What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's on your 4th of July Menu? (1 Viewer)

wife born on july 4.  she has requested bucatini carbonara, with small dish appetizers of shaved parmesan with balsamic, mini meatballs with red sauce and fried eggplant topped with goat cheese and beets.  dessert is a strawberry shortcake with marscapone cream.

Not doing too much this year with the Covid, which is a bummer.  I love the 4th.  Usually have the Portland Waterfront Blues Fest streaming live for four days, beers in the cooler and the grill going non-stop as people come in and out of our back yard.  None of that this year.

But, my good buddy @strykerpks sent me a TON of sausages from Wisconsin and so we'll be grilling those up for sure.  :thumbup:

Ribs

Brats

Sweet potato bites (basically just cube them and roast instead of frying)

Chips

Cole slaw

Mac n cheese

Beer

Wine
sweet potatoes?  just savory or trying cinnamon and maple syrup for sweet?

cole slaw, try mustard and mayo based.

mac n cheese, add lobster or crab.

wine, cheese.....do some fondue.

profit

Surf and turf. We are at a lake house with another couple. They brought shrimp and crab legs. We brought ribeyes. Although it’s possible we get drunk today or tomorrow and decide to have that meal earlier than the 4th. 

Surf and turf. We are at a lake house with another couple. They brought shrimp and crab legs. We brought ribeyes. Although it’s possible we get drunk today or tomorrow and decide to have that meal earlier than the 4th. 
So many possible swinger jokes in here......

Just got back from fishing an hour ago. We will be grilling tomorrow the 15 inch rainbows my wife and daughter caught. Going to do some pepper jack, bacon wrapped shrimp apps. 

Saturday is going to be ribs on the grill.

Sunday will be burgers and brats 

Need to work on my side dishes for these last two.

sweet potatoes?  just savory or trying cinnamon and maple syrup for sweet?

cole slaw, try mustard and mayo based.

mac n cheese, add lobster or crab.

wine, cheese.....do some fondue.

profit
Lol turning my simple grilling out into something much fancier haha

Sweet potatoes just roasted, simple. Dip in ketchup. Win. 

Burgers. Other than the fact it is a long weekend, not much to celebrate in the area. Can't even go to a public park as they are closed for the holiday weekend.

Not doing too much this year with the Covid, which is a bummer.  I love the 4th.  Usually have the Portland Waterfront Blues Fest streaming live for four days, beers in the cooler and the grill going non-stop as people come in and out of our back yard.  None of that this year.

But, my good buddy @strykerpks sent me a TON of sausages from Wisconsin and so we'll be grilling those up for sure.  :thumbup:
To be fair, they double shipped to you (not my problem). Just make sure you get those curds right. I know you're doing the beer right. Luff GB. Enjoy the weekend!

I've recently discovered how easy it is to make homemade pickles.  They are also light years tastier than anything store bought.

Boil equal parts water and vinegar(I use half white vinegar and half apple cider vinegar) and throw in some pickling spice(spice section of your grocery store).  Also put in a tablespoon or so of salt and sugar.  Once it starts boiling, take it off the heat and let sit til it gets room temp.

Put a bunch of dill and a couple of roughly chopped garlic cloves into a air tight container.  Slice up the bumpy kind of cucumbers and put them in, then cover with the pickling mix.  Let sit in the fridge overnight.  They are ready to eat after the 24 hour fridge time.

Just went to Whole Foods. Got a mixture of their pork and chicken sausages - they have a great meat department and the prices and not crazy for Whole Foods.

Making an orzo salad we have made a zillion times.

Grill a few corn on the cob.

Picked up 6 of some local Hazy IPA’s from a new place that just opened in the Hood Ridgewood - any nearby FBG’s I know we have a million of these bottle shop/tap rooms but give these dudes a try. They had some bad luck with the Covid and timing of their place opening.

Weather is gonna be awesome for a change. 

I've recently discovered how easy it is to make homemade pickles.  They are also light years tastier than anything store bought.

Boil equal parts water and vinegar(I use half white vinegar and half apple cider vinegar) and throw in some pickling spice(spice section of your grocery store).  Also put in a tablespoon or so of salt and sugar.  Once it starts boiling, take it off the heat and let sit til it gets room temp.

Put a bunch of dill and a couple of roughly chopped garlic cloves into a air tight container.  Slice up the bumpy kind of cucumbers and put them in, then cover with the pickling mix.  Let sit in the fridge overnight.  They are ready to eat after the 24 hour fridge time.
We just did this same thing with jalapeños. They are awesome.

We just did this same thing with jalapeños. They are awesome.

I want to get into picking stuff but I want to be able to do shelf stable so I can store it for awhile

but these sound good too

Just ate a burger and a brat...

amazing!

I'm not sure what they do to their ground beef, but it's incredible.

Looking forward to a frankfurter tomorrow! The guy in line ahead of me ordered 20 of them! Yum!

Happy 4th everyone! And stay safe!

:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hastur said:

Dan Lambskin said:
I want to get into picking stuff but I want to be able to do shelf stable so I can store it for awhile

but these sound good too
We had a pickling thread but it got archived.for whatever reason and is closed. Some good info in it tho.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/729384-anyone-do-any-pickling/

Users who are viewing this thread