What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Monetizing my daughters content - how can she make money? (1 Viewer)

STEADYMOBBIN 22

Footballguy
My youngest daughter has been making content recently and one of her videos has gone semi viral. 400k views since Friday. 

She’s super creative and I want to encourage her to do more - if she’s gonna get that many viewers maybe she can make a little bit of money and it will motivate her. 

Any of you out there steaming? Any advice? She’s only 14 so we would need the keys at first. 

Not sure how any of this works. 

My youngest daughter has been making content recently and one of her videos has gone semi viral. 400k views since Friday. 

She’s super creative and I want to encourage her to do more - if she’s gonna get that many viewers maybe she can make a little bit of money and it wSheill motivate her. 

Any of you out there steaming? Any advice? She’s only 14 so we would need the keys at first. 

Not sure how any of this works. 
Instagram or YouTube?

If youtube, make sure you have the monetization turned on.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/72851?hl=en&visit_id=637347587472302183-1146512701&rd=1

I'd focus on continuing to build the subscriber base right now for future monetization. If she can transition that base to Instagram she can be put into a position to become a paid influencer as well.

knowing the platform is important. 

400k on one video is really good, but she needs to sustain and improve on that and her subscriber count to get any regular income. 

My 14 year old has about 35k subscribers on TicTok but is too young to make any money (at least In any legal ways that I looked into). Even at that, the lower end earners have hundreds of thousands of followers. 

knowing the platform is important. 

400k on one video is really good, but she needs to sustain and improve on that and her subscriber count to get any regular income. 

My 14 year old has about 35k subscribers on TicTok but is too young to make any money (at least In any legal ways that I looked into). Even at that, the lower end earners have hundreds of thousands of followers. 
That could still be converted. Send them to Instagram, YouTube,etc. Of course you won't get all of them, but you'd probably get a bunch of them. That's what a lot of the big accounts on TT are doing now with the threatened shutdown. They are pimping their YT and IG accounts hard. 

That could still be converted. Send them to Instagram, YouTube,etc. Of course you won't get all of them, but you'd probably get a bunch of them. That's what a lot of the big accounts on TT are doing now with the threatened shutdown. They are pimping their YT and IG accounts hard. 
Eh its harder than you think. I know someone who was getting +2m views on Tik Tok. Instagram....2.3k followers and he was joking his views are in the hundreds.

It's more about users vs views b/c you can try gold with a video and algorithm will elevate it and then never get served again.

Eh its harder than you think. I know someone who was getting +2m views on Tik Tok. Instagram....2.3k followers and he was joking his views are in the hundreds.

It's more about users vs views b/c you can try gold with a video and algorithm will elevate it and then never get served again.
Yeah true, but when the real end of TikTok comes, they're going to be scrambling to go somewhere. Of course, could be a new product that ends up being the popular one. Never know.

I dont know what kind of content your kids are creating, but man I'd be sooooooo hesitant to let my kid (if i had them) put themselves out there in such a public way.

35,000 followers? Odds are there's more than a handful of perverts in that group.

I'm a 36 year old man, so I find tik tok to be unbelievably stupid. And I get that every "kid" between like 10 and 25 is probably on it, but damn.....that just seems like a recipe for disaster. Even if nothing bad ever happens (God Willing), the idea that some creep is out there watching videos of your kid dancing (or whatever) just seems like something you'd want to avoid at all costs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread