What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Free Agent available that no one talks about (1 Viewer)

Yogibear

Footballguy
I'm watching the Top 100 Players of 2020, and at #60, they revealed the name Logan Ryan.  It dawned on me that he's still a free agent.  Why hasn't anyone signed him yet?

Especially since he's a former Patriot. Shocked Patricia and Quinn haven't made him the highest paid CB in the league. 

Especially since he's a former Patriot. Shocked Patricia and Quinn haven't made him the highest paid CB in the league. 
Texans need a corner badly as well - but are low on cap space thanks to BOB's maneuvers.

Yogibear said:
I'm watching the Top 100 Players of 2020, and at #60, they revealed the name Logan Ryan.  It dawned on me that he's still a free agent.  Why hasn't anyone signed him yet?
Logan Ryan at #60 is a good example of why that list is awful. He was the 3rd best CB on the Titans, and wasn't a particularly effective player. They added 1-2 CB's this offseason who are likely upgrades short term(Joseph) and long term(Fulton)

He's a FA because he's only slightly above replacement level.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was getting $10 million a year and likely is only worth a fraction of that. Depends how low he will go. 

He was getting $10 million a year and likely is only worth a fraction of that. Depends how low he will go. 
this....there are some bad secondaries out there and he would be a solid "addition" and an eventual probable starter for many teams in the league....could be a bargain/steal for somebody at some point depending on the $$$....opt outs and injuries will see him starting....

The Giants need help in their secondary.  Would signing Logan Ryan actually make sense for them?

I usually assume when we have these veterans going unsigned that it's either health or money  keeping them from being signed.

This was posted earlier today by one of the editors at nfl.com:

The Bengals might need to inject even more cash into their secondary now that free-agent addition Trae Waynes (torn pec) is expected to miss a good chunk of the 2020 season. Barring a trade, Cincinnati is unlikely to find a better CB replacement than the 37th-ranked free agent on NFL.com's Top 101 list. The Bengals' coaching staff should be quite familiar with the eighth-year pro, as Cincy defensive coordinator Lou Anarumo has faced him 10 times since 2013 while serving as the DB coach for the Dolphins (2012-17) and Giants ('18). As much as Ryan wants to be viewed as a safety, it's the two-time Super Bowl winner's experience on the perimeter and in the slot that will likely be the reason he gets paid this season. While the former Patriot and Titan surrendered six touchdowns and allowed a 92.5 passer rating to opposing QBs when he was the nearest defender in 2019, he also picked off four passes and had the second-most passes defensed (19), according to Next Gen Stats. You take the good with the bad if you're the Bengals because A) you've got the cap space and B) there are too many potent passing attacks to deal with in the division. A competitive one-year agreement would seem to benefit both sides: Cincinnati would have a clear out once Waynes returns to 100 percent; Ryan would get to rebuild his market value for a possible 2021 windfall. Let's make a deal!

Does anyone else besides me believe Logan Ryan would benefit from signing with the Bengals?

Users who are viewing this thread