What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2.04+2.05+Dotson+Young or Metcalf+Bigsby+Geno (1 Viewer)

eighsse2

Footballguy
12-team, 20-man, Q RR WW F K D
PPR, 6pts all TDs, 0.02/0.1/0.1 for yardage
5 point bonus for 300/150/150 yardage

Returning champion and contender but very strong for dynasty (for now ...) with Hurts + Bijan/Gibbs/Etienne/Swift + Lamb/AJ Brown/Olave/Smith-Njigba

Received this offer last night, and it's better than most of the ones you see. Would you trade the #16 and #17 overall picks along with Bryce Young and Dotson, for Metcalf, Geno Smith and Bigsby?

A lot of plusses and minuses to consider ... I'm leaning against though. I will probably counter.

Update: I turned it down, and trying to think of a counter. I think I may offer the same four assets he asked for, but ask for Metcalf along with Anthony Richardson and his #36 overall pick. Obviously Richardson is a big jump up from Geno Smith. But that's what it would take, I think, for me to make that deal. Those two picks can get some receivers with very good potential ... obviously we don't know what they will do. But guys like Coleman/Legette/Pearsall at the worst. Possibly even Caleb/Jayden whom I consider almost equal currently.

ETA: Actually. I think I will simplify it and offer the two picks for Metcalf. I would like to have one solid guy who may have numerous years left in the tank, over two prospects. That offer seems more reasonable for him as well.

Last edited:
Okay so what I actually offered was the #16, #17, and Dotson, for Metcalf and the #36.

He has countered with Metcalf, Geno, and the #36, for #16, #17, #28, and Dotson. I really feel like accepting that one. I don't love Metcalf but he's not quite "old" yet, and very solid. (Also I really admire his diet and it makes me feel better about all the candy I eat, so there's that.)

ETA: I accepted. Case closed.

Last edited:
Getting AR would have been nice but you are still on the podium with Metcalf & Geno

Reports of the OC & Geno are pretty nice right now - playing to his strengths IIRC

For me Geno is superfluous and basically has no value in a 1 QB when you have Hurts. I don't think Geno has much value.

I think you gave up too much but if you are a Metcalf believer sometimes you gotta overpay to get your guy.

I am not a big Metcalf guy so I would have passed on the deal.

For me Geno is superfluous and basically has no value in a 1 QB when you have Hurts. I don't think Geno has much value.

I think you gave up too much but if you are a Metcalf believer sometimes you gotta overpay to get your guy.

I am not a big Metcalf guy so I would have passed on the deal.
Yeah, I'm really not any kind of specific Metcalf fan. And I would probably call it an overpay myself. A lot of my trades are stacking up assets to overpay to get a higher-tier asset. Didn't love the deal, but I liked it just enough. Agree that Geno wasn't much, I wasn't really after him, but basically his counter was my counter plus [Geno for the #28 pick] tacked on. Wouldn't do that trade in a vacuum, but as a final tweak I was okay with it. If you want my rationale:

- I like to have a plethora of serviceable bodies at each position if possible, as no one is immune from injuries, down-years, complete career downturns, and the occasional bye week. I do have Lamb, Brown, Olave, Godwin, and Smith-Njigba, but man I was super lucky having no injuries last year, and that just does not happen.

- Metcalf is more likely to be a guy you want in your lineup this year than a rookie like Coleman or Legette, or possibly even the higher rookies other than the top two.

- Though he's not a dynasty darling like one of those top 9-ish rookie WR's, he's actually not a bad dynasty asset at all, at 26 years old, with Lockett at 31.

- Dotson I considered quite expendable, though I could be giving up on him too quickly.

- Also I at least like to have a solid backup QB, especially with Hurts's style, and though Young still has very high potential, if his performance isn't leaps and bounds better this year, he's not someone I want to have to start. So, though I wouldn't have spent the #28 pick on a dynasty near-zero like Geno, I don't mind having him at all.

Users who are viewing this thread