What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1 Page PRINTABLE NFL Depth Chart - Automated Update (1 Viewer)

TO the Staff: I know that Bob updated/changed his formatting somewhat to make it more printer friendly.

However, it is still 8 pages long. Isn't there some way that an easier friendlier version cpould be incorporated at the site such as the one Arbitrator has posted.

Arbitrator, I think your version is GREAT.

Unfortunately, I keep getting the runtime error that folks have posted. Anyone willing to email me an updated version?

TIA

The fact that Arbitrator's program has been downloaded OVER 1200 Times should tell staff that this is something people want!

Thanks Arbitrator!!! I'm going to take the version with the run error that I have and just update the printable page.

I get a runtime error when I try to update. the bolded part is highlighted when I hit 'debug'

Sub Refresh_Data()

'

' Refresh_Data Macro

' Macro recorded 6/20/2006 by

'

'

Sheets("2006 Input").Select

Range("A16").Select

Selection.QueryTable.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False

Range("A16:A432").Select

Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=Range("A16"), DataType:=xlDelimited, _

TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=True, _

Semicolon:=False, Comma:=True, Space:=False, Other:=False, FieldInfo _

:=Array(Array(1, 1), Array(2, 1), Array(3, 1), Array(4, 1), Array(5, 1), Array(6, 1), _

Array(7, 1)), TrailingMinusNumbers:=True

Columns("A:A").ColumnWidth = 24.43

Range("A14").Select

Sheets("2006 Printable").Select

End Sub

any excel gurus wanna take a stab at this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great work!

For those that are seeing TJ Duckett listed as #2 for ATL, so did I.....at first.

When I opened the application, I hit the update button on the left. It did its magic and then gave me a little dialog box that asked if I wanted it to clean the data. I clicked 'ok' or 'yes', or whatever the choice was. Then I scanned for the latest. It still had Duckett at ATL, and other incorrect info.

So I tried it again, clicked the left button, the magic happened, the dialog box appeared, I clicked it, and still Duckett. I then click the right button to clean the data, and the magic happened, plus several little dialog boxes. Once I clicked on them all, I scanned the sheet and it was very current.

It is even showing A. Smith removed from HOU, Pinkston as #4 in MINN, and Duckett as #3 in WASH.

Moral of the story, open application, click left button, then click right button and it will be the latest and greatest. At least it worked VERY WELL for me!

Arbitrator, many kudos to you. May the fantasy gods smile down upon your teams this season! :banned:

Yea you guys have to update it after you open it, all the changes are here for me.

Nice timing, was just searching for depth charts last night, nice ####### work man, much appreciated.

Great work!For those that are seeing TJ Duckett listed as #2 for ATL, so did I.....at first.When I opened the application, I hit the update button on the left. It did its magic and then gave me a little dialog box that asked if I wanted it to clean the data. I clicked 'ok' or 'yes', or whatever the choice was. Then I scanned for the latest. It still had Duckett at ATL, and other incorrect info.So I tried it again, clicked the left button, the magic happened, the dialog box appeared, I clicked it, and still Duckett. I then click the right button to clean the data, and the magic happened, plus several little dialog boxes. Once I clicked on them all, I scanned the sheet and it was very current.It is even showing A. Smith removed from HOU, Pinkston as #4 in MINN, and Duckett as #3 in WASH. Moral of the story, open application, click left button, then click right button and it will be the latest and greatest. At least it worked VERY WELL for me!Arbitrator, many kudos to you. May the fantasy gods smile down upon your teams this season! :banned:
Sorry, but no dice, yet. Keeps giving me the: Runtime error '1004.' Then it wants me to "Debug" and that does nothing. I've tried over and over with multiple changes to my "strategy" but to no avail. I've tried to click the "cleanup" link first, then the "update" link first. Either way, it brings me to the "error." Anyone have other ideas?

Can FBGs somehow put this in the suscribers content as well? Maybe make it a bit more user friendly.

That would be a nice addition to all of the other info.

Very good stuff !

Great work!For those that are seeing TJ Duckett listed as #2 for ATL, so did I.....at first.When I opened the application, I hit the update button on the left. It did its magic and then gave me a little dialog box that asked if I wanted it to clean the data. I clicked 'ok' or 'yes', or whatever the choice was. Then I scanned for the latest. It still had Duckett at ATL, and other incorrect info.So I tried it again, clicked the left button, the magic happened, the dialog box appeared, I clicked it, and still Duckett. I then click the right button to clean the data, and the magic happened, plus several little dialog boxes. Once I clicked on them all, I scanned the sheet and it was very current.It is even showing A. Smith removed from HOU, Pinkston as #4 in MINN, and Duckett as #3 in WASH. Moral of the story, open application, click left button, then click right button and it will be the latest and greatest. At least it worked VERY WELL for me!Arbitrator, many kudos to you. May the fantasy gods smile down upon your teams this season! :banned:
Sorry, but no dice, yet. Keeps giving me the: Runtime error '1004.' Then it wants me to "Debug" and that does nothing. I've tried over and over with multiple changes to my "strategy" but to no avail. I've tried to click the "cleanup" link first, then the "update" link first. Either way, it brings me to the "error." Anyone have other ideas?
Me too. :cry:

Good stuff, Arbitrator.. I've been updating the Depth Charts like 10+ times a day over the weekend as I see teams announce their roster cuts.

As always, at this time of the year, if you see a discrepancy, please shoot me a head's up using the link at the top of the Depth Charts page, or merely by a PM.

:thumbsup:

Good stuff, Arbitrator.. I've been updating the Depth Charts like 10+ times a day over the weekend as I see teams announce their roster cuts.As always, at this time of the year, if you see a discrepancy, please shoot me a head's up using the link at the top of the Depth Charts page, or merely by a PM.
Seems to me FBG could somehow create a checklist at the top of the Depth Chart Page. It could default to showing all positions and then a user could uncheck the positions he doesn't want shown and hit "Go".......or simply have 2 reports and a "Click here to see the Depth Chart for Offensive Players Only" version.

Great idea in theory, Nemesis.. but it's not that easy, unfortunately. It takes a LOT of time keeping these updated without the overhead of maintaining two separate documents.

Like I said, you have a good idea for sure... I just don't think implementing it is anything we'll have the time & resources to accomplish this season.

Certainly, this is something we'll come back to next year.

I keep getting the same "run-time error: 1004" as many others have described--could it be a compatibility issue with different versions of Microsoft Office (Excel)?

Anybody find a solution to this yet?

Using Arbitrator's Excel file as a guide, I added this to the latest release of the Draft Dominator (version 7.0i). It is printable from there too (File -> Print -> Depth Charts Summary).

Hey Guys. Would someone cut and paste the depth chart in the first post and e mail me the newest version. I am not on my computer nd cannot open the file....PLEASE. Draft 2 morrow morning

Arbitrator: Awesome job man. Just downloaded from your original post and updated as per instructions -- worked perfectly and I'm a complete computer idiot.

Memo to Joe: Free lifetime FBG subscription to Arbitrator?

Hello

I am confused. I love the idea of a depth chart on 1 page!

You state:

[SIZE=10.5pt]The program works like this:
1. Macros must be enabled
2. The sheet will open to the ‘2006 Printable’ tab
[/SIZE]

What Program and what sheet?

Thanks

Jim

[SIZE=10.5pt]fjt3rd@yahoo.com[/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread