What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Redman's Basic Raw Feeding Guide for Dogs (1 Viewer)

Cool. :thumbup:

It can be a bit alarming when they merely crunch the bones and then swallow the things dang near whole, but they know what they're doing. As long as he's chewing, then cool.

Don't exercise him for a while after he eats (this is true with kibble too) to avoid stomach torsion.

Can't do this with mine because he has skin issues. BUt I will consdier this with my next dog. Good stuff. :thumbup:
Most probably he has skin issues because you feed him kibble. Intolerance of grains is a contributor to skin problems.Dogs were never supposed to eat grains.

Why would I want to go through all of this trouble over feeding my dog?

I'm seriously curious about this.
The most concise summary of the benefits are here:
Teeth & Breath

Your pet will have much-improved breath, no tartar and beautifully clean teeth. All without having to visit the pet dentist or brush the teeth.

Skin & Coat

This can be one of the first changes you will notice when you start feeding Dr. Billinghurst's BARF DIET™. If those persistent skin problems suddenly disappear or improve, and you no longer need vet visits, medicated washes, antibiotics, cortisone shots and cortisone tablets, it has to mean something. It really is hard to ignore the deeply colored, lustrous, thick and healthy coat!

Immune System

Dr. Billinghurst's BARF DIET™ normalizes and strengthens the immune system. Because BARF contains a good balance of essential fatty acids and other immune normalizing and strengthening nutrients, it reduces inflammatory conditions and waves good-bye to infections.

Degenerative Disease

Pet owners that switch their older pets to Billinghurst's BARF DIET™ usually find that whatever degenerative disease their pet has contracted, becomes less of a problem.

Stool Volume & Odor

Once again this reflects the improved health of the immune system and the remarkable difference that bone eating makes in the production of firm stools which are essential for normal anal sac emptying.

Arthritis

After a few months you can expect to see much greater mobility in your pet. This is part of the reason so many older pets have a new lease on life when switched to Dr. Billinghurst's BARF DIET™.

Lean Body Mass

By feeding Billinghurst's BARF DIET™, your pet will lose unwanted fat and gain that much desired increase in muscle mass. This not only makes your pet look better, it increases your pet’s metabolic rate, its activity levels and its healthy life-span. The effect will be more rapid if you combine Dr. Billinghurst's BARF DIET™ with some normal exercise.
*BARF stands for "Bones and Raw Food".This is pimping a particular guy's, Billinghurst's products, but you get the idea. I agree with all of this stuff.

Essentially, your question in human terms would be why would I want to take the time to prepare a healthy meal at home when I have a McDonald's drive-thru right down the street? To me, my dog is worth it and the effort is not all that bad. Others may have a different view, and I'm not here to criticize them, but for me the benefits are obvious.
Its not even that. At least McDonald's is in the realm of human food. Its more like preparing a meal of grass for yourself.

redman said:
Any updates? How's it going, Joe?
FWIW. I completely agree with the principles of the BARF diet. For the sake of convenience for me, I feed my dog Canidae. http://www.canidae.com/ The fundamental principle of the food is that dogs are carinivorous. It contains less than 4% fiber and the rest of the food is primarily fowl protein and fat. There are no grain fillers. It is an "all life" food meaning it is appropriate for puppies to seniors, you only need to adjust the portion.

My dogs (rhodesian ridgebacks) go nuts at feeding time. I personally think its the best dry food on the market. I pay $50 for 40 lbs.

Any updates? How's it going, Joe?
FWIW. I completely agree with the principles of the BARF diet. For the sake of convenience for me, I feed my dog Canidae. http://www.canidae.com/The fundamental principle of the food is that dogs are carinivorous. It contains less than 4% fiber and the rest of the food is primarily fowl protein and fat. There are no grain fillers. It is an "all life" food meaning it is appropriate for puppies to seniors, you only need to adjust the portion.

My dogs (rhodesian ridgebacks) go nuts at feeding time. I personally think its the best dry food on the market. I pay $50 for 40 lbs.
At least you aren't paying filet mignon money.

Users who are viewing this thread