What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

100 Square Football Pool (1 Viewer)

Many of us have played in these 100 square football pools. We all know drawing numbers like 7-7, 3-7, 0-0, et cetera, et cetera is better than 5-5, 2-2 or 2-8. Does anyone have a chart on the payout odds for each of the 100 combinations of numbers based on actual football game results?

If so, please provide or post a link.

I tried to find one on Google but drew a blank with my search words.

I did see that one after my post. However, it only calculates odds based on the final score. Most contests have a payout by quarter like 20% for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd and 40% for the final. There are other permutations too.This means that scores like 0-3, 0-7, 3-7 or 7-7 must jump in value considerably as they are very common scores for the end of first quarter or 2nd quarter.

So I'm still trying to figure if anyone had run the odds by quarter...

Don't most of these games select the numbers AFTER all the squares are picked, thus rendering the odds fairly useless as you pick your square(s)?

Don't most of these games select the numbers AFTER all the squares are picked, thus rendering the odds fairly useless as you pick your square(s)?
Of course but people probably want to see the odds to see if they have any chance.

Of course but people probably want to see the odds to see if they have any chance.
Yes. I merely want to know the probability after the draw. However, a sound understanding of the probabilities could lead to trades or purchases with others (that are disenhanted with their numbers) that would have a positive expectation.

I did see that one after my post. However, it only calculates odds based on the final score. Most contests have a payout by quarter like 20% for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd and 40% for the final. There are other permutations too.This means that scores like 0-3, 0-7, 3-7 or 7-7 must jump in value considerably as they are very common scores for the end of first quarter or 2nd quarter.

The one my friend is in, people get paid if the score is ever their number - not just at the end of quarters. Makes 00 a winner right off the bat, but has a near 0% chance of winning at the end of the game.

The one my friend is in, people get paid if the score is ever their number - not just at the end of quarters. Makes 00 a winner right off the bat, but has a near 0% chance of winning at the end of the game.
0-0 should have a 1.8% of paying at the end of the game per Drinen's calculations.

Users who are viewing this thread