What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump coming to Tulsa. (1 Viewer)

@SaintsInDome2006 Not following you...

I didn't go to OU or OSU. I get to pick whoever I want for whatever sport.

You mean you're telling me you have to pick a team & stick to it for every sport? Yeah, I can see that if you're an alumni.

I'm like a free agent fan.
Sorry, just interested and I was somewhat kidding. I just figured in Oklahoma people are one or the other, but I'm probably thinking UT/A&M. Thanks for the response.

I view OK as a suburb of Texas, similar in most respects. Can you help me differentiate the two?

NM. Tiger King summarized it pretty well..
Wynnewood is way down south. Pretty close to you guys.

I've passed through Texas & been to sporting events, but I haven't visited (stayed) more than a time or two. The only thing I can speak to is it's becoming more liberal which doesn't surprise me from what I hear (friends, relatives, etc.).

BTW, do you have a problem with gays or tigers? Or both?

Sounds just like a Texan. Haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, do you have a problem with gays or tigers? Or both?

That’s an odd observation. The largest city in the country to have an openly gay or lesbian mayor is a city in Texas. 

Edit:  Actually, it’s second largest now that Chicago has elected Mayor Lightfoot. 

Wynnewood is way down south. Pretty close to you guys.

I've passed through Texas & been to sporting events, but I haven't visited (stayed) more than a time or two. The only thing I can speak to is it's becoming more liberal which doesn't surprise me from what I hear (friends, relatives, etc.).

BTW, do you have a problem with gays or tigers? Or both?

Neither. But I’m nowhere near TX, thankfully.

You have a problem with liberals? Sounds like a lot of people in places I don’t wanna be.

I'm a huge OU fan (which is probably fairly obvious by my posts) but I root for Texas and Ok State in every other game. In the early days of internet message boards, I grew to hate other OU fans so much. But I love OU, and the only thing I could think of to sate my desire for them to be unhappy about football was to root for UT and OSU.

@bigbottom

I touched on this earlier, but there's more to it than masks.

All you have to do is ask the protestors. They'll tell you the same thing.

The lawsuit could have saved lives.
BTW, the lawsuit was a joke. They knew it was going to be denied before they filed it.

It was a publicity stunt designed to make themselves look good, but evidently, some people are calling their bluff & giving them #### over it.

Any negative feedback they get is well-deserved.

I don’t hate Oklahoma football...but my favorite college football upset game ever was when Boise State beat them. That was so beautiful. 

If you feel froggy, jump...
What category do you want to go with?  How about country music since we’re talking about a red river battle ?

I’ll give you Garth, Roy and Reba (and Toby Keith, lol).  But we have Waylon and Willie.  And Kenny and Kris. And George and George (Strait and Jones).  Not to mention Miranda, Clint and Kacey.

Blues rock?  Who do you have to go up against Stevie Ray Vaughan and ZZ Top?

Pop?  Who tops Beyoncé as a chart maker? I guess Hanson is from Oklahoma.

What other categories? American Presidents? Fortune 500 Corporate Headquarters?  NFL Super Bowl winners?

What category do you want to go with?  How about country music since we’re talking about a red river battle ?

I’ll give you Garth, Roy and Reba (and Toby Keith, lol).  But we have Waylon and Willie.  And Kenny and Kris. And George and George (Strait and Jones).  Not to mention Miranda, Clint and Kacey.

What other categories? American Presidents? Fortune 500 Corporate Headquarters?  NFL Super Bowl winners?
DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS

Haha

I don’t hate Oklahoma football...but my favorite college football upset game ever was when Boise State beat them. That was so beautiful. 
Honestly that game doesn't bother me a bit. Good for college football. There are probably 20 OU games in my lifetime of which I would reverse the outcome before that one.

I finally got the chance to watch Trump's speech at West Point, and then his "stroll" down a flat ramp. 

Tulsa will be warmer, more congested, he won't have a prepared speech, and the event is later in the day (potential sundowning issues). 

bigbottom said:

I might be mixing up posters but I think I remember you posting that one of your favorite albums of all time is from a band from Oklahoma.

I might be mixing up posters but I think I remember you posting that one of your favorite albums of all time is from a band from Oklahoma.
The Call?  I think that may be Timschochet you’re thinking of.That said, I do love Michael Hedges, a new age guitarist who was raised in OK.

Football Jones said:
roadkill1292 said:
I always dawn a mask when I'm out in public.

(they sound exactly alike  :eek: )
Haha. I just now caught this.

Correct word would've been 'don'. I catch myself doing stuff like that when I'm burning up my keyboard responding to the libs. Fast & Furious.

That, & I can't type worth a #### (which is why I edit almost every post).
The legendary FFA dawn/don thread

If you’re going to spend a lot of time here you should learn the history of this place.

Users who are viewing this thread