What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ίβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ β€‹βš½β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ EURO 2020 βš½β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ ​πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ίβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ People are saying THIS is the new greatest moment in sports history (2 Viewers)

I picked City thanks to Q magazine (RIP).Β  Back in the pre-spotify days, Q was my go-to source for all the great music coming out of England (or even underground US stuff) that never got covered in RS or Spin.Β  In pretty much every issue, there was an interview with some Manc or another (Noel Gallagher, Johnny Marr, Mark Burgess, Jez Williams) about being a long-suffering Blue in the shadow of United.Β  As a Philly sports fan, it resonated.

So many sad stories in here of Yanks picking EPL teams.Β Β 

I chose Tottenham when Deuce was there.Β  He may have only been there a short while, but it was the start of him wearing the #2 kit professionally.Β  I had watched the PL for a while before that, but never regularly and knew I didn't want to follow a top-top team.Β  Clint scoring the game winner over ManU (which I already hated) sealed my fate.Β Β 

It's been an interesting ride since then.Β  Maybe a little too interesting.Β Β 

Just read the in-depth story on The Athletic about the security issues from the final at Wembley. Man, sure makes you - generally speaking - hate the English soccer fans. For anyone remotely considering an Athletic subscription, they do have quite a bit of soccer coverage. I get it mostly for their NHL coverage, but it's really unbelievable. Couldn't recommend it any more highly. So worth the money.

Just read the in-depth story on The Athletic about the security issues from the final at Wembley. Man, sure makes you - generally speaking - hate the English soccer fans. For anyone remotely considering an Athletic subscription, they do have quite a bit of soccer coverage. I get it mostly for their NHL coverage, but it's really unbelievable. Couldn't recommend it any more highly. So worth the money.
Sadly, this is true of too many fans. Some seriously crap behavior all over. Just ask the Mexican fans.

Yeah, I'm a fan of The Athletic. Pretty incredible some of the content they put out. Not to mention no ads, no pop up BS......love it.

AAABatteries said:
I could care less why an AmericanΒ picks an EPL club. Β If somebody wants to pick City because they won the league or Chelsea because they won CL or because CP is there - so what? Β When I started following years ago I picked United for one good reason. Β TheyΒ were on TV and got coverage. Β I wanted to follow somebody I could watch. Β In that sense it would have been easier to pick someone now but back then virtually no one was choosing City or Blackburn or Plymouth or Wigan - you could virtually never see them play.
We could use a good City honk, although this is the wrong thread.

scorchy said:
I picked City thanks to Q magazine (RIP).Β  Back in the pre-spotify days, Q was my go-to source for all the great music coming out of England (or even underground US stuff) that never got covered in RS or Spin.Β  In pretty much every issue, there was an interview with some Manc or another (Noel Gallagher, Johnny Marr, Mark Burgess, Jez Williams) about being a long-suffering Blue in the shadow of United.Β  As a Philly sports fan, it resonated.
United fans are stuck with Mick Hucknall.

Good move for Hudson-Odoi, although it strengthens the team I view as the US' biggest historical rival outside of CONCACAF.
This would be an interesting Mt Rushmore, and Ghana is definitely #1 for obvious reasons. Β There aren’t many other candidates but I’d go

Ghana

Portugal (for trying to conspire with S Korea to knock us out in 2002)

Germany (Torsten ###ingΒ Frings)

Iran (for the most humiliating WC loss of my lifetime)

Im sure arguments can be made for the 4th slot, but I’m pretty locked in on 1-3

This would be an interesting Mt Rushmore, and Ghana is definitely #1 for obvious reasons. Β There aren’t many other candidates but I’d go

Ghana

It is a stretch but maybe England as 4th?Β 

It is kind of cool that the country with the most arrogant fans has to live with the knowledge of 1950, along with this wonderful play that allowed the US to win the group over England in 2010.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a4nyqRXW6E

Ghana

That Italy game in the early 2000s Had me hating on them for years.Β 

Btw, I meant to ask earlier, but how do you guys feel about this trend of immediately removing your silver medal during the presentation when it's given?

Not something I'm "OMG, I can't believe they did that", but I do think it's just general poor sportsmanship.Β  I get you're hurt that you lost, but show a little respect and class and walk to the end and accept the finish.
Own the result.Β  You earned it - you wear it.

-QG

I subscribed to the Athletic because a good Bengals tweep got a gig with them and it really is worth it.Β  A lot of good stuff on there across the board.

-QG

Ghana

Qatar, for stealing WC2022 from us (with Russian help).

Users who are viewing this thread