What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How 'bout them Reds! (2 Viewers)

Drafting in a couple weeks -- how would you rank Aroldis as a starter? Top-10? Top-20? We do use a stat called ratio (HA + BB - K)/IP along with W, S, ERA -- TIA.

Drafting in a couple weeks -- how would you rank Aroldis as a starter? Top-10? Top-20? We do use a stat called ratio (HA + BB - K)/IP along with W, S, ERA -- TIA.
He should be fine as a starter. If he bombs, the Reds can always shift him back to the pen so he'll still retain value either way. My only concern would be an innings cap.

I think Chris Sale is the best comparison. The stuff is nasty, but the longer they try to drag him out, the less dominant he's likely to be. It's really anybody's guess HOW (not if) they will limit his innings.

I like the deal of making Broxton the closer, but mostly its because i cant wait to see Chapman as a starter. That rotation of Cueto, Latos, Chapman, Arroyo and Bailey is going to be one of if not the best in baseball. Pretty amazing the Reds have that type of rotation after it was just a few years ago we would roll out Harang as our #1 pitcher, he can't even hold any of our top 5's jock strap. Now i hope the Reds spend some cash on a LF/CF.
How do you feel about Shin Shoo-Choo in CF?

Its Opening Day!!! Season predictions?

I like the new additions they made in the offseason, i really like Choo, i just hope defensively he works out in CF. I dont know how i feel about keeping Chapman as a closer. I think short term (this year) it is a good thing, but they didnt pay him all that money to sign with us to be a closer. I would love to see a rotation of Cueto, Latos, Chapman, Bailey and Arroyo. Looks dominate on paper.

As far as this season goes, i think we will have a similar record as last year, im interested to see how Frazier will be as an everyday 3B. Votto get back to his old self, Choo as a leadoff man, Phillips back to the 2 slot will help produce more runs, Can Ludwick produce this year as much as he did last year, Bruce not go in these slumps that he has, can Mesoraco step his game up and be an everyday catcher, Cozart improve on a solid rookie year and not having to be in leadoff.

We have a stacked bullpen again this year, Ondrusek and Arrendondo are starting the year in the minors, Broxton and Marshall back in as the lefty/righty setup guys. Masset still on the DL, will he ever return? Same faces mostly with Lecure, Simon, and Hoover back. Manny Parra is a new face in the bigs, interesting to see how he pans out, and of course Chapman....fire.

Starting pitching, i really hope they pitch like they did last year, but almost feel like we really lucked out with injuries, and this year really scares me. Can Cueto be the Cueto from last year, I do think Latos is going to pitch like an ace this year, he has the stuff to be one, just needs to put it all together. Can Bailey improve from a solid season last year, Does Arroyo still have the fountain of youth and eat up some innings, Can Leake provide more than a #5, hopefully the threat of him possibly losing his spot due to Chapman coming in, makes him strive to be better.

Should be an interesting season. I'm going to the game vs. the Nats on Sunday (projected pitchers are Strasburg v. Cueto)!

I've seen the Reds get a lot of love in the pre-season, but now it's time to see if what looks good on paper looks good on the field

I hope so because the city is a lot more exciting when they're doing well.

Ludwick messed up his right shoulder on a slide into third on a passed ball. Looks like he is in a good deal of pain and can't really move the arm much. Hopefully it's just a stinger, but those are the sorts of injuries that can seem benign but end up taking some time to heal. Here's to hoping

Early word is Ludwick is out 8+ weeks. Getting an MRI tomorrow :sadbanana:

Last edited by a moderator:
When do we start talking Choo to left, Hamilton in center? :popcorn:
Probably not soon, but I would settle for Heisey CF Choo LF if we're seriously talking 2 months on Ludwick.
Won't be that simple. Will probably see a lot of Hanrahan at third with Frazier in LF.

Or bring back Phipps as anothe OF.

What about this Henry Rodriguez kid? He's on the 40 man.

When do we start talking Choo to left, Hamilton in center? :popcorn:
Probably not soon, but I would settle for Heisey CF Choo LF if we're seriously talking 2 months on Ludwick.
Won't be that simple. Will probably see a lot of Hanrahan at third with Frazier in LF.

Or bring back Phipps as anothe OF.

What about this Henry Rodriguez kid? He's on the 40 man.
Hannahan is no great shakes but his platoon splits against LHP aren't as extreme as Heisey's. Xavier Paul is another left handed bat.

Henry Rodriguez is an IF. Yorman Rodriguez is an OF on the 40 man but he hasn't played above A. Hamilton's ST stats weren't very impressive. It's a small sample but I suspect he'd be overmatched against MLB pitching at this point in his development. The big stage also isn't the best place to learn a new defensive position.

Ludwick out 3 months per rotoworld.

Ludwick damaged the labrum in his right shoulder in Monday's season-opener against the Angels and is scheduled to undergo surgery on Wednesday. It's a tough blow for the Reds, who will use Chris Heisey in left field in Ludwick's absence. Derrick Robinson is likely to be called up from the minors to add some outfield depth.

Votto is a bad bad man.
What means this?

My faith in Dusty is restored. My knee-jerk reaction was that he was stupid to have Heisey bunt because it left first base open with Votto coming to bat. But I guess he knew they'd pitch to him.

Anyone watch the game? Curious how bad the Choo errors looked.
Awful.
+1, I'm not going to rail against him in Center, but to answer your question... both balls are caught in most high school games.

I give him credit though. After the errors, he helped turn the game around at the plate. Pretty much a meltdown by the Cards in the 9th.

My apologies for mentioning the 9 run 9th which seems like a month ago. This is my fault. I take sole responsibility and will shut my trap going forward. There is still time to turn it around but I single handedly killed the early momentum. :wall:

Good win tonight, but when will we learn to take Arroyo out before he gives up the big hit? 'Cause you know he's going to.

Good win tonight, but when will we learn to take Arroyo out before he gives up the big hit? 'Cause you know he's going to.
Yea, I saw that Utley HR coming when Dusty kept Arroyo in, but I was thinking it was going to be a hanging breaking ball instead of a fastball.

Nice 3 game stretch at home to sweep the Phillies after a painful road trip.

Tony Cingrani is pitching tonight. Hopefully he keeps up what he was doing in the minors. In 3 starts, he is 1-0, 0.00 ERA, 0.35 WHIP, and 26 stirkeouts in 14 1/3 innings. Leake pitched well last night too for once, maybe he is scared Cingrani takes his spot once Cueto comes back?

Users who are viewing this thread