and absolutely must have Swiftboats & Willie Hortons for her opponents to play with

still, i thought i knew politics. nope. i woulda bet as much that Biden wouldnt tab Harris as i was willing to bet against him being the nominee. cain't NObody get out their own way anymore.

i'm done.
I totally get the idea of being done - I don't see how Kamala Harris should have any bearing on that at all.  If anything, the pick of Harris was completely predictable and should have been the presumptive selection.

:lol:  Nominees pick VP's that balance out their ticket. That's what they have always done.

Biden has said he wanted people around him that look like America.
It wasn't Biden's choice.

He probably wasn't even in the room when the decision was made.

You asked if she overlooked accusations of rape when no one has accused him of rape.  Not sure what kind of response you are expecting.
https://www.vox.com/2020/5/7/21248713/tara-reade-joe-biden-sexual-assault-accusation

She said Biden pushed her against a wall on the Capitol grounds, kissed her, and then digitally penetrated her — all against her will.

RAPE: noun - unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, ######, or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the victim.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/rape

So apparently strategy number one to brush off Kamala's stated belief in Joe's victims' accusations is to pick and choose what definitions of words Dems want to embrace.

People are so great.

Decided to drop in here and give my opinion on Harris.  Huge mistake by Biden.  I was going to vote for Biden if he chose Rice but now I am going to support Trump.  As a black man, I have been disgusted that Biden has been so disrespectful to blacks lately with his comments.  You have to earn people's vote and not just expect it.
This is the best post ever.

Yeah, its certainly possible. I'll be the first to admit, I'm not a person who follows politics as closely as probably 75% of this forum. However, as a democrat, I just feel uninspired by pretty much everything since 2016. A Biden/Harris ticket feels like a centrist ticket, and not a democratic one. Basically, I feel like the entire government took a giant leap to the right, and what was once moderate is now democrat, and what was once republican is now moderate, and what was once extreme right, is now average right.
On balance, I’d say Biden’s platform is to the left of Hillary’s. There are a few issues (like weed legalization) that he’s frustratingly conservative on, but most of his policies are better and more expansive. His green stimulus and housing policies in particular are legitimately good and could eliminate a lot of poverty. 

Biden was one of my least favorite candidates in the primary, but I’ve been encouraged by his behavior since winning the nomination. Instead of flipping the bird to leftists and saying “we’re going to be a centrist party now,” he’s genuinely brought all factions of the party to the table and brokered some compromises. Typically a candidate gets more centrist during the general election, but Biden has actually moved leftward. He really seems to be interested in uniting the party rather than being an ideologue.

Okay, sure.  :rolleyes:

The only worse candidate Biden's handlers could have picked was Hillary Clinton.

I don't think the daughter of a slave owning Jamaican and an elitist from India who hasn't been through "the struggle" blacks talk about is going to a) shred anyone and b) able to shore up the "black" vote.  Great job, Biden's handlers.
Well, somehow the guy born to a wealthy real estate tycoon who lived in a house literally made of gold was able to lock up the lesser-educated, blue-collar sect of the voting public so who knows at this point.

How about: "I want to give women, and Black Women, a seat at the table, and a voice to be heard."

Outside of grumpy white males, who do you think is insulted by that gesture?
What table are black women sitting at if Biden wins with her?

And yes, I think that after the recent comments about black people from Biden, the fact that he thinks he can just choose a black woman and the blacks will come out for him in full force is insulting to people other than “grumpy white men”

Another Asian woman insulted by picking an Asian-American woman as VP:

Preet Bharara @PreetBharara

The most excited person I talked to today was my Indian mom. Because she cannot wait to vote for Vice President Kamala Devi Harris.

And yes, I think that after the recent comments about black people from Biden, the fact that he thinks he can just choose a black woman and the blacks will come out for him in full force is insulting to people other than “grumpy white men”
 Biden needs Harris to get the black vote?

A Biden victory puts a Woman at the upper echelon of the executive branch.

It puts a Black woman at the upper echelon of the executive branch.

It puts an Asian woman at the upper echelon of the executive branch.

Those are big milestones - and important for the continued growth of the country, that we get beyond a bunch of white dudes sitting around making policy choices.

If Biden picked an old white dude I’m guessing the complaints would be “look he’s taking the black vote for granted” .

This seems like a ridiculous criticism. 
I, for one, am shocked that the Harris pick DIDN'T pull any of the guys in this board who were adamantly for Trump*. I really thought she would have made inroads into the vocal Trump supporter contingency. 

* Or those guys who say they are Leftists/Bernie Bros....but do everything they can to give Trump a pass.

Well, somehow the guy born to a wealthy real estate tycoon who lived in a house literally made of gold was able to lock up the lesser-educated, blue-collar sect of the voting public so who knows at this point.
Lesser educated? Interesting. You guys still wonder why you lost?

Last edited by a moderator:
I, for one, am shocked that the Harris pick DIDN'T pull any of the guys in this board who were adamantly for Trump*. I really thought she would have made inroads into the vocal Trump supporter contingency. 

* Or those guys who say they are Leftists/Bernie Bros....but do everything they can to give Trump a pass.
Exactly. The Harris pick moves no one here. We'll see if it moves others on November 3rd.

Looks like they just never learn. 
Would you prefer non-college educated? 

I'm genuinely not trying to be offensive here. My understanding from reviewing the voting demographic data is that Trump did incredibly well with the middle class voters who didn't have a college education and work the more blue collar jobs. I found that surprising given Trump's background of never even sniffing that demographic. 

Would you prefer non-college educated? 

I'm genuinely not trying to be offensive here. My understanding from reviewing the voting demographic data is that Trump did incredibly well with the middle class voters who didn't have a college education and work the more blue collar jobs. I found that surprising given Trump's background of never even sniffing that demographic. 
But I'm not sure what your point is. What's the point about calling people lesser educated? Some of the smartest people I know never went to college at all.

The dumbest people I've worked with are college educated.  There is only one reason you bring stuff like that up.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thinking
Reactions: rct

Users who are viewing this thread