What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Antonio Gibson, NE (3 Viewers)

Yea definitely not mine. Did 9 of them and he never made it to the 3rd. I took him at 2.04 in one and 2.06 in another. 

There is no universe in which it would make sense for his value to go down after the Guice news. New developments could change that but the obvious consensus *ought* to be that his market value went up. Doesn't mean one owner's individual ranking has to change. 
First, just checked and he went 2.11

as for current value, I dunno - sometimes when coaches talk about how a player isn’t picking up blitz packages & is a long ways off, value can drop. 

I mean, if perceived value can rise based on the guice release, why wouldn’t value drop on the negative reports out of camp? 

put it this way;  If you were drafting a rookie draft today, would you pay a 1st or 2nd for him? 

anyway, I’m not interested in him at a 1st or 2nd round valuation. That seems nuts right now. I have a hard time evaluating his worth until after we see what the Washington TBDs do in the 2021 NFL draft. 

as for current value, I dunno - sometimes when coaches talk about how a player isn’t picking up blitz packages & is a long ways off, value can drop. 

I mean, if perceived value can rise based on the guice release, why wouldn’t value drop on the negative reports out of camp? 

put it this way;  If you were drafting a rookie draft today, would you pay a 1st or 2nd for him? 

anyway, I’m not interested in him at a 1st or 2nd round valuation. That seems nuts right now. I have a hard time evaluating his worth until after we see what the Washington TBDs do in the 2021 NFL draft. 
Lol none of that is new to anyone paying attention. Everyone knew he was extremely raw when he was drafted. He’s been in camp for like a week. It should come as no surprise that he has a lot to learn when it comes to blitz pickup and likely other parts of playing running back. Doesn’t preclude him from having a role right away but probably does from having a chance at walking in to a 3 down role. What is new? The young, talented, clear cut starting RB got released! Huge boost for his dynasty outlook.

Also, hypothetical, say everything breaks right. AP breaks down, Love isn’t 100% what he was, and Gibson figures out pass pro (that’s a lot of things, but ok) 

he’s still the starting RB for the Washington TBDs, which isn’t awesome as far as league offenses go. 

having a hard time seeing a 1-2 round value here. 

Also, hypothetical, say everything breaks right. AP breaks down, Love isn’t 100% what he was, and Gibson figures out pass pro (that’s a lot of things, but ok) 

he’s still the starting RB for the Washington TBDs, which isn’t awesome as far as league offenses go. 

He's not 1st rd value, he's 1st rd hype.  The shark move is to trade down for McFarland.

A lot of good info. I will disagree that there’s a possibility Love is a better receiver than Gibson. Gibson actually catches like a receiver. Has run routes like a receiver. There’s no way Love is better. And I doubt he’s better at pass pro either given that he’s 30 LBs lighter. The coaching staff referenced Gibson’s skillset as a receiver coming out of the backfield. I think anyone thinking he won’t be the favorite to be used in that capacity is overthinking it.
Yeah I was more just trying to lay out each possibility. I am sure I missed some, for example if McKissic earns passing down role.

I think Gibson is better suited for the receiving back role than Love as well. Just being open to the possibility that Love surprises.

I think Gibson is better suited for the receiving back role than Love as well. Just being open to the possibility that Love surprises.
Historically speaking, backs that can’t pick up the blitz or pass protect aren’t particularly well suited to receiving back duties. 

He's not 1st rd value, he's 1st rd hype.  The shark move is to trade down for McFarland.
It's crazy. I like unknown upside as much as the next guy, but Gibson wouldn't even seem to be a direct replacement for Guice even if everything breaks right. He's so raw as a RB and you just can't project how he will translate. Could he be a 3 down back? Maybe in a couple of years, I guess. But one thing I find a bit funny is that people talk about his receiving upside and his receiving (to me at least) was one of his weaknesses. Sure he can catch a dump off and has potential after the catch but he's not a natural receiver and doesn't run routes. He looks pretty lost actually (again, just my opinion).

If I owned him anywhere and could get a first, I'd be smashing that accept button ASAP.

It's crazy. I like unknown upside as much as the next guy, but Gibson wouldn't even seem to be a direct replacement for Guice even if everything breaks right. He's so raw as a RB and you just can't project how he will translate. Could he be a 3 down back? Maybe in a couple of years, I guess. But one thing I find a bit funny is that people talk about his receiving upside and his receiving (to me at least) was one of his weaknesses. Sure he can catch a dump off and has potential after the catch but he's not a natural receiver and doesn't run routes. He looks pretty lost actually (again, just my opinion).

If I owned him anywhere and could get a first, I'd be smashing that accept button ASAP.
I think you’re viewing his receiving skills through the lens of him as a WR. Maybe he’s poor for a Wr running routes for a WR. But he’s elite as a Rb. How many rbs can catch the ball regularly running full speed 40 yards down field? How many can run and catch the seam routes he ran? He does things on his highlight package that very very new NFL backs can do.

Plus again; winning the starting running back position for what’s likely to be a bottom 5 offense is like breaking open the piñata only to have unwrapped chocolate covered raisins spill out all over the ground. I mean, you got what you wanted, so uh, enjoy? :lol:  

Because everyone on the planet heard the Guice news, which is black and white because they released him.

A RB coach saying a rookie that hasn't played a ton of RB will need to work on pass protection is hardly an indictment. Certainly can be taken that way, but only a handful of us have heard this quote and I take it as it means nothing. All rookies need to improve. I'm not expecting much anyway. Now if multiple reports come out that are *actually* negative and not just interpreted that way by a handful of people, then yeah I would expect that to drag the value down. 

But yes I would absolutely pay a late 1st or early 2nd depending on a number of other things. I would likely still prefer Jefferson or Pittman there. But it's definitely in my swing for the fence range. If I strike out tough ####. 

Just my take. There are a lot of WRs there (late 1st) that are much safer bets. If you like doubles and walks instead of home runs. Just kidding. 

Hahahahaha very important point. 

I wouldn’t mind negative game scripts for Gibson with his receiving skills.
I have no issue rostering starting RBs regardless of their team. We'll see if he gets there but yes I definitely agree about the negative game scripts. It really is in PPR that he should have a pretty decent floor worthy of this 2nd round rookie pick every is arguing about. If he gets even committee level carries then he can be a stud. 

I think you’re viewing his receiving skills through the lens of him as a WR. Maybe he’s poor for a Wr running routes for a WR. But he’s elite as a Rb. How many rbs can catch the ball regularly running full speed 40 yards down field? How many can run and catch the seam routes he ran? He does things on his highlight package that very very new NFL backs can do.
I guess we can disagree. I mean, he didn't do anything 'regularly' at the college level since he was barely used and I don't think he's 'elite' at anything, except physical potential. Don't get me wrong, I see the upside as a physical specimen and there is plenty to work with, but it's only flashes at this point. Some people seem to be valuing him as if he's already David Johnson. I get that maybe you can't wait to see it actually happen because by then he'll be unattainable, but it sounds like that might already be the case! 

I guess we can disagree. I mean, he didn't do anything 'regularly' at the college level since he was barely used and I don't think he's 'elite' at anything, except physical potential. Don't get me wrong, I see the upside as a physical specimen and there is plenty to work with, but it's only flashes at this point. Some people seem to be valuing him as if he's already David Johnson. I get that maybe you can't wait to see it actually happen because by then he'll be unattainable, but it sounds like that might already be the case! 
No they don't. Nobody is putting him there. 

Well I mean we’re talking the 11-15 range as the high side it seems, obviously 21 year old prime DJ is going 1 overall 🙂. In case you weren’t being hyperbolic. And he had 38 receptions (at 19 a pop!) that’s a pretty good sample size from which to evaluate a running back’s skillset!

https://youtu.be/ZU8dfjXf9QE

Watch 2:40-3:50. Catches a ball along the sideline 40 yards downfield. Catches a ball about 35 yards downfield down the middle. Contested sideline catch in the end zone. Lines up in the slot and runs underneath as a part of route combo. These are receiver things he’s doing. I have way more concerns about his ability as a runner than I do him running routes out of the backfield. 

I have no issue rostering starting RBs regardless of their team. We'll see if he gets there but yes I definitely agree about the negative game scripts. It really is in PPR that he should have a pretty decent floor worthy of this 2nd round rookie pick every is arguing about. If he gets even committee level carries then he can be a stud. 
Yup, if he’s the receiving back he can hold a lot of value in ppr even if he never fully grasps the early down stuff.

Historically speaking, backs that can’t pick up the blitz or pass protect aren’t particularly well suited to receiving back duties. 
As I laid out in previous post, CMC, loves predecessor in college was terrible in pass protection his rookie season yet still played 70% of the snaps and had 80 receptions as a rookie.

CMC was a top 5 NFL pick, Love was not and  loves been injured.

As I laid out in previous post, CMC, loves predecessor in college was terrible in pass protection his rookie season yet still played 70% of the snaps and had 80 receptions as a rookie.

CMC was a top 5 NFL pick, Love was not and  loves been injured.
I was talking about Gibson. I thought my reply was to a comment about Gibson being well suited to a receiving back role, no? If not, my bad. 

I have no idea if Love can pass protect, or pick up the blitz.

but to your point, wasn’t CMC used primarily as a receiver as a rookie, in 2-back sets? I recall he only rushed like ~100 carries in 2017 while Jonathan Stewart did the bulk of the running. Didn’t they split CMC wide quite a bit, too? . 

I’m not sure the Washington TBDs Have that luxury. Who’s the 2nd back that will protect the QB if it’s not a designed dump off?

Also, are you saying Love or Gibson are as good at receiving as CMC?  Or that the Washington TBDs are a good enough offense to get either of them (or any combination of RBs on the roster) 80 receptions? 

I was talking about Gibson. I thought my reply was to a comment about Gibson being well suited to a receiving back role, no? If not, my bad. 
I was just pointing out that pass protection might not be an impediment to either Gibson or Love having a receiving RB role in the offense based on Ron Rivera using CMC as much as he did as a rookie, despite how poorly CMC protected the QB.

I have no idea if Love can pass protect, or pick up the blitz.
I am not sure either. He hasn't played in a long time. I never got around to evaluating that for Love. Love had a 2k rushing season in 2017. But comparing his receiving stats to McCaffrey he didnt produce nearly as much as CMC as a receiver. The connection between Love and CMC is that they were both from Standford and both are smaller RB. This connection matters somewhat because of Ron Rivera

but to your point, wasn’t CMC used primarily as a receiver as a rookie, in 2-back sets? I recall he only rushed like ~100 carries in 2017 while Jonathan Stewart did the bulk of the running. Didn’t they split CMC wide quite a bit, too? . 
I am not sure how many times they had Stewart and McCaffrey on the field at the same time. There was an easing in process with McCaffrey his rookie season. He was used as a receiver a lot. He did play 70% of their offensive snaps. Stewart and Cam did have more rushing attempts than CMC his rookie year.

I’m not sure the Washington TBDs Have that luxury. Who’s the 2nd back that will protect the QB if it’s not a designed dump off?
Well looking into CMCs rookie season and trouble with pass protection, one of those games was against the Steelers who used a lot of blitzing and so on to force CMC into a situation where he had to block. This is where some of his bad reps happened. So if Gibson or whoever is the RB has a weakness in pass pro, the opposing defense may try to force the RB into more pass blocking reps by the way they rush, and in that case maybe Barber would play more snaps as an adjustment. 

As far as Peterson, unless he has really improved in pass protection over the last two years, he is not good at it either.

Also, are you saying Love or Gibson are as good at receiving as CMC?  Or that the Washington TBDs are a good enough offense to get either of them (or any combination of RBs on the roster) 80 receptions? 
Love was not as good a receiver as CMC. Gibson has been good at everything statistically but over a small sample size. I have watched what I could find on him and think he has a lot to learn in terms of running routes, changing gears and the nuance of the position. He is really athletically gifted though and has everything you could ask for as far as that goes. If I saw perhaps double the sample of plays that he had, and he looked just as electric? That would be enough for me to think he is one of the top players in the class. Its really not enough plays for me to say that with confidence though.

its the coaches comparing Gibson to CMC as far as their long term vision/hope for him in the offense. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just pointing out that pass protection might not be an impediment to either Gibson or Love having a receiving RB role in the offense based on Ron Rivera using CMC as much as he did as a rookie, despite how poorly CMC protected the QB.

I am not sure either. He hasn't played in a long time. I never got around to evaluating that for Love. Love had a 2k rushing season in 2017. But comparing his receiving stats to McCaffrey he didnt produce nearly as much as CMC as a receiver. The connection between Love and CMC is that they were both from Standford and both are smaller RB. This connection matters somewhat because of Ron Rivera

I am not sure how many times they had Stewart and McCaffrey on the field at the same time. There was an easing in process with McCaffrey his rookie season. He was used as a receiver a lot. He did play 70% of their offensive snaps. Stewart and Cam did have more rushing attempts than CMC his rookie year.

Well looking into CMCs rookie season and trouble with pass protection, one of those games was against the Steelers who used a lot of blitzing and so on to force CMC into a situation where he had to block. This is where some of his bad reps happened. So if Gibson or whoever is the RB has a weakness in pass pro, the opposing defense may try to force the RB into more pass blocking reps by the way they rush, and in that case maybe Barber would play more snaps as an adjustment. 

As far as Peterson, unless he has really improved in pass protection over the last two years, he is not good at it either.

Love was not as good a receiver as CMC. Gibson has been good at everything statistically but over a small sample size. I have watched what I could find on him and think he has a lot to learn in terms of running routes, changing gears and the nuance of the position. He is really athletically gifted though and has everything you could ask for as far as that goes. If I saw perhaps double the sample of plays that he had, and he looked just as electric? That would be enough for me to think he is one of the top players in the class. Its really not enough plays for me to say that with confidence though.

its the coaches comparing Gibson to CMC as far as their long term vision/hope for him in the offense. 
Appreciate the clarifications. good insight throughout.

honestly not a lot to get excited about here imo. It’s a muddied mess & if I didn’t have AP as a $1 draft pick in dynasty I wouldn’t be invested in the WAS offense at all, nor would I be looking to be. Especially for the perceived value of Gibson (1-2 round value per others above).

that team looks like a train wreck, and I honestly want no part of it. 

too many years chasing RBs on bad teams. The only time it really worked out for me was Jamal Lewis in his record breaking return from the torn ACL. And that Ravens team knew how to run, had the OL to do it, and had a defense that kept games close enough to keep feeding Jailbird the ball. 

I know others had good luck with MJD in terrible Jacksonville teams, but he was a special talent and was game-script neutral since he was a complete player. Also, he drafted himself with his 1st round pick in FF every year, which is my favorite football player story, since before he said that a lot of NFL players poo poo’d fantasy football. 

anyway, the point is, having 2 legs & a job isn’t quite the draw it used to be, so even if Gibson or Love “wins” the starting gig & they put AP out to pasture, you’re still not likely to get much more than a RB3, and I can’t imagine the TBD’s going into 2021 without drafting or signing a RB. This looks like a collection of “let’s see what floats to the top” to me. From what I’ve read, Love is the most talented back on the team (considering APs age/mileage/lack of ability as a receiver) but his health is an unknown. 

Odd that this guy says he has no interest in acquiring rbs on bad teams yet came in here asking if he should acquire Gibson and supposedly inquired about the cost of doing so in his league.

Odd that this guy says he has no interest in acquiring rbs on bad teams yet came in here asking if he should acquire Gibson and supposedly inquired about the cost of doing so in his league.
Not what happened. He asked about price and then realized it was too high for him. People are allowed to change their mind. It's an important FF skill.

Not what happened. He asked about price and then realized it was too high for him. People are allowed to change their mind. It's an important FF skill.
Correct/accurate. 

i was curious about his price. I saw the responses & determined him to be not worth that price based on (all the things) and came to a conclusion that I had no interest whatsoever. 

that’s kind of reasonable approach to considering any player I would think. :shrug:  

And then formed the attitude that he actually isn’t interested in RBs on bad teams?
Happens to me all the time that when I get interested in a certain guy, other factors and ideas pop up that make me pump the brakes. Or hit the gas. Perfectly reasonable to change course. He came in with an inquisitive mind, so....I don't know if he changed course or not. Just because he decided to bring up the bad team thing doesn't mean that it suddenly coalesced in his mind at the moment you read about it. 

I think the "bad team" narrative for a RB isn't much different than the "run first team" narrative for WRs.

Happens to me all the time that when I get interested in a certain guy, other factors and ideas pop up that make me pump the brakes. Or hit the gas. Perfectly reasonable to change course. He came in with an inquisitive mind, so....I don't know if he changed course or not. Just because he decided to bring up the bad team thing doesn't mean that it suddenly coalesced in his mind at the moment you read about it. 

I think the "bad team" narrative for a RB isn't much different than the "run first team" narrative for WRs.
Eh seems more like he saw the price was more than he was willing to pay and then started throwing out nonsense such as:

-Gibson’s stock should have gone down over the past week

-Historically speaking backs who can’t pick up the blitz don’t make good receiving backs. No basis to this. 

-All of a sudden he has no interest in acquiring a back on the Redskins since he doesn’t like RBs on bad teams. Maybe he forgot this was his stance prior to asking about Gibson who is in fact a RB on a bad team?

Changing your mind on a player- no problem with that. Throwing out garbage logic, annoying to me.

Yeah I wouldnt avoid Joe Mixon just because of a bad team. I wouldn't rank Gibson as high as Mixon as a prospect because not enough plays to fairly compare them, but who knows maybe he is that level of talent.

When watching him as a receiver for the Vikings I did worry he might be like Patterson and perhaps a long term project, As good as he was why did his college team not use him more? Some of his plays do have a constraint type surprise elements to them I preferred a more solid route runner like Van Jefferson as far as a guy who I felt good about starting right away for the Vikings

Yeah I wouldnt avoid Joe Mixon just because of a bad team. I wouldn't rank Gibson as high as Mixon as a prospect because not enough plays to fairly compare them, but who knows maybe he is that level of talent.

When watching him as a receiver for the Vikings I did worry he might be like Patterson and perhaps a long term project, As good as he was why did his college team not use him more? Some of his plays do have a constraint type surprise elements to them I preferred a more solid route runner like Van Jefferson as far as a guy who I felt good about starting right away for the Vikings
It depends. Barry Sanders on bad Lions teams? Sure. His talent transcended the team around him.

but the 2020 (and foreseeable future) WAS teams look to be historically bad. And I see nothing resembling a Barry Sanders-sequel level of all-time talent on that roster. 

As such, and given the fact that we have no idea what’s going to happen to that backfield beyond 2020 (love? Gibson? FA? Draft picks?) I determined Gibson wasn’t worth the price, nor would I wasn’t to invest in something that uncertain.

if you want to, I won’t knock you for it.

good discussion - I appreciated your insight. 

As for the rest of the weirdness that just started, the obsession over my posts by one person is starting to reach Fatal Attraction / Bunny-in-the-pot levels here. :doh:  

I liked him a lot for the Ravens. I also thought we should have signed Patterson. Having a guy who can play a little receiver but also handle some carries especially via jet sweeps would have added another difficult dimension to defend for the offense.

I liked him a lot for the Ravens. I also thought we should have signed Patterson. Having a guy who can play a little receiver but also handle some carries especially via jet sweeps would have added another difficult dimension to defend for the offense.
I think he is a better runner than receiver.  Hes just good with the ball in his hands

For fantasy I think his upside is really high. I would take him over Jefferson easily there. I was just talking about real football and wanting a more experienced receiver a team could count on to start right away.

So Riverboat Ron (who likes to throw to RBs) selected a WR/RB hybrid with his 2nd pick and then cuts the #1 guy from the previous regime a month before the season is set to start?  

The Washington football team doesn't have to be good for Gibson to successful for FF teams.  

I think he is a better runner than receiver.  Hes just good with the ball in his hands

For fantasy I think his upside is really high. I would take him over Jefferson easily there. I was just talking about real football and wanting a more experienced receiver a team could count on to start right away.
Yeah I gotcha. Athletic and can catch definitely sets high upside for a fantasy Rb. And his receiving is raw from a Wr standpoint but if he shifts to the slot, he’ll torch a Lb. And if the defense goes small to account for him as a receiver we could run him or run Lamar. And again as a legit jet sweep option he’d make the defense hesitate an extra split second and still have to diagnose whether Lamar is handing it off to Ingram, pulling it to throw, or pulling it to keep. 

I with you on Van too. Despite the age and lack of production, I think he’s a little more athletic than perceived and he can run the heck out of a route.

So Riverboat Ron (who likes to throw to RBs) selected a WR/RB hybrid with his 2nd pick and then cuts the #1 guy from the previous regime a month before the season is set to start?  

The Washington football team doesn't have to be good for Gibson to successful for FF teams.  
12 of the top 20 ppr finishers last year played on .500 or below teams. 6 of them played on the last place team in their division.

Yeah I gotcha. Athletic and can catch definitely sets high upside for a fantasy Rb. And his receiving is raw from a Wr standpoint but if he shifts to the slot, he’ll torch a Lb. And if the defense goes small to account for him as a receiver we could run him or run Lamar. And again as a legit jet sweep option he’d make the defense hesitate an extra split second and still have to diagnose whether Lamar is handing it off to Ingram, pulling it to throw, or pulling it to keep. 

I with you on Van too. Despite the age and lack of production, I think he’s a little more athletic than perceived and he can run the heck out of a route.
That would be scarry with Lamar. Washington doesn't have him.

Peterson has been used with Percy Harvin before to good effect. Just missing the triple option.

I loved the upside but had him as a 3rd round rookie pick since my leagues are all IDP. I didn't get him in 3 of 4 leagues.

May 3: 12 team SF draft I had 2.04 then 4.01 so too early with that 2nd and gone a few picks before 4.01 at 35 overall.

May 16: 28 team contract league draft he went at 34 overall. My first pick was 42.

May 19: 12 team SF draft Gibson went 19 overall, which I thought was a reach, though the players taken after him weren't locks, by any stretch.

Aug 3: 12 team with deep rosters (55 total) where I took him with my 2.12, so 24 overall. I have Guice & Love and like to lock up a backfield when it's uncertain who will win the job. Obviously very happy with that decision now. 

I definitely agree that Gibson could be a great asset playing for a team expected to play from behind early and often. 

Yeah, maybe Cordarrelle Patterson is a better comp.  Incredible athlete who can be a lightning strike from any position (WR, RB, returner) but hard to fit into the game plan and consistently contribute.

Gibson's ADP will jump into at least the late 1st now & rightly so (rookie drafts), but previous to the Guice news, he was the ideal 2nd round pick in dynasty leagues. Guys like him don't grow on trees. And as a 2nd-rounder, his lack of production in college is much less of a factor for me.

As my sleeper prior to the NFL draft, I was just hoping he would be drafted as a RB & land in a situation that would allow him a real opportunity (both of which happened). Risk/reward is outrageous in the 2nd & the type of player I love drafting there, albeit not a sure thing. Gibson kind of has a DJ vibe. I took DJ in the same area (early 2nd), but was much more sure about him given there was more to go on.

Gibson will be one of the more interesting stories in FF this season. Lots of ways this could go. Either way, he's got fantastic long-term upside.

Fantasy Football Training Camp News and Notes: Is there a must-draft sleeper in Washington's backfield?

Excerpt:

Antonio Gibson: This is the name everyone in the Fantasy community will be talking about. A converted receiver with a fascinating blend of speed and size, he needs to learn the nuances of the running back position. I'd say the chances of Gibson being a must-start Fantasy player are considerably lower than the chances he's just a bit player as a rookie — expect him to line up all over the field and break the occasional big play, but the chances of a guy who is still learning the position being a week-in, week-out difference maker look pretty slim to me. I'm worried his ADP is going to jump to the point where it won't make much sense to target him. 

ESPN’s John Keim believes Antonio Gibson “could fill the role” Washington had planned for Derrius Guice.

Gibson has been one of the biggest risers since Washington moved on from Guice. He has the most draft capital of the Guice replacements, though Gibson only started one year at Memphis and his pass blocking limits how much he'll be on the field. Gibson has also been cross-training at receiver. It wouldn't be surprising if he starts out in a gadget role. Gibson is a bet on talent play that could pay off if he falls into consistent snaps.

RELATED: 

Bryce Love

, Adrian Peterson

, Peyton Barber

SOURCE: ESPN

Aug 14, 2020, 6:29 PM ET

ANTONIO GIBSON WR, WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM

Washington OC Scott Turner is adding more motion and reverses.

The Washington Football Team is undergoing one of the biggest offensive scheme changes in the NFL this offseason. Washington was 28th in pass attempts, 30th in neutral-situation pass rate, and 31st in neutral-situation pace last season and just brought in Carolina's offensive coordinator who led an offense that ranked 2nd, 4th, and 5th in those same metrics. It's great news for Rotoworld favorite Terry McLaurin, but the pre-snap motion and reverse wrinkles are specifically encouraging for Antonio Gibson. The rookie is unlikely to walk into a traditional running back role right away -- picking up blitzes may prove difficult -- but he can be a player that's schemed the ball out of the backfield. Gibson is now being drafted near the 100th overall pick in drafts.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Aug 18, 2020, 9:15 PM ET

Zach Selby @ZacDSelby

Gibson has looked good again today, especially on outside runs. He’s run two stretch plays so far. Both resulting in positive gains.
https://twitter.com/zachdselby/status/1296449066809917442?s=21

Rhiannon Walker @InstantRHIplay

A few plus later, Steven Sims Jr. motions as if to take the jet sweep. Surprise, surprise Antonio Gibson is trailing takes the hand off, cuts up, stutter steps a defender in his path and gets to the end zone. He’s a cheat code 🤷🏽‍♀️
https://twitter.com/instantrhiplay/status/1296450370605133825?s=21

For reference, our first two rounds are right after the NFL draft, and our third round started today. Gibson wasn't selected in the first two rounds. I had pick 3.03, and Hayden Hurst went at 3.01 and Moss went at 3.02. I snapped up Gibson at 3.03.

Users who are viewing this thread