What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (7 Viewers)

Wow - beautiful goal.

One has to wonder when the day comes when the Arsenal fans climb out of the stands at Emirates and tar and feather Wegner at mid field - today may be the day.

How the hell is this the same team we saw in the first half?
It's like first half Liverpool were a collection of guys that had never played together.

This looks like the preseason LIV.

Such confidence in this team right now.

Wasn't there a 4-4 in this matchup a couple years back?  I could see it again except I doubt Arsenal's defense can keep it at 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see how you could blame either of them for that goal.  The deflection took it past Mignolet.
They both stink.  Not necessarily blaming that on them.  But they are nervy players that exemplify what LIV have been over past few years.

Are we doing game threads for every Liverpool game this year? I'm in. Except for the European tournament games. Out on those.

Are we doing game threads for every Liverpool game this year? I'm in. Except for the European tournament games. Out on those.
The board's gonna love us soccer nerds, especially when I crank up the separate  "Roma-Udinese" game thread Saturday...there should be a lot of Kafka-on-Kafka discussion there... :tumbleweed: :suds:

We are just waiting for Sinn to update the thread for the Dortmund v Bayern match "2 of EPL's top managers see their former minnow teams square off in German Super Cup"

Putting spoilers in thread titles does kind of suck
I'm on board with an in-game thread for all matches if others are and spoilers in the main thread was one reason why.  Make the thread title generic or just put upcoming matchups in the title.  Leave the main thread for general talk.  Or just leave it how it was as it wasn't too much of a pain to skip the game posts.  Just need most people to agree/comply to make it worth doing.

I'm on board with an in-game thread for all matches if others are and spoilers in the main thread was one reason why.  Make the thread title generic or just put upcoming matchups in the title.  Leave the main thread for general talk.  Or just leave it how it was as it wasn't too much of a pain to skip the game posts.  Just need most people to agree/comply to make it worth doing.
Of course, that just leaves me wondering what goes in the soccer thread :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread