What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Two free tickets: Which show would you pick? (1 Viewer)

Pandemic finances

• Doing the best I've ever been

Votes: 22 16.3%
  • Up

Votes: 43 31.9%
  • EVEN

Votes: 47 34.8%
  • Down

Votes: 18 13.3%
  • Crushed

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • CYDY

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
Billy

Elton

Seager

Dylan

Phil

Sting

have seen all of the top 4 at least once, ranking is based on current state.  Dylan like 15 years ago was one of the best shows I’ve ever been to, but then saw him maybe 5-10 years ago and his voice was shot

elton seemed like he was struggling a bit last show too

same with Seaver, he doesn’t have the same energy.  Slower songs are still good

wouldn’t mind seeing Phil if he mixed in some genesis stuff

Went with Colors, think it’s the only one I’ve seen besides signs and I was tripping balls when I watched it.  Couldn’t tell you much about it but Signs sucks.  “Swing away” :puke:

I voted even for weight, ballooned up to like 295 at one point, but back on drinking some.  Back to my pre-Covid weight which is still way too fat, wife and I started a low carb diet last week so will see where that goes

Finances roughly even, took a 3 month pay cut but Trump bucks helped offset that, plus I think my wife just spent it all on Amazon

also won almost a rack playing poker early on 

Not seeing Elton/Billy when I had the chance was my biggest concert mistake. I remedied Billy, but never Elton. Even if his performance didn't age well he still gets my vote. 

Finances are up - wife got a raise, I stayed steady, saved on babysitter/fuel costs, vacation plans got whacked, we were eligible for round 1 of relief checks, and I've made a decent amount of money off friends through golf and poker. We've put all excess so far towards the house and retirement. Still have a kitchen remodel to go and depending on its cost will max out annual retirement if there's enough left.  

Clothes say weight's about the same, but with no access to a gym nothing is tight anymore. 

Weird set of questions. I voted Seger since I like the music and have heard he's still good live. I've seen Dylan a few times and the last time I saw him he looked and sounded awful. Ford v Ferrari is fantastic- what I wouldn't give to be able to see that again at the IMAX right now. My weight is even, I was working out intensely for the most 8-10 weeks of quarantine but have spent more time relaxing and just doing walks in the summer. Finances are up because my wife and I just haven't been spending much: nowhere to go, nothing to do. 

Some very random choices. I love it!

Concerts - Haven’t seen Bob Seger yet so easy choice for me. Would go to any of those though happily. 

Movies - Here’s where you madness shined, a very random collection of movies that are all bordering on great. I love them all except Colors and Contender I think I only watched once. Michael Clayton has one of the best endings of any movie, really underrated movie.  But, went Ford vs Ferrari just because it’s so watchable. Signs has some great, great scenes as well. 

Weight - I think I’m dead even, maybe up a touch. 

Finances - Super lucky here personally. I am waiting for the other shoe to drop but thanking my lucky stars every day. Did get a little aggressive (and lucky) with some stock market timing so I’ll take credit there but that thing could and probably will nose dive at any moment. 

Not seeing Elton/Billy when I had the chance was my biggest concert mistake. I remedied Billy, but never Elton. Even if his performance didn't age well he still gets my vote. 

Finances are up - wife got a raise, I stayed steady, saved on babysitter/fuel costs, vacation plans got whacked, we were eligible for round 1 of relief checks, and I've made a decent amount of money off friends through golf and poker. We've put all excess so far towards the house and retirement. Still have a kitchen remodel to go and depending on its cost will max out annual retirement if there's enough left.  

Clothes say weight's about the same, but with no access to a gym nothing is tight anymore. 
Saw Elton/Billy Joel in The Hoosier Dome like 25 years ago. Elton came out first and played a bunch of Lion King crap and lesser known slow songs. Maybe I just didn’t know his music much then. Was honestly kind of lame to the college age version of The General.

Billy came out second. Was all puffy, but had a strut like James T. Kirk.

He played all the hits, knocked it out of the park. Elton came back out they played together did each other’s songs and was much better. 

Very fun show by the end. 

Is there a weight option for lost 10 pounds at the start because I was super committed to running and working out but then it got hot and pandemic went forever and I got lazy and added 15 back on and then realized it was getting silly and have now lost 5 again to end up back at even.

The General said:
Saw Elton/Billy Joel in The Hoosier Dome like 25 years ago. Elton came out first and played a bunch of Lion King crap and lesser known slow songs. Maybe I just didn’t know his music much then. Was honestly kind of lame to the college age version of The General.

Billy came out second. Was all puffy, but had a strut like James T. Kirk.

He played all the hits, knocked it out of the park. Elton came back out they played together did each other’s songs and was much better. 

Very fun show by the end. 
They did a follow up tour in 2009. I spent most of that year either intoxicated or seducing women and opted out of this show because the likelihood of the latter at that show didn't seem likely. My priorities were in a great place at that time.

Need "other" options for most of those.

I have lost 10 or so pounds though...not sure if that's lots or a bit.

Dylan live can be feast or famine. Those I know who saw the last tour said they were fantastic. His band is kick-### independent of what you get out of Bob.

Struggled choosing between Michael Clayton and The Contender.

Jayrok said:
Elton John without a doubt. 
I chose Elton, too.  The only other one on the list I'd have any interest in seeing is Dylan, but I've seen him twice already and I've never seen Elton.

Weight EVEN, finances EVEN.

Chose Michael Clayton because Tom Wilkinson makes every movie better, and that was a great one.  I remember thinking highly of Colors, but it's been too long since I've seen it.  

I :heart:  this poll.

Last edited by a moderator:
I chose Elton, too.  The only other one on the list I'd have any interest in seeing is Dylan, but I've seen him twice already and I've never seen Elton.

Weight EVEN, finances EVEN.

Chose Michael Clayton because Tom Wilkinson makes every movie better, and that was a great one.  I remember thinking highly of Colors, but it's been too long since I've seen it.  

I :heart:  this poll.
Yep. Possibly never more so than Michael Clayton. Fun character and performance.

Dan Lambskin said:
Went with Colors, think it’s the only one I’ve seen besides signs and I was tripping balls when I watched it.  Couldn’t tell you much about it but Signs sucks.  “Swing away” :puke:
The swing away was a bit corny as are the weird scenes with M Night Shamalamalama

But, the build up to win they were realizing what was happening had some pretty great tension. The video of the kids birthday party, the foil hats scene, the noise of the kids walked talkies. Was a great summer movie. 

Chose Billy because seeing a show at MSG has been on my bucket list. Have seen Elton a bunch of times and loved his Million Dollar Piano residency in Las Vegas. Anybody but Sting. My God he bores me to tears. Saw him at TigerJam years ago. Hated it. 

I think I’ve put on 3 pounds of wine weight. Not terrible. Can drop that quick. 

Finances? Slight hit - so far.  We have 2 furlough weeks a quarter. It’ll be a 10-12% hit on my base pay. The real issue is bonus. My split is 55-45 base and bonus. Usually we hit 98-110% of the bonus, but we’ll miss several metrics this year. Will be interesting to see if they adjust some of our objectives. Otherwise I can take a 20-30% hit  I’m not a day trader so haven’t made CYDY money 

Dan Lambskin said:
I voted even for weight, ballooned up to like 295 at one point, but back on drinking some.  Back to my pre-Covid weight which is still way too fat, wife and I started a low carb diet last week so will see where that goes
Join us in the Otis weight loss thread. It's been helpful. A bunch of us are starting a 30 day yoga program today if you want to join. 

MAC_32 said:
I have seen each individually, and I saw their combined show twice, so good.  My wife and I actually had tickets to see Elton in the spring, before the pandemic struck.

First poll needs Bangles option 💋

I voted Elton John even though I'd rather listen to Billy Joel any day.  I can't miss the chance to see Elton though for the entire experience.

Users who are viewing this thread