What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Protest-RIOT Thread*** Police Officers fleeing Seattle and urban areas. (1 Viewer)

That's what you guys always say when your side is destroying stuff, assaulting and murdering people and burning the place down.  

I know it makes you feel better, but the reality is it's much more than a "small minority".  I mean, they took over a 6 square block for the love of God (for starters).  

Jesus, how deep does this willful ignorance go with you guys?  Seriously? 
Moving the goal posts again.  Here was your original statement:  “we have posters looking out their front window and seeing nothing” 

I’m here, I’ve seen the total size of the crowds in person vs. the small groups that are creating the destruction. What percentage of the protesters do you think are causing damage and destruction?? And where do you live again?  Wisconsin?

Moving the goal posts again.  Here was your original statement:  “we have posters looking out their front window and seeing nothing” 

I’m here, I’ve seen the total size of the crowds in person vs. the small groups that are creating the destruction. What percentage of the protesters do you think are causing damage and destruction?? And where do you live again?  Wisconsin?
Multiple people made that bogus assertion that posters are saying things are all great.  Because they cant refute whats actually being said.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what you guys always say when your side is destroying stuff, assaulting and murdering people and burning the place down.  

I know it makes you feel better, but the reality is it's much more than a "small minority".  I mean, they took over a 6 square block for the love of God (for starters).  

So again in the era of “fake news” that those on the right love to hammer.  I’m assuming you’re  there and witnessing this all first hand. If not since your dismissing those that ARE there and witnessing things first hand my friend would really still like to know.......

So asking for a friend, do we believe everything we see now online or in the news as the full picture of things or not?  Thanks

Why aren't there enough Dads? What do you think is causing that? Specifically in this area and how come it doesn't happen elsewhere.
Well first off, its happening to all groups, its just more rapid for black people.  Government incentivizeing  women to have children through social assistance.  Not holding the men and the women for that matter accountable.  Lack of religion and religious and or moral upbringing.  Im sure there are more and Im sure this has been studied.  Until we address the lack of a fathers in the home this will continue to get worse.

Tell me this, do you think more government or more fathers in the home would reduce black on black crime?  

Yes.  Unemployment before covid was historical low for  black people, still plenty of black on black murders.   No dads = more deaths.
There was violence before covid.

and the unemployment has been going down dating back well before Trump.

are you relying denying the economic factors as far as inner city and gang violence is concerned?

• Smile
Reactions: rct

Seattle area has millions of people :lol:

There were silent protest marches of 60k people in the area leading up to the Chop stuff. 

The violent #######s are a small minority of people.

Well first off, its happening to all groups, its just more rapid for black people.  Government incentivizeing  women to have children through social assistance.  Not holding the men and the women for that matter accountable.  Lack of religion and religious and or moral upbringing.  Im sure there are more and Im sure this has been studied.  Until we address the lack of a fathers in the home this will continue to get worse.

Tell me this, do you think more government or more fathers in the home would reduce black on black crime?  
Incentivize women to have kids...with no fathers?  What?

• Thinking
Reactions: rct

Why is it more rapid in black people? Something inherent about being black?

Sounds a lot like the "few bad apples" argument when discussing police brutality 

Doesn't matter to them. The defense is always it's a small group burning & throwing things. And it always seems to be just fine with them. As long as the ENTIRE population of the city isnt doing it, then it's justified in their eyes. Just keep them all there, maybe put some CHAZ barriers back up, 

Doesn't matter to them. The defense is always it's a small group burning & throwing things. And it always seems to be just fine with them. As long as the ENTIRE population of the city isnt doing it, then it's justified in their eyes. Just keep them all there, maybe put some CHAZ barriers back up, 
That’s not even close to being true and your hyperbole is a perfect example.  Your claim that it must be the ENTIRE population for the left to acknowledge it is a bad as saying what’s going on is “mass uncontrolled crime and chaos”.   Neither of these things are true and the sooner  everyone can stop with the exaggeration and finger pointing the sooner solutions can be had.  

That’s not even close to being true and your hyperbole is a perfect example.  Your claim that it must be the ENTIRE population for the left to acknowledge it is a bad as saying what’s going on is “mass uncontrolled crime and chaos”.   Neither of these things are true and the sooner  everyone can stop with the exaggeration and finger pointing the sooner solutions can be had.  
Let's get some solutions.

Why is it more rapid in black people? Something inherent about being black?
Historically it’s been higher and today it still is higher than other groups. 

White children born in the 1950-1954 period spent only 8% of their childhood with just one parent; black children spent 22%. Of those born in 1980, by one estimate, white children can be expected to spend 31% of their childhood years with one parent, and black children 59%.

I can’t vouch for these numbers but this is what I found.  So yes it does seem to be increasing faster than other groups. 

Historically it’s been higher and today it still is higher than other groups. 

White children born in the 1950-1954 period spent only 8% of their childhood with just one parent; black children spent 22%. Of those born in 1980, by one estimate, white children can be expected to spend 31% of their childhood years with one parent, and black children 59%.

I can’t vouch for these numbers but this is what I found.  So yes it does seem to be increasing faster than other groups. 
You didn't answer my question. I didn't ask IF it's more rapid. I asked WHY it's more rapid.

I'm agreeing with you that it's "more rapid in black people". Why is that? Something inherent about them? Or something else?

boots’ myths about black fathers are stereotypical, false, and harmful. They have been continually debunked: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagoreporter.com/breaking-myths-about-black-fatherhood-this-fathers-day/%3famp

Yet they are still perpetuated, mostly by conservative voices opposed to the idea of collective responsibility that we as a nation share for the racism that has impeded African-Americans in our society which continues today. 
Yet again the slight of hand, I didnt say absent fathers, I said fatherless homes.  Good try though. 

Until we address the lack of a fathers in the home this will continue to get worse.
Please dont put words in my mouth Tim.

You didn't answer my question. I didn't ask IF it's more rapid. I asked WHY it's more rapid.

I'm agreeing with you that it's "more rapid in black people". Why is that? Something inherent about them? Or something else?
Oh I know what you asked and why you asked it.  I dont know why that is.  Insulting question but I'll answer, no, as its people of all colors/groups.  I believe Fathers not in the home plays a big roll in this.

And your response to me earlier....

Irony thy name is boots11234
Lol. It was Hyperbole, that’s why I ended it “...so yeah”.   Go back and reread as I’m not going to figure it out for you. 

Oh, are you and Tim besties?  Typically he can defend himself just fine or even on occasion admit he was wrong. 

Oh I know what you asked and why you asked it.  I dont know why that is.  Insulting question but I'll answer, no, as its people of all colors/groups.  I believe Fathers not in the home plays a big roll in this.
Why is it an insulting question?

The trend shows that blacks have a higher percentage of single family homes. How is asking why that is insulting? Don't you think it's an important question? By asking the question, maybe we can try and find an answer and then do something about it. That's how problem solving works.

You keep saying the same thing that fathers not at home plays a role. I'm agreeing with you. No need to repeat that over and over.

Do you want to take any guesses as to why?

• Love
Reactions: JAA
Why is it an insulting question?

The trend shows that blacks have a higher percentage of single family homes. How is asking why that is insulting? Don't you think it's an important question? By asking the question, maybe we can try and find an answer and then do something about it. That's how problem solving works.

You keep saying the same thing that fathers not at home plays a role. I'm agreeing with you. No need to repeat that over and over.

Do you want to take any guesses as to why?
No

Lol. It was Hyperbole, that’s why I ended it “...so yeah”.   Go back and reread as I’m not going to figure it out for you. 

Oh, are you and Tim besties?  Typically he can defend himself just fine or even on occasion admit he was wrong. 
Hyperbole or not my point still stands. Don’t need you to figure out anything for me, it’s already done 

And nope, just pointing out the obvious.  And you should take a lead from Tim with the admitting your wrong thing.  

Hyperbole or not my point still stands. Don’t need you to figure out anything for me, it’s already done 

And nope, just pointing out the obvious.  And you should take a lead from Tim with the admitting your wrong thing.  
?  Right after you take a reading Comprehension class. Okie dokie pokie 

Yet again the slight of hand, I didnt say absent fathers, I said fatherless homes.  Good try though. 

Please dont put words in my mouth Tim.
Lack of fathers vs fatherless vs absent fathers.  And you claim others need to tale reading comprehension classes when you cant get your own words straight?

Summer Wheat said:
This is blowing me away watching what is going on right now and actually thinking about not voting blue for the first time.  Portland is a disaster because of weak leadership, parts of Chicago are like the Wild West, Seattle is out of control.  Why is this not condemned and controlled by local leaders and officials?

Crime is soaring everywhere and our Dem leaders like Pelosi and Biden are not saying anything.  I don`t understand.  Nobody I know whatever your affiliation is wants this type of mass uncontrolled crime and chaos like what is going on in our cities. AOC is supposed to be a leader and yet she says nothing about what is going on.  Who on the Dem side is going to step up?

The Chicago PD leader is begging for federal assistance and help to control the violence as young are getting shot everyday.  If this keeps up this election year may not turn out as we thought.   
It’s simple, their local “leaders” are liberals and because Trump has come out and condemned it they have to go against anything Trump cause that’s all they stand for. No matter how ridiculous, like this instance. Very sad 

After 50 nights of protesting maybe a new direction is needed.  Instead of just standing around why can`t the protest be centered about different areas of improvement in the cities as well?  One night take 100 protesters and clean a blighted area with cable news watching.  Make it a contribution protest.  When 500-1000 people are standing around for 7-8 hours that is a ton of wasted potential manpower that could actually help the city and the cause at the same time.  Every night target different areas of protest/improvement zones and let it be known so it can be covered by the media.   Work hand in hand with local law enforcement and develop more of a bond of trust.  Get Home Depot and Lowes on board to provide what is needed to make the cites more beautiful and peaceful as well.

Pipe dream? 
Are we sure there’s a direction? I like where your heads at but pipe dream nails it. 

supermike80 said:
Wrong forum dude.  Completely wrong forum. You will only get defending and deflecting here.  It's already started.
In fact, if you had to compare this forum politically to a US city is Portland for example not a close match? Expect the defense/deflection to be quite strong. 

Are you alone in the hole in the sand?  Or do you have anyone with you?

I mean, you went to pick berries in downtown portland and saw no violence whatsoever.  There clearly is none based on your interaction with the berries.
Do you need some berries, friend?  Feel like I should fax you some.  You seem really angry. 

Wow....

Yeah...because you cant back it up...you know it.  Like so many other assertions made recently that when asked, you conveniently leave for a bit.
Ah so when people ask you questions to back things up and you don't respond it's because you know you can't back it up and conveniently have an excuse?  Got it

Captain Cranks said:
ETA - if it's so unfair here, why don't you go find a bubble where everyone agrees and you aren't asked to substantiate your opinion?
If fairness to him, I've noticed that this forum does lean waaaaaaaaaaaaay left.  :shrug:

Why aren't there enough Dads? What do you think is causing that? Specifically in this area and how come it doesn't happen elsewhere.
With all due respect, GB, I don't buy into the belief that anything other than ####ty choices causes someone to commit crime, get incarcerated, and not be there for his family.  Lack of economic opportunity might certainly make it harder, but it doesn't cause it.

With all due respect, GB, I don't buy into the belief that anything other than ####ty choices causes someone to commit crime, get incarcerated, and not be there for his family.  Lack of economic opportunity might certainly make it harder, but it doesn't cause it.
What does cause it?

Users who are viewing this thread