What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Moving sod... (1 Viewer)

That one guy

Footballguy
...the pool build will be starting in 2 weeks and I’d like to transplant some of the sod where the hole will go to other areas of yard that aren’t doing so well.  My thumb is far from green, any tips on how to approach this to best ensure successful growth?  It’s St Augustine grass, if that makes any difference

I've been doing that with my Zoysiagrass for years now. I dig up approximately 18" x 30' sections. Basically 2 shovel widths by 3 shovel widths. Dig the hole, drop in. Water.

No idea about St. Augustine. Not a fan of that stuff. Zoysia kicks its ###.

That one guy said:
...the pool build will be starting in 2 weeks and I’d like to transplant some of the sod where the hole will go to other areas of yard that aren’t doing so well.  My thumb is far from green, any tips on how to approach this to best ensure successful growth?  It’s St Augustine grass, if that makes any difference
It's easy enough.....rent a sod cutter and prep the area you want to transplant to first.  Once ready, take the sod cutter through the area you want to remove grass from and simply move it.  Make sure you cut down at least 1.75-2 inches.

St. Augustine is basically a weed.  When it's warm and wet it will grow anywhere and choke everything else out.  

Users who are viewing this thread