What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Republican Officials In New Mexico County Refuse To Certify Election Results (1 Viewer)

Not sure why that even matters. NBC fact check from January 5th told me Mike pence couldn't overturn it anyway. 
POTUS asked him to do it in defiance of constitutional law. What if Pence had succumbed to the pressure?

It appears that Otero County commissioners decided to change the game after people had voted - and with no substantial reason.

They could have changed counting practices before the election and they can audit for accuracy after the election. But instead they're trying out the upcoming GOP plan of just saying "Nuh, uh. Because we say so."

"The law governing the certification process, the Electoral Count Act of 1887, specifically limits the power of the president of the Senate precisely because a president of the Senate had intervened in the count previously."

That doesn't say he physically can't do it. It says he legally can't do it.

That's beside the point. All coups are illegal. Every single one of them.

It's over, they certified the election. 

New Mexico election standoff and ‘attack on democracy’ ends

https://www.kob.com/new-mexico/new-mexico-election-standoff-and-attack-on-democracy-ends/
This is an amazing quote:

”My vote to remain a ‘no’ isn’t based on any evidence. It’s not based on any facts. It’s only based on my gut, and my gut feeling and my own intuition and that’s all I need,” Griffin said. “If this is as far as it goes, it proves how scared they are to talk about auditing.”

A guy who couldn’t attend these hearings in person because he was tied up in DC at his sentencing for his participation in January 6th said this out loud as though it were logical reasoning and fighting the good fight.  Impressive…scary, but impressive

This is an amazing quote:

”My vote to remain a ‘no’ isn’t based on any evidence. It’s not based on any facts. It’s only based on my gut, and my gut feeling and my own intuition and that’s all I need,” Griffin said. “If this is as far as it goes, it proves how scared they are to talk about auditing.”

A guy who couldn’t attend these hearings in person because he was tied up in DC at his sentencing for his participation in January 6th said this out loud as though it were logical reasoning and fighting the good fight.  Impressive…scary, but impressive
Even scarier is the number of Supreme Court justices who will simply shrug and say "well, it's a state legislature's prerogative."

Had lunch with two nevertrumper friends yesterday who said that they weren't following the committee hearings because they "didn't believe they would lead anywhere." Pressed for further explanation, they said that they didn't think the DOJ would take the action many of us believe it should take.

We should all be scared crapless by Barr's statement that he would vote for Trump in '24 because the greatest threat to the country was a government imposing disastrous liberal policies on it. The unsaid implication was that an end run around the rules was completely acceptable to prevent it.

From top to bottom they're telling us that they won't be bound by democratic norms if the results don't go their way.

Users who are viewing this thread