What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

10 second primer (1 Viewer)

Tick said:
I think this is a new tool. Under the MyFBG page, there's a 10 second primer link.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/myfbg/myjustthefacts.php

Awesome - all my leagues, synched to the league sites, with recommended starters highlighted and free agents I should add/start listed, based on projections from three staffers, plus IDP. Everything on one page... friggin awesome.
Anyone else having problems after they click into this link? I dont see anything and I get:

Warning: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array in /home/football/public_html/subscribers/myfbg/myjustthefacts.php on line 200

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/football/public_html/subscribers/myfbg/myjustthefacts.php on line 200

Tick said:
I think this is a new tool. Under the MyFBG page, there's a 10 second primer link.

Awesome - all my leagues, synched to the league sites, with recommended starters highlighted and free agents I should add/start listed, based on projections from three staffers, plus IDP. Everything on one page... friggin awesome.
Anyone else having problems after they click into this link? I dont see anything and I get:

Warning: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array in /home/football/public_html/subscribers/myfbg/myjustthefacts.php on line 200

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/football/public_html/subscribers/myfbg/myjustthefacts.php on line 200
I'm taking a total stab here.... but have you redone the connection to your league site via the new method? The ones listed here: http://subscribers.footballguys.com/myfbg/myaddpmfleague.php

I think earlier this year I didn't finish step 3 for one of my leagues and I was getting errors that might have been similar to what you see.

Saw this within the links in the MyFBG tab -- was a bit of a production to import Yahoo league, but once done works like a charm. Agree it's a fantastic feature, and would love to see this kind of at-a-glance analysis/player comparison extended from weekly forecast to Top 200+ forward forecasts from staff as well.

Would enable you to not just manage your team for the week, but for a broader horizon as well.

Tick said:

That's all I'm getting...

Tick said:

Warning: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array in /home/football/public_html/subscribers/myfbg/myjustthefacts.php on line 200Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/football/public_html/subscribers/myfbg/myjustthefacts.php on line 200
That's all I'm getting...
You need to add a league to your account.

I had the same problem yesterday.

This tool is making me over think my kicker selection.

Side note: don't want to start a new thread. Who is it that posts that kicker analysis/article every year? Is that a FBG content piece? I searched but couldn't find anything and didn't want to start a kicker thread.

VikingFrog said:

Side note: don't want to start a new thread. Who is it that posts that kicker analysis/article every year? Is that a FBG content piece? I searched but couldn't find anything and didn't want to start a kicker thread.
Mike Herman is the resident kicker guru. Not sure if he did an article this year, but he does the projections which are live in the subscriber section. Also he has his own blog about any sports involving kicking at http://kickology.blogspot.com/

VikingFrog said:

Mike Herman is the resident kicker guru. Not sure if he did an article this year, but he does the projections which are live in the subscriber section. Also he has his own blog about any sports involving kicking at http://kickology.blogspot.com/
Cheers

Stompin said:
Saw this within the links in the MyFBG tab -- was a bit of a production to import Yahoo league, but once done works like a charm. Agree it's a fantastic feature, and would love to see this kind of at-a-glance analysis/player comparison extended from weekly forecast to Top 200+ forward forecasts from staff as well.

Would enable you to not just manage your team for the week, but for a broader horizon as well.
http://subscribers.footballguys.com/myfbg/mydraftlist-inseason.php?profile=1&viewpos=

It's not live until week 2, but this gives you the top 200 forward for your league. You can switch between leagues and it adjusts based on your scoring.

ponchsox said:
I'm surprised FBG hasn't sent out an email about this tool. I woudn't even have known about this if I didn't see this thread.
It was the top item in today's update email, I think. If the updates are just for subscribers now, they should send an email to their distribution list touting the badassery of this tool to gather some more memberships.

The import should work. If it doesn't, maybe you could post your league number and site here and we can try to figure out the problem. (Do you have the roster requirements and stuff set up in the profile that you're trying to associate with the league?)

one of my leagues just won't load the players

It give the correct list, but never does the add
If I understand correctly, this also confused me for a bit. Click on the link and give the site access. It will show your roster. Then you have to go back again and click the same link. You can then check which league to import and also choose which profile goes with which league.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was working earlier but isn't anymore :kicksrock:

Warning: simplexml_load_file(http://footballguysapi.appspot.com/api/getLeagueRostersXML?key=ahFzfmZvb3RiYWxsZ3V5c2FwaXI1CxIORmFudGFzeU1hbmFnZXIYgICAgNiWtwkMCxINRmFudGFzeUxlYWd1ZRiAgICAgMCvCgw) [function.simplexml-load-file]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable in /home/football/public_html/subscribers/myfbg/mysubprograms.php on line 70

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: I/O warning : failed to load external entity "http://footballguysapi.appspot.com/api/getLeagueRostersXML?key=ahFzfmZvb3RiYWxsZ3V5c2FwaXI1CxIORmFudGFzeU1hbmFnZXIYgICAgNiWtwkMCxINRmFudGFzeUxlYWd1ZRiAgICAgMCvCgw" in /home/football/public_html/subscribers/myfbg/mysubprograms.php on line 70

Warning: simplexml_load_file(http://footballguysapi.appspot.com/api/getLeagueRostersXML?key=ahFzfmZvb3RiYWxsZ3V5c2FwaXI1CxIORmFudGFzeU1hbmFnZXIYgICAgNiWtwkMCxINRmFudGFzeUxlYWd1ZRiAgICAgICACgw) [function.simplexml-load-file]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable in /home/football/public_html/subscribers/myfbg/mysubprograms.php on line 70

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: I/O warning : failed to load external entity "http://footballguysapi.appspot.com/api/getLeagueRostersXML?key=ahFzfmZvb3RiYWxsZ3V5c2FwaXI1CxIORmFudGFzeU1hbmFnZXIYgICAgNiWtwkMCxINRmFudGFzeUxlYWd1ZRiAgICAgICACgw" in /home/football/public_html/subscribers/myfbg/mysubprograms.php on line 70

In one of my FPC leagues I noticed that Marlon Brown is highlighted in blue to indicate he's a free agent. However, he's owned. The rest of the players on that team are identified correctly. It's just Marlon Brown. I relinked the team, re-synched, but he still shows as a FA.

FWIW - On my other leagues his status is correct.

I believe you can only have 10 league profiles (Step 3) that link to your synched leagues (Step 2) at one time, but that you can synch more than 10 leagues (Step 2). So as long as some of your leagues share the same league profile you can quickly swap those synched leagues.

For example, I have 11 leagues synched (Step 2), but only eight profiles. So I have to swap three leagues in/out and go to the 10-second feature a second time in order to view all eleven.

It's more effort than if you could see all the leagues in one pass, but still much easier than having to look at all of them individually.

Wow... such a fantastic tool. :thumbup:

Yet another reason why the annual FBG subscription is among the best money I spend annually on FF research.

Any limit on how many teams you can enter? I may sign up for this feature
I don't know the answer. I've had six on there in the past, but I've cut back to four leagues.
Lets you have a max of 10 leagues. I wish they would up it to 15 :bag:
Yep, I totally agree, I have 14 and 4 aren't linked right now!
I don't see how you guys do it. I'm in 5 leagues and I even prioritize between them focusing mainly on 3-4 of them. Let along maintaining rooting interests and tracking live scoring on Sunday. No way I could/would want to manage that many teams. Hats off to you guys!

very neat, the light grey and light blue are near unreadable on my monitor though
Agree. Liking the tool a great deal. Hating the color scheme. Needs to be changed up, in my mind.

Other than that one minor quibble it's been great.
I think that's the point of using those color schemes though. This is meant to give people quick answers without requiring digesting. So players who are not recommended starters are faded to the point your eye passes over them unless you choose to focus in.

if you want to see how all of your players stack up for the week along with others in the league, there are already other reports that are tailored to show you that, with everyone in a normal color scheme and your players brightly highlighted then. This is about giving you a display that is 90% about just who you start or pick up from waivers to start, without other clutter.

I do a lot of Excel stuff with my leagues, looking at my future year contract situations and such, and do it the exact same way. I set conditional formatting so players fade out as I adjust their contract terms to represent when I'll cut them, etc. They are still there if I focus on them but since I don't want to see them most of the time, they are faint enough the eye skips them.

The import should work. If it doesn't, maybe you could post your league number and site here and we can try to figure out the problem. (Do you have the roster requirements and stuff set up in the profile that you're trying to associate with the league?)
PEBCAK

(Problem existed between chair and keyboard)

Apparently, when performing a 3-step process, one ought not begin with Step 2...

A quick question, I'm interested in joining up to get access to this tool and other benefits, but does anyone have an actual screenshot of what this looks like? When I tried to use it, it said for members only, so I would like to get at least a good idea of how it presents the data so that I can decide if it is worth the price of membership.

I am in (2) yahoo leagues and right now there are two things I am looking for right now. 1. A way to get updates for all the transactions in my league so I can pickup players off of waivers quickly instead of missing out on them.. 2. Current info to help me stream my defense and also make me aware of any free agents worth putting claims in for.

A quick question, I'm interested in joining up to get access to this tool and other benefits, but does anyone have an actual screenshot of what this looks like? When I tried to use it, it said for members only, so I would like to get at least a good idea of how it presents the data so that I can decide if it is worth the price of membership.

I am in (2) yahoo leagues and right now there are two things I am looking for right now. 1. A way to get updates for all the transactions in my league so I can pickup players off of waivers quickly instead of missing out on them.. 2. Current info to help me stream my defense and also make me aware of any free agents worth putting claims in for.
It doesn't give you transaction updates, but it does show you real-time what free agents are available and useful to your team.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yci8ibkzynljnps/MyFBG%2010-second%20primer_php.mht

If that link works, it shows a slightly crappier version of what my 10 second primer shows for my four IDP dynasty leagues.

Tick,

Thanks for the link, I'll check that out. I honestly didn't expect to be paying any money for FF this year besides for my one money league, but I already shelled out $20 for that fantasypros draft assistant w/yahoo sync. That worked out pretty well, although, I could have probably just used the manual free version--and might do so next year. Anyways, I really don't want to spend any more unless the tool really helps my in-season results.

For a FF veteran such as yourself, where do you think this app/tool will make the difference for you this year?

It makes the most difference when I'm busy. On a typical weekend, it won't affect things too much - I was looking at all of this information on the existing MyFBG tools already. However, when I'm traveling or have major distractions, this boils everything down into one page where I can find the summary of everything, customized to each league. I think 10-second primer isn't quite accurate, but I do think I could look at this and make my lineup decisions for my four leagues in 10 minutes.

The other benefit is that it's one page, and if I'm stuck with just my phone or a crappy internet connection, I only have to wait for one page load. Before, it was something like 9 pages. I like that the link looks like it will stay the same every week, so I can bookmark it on my phone and pull it up without having to start at the MyFBG page. It's really just one page to load.

FBG is awesome with how they use the data they have in their databases. It always frustrates me when all the data is there to make these connections, but it isn't available. Items like this and the Rate My Team offseason pages are the result of someone smart looking at the best way to use all the tons of information and opinion that FBG generates, then making it happen.

Tick,

Thanks for the link, I'll check that out. I honestly didn't expect to be paying any money for FF this year besides for my one money league, but I already shelled out $20 for that fantasypros draft assistant w/yahoo sync. That worked out pretty well, although, I could have probably just used the manual free version--and might do so next year. Anyways, I really don't want to spend any more unless the tool really helps my in-season results.

For a FF veteran such as yourself, where do you think this app/tool will make the difference for you this year?
Also, I get enough entertainment out of my subscription that I would pay whether I got this tool or not. The IDP coverage is really interesting to read in addition to being useful for FF. I'd say that I spend more time reading paid FBG content than I do any other sports website other than Grantland.

Tick,

Thanks again...I am a Grantland junkie--I read the articles on that site religiously! Anyways, I really liked the Footballguys Rate my Team page, so much so, that I was interested in seeing if they have other tools that are as good as that, especially for in-season management. I have some concerns about the Footballguys player rankings/evaluations, as I have not been able to determine how they decide their rankings. I have generally leaned towards football pros consensus PPR rankings for their aggregate expert rankings, which would seem to help to eliminate some of the individual experts biases.

Tick,

Thanks again...I am a Grantland junkie--I read the articles on that site religiously! Anyways, I really liked the Footballguys Rate my Team page, so much so, that I was interested in seeing if they have other tools that are as good as that, especially for in-season management. I have some concerns about the Footballguys player rankings/evaluations, as I have not been able to determine how they decide their rankings. I have generally leaned towards football pros consensus PPR rankings for their aggregate expert rankings, which would seem to help to eliminate some of the individual experts biases.
I guess I'm acting as the FBG shill here...

David Dodds is the best in the business. The site you mentioned shows preseason rankings: http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/accuracy/draft.php - Dodds in first place. It shows weekly projections: http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/accuracy/ - Dodds is in second place. This is over three years. It seems like this is always the case when these studies of accuracy are done (the methods used vary among the rating sites). I think I've heard that consensus rankings are actually better than any individual's rankings over time, but I could be hallucinating there. However, it's what FBG does with the data that makes the biggest difference to me. They aren't rankings, they're projections... so they mold themselves to whatever goofy scoring rule your league has. They also work across positions - it's been awhile since I used other sites, but I seem to recall problems when you wanted to know whether your 3rd RB or 4th WR was projected higher and should be your flex starter in a given week. Throw in free agent highlighting and league synching and it's very worthwhile to me.

Also, I'll act like I'm talking up FBG here, but it'll be pretty transparent that I'm bragging... suffice to say that you can come out ahead financially by having a membership if you have a bit of luck. Bragging details:

I won't play in pay leagues because I get too obsessed with things and don't want to mix money with obsession. That means that FF should be a loss for me every season. I pay for a FBG subscription and some MFL league costs every season, so it should cost me something like $60. Not a big deal since it provides gazillions of hours of entertainment, but still... However, I've actually been able to break even and even make quite a bit of money just through FBG competitions. I won a staff/MB survivor competition a few years back that paid well, and got far enough in some others to get minor payouts. Then there's the big member competition (which you've missed the entry date on for this season). Two years ago, I finished 4th, which meant a big payout, plus free entry into one of the pay FPC leagues, where I won the league I was in, meaning another big payout. I'd say I'm something like $2000 in the black over the past 15 years of FF without pay leagues, all through FBG competitions. I have a lifetime free pass from the wife to do FF with no glares because it's paid for a couple of vacations :-)

Is it possible to have more then the 10 league max? I know wdcrob gave a way around it, but could we get it changed to have more then 10? Thanks

ah ok thanks. I always go to "Articles" and then "Weekly content"

In case anyone else is tarded like me: Go to My FBGs page and scroll down past the linking stuff to 10 Second Primer

:football:

With a league based at myfantasyleague, the teams are not synching to reflect week 1 roster changes.

Anyone else have this problem... or is it just that we need to manually make changes all season long.

The information on the MyFBG page says it has synched a few minutes ago, but the rosters are not changing...

With a league based at myfantasyleague, the teams are not synching to reflect week 1 roster changes.

Anyone else have this problem... or is it just that we need to manually make changes all season long.

The information on the MyFBG page says it has synched a few minutes ago, but the rosters are not changing...
I haven't seen any problems. I've made a number of pickups including BB, queued waivers, and FCFS, and at most I had to click the link to resynchronize. After which the changes were reflected.

On this page, under Step 3 do your MFL team names show up next to what you called the league in MyFBG?

Edit to add, the selection box should say "Link to MyFantasyLeague league MYLEAGUE (MYTEAM)" where MYLEAGUE would be the name of the league on MFL and MYTEAM would be your franchise there.

I haven't seen any problems. I've made a number of pickups including BB, queued waivers, and FCFS, and at most I had to click the link to resynchronize. After which the changes were reflected.

On this page, under Step 3 do your MFL team names show up next to what you called the league in MyFBG?

Edit to add, the selection box should say "Link to MyFantasyLeague league MYLEAGUE (MYTEAM)" where MYLEAGUE would be the name of the league on MFL and MYTEAM would be your franchise there.
I'm happy that it's working for you, Greg. I'd just like if it also worked for me.

I've gone as far as recreating the entire profile, and every time I synch up my initial rosters are shown, with none of the changes since draft day.

I want to be clear that I think the 10 second primer and the overall improvements in MyFBG are impressive.

However, I continue to have my league changes not recognized by MyFBG. Is there a time lag on when rosters change and when the MyFBG synch works? Perhaps there is a lag on the mfl end?

I mentioned it was working for me because when trouble shooting a problem, it helps to know if it's broken for everyone or not, so we know if we need to focus on the code or if it might be an individual profile and we should focus there.

If you're ok with it, PM me the URL to your franchise page and I'll try adding it and see if it isn't working for me either. If so might be something specific to your league that can be looked into.

Greg,

I checked again and now the rosters are properly synched.

For now, I'm sticking with a possible lag time involved with the player database at myfantasyleague and/or footballguys/MyFBG. There are many possible other reasons, but I find it interesting that when I checked roughly 6 hours after waivers had run the teams were still not updated, but then they were updated when I was checking just after tonight's game a little over 12 hours after waivers had run.

Thanks for your responses. While being a tad (or more) snarky in the process, I too have the goal of trying to be helpful in refining an excellent idea and highly useful tool for the FBG community. I appreciate your follow-up.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/myfbg/mydraftlist-inseason.php?profile=1&viewpos=

It's not live until week 2, but this gives you the top 200 forward for your league. You can switch between leagues and it adjusts based on your scoring.
Thanks, Tick -- should have realized Forward Looking lists come out in Week 2. But they are still available as just lists.

My point was, much like this tool aggregates weekly at-a-glance potential pickups based on the coming week's projections, would also like to see a similar, all-postions at-a-glance view of Top 200 Forward guys on the wire projected to be better than the guys on my bench.

Thanks, Tick -- should have realized Forward Looking lists come out in Week 2. But they are still available as just lists.

My point was, much like this tool aggregates weekly at-a-glance potential pickups based on the coming week's projections, would also like to see a similar, all-postions at-a-glance view of Top 200 Forward guys on the wire projected to be better than the guys on my bench.
I see, a longer-view version of the 10 second primer rather than a one-week view. I agree, and a dynasty version might be nice as well.

This was really useful last night for me - I went biking after work, and was driving home when I realized I wouldn't make it home before the game started. Pulled over and used my phone to check the 10 second primer and make a couple of roster decisions.

Don't know if it was mentioned and I missed it, but I was just able to add the rest of my leagues so they must have upped the # of leagues you can input. :tebow:

Automatically updates roster moves nice! Thanks op for pointing this out
Maybe there is a set-up I am missing, is there a certain place to set-up the automatic synching or do I just click the link the ensure all roster moves have been accounted for?Love this tool, this alone is worth the price of admission, add in the draft dominator and the subscriber contest as well as weekly updates and I consider myself ahead of the game. Thanks FBGs!!!
I think you just click the link to update your leagues.

This is absolute money. Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread