What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1.1 rookie pick holders... (1 Viewer)

chocolate bomber

Footballguy
This Jets trade was my last hope. The Saints are downright awful and I'm seriously considering passing on bush or trading the pick if he stays in NO. Wow. Point to the shirt, mang.

What about Leinart? The guy could be throwing to Fitzgerald and Boldin for the next 6-8 years.
I think he'll cut into the top 3 or 4 in dynasty drafts displacing 1 or 2 of the runningbacks that would normally go there.

trade down
IF my lack of faith in the Saints wasn't so well-documented in my league already, I might have a better shot. I might have to take him and just hope for the best. If DW goes to the Colts, I will try like anything to move down to 2. WOW...MAroney just went to NE!

If Indy goes RB, I'm taking the guy over Bush without thinking twice.
Yikes.You'll probably regret that.
Possibly, but I do not think Bush will come close to the 1400-1800 yards and 10-15 TD's a RB will put up in the Indy system. I've built my dynasty team to win now, and I need a guy I know will put up #'s. This is assuming of course, that the RB Indy takes gets 80% of the carries. If they take one in the first, you would have to assume they would, would you not?

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly, but I do not think Bush will come close to the 1400-1800 yards and 10-15 TD's a RB will put up in the Indy system. I've built my dynasty team to win now, and I need a guy I know will put up #'s. This is assuming of course, that the RB Indy takes gets 80% of the carries. If they take one in the first, you would have to assume they would, would you not?
I wouldn't take any of the RBs over Bush, regardless of whether or not they end up on Indy's team. There's a significant chance that Addai and Williams don't have the talent to last as starters in the NFL. I don't think it makes sense to bet on those guys when you have a surefire star like Bush available.

I wouldn't take any of the RBs over Bush, regardless of whether or not they end up on Indy's team. There's a significant chance that Addai and Williams don't have the talent to last as starters in the NFL. I don't think it makes sense to bet on those guys when you have a surefire star like Bush available.
I agree. If the talent level was close I could see it, but Bush and the next RB on the list is like night and day IMO. I'll take talent. I hope the person in my league thinks Bush is downgraded now. I might make a run at the #1 pick.

I agree. If the talent level was close I could see it, but Bush and the next RB on the list is like night and day IMO. I'll take talent. I hope the person in my league thinks Bush is downgraded now. I might make a run at the #1 pick.
I think DeAngelo Williams is a "super-talent",and I'm not worried about him "busting". If they go with White, I'll think a little harder. And to be quite honest with you, almost every "highlight" run they show of Bush, he isn't close to being touched until he is at least 5 yards downfield. I'm not saying he is a product of the system, but the guy benefited from his line and the weapons surrounding him, just like Williams will in Indy. Plus, there is this guy name Deuce who is being payed $50 million...

just remember...

talent > opportunity

While Bush's prospect for 2006 may not be as bright as it was, or as high as some of these other guys, his talent level leaves him with the best long term value.

just remember...

talent > opportunity

While Bush's prospect for 2006 may not be as bright as it was, or as high as some of these other guys, his talent level leaves him with the best long term value.
True, but again, I don't feel that Bush is light years ahead of Williams, and there is no question the system in Indy produces huge #'s for RB's.

True, but again, I don't feel that Bush is light years ahead of Williams,
I think you should re-consider that stance.Bush was the top rated prospect by most of the teams in the league. He was the #2 pick in the draft even though the team that chose him already had two former Pro Bowlers at RB. He's a special talent.

Williams is a fringe first rounder.

I would still take Bush at 1.01 without hesitation, but the top few picks of most rookie drafts are going to be a little more fluid than they might have been given the way this draft has played out so far.

I would still take Bush at 1.01 without hesitation, but the top few picks of most rookie drafts are going to be a little more fluid than they might have been given the way this draft has played out so far.
Yep. 1.02-1.04 are pretty equal now.

Tough to call, but right now I think the Dynasty Draft looks something like:

1) Bush

2) Maroney

3) Williams

4) Addai

5) Young

6) Holmes

7) Leinart

8) Davis

A lot of people will take Addai over Maroney and Williams. Similar draft slot and much better opportunity.

1) Bush

2) Maroney

3) Williams

4) Addai

5) Young

6) Holmes

7) Leinart

8) Davis
IMO,Bush

Addai

Maroney

Williams

Young

Leinhart

Davis

Holmes

1) Addai

2) Williams

3) Bush

4) Maroney

5) Leinart

6) Holmes

7) Young

8) Davis
FIXED

just remember...

talent > opportunity
:goodposting: Good players make opportunities. Bad players squander them.
Mediocre player in a great situation > Very good player in a bad situation.Re: Larry Johnson
Umm, which one are you trying to say LJ is?Personally I think its a great player in a great situation. He did have over 2000 yards rushing his senior year. Hell even when he was behind Priest he put up good numbers. I'm not sure he makes your point here.

Davis should go before Leinhart. SF has not WRs to speak of, Davis will be the best "WR" on the team and with a 2nd year QB... young QBs typically throw alot to their TEs and the best TEs in fantasy land are the ones on teams which don't have stud WRs. Gonzo... Gates... Heap... what do they have in common? They are the primary options in the passing game when they scored big points in fantasy land...

1) Addai

2) Williams

3) Bush

4) Maroney

5) Leinart

6) Holmes

7) Young

8) Davis
FIXED
The prospect of taking Addai over Bush is nothing short of comical. That would be a terrible decision.

If there is I'd like to hear it.
The Patriots really love to grind it out, particularly when the weather gets colder. Their last Super Bowl winning season they rode Dillon to 1600 yards. Dillon is now breaking down and with their customary ruthlessness Maroney may well be given the reins sooner rather than later. Obviously Addai is in a nice situation but I don't think Addai is as talented as Maroney.

1) Addai

2) Williams

3) Bush

4) Maroney

5) Leinart

6) Holmes

7) Young

8) Davis
FIXED
The prospect of taking Addai over Bush is nothing short of comical. That would be a terrible decision.
I love Bush's over-hype. IMO Addia and Williams are clear-cut better options over Bush RIGHT NOW. If Bush gets traded somewhere I feel that would put him above either one or both, then I will adjust as needed, but as a Saint, he is #3.

just remember...

talent > opportunity
:goodposting: Good players make opportunities. Bad players squander them.
Mediocre player in a great situation > Very good player in a bad situation.Re: Larry Johnson
Umm, which one are you trying to say LJ is?Personally I think its a great player in a great situation. He did have over 2000 yards rushing his senior year. Hell even when he was behind Priest he put up good numbers. I'm not sure he makes your point here.
KC/DENPlug in a mediocre RB, get top 5 production. Plug in a bad RB, get top 10. Their system makes their RBs.

1) Addai

2) Williams

3) Bush

4) Maroney

5) Leinart

6) Holmes

7) Young

8) Davis
FIXED
I love Bush's over-hype. IMO Addia and Williams are clear-cut better options over Bush RIGHT NOW. If Bush gets traded somewhere I feel that would put him above either one or both, then I will adjust as needed, but as a Saint, he is #3.
How is Bush overhyped? At least twenty NFL teams had him as the top football player on their board. A team with two former Pro Bowl RBs already on its roster deemed him worthy of the second choice in the draft. You think maybe, just maybe he's a pretty special player? I think so.Bush is a freakazoid. The other backs in the draft were fringe first rounders. You don't draft Michael Jenkins over Larry Fitzgerald.

1) Addai

2) Williams

3) Bush

4) Maroney

5) Leinart

6) Holmes

7) Young

8) Davis
FIXED
How is Bush overhyped? At least twenty NFL teams had him as the top football player on their board. A team with two former Pro Bowl RBs already on its roster deemed him worthy of the second choice in the draft. You think maybe, just maybe he's a pretty special player? I think so.Bush is a freakazoid. The other backs in the draft were fringe first rounders. You don't draft Michael Jenkins over Larry Fitzgerald.
A lot of teams had Ryan Leaf and Tim Couch rated pretty high too. I'm not saying he'll be that bad, just that you put him on an elite team against college kids, on limited touches, and that's one thing. Put him on a bad franchise, in the NFL, and that's something else. No one knows how college picks pan out, not even NFL teams, that's why there are so many busts. The only thing for certain is situations, and they usually are a better indicater of potential than talent.

Addai or Bush #1 in a Dynasty league. Probably depends on whether a team is looking at the next 1-3 yrs or next 3-8 yrs.

The only thing for certain is situations, and they usually are a better indicater of potential than talent.
So the situation is a better indicator of potential than talent?If that's the case then the Broncos might as well sign me. You can draft me with the first pick in your rookie draft.

Get real. Bush is a beast. Obviously there's some bust risk. That's true of any prospect, including all of the other RBs in the draft. That doesn't change the fact that almost everyone around the NFL would agree that Bush is head-and-shoulders above the rest of the RBs in this draft.

If you pass on that then you deserve whatever you get. It's the Arrington over Benson/Brown/Williams pick. It's the Bell over Fitzgerald pick. It's the O. Smith over LJ/McGahee pick. The same thing happens every year and people never learn.

The only thing for certain is situations, and they usually are a better indicater of potential than talent.
Situations change almost constantly. Talent remains until father time comes calling.

So the situation is a better indicator of potential than talent?If that's the case then the Broncos might as well sign me. You can draft me with the first pick in your rookie draft.

Get real. Bush is a beast. Obviously there's some bust risk. That's true of any prospect, including all of the other RBs in the draft. That doesn't change the fact that almost everyone around the NFL would agree that Bush is head-and-shoulders above the rest of the RBs in this draft.

If you pass on that then you deserve whatever you get. It's the Arrington over Benson/Brown/Williams pick. It's the Bell over Fitzgerald pick. It's the O. Smith over LJ/McGahee pick. The same thing happens every year and people never learn.
Yea, I agree with EBF here. People are going to start going nuts over Addai based on the situation, but I think you gotta look at the talent and pre-draft rankings as a barometer.

Users who are viewing this thread