Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
stlrams

The story of tony bobulinski

Recommended Posts

The timing is suspicious but this is politics played by both sides.  He has physical evidence, text messages, emails linking joe Biden to Chinese business dealings while VP.   Wondering if this topic might come up tonight in debate?.   

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stlrams said:

The timing is suspicious but this is politics played by both sides.  He has physical evidence, text messages, emails linking joe Biden to Chinese business dealings while VP.   Wondering if this topic might come up tonight in debate?.   

Only if Trump asks the big guy about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bobulinski is a Democrat and big donor.  Text messages say big guy aka joe gets 10% of all deals.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, quick-hands said:

Only if Trump asks the big guy about it.

Do you think joe will answer.? Or just dismiss 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stlrams said:

Do you think joe will answer.? Or just dismiss 

He will say its been investigated and refruted

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stlrams said:

Bobulinski is a Democrat and big donor.  Text messages say big guy aka joe gets 10% of all deals.. 

And the only reason he came out was because he was mentioned in the emails, he’s not some huckster seeking the spotlight.

Hey, does anybody remember yesterday when the Democrats said Russia was behind all this?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, stlrams said:

Bobulinski is a Democrat and big donor.  Text messages say big guy aka joe gets 10% of all deals.. 

Actually, the text messages show that Joe was merely offered 10%, to which Hunter "emphatically" said No.

Also, those text messages were from 2017, after Joe had left office. Which would have made it legal, anyway.

Also, we already have, like, 2 threads for this subject. Creating another thread won't make it any more newsworthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

He will say its been investigated and refruted

It just broke today dude?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Widbil83 said:

And the only reason he came out was because he was mentioned in the emails, he’s not some huckster seeking the spotlight.

Hey, does anybody remember yesterday when the Democrats said Russia was behind all this?

Remember the lady that recalled her sexual assault as soon as Cavanaugh was nominated for the SCOTUS?  I'm sure the libs have no issues getting to the truth of any situation and won't pull the political card, right?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stlrams said:

It just broke today dude?

Yeah, but he will still say it and the Left will blindly repeat it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stlrams said:

It just broke today dude?

So.    Thats what I predict joe will say.

 

Come on man....you think the Chinese are gonna eat our lunch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, quick-hands said:

So.    Thats what I predict joe will say.

 

Come on man....you think the Chinese are gonna eat our lunch?

Yes , they’ve been eating our lunch for a long time...but per news outlets we need to worry about Iran and Russia 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stlrams said:

Yes , they’ve been eating our lunch for a long time...but per news outlets we need to worry about Iran and Russia 

I'm paraphrasing a joe Biden comment.   He was saying we don't need to be worried about China.   They are good guys.

They own him.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stlrams said:

Yes , they’ve been eating our lunch for a long time...but per news outlets we need to worry about Iran and Russia 

That’s the funny thing, obsess over Russia who is done as a world power yet turn a blind eye to corruption of those in China’s pocket who are already dominating us. Where are all those Russiaguys that were protecting our country with their outrage?!?!?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

I'm paraphrasing a joe Biden comment.   He was saying we don't need to be worried about China.   They are good guys.

They own him.

Very true. Talked with a friend working a real estate deal with a potential tenant from China. Their broker literally said the exact same thing, they won’t finalize the deal until after the election now that these concerning stories about Biden have emerged. Crazy. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

This is really the Biden campaigns official response 5 minutes ago-

Biden campaign adviser Symone Sanders:

"If the president decides to amplify these latest smears against the vice president and his only living son, that is Russian disinformation."

https://twitter.com/dailycaller/status/1319436588942827521?s=21

So if Trump doesn’t amplify it, it isn’t Russian disinformation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

This is really the Biden campaigns official response 5 minutes ago-

Biden campaign adviser Symone Sanders:

"If the president decides to amplify these latest smears against the vice president and his only living son, that is Russian disinformation."

https://twitter.com/dailycaller/status/1319436588942827521?s=21

So the phones, emails, texts are all part of that ..  it’s interesting that none of Biden supporters here are commenting.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, stlrams said:

So the phones, emails, texts are all part of that ..  it’s interesting that none of Biden supporters here are commenting.  

 

40 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

Also, we already have, like, 2 threads for this subject.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The media handling of this is the real story.

Accusation against GOP: hey we are just reporting what was said, it isnt our job to prove veracity.

Accusation against biden: need 7 copies of different paper trails, need 7 witness, need video evidence, need time to properly investigate. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

The media handling of this is the real story.

Accusation against GOP: hey we are just reporting what was said, it isnt our job to prove veracity.

Accusation against biden: need 7 copies of different paper trails, need 7 witness, need video evidence, need time to properly investigate. 

Can you think of an apples-to-apples comparison where the mainstream media published a private citizen's emails without A) authorization of the sender or recipient, or B) confirmation that the emails are even real?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

Actually, the text messages show that Joe was merely offered 10%, to which Hunter "emphatically" said No.

Also, those text messages were from 2017, after Joe had left office. Which would have made it legal, anyway.

Also, we already have, like, 2 threads for this subject. Creating another thread won't make it any more newsworthy.

Except, if we are to believe that the information about the China emails is truthful and accurate, then it lends legitimacy that the rest of the information contained on the laptop is truthful and accurate and there are emails from when Biden was VP.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

The media handling of this is the real story.

Accusation against GOP: hey we are just reporting what was said, it isnt our job to prove veracity.

Accusation against biden: need 7 copies of different paper trails, need 7 witness, need video evidence, need time to properly investigate. 

maybe the media got burned in the Russia scandal and learned a lesson - be careful putting things out there with questionable provenance?

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaron Maté

@aaronjmate

That Biden can call the Hunter story “Russian disinformation” speaks to his confidence in the media acting as a propaganda apparatus. All a journalist would have to ask him is, are the emails real or not? He’s counting on them not even rising to that minimal journalistic level.

Strange part is, emails so far don’t contain a smoking gun. They show that Joe might have lied about his dealings w/ Hunter on Burisma (an exec suggests they met), but there’s no proof. The fact he dismisses it all as “Russian disinformation” is not only moronic, but suspicious.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Aaron Maté

@aaronjmate

That Biden can call the Hunter story “Russian disinformation” speaks to his confidence in the media acting as a propaganda apparatus. All a journalist would have to ask him is, are the emails real or not? He’s counting on them not even rising to that minimal journalistic level.

Strange part is, emails so far don’t contain a smoking gun. They show that Joe might have lied about his dealings w/ Hunter on Burisma (an exec suggests they met), but there’s no proof. The fact he dismisses it all as “Russian disinformation” is not only moronic, but suspicious.

It's possible the emails are authentic but their selective dessimination is Russian fueled.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, moleculo said:

It's possible the emails are authentic but their selective dessimination is Russian fueled.

Please explain...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, [scooter] said:

Can you think of an apples-to-apples comparison where the mainstream media published a private citizen's emails without A) authorization of the sender or recipient, or B) confirmation that the emails are even real?

Drawing a distinction between private emails and private financial records seems like a strange line. 

But that doesnt matter now. Because we have a person giving their account of things. And that is all that is required( at least against the GOP. )

I mean Time magazine has a story out right now solely sourced from the word of two unnamed ukrainians. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mene said:

Imagine if same standards used....

"I completed searching all of Ford's alleged therapy notes. They establish: NO ROLE for Brett Kavanaugh.  NO OTHER NAMED PARTIES including Mark Judge, P.J. Smyth, and Leland Ingham have provided any corroboration of her story."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moleculo said:

maybe the media got burned in the Russia scandal and learned a lesson - be careful putting things out there with questionable provenance?

Wish I could buy that. I mean what is happening right now with this is mostly the way it should be handled. The media members declaring russian disinformation are not acting properly, but most outlets are not saying that, just the individuals. 

But tomorrow if an unnamed source came forward with an accusation against Trump or a Trump kid, with nothing more than their word, I have zero doubts it would be widely reported and media personalities would act as if it was huge.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Wish I could buy that. I mean what is happening right now with this is mostly the way it should be handled. The media members declaring russian disinformation are not acting properly, but most outlets are not saying that, just the individuals. 

But tomorrow if an unnamed source came forward with an accusation against Trump or a Trump kid, with nothing more than their word, I have zero doubts it would be widely reported and media personalities would act as if it was huge.  

 

Maybe the difference is that the particular source in this case, Rudy Giuliani, is known to be untrustworthy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Goodell's Alias said:

Maybe the difference is that the particular source in this case, Rudy Giuliani, is known to be untrustworthy?

Was rudy the guy at the podium last night? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, parasaurolophus said:
9 hours ago, [scooter] said:

Can you think of an apples-to-apples comparison where the mainstream media published a private citizen's emails without A) authorization of the sender or recipient, or B) confirmation that the emails are even real?

Drawing a distinction between private emails and private financial records seems like a strange line. 

But that doesnt matter now. Because we have a person giving their account of things. And that is all that is required( at least against the GOP. )

I mean Time magazine has a story out right now solely sourced from the word of two unnamed ukrainians. 

I'm not familiar with the stories you didn't link, so I can't comment on them.

But there's nothing inherently wrong with a media outlet choosing to report the accusations of two Ukrainians. And if other media outlets choose to not report those accusations (because the story didn't meet their journalistic standards), then there's nothing wrong with that, either.

And there's nothing inherently wrong with a media outlet choosing to report the accusations of Tony Boboli. And if other outlets decide that Tony B and Rudy G aren't reliable enough to justify publication, that's their prerogative.

When the "media handling" of a story becomes bigger than the actual story, it's often a sign that the actual story didn't have much merit to begin with. I mean, the conservative media machine is basically complaining about their rivals for not competing with them! In any other reality, they'd be ecstatic for maintaining an exclusive scoop. That sort of posturing tends to give the impression that the conservative media outlets are less interested in journalism as they're interested in spreading their preferred political party's talking points.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jack Posobiec 

@JackPosobiec

BREAKING: The FBI has asked Tony Bobulinski for an interview this morning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Max Power said:

Please explain...

Exclusive: Alleged Hunter Biden Emails Circulated in Ukraine as Rudy Giuliani Dug for Dirt There Last Year

Quote

 

Explicit photos and emails purportedly belonging to Hunter Biden were circulating in Ukraine last year at the same time that Rudy Giuliani was searching for dirt there on former Vice President Joe Biden, two people approached about the material during that period tell TIME.

The emails’ alleged availability, which has not been previously reported, comes to light in the wake of Giuliani’s recent claims that he obtained private photos and emails of Hunter Biden from a broken laptop abandoned in Delaware. Giuliani, who is President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer, has passed this material to right-wing news outlets, which began publishing it last week. Giuliani did not respond to requests for comment on the origins of the material he obtained.

Over the past year, the practice of selling or leaking private communications has become so common in Ukraine that the government has announced plansto pass a law against it. Igor Novikov, a former adviser to Ukraine’s President who now researches disinformation, referred to the practice as Ukraine’s “national sport” in a recent interview with the Washington Post.

...

When TIME asked Novikov, the former adviser to Ukraine’s President, about the alleged offers of access to Hunter Biden’s emails, Novikov said it would be “nothing new” for someone in Ukraine to market such material. The trade in kompromat—a Russian word for “compromising material”—has gone into overdrive in Ukraine since last year, when the country became entangled in internal U.S. politics, especially during the impeachment inquiry against President Trump, Novikov says. Various political operatives have rushed to answer Giuliani’s call for dirt on the Bidens, creating what Novikov called a “catalyst for disinformation.” Any documents emerging from this trade should be treated with caution, he adds, because they are “extremely hard to verify, yet very easy to fake.”

...

At the end of last year, Russia’s military intelligence service, known as the GRU, hacked into the computer systems of Burisma, the Ukrainian gas company, apparently aiming to steal its internal documents and communications, according to a report released by cyber security experts in January. “It is significant because Burisma Holdings is publicly entangled in U.S. foreign and domestic politics,” wrote the experts from Area 1, a cyber security firm that was co-founded by a former hacker for the U.S. National Security Agency. The January report warned that the hack of Burisma could be an “early warning” of Russia’s plans to interfere in the 2020 elections using the same techniques it used in 2016.

During a trip to Ukraine in December, Giuliani met with a Ukrainian lawmaker who has since been identified by the U.S. Treasury Department as an “active Russian agent” with longstanding ties to Russian intelligence services. The lawmaker, Andrii Derkach, did not respond to messages seeking comment.

In a social media post on Monday, Derkach claimed that the “scandalous investigation” published in the New York Post would soon have a sequel based on a “second laptop” purportedly containing the private emails and photos of Hunter Biden. “The facts confirming international corruption are stored on a second laptop,” Derkach wrote. “These are not the last witnesses or the last laptop.”

 

It sounds to me like this is a case of hacked emails, just like in 2016.  Back then, the Russians used Wikileaks to "launder" the emails - get them out to the public while obscuring the origin.  This time, they used a repair shop in Delaware.

I mentioned above "selective dissemination".  What I meant by that is only emails curated to project an image of corruption have been released.  There may be unreleased emails where Hunter says "my father has not agreed to meet with XXXX" or "we will not proceed with this" or something of the like.  All we have is what Rudy has decided to share with the NY Post.   

I'm not aware of any Russia ties related to this Bobulinski character - I presume this is separate; the post I was replying to was purely about Biden/burisma.  However, the point of "selective dissemination" absolutely stands on the Buobulinski emails.  It appears that this particular pay-for-influence deal never actually happened.  There never was a deal for the Big Guy to take 10% of.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought this was an excellent and concise breakdown and argument of the whole issue.  By Jonah Goldberg of the Dispatch (formerly of NationalReview)

https://thedispatch.com/p/how-to-treat-the-hunter-biden-story

Quote

Much of the mainstream media refuses to cover the substance of the Hunter Biden laptop story. I think this is more defensible than Trumpworld claims. President Trump says journalists who don’t cover it are “criminals,” which is criminally stupid. Still, I think the press shouldn’t be so scared to deal with the story on its merits. 

Here’s what happened. Less-than-scrupulous Trump allies Rudy Giuliani and Steve Bannon claimed to have obtained a copy of Hunter Biden’s laptop hard drive from a repair shop and gave it to the New York Post. The Post ran with the story without, in my opinion, doing the due diligence to confirm the material provided. Indeed, the provenance of the laptop is so sketchy, replete with changing or conflicting stories from the shop and Giuliani, that the lead author of the story refused to put his byline on it. Fox News initially declined to run it because of the very real possibility it’s part of a disinformation campaign. 

As of now, it appears that at least some of the contents of the hard drive copy are genuine. It’s impossible to know yet whether they’ve been “salted” with disinformation—a common practice in Russian hacking operations used by the sorts of people Giuliani has associated with. If the copy doesn’t match the actual laptop in the FBI’s possession, or if the FBI uncovers skullduggery, Giuliani, Bannon and the Post will have much to answer for.

But now the story is out there. And between those on one side echoing Trump’s claim that it proves the Bidens are an “organized crime family” and those on the other side—the Biden campaign, much of the media—pretending the story doesn’t exist, it’s worth cutting through the hyperbole to ask, “What if it’s all real?”

The emails on the hard drive—and other evidence—appear to support what we’ve long known: Hunter Biden traded on his last name to make money. We already knew that Hunter had obtained a lucrative gig on the board of the Ukrainian energy firm Burisma Holdings when his father was vice president. The emails seem to show he tried to do the same in China. This stuff is sleazy, even if you look at Hunter’s qualifications in the most positive light possible and credit Joe’s unlikely claims that he knew nothing about it. 

But there’s no evidence yet that Joe Biden himself steered government policy in exchange for his son’s compensation, never mind took money himself. The Obama administration “pivoted to China” well before Hunter pursued these opportunities. 

This week, the Trump campaign claimed to have found a smoking gun. An email seems to show that Hunter was working to land a big stake in a Chinese firm and that a chunk of equity would be reserved for “the big guy,” which Tony Bobulinski, a former Hunter Biden associate, says is a reference to Joe Biden. A subsequent Bobulinski text message obtained by Fox News seems to support this.

That sounds bad. But even if true, it’s not nearly the massive “influence peddling” scandal the president and his supporters constantly claim. Why not? Because the email and text in question are from 2017, when the vice president was Mike Pence, not Joe Biden. 

It’s bad that so many former government officials trade their names and experience to get rich taking money from foreign businesses, particularly ones linked to oppressive governments. That’s a common tale. But there’s no evidence yet that Joe Biden actually did that. Even if he had, what influence would he be peddling? Do we think Biden had major pull inside the Trump administration? 

Moreover, Trump and his family are taking money from businesses in foreign countries right now. Trump has even admitted he has a conflict of interest in Turkey because of his business dealings there.

When Trump leaves office, I will be delighted if he and his children follow a higher standard than the Bidens did—or even a higher standard than the Trump family is following right now. 

If the press, not to mention Facebook and Twitter, wasn’t so scared of changing the trajectory of the race or doing the bidding of the Trump campaign, the laptop scandal probably would have fizzled by now. Conversely, if the Post showed more skepticism, there might not be any scandal at all.

Either way, we’d all be better off if the media worried less about how revelations might affect politics and concentrated on the truth and relevance of the revelations themselves.

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even FOX News is saying that this guy had nothing tying Joe Biden to SinoHawk and there’s nothing to show that JB was paid any money from the Chinese. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Even FOX News is saying that this guy had nothing tying Joe Biden to SinoHawk and there’s nothing to show that JB was paid any money from the Chinese. 

This story bore a striking resemblance to a balloon made entirely of bricks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kal El said:

This story bore a striking resemblance to a balloon made entirely of bricks.

more like the runaway balloon with the kid allegedly trapped in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tolstoy said:

more like the runaway balloon with the kid allegedly trapped in it.

No, that was actually strange. This attempt at dirt was comically inept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

Even FOX News is saying that this guy had nothing tying Joe Biden to SinoHawk and there’s nothing to show that JB was paid any money from the Chinese. 

There is a reason every reputable source has been running away from these stories...but hey, still have Ron Johnson (who already had an investigation into Joe turn up empty)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sho nuff said:

There is a reason every reputable source has been running away from these stories...but hey, still have Ron Johnson (who already had an investigation into Joe turn up empty)

Yea.   They are in the tank for Biden.   

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sho nuff said:

There is a reason every reputable source has been running away from these stories...but hey, still have Ron Johnson (who already had an investigation into Joe turn up empty)

Of course there is, they wear the same jersey as the guy in question. :lmao:

 

We were all worried about you, glad to see you are back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoBirds said:

Of course there is, they wear the same jersey as the guy in question. :lmao:

 

We were all worried about you, glad to see you are back. 

I guess they could just claim anything then, when the media says “this is disinformation” then you say they’re all in on it. Facts don’t matter. No one complained about fake news before 2016, now anything the media says is false and anything they don’t cover has instant credit, yet you believe it is the other side who can’t think for themselves and believe every spoon fed headline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, quick-hands said:

Yea.   They are in the tank for Biden.   

Should tell you something if reputable sources are in the tank for someone.  I also believe that is a false assertion...especially considering even Fox wouldn't touch it...are they in the tank for Biden as well?

There are things called journalistic standards...the original story and much that has come out...simply doesn't meet such normal standards.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GoBirds said:

Of course there is, they wear the same jersey as the guy in question. :lmao:

 

We were all worried about you, glad to see you are back. 

So its only fake news when its against POTUS...when only fringe right wing sites with zero journalistic integrity are running stories, its because the other guys are all on team Biden (including Fox)

Oh yeah...and my new favorite scape goat..."big tech".  

Edited by sho nuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Should tell you something if reputable sources are in the tank for someone.  I also believe that is a false assertion...especially considering even Fox wouldn't touch it...are they in the tank for Biden as well?

There are things called journalistic standards...the original story and much that has come out...simply doesn't meet such normal standards.  

They aren't reputable they are for the state.   They get protection from its people and move in and out of democratic govt.  

I'm sure you are serious about about not meeting journalistic  standards.  But I think its laughable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.