What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1st time FFPC Player.. (1 Viewer)

sspunisher

Footballguy
I've been playing fantasy for more than 15 years but have always played in private leagues and used free basic websites like Yahoo, ESPN, Sandbox (way back in the day), etc.. I'm looking to play in bigger money leagues this year so I'd like to expand a bit to these FFPC sattelite leagues.

I'm curious on the "system" adjustsments that I'll have to make in switching away from familiar websites like Yahoo and ESPN. I've never used any websites that are popular in the competitive scene, and I'd like to be aware of anything that might put me at a competitive disadvantage. I'm not sure how or where we draft and manage our leagues for the FFPC, but for example in MFL...the commisioner can log in as his own team or as the commish, which gives him access to additional information like draft que or waiver bidding, etc. I've also never used a blind bidding system and am curious about the mechanics and timing of it (not the strategy). Is there a free agency period after waivers for example? Can I wait until a few minutes before game time to make a free agency pickup?

Basically any system differences between Yahoo and ESPN leagues that would be an adjustment for me in terms of lineup management, roster pickups, common mistakes first time users make, etc. Any info would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure I can hit all of them but....

1) no worries about a commish because while there is a stat service it is not someone in your league who "could" take advantage

2) leagues are different - you should be able to asecertain this on the site but there is usually only on FAAB (free agent run via blind bidding) run each week - usually Friday - there are NO additional fcfs waivers or bids - once a week is your only chance to change your roster for that week

The mechanics of the system are VERY GOOD and you should be able to get up to speed right away (some sights have a tutorial or at least Q/A available)

I've been playing fantasy for more than 15 years but have always played in private leagues and used free basic websites like Yahoo, ESPN, Sandbox (way back in the day), etc.. I'm looking to play in bigger money leagues this year so I'd like to expand a bit to these FFPC sattelite leagues.

I'm curious on the "system" adjustsments that I'll have to make in switching away from familiar websites like Yahoo and ESPN. I've never used any websites that are popular in the competitive scene, and I'd like to be aware of anything that might put me at a competitive disadvantage. I'm not sure how or where we draft and manage our leagues for the FFPC, but for example in MFL...the commisioner can log in as his own team or as the commish, which gives him access to additional information like draft que or waiver bidding, etc. I've also never used a blind bidding system and am curious about the mechanics and timing of it (not the strategy). Is there a free agency period after waivers for example? Can I wait until a few minutes before game time to make a free agency pickup?

Basically any system differences between Yahoo and ESPN leagues that would be an adjustment for me in terms of lineup management, roster pickups, common mistakes first time users make, etc. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks for the question. This season, we will offer two waiver periods. A primary waiver period will be on Wednesday nights at 9 pm ET. Then, a supplementary waiver period is offered on Friday night at 9 pm ET. Players dropped on Wednesday cannot be acquired Friday and players that play Thursday cannot be acquired Friday, either.Each teams gets 1000 bidding dollars to last the entire season.

There are no first come, first serve waivers in FFPC leagues, as we do not want to offer advantages to players that wait for news to break.

The main difference vs Yahoo-type leagues is just setting aside some time to look at bye week players and make sure to throw in some bids right away for kickers and defenses. Usually those positions get ignored when first come, first serve is an option.

If you have more questions, feel free to post here or email me at dave@myFFPC.com. We are happy to help!

Users who are viewing this thread