What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

#2 pick Foster or ? (1 Viewer)

ace_spaid

Footballguy
#2 pick standard scoring. Thinking Foster just doesnt want to play in the preseason. Also considering Doug Martin. Thoughts?

#2 pick standard scoring. Thinking Foster just doesnt want to play in the preseason. Also considering Doug Martin. Thoughts?
Standard scoring Martin is probably your best chance for high floor low ceiling.

McCoy is your best for a mid floor high ceiling

TRich is your best for mid floor higher ceiling

Charles is your best for mid-low floor highest ceiling

Pick your poison on the type of guy you want to draft, either way it's not Foster.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had Foster on my team the last 3 years( all redraft) and I have pick 2 this year, but I think it might be time to abandon ship. I think Foster will still have a good year, but I'm leaning toward Martin.

I have the #2 this year in a PPR. I love the fact that TB has a good offensive line and a run first mentality. Charles is a stud with huge upside, my biggest concern is Andy Reid's love of the pass. I hope Smith dumps down to him 6 times a game.

I was leaning on going with Martin, but I am starting to come around to Charles.

Take Foster ahead of Martin, Spiller, Charles, Richardson or McCoy!

He's the only RB to have a 100+ yards per game and 1+ TD per game in the NFL over the past 3 years. Week in, week out he'll have the opportunity to score terrific points!

His demise is simply over-reaction; he's only played 3 seasons and has at least 3 more good years in his body. Last year the O-Line was not nearly as good as the previous 2 years as they were ranked 16th by FBG with a rookie at RG and a mess at RT. This year FBG has their line ranked 2nd which should bode well for him!

He has amazing opportunity being the bell-cow on one of the best Offenses in the NFL. None of your other options can say that. Not even close.

Spiller has an awful O-line [27th] with no WR's and a rookie QB ...

Charles has a completely new everything and there is no way to tell what's going to happen with his opportunities. His O-Line is marginally better than Buffaloes at 23rd. Alex Smith sucks and Bowe can be double-covered every play leaving 9 to watch for Charles.

Richardson has the 7th ranked O-Line which is good, but can Weeden throw it and if so to who?

McCoy has the 14th ranked O-Line, but he has a flaky error-prone QB with lots of potential. For both scoring and getting hurt ... On top of the fact that McCoy missed significant time last year ...

Martin has a reasonable O-Line at 9th overall. He has two decent WR's to take pressure off and spread the field, but the Freeman is inconsistent. Martin is my second favorite after Foster because of this. However, Martin scored 32% of his yearly fantasy total in 2 games; weeks 8 & 9. Yikes!

It has been much debated who should be at the #2 spot, and I say, forget most of what others say and take the player you like; he won't be there in the 2nd. You could make a convincing argument for Foster, Spiller, Charles, Martin, Richardson, McCoy, Rice, Lynch or Calvin. Read and digest as much reliable information as possible, but if you have a preference for a player, follow your instincts.

It has been much debated who should be at the #2 spot, and I say, forget most of what others say and take the player you like; he won't be there in the 2nd. You could make a convincing argument for Foster, Spiller, Charles, Martin, Richardson, McCoy, Rice, Lynch or Calvin. Read and digest as much reliable information as possible, but if you have a preference for a player, follow your instincts.
In the end this is really what it all boils down to... most of us (not all but most) make an early judgment around June/July who we think are going to have massive breakout seasons. If no information comes to light to change that situation between then and your draft just stick with your gut and pick that guy. Even if you take him a little early. I do this every year and every year I seem to get amazing values by doing it, even by drafting guys ahead of their ADP.

If all off-season you've been dead set on Foster... then take Foster.

If you thought McCoy would flourish in the Kelly offense, then take him. No information has come to light to prove otherwise.

Do you think Charles is going to breakout with a 2500 all purpose yard season in Reid's system? Take him, short of a mild injury scare that's behind him there's no reason to change that process or estimate you had early on in the offseason.

And so on and so forth. None of the guys we're all discussing here have any "real" information to sway you away from them if they were 'your guy' from the start. The closest with information happens to be Foster. We know that he won't see his bellbow carries for the first week at least as confirmed by Kubiak. Who knows for the whole season.

Coach Gary Kubiak confirmed Arian Foster will not receive a full workload in Week 1 against the Chargers.

Overworked the past three seasons, Foster will be eased into the 2013 campaign after failing to take a single preseason carry. "Obviously I don't think Arian's going to be a 30-carry guy on opening night," Kubiak said. Foster could still prove RB2-worthy on 15-17 attempts, assuming Ben Tate handles the rest of the workload. The Texans open the season against the Chargers next week.

Users who are viewing this thread