What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is it too late to get Cuomo on the ballot? (1 Viewer)

Disagree.  Given that NYC is probably the single hardest place in the country to control COVID, was one of the first outbreak locations when we knew very little, and Cuomo had to contend with DeBlasio's idiocy, I think NY has done remarkably well.  Cuomo was dealt a difficult hand and NYC is now looking good.  Texas, Florida, etc. had every opportunity in the world to learn from others mistakes and successes, then proceeded to ignore all available data and lessons in order to #### things up royally.
New York had the opportunity to learn from Italy and Spain and ####ed things up royally.  Lots of us watched this play out in real time just a few months ago.  
I don't think you can blame Cuomo terribly for not having testing capacity, PPE, etc., as most of the fault there lies with the feds.

If you want to argue that NY/NYC didn't shut down hard enough or early enough, I'm absolutely on board.  However, if we're doing that, then every other governor and mayor gets the same blame, and many more so as they doubled down on not shutting down, not mandating masks, and reopening too much too soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: rct
Of course, you could flip that around, and say its curious that people are willing to give Trump all kinds of breaks and excuses (and even admiration for his handling of the virus), but offer no such breaks to Cuomo.
That doesn't address my post.  It's more of a deflection.

I don't rail on NY and Cuomo 24/7 like you guys do on Trump.  In fact just the opposite, early on, I actually thought Cuomo was doing a good job and thought he should be the potus nominee.

Somebody I might actually vote for.

• Sad
I don't think you can blame Cuomo terribly for not having testing capacity, PPE, etc., as most of the fault there lies with the feds.

If you want to argue that NY/NYC didn't shut down hard enough or early enough, I'm absolutely on board.  However, if we're doing that, then every other governor and mayor gets the same blame, and many more so as they doubled down on not shutting down, not mandating masks, and reopening too much too soon.
Of course, Trump's fault again.  Sigh. 

• Laughing

Users who are viewing this thread