What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2006 SSLIV H2H pick thread only (1 Viewer)

Well this pick would be a lot easier if it didn't close out the roster - I am sure we could all use a few extra players - and there are several I would like to roster - but that is part of the contest - deciding how to get the best production out of the 18 slots. Hell I am still debating this with myself as I type even though I thought I knew who I would take...................

ah what the hell why restrict myself to just one homer pick :excited:

18-4 Matt Leinart, QB, Arizona Cardinals

This is one reason I've kept the website updated. It's easy to see what is available
OK Twi...I'll be the first to objectI'm not letting razor have the Steeler-D and the Raven-D

"w/the 3rd selection of the 12th round, ravnzfan selects.... Baltimore-D"

shocker!

Last edited by a moderator:
My humblest apologies, gentlemen.

Pick 18.6 Tennessee

(I think I checked thoroughly. Just in case someone has Tenn, I will then take either St. Louis, SF, Det, Clev or N.O.)

Don't worry about it Chaz. I wouldn't have been able to pick until around 11pm PT anyways.

And Rvnz, it's now fixed, but I see I forgot to upload.

As for me, Cleveland D is my last pick

Don't worry about it Chaz. I wouldn't have been able to pick until around 11pm PT anyways.

And Rvnz, it's now fixed, but I see I forgot to upload.

As for me, Cleveland D is my last pick
Aw crap.I wanted Cleveland.

Sorry to hold this up - been in meetings all AM

I'm going to take a flyer here on......

18.09 Priest Holmes RB KC

Now I'll go pray he plays

18.10 - grouse: PK, Phil Dawson

Thanks guys, really enjoyed the draft. I look forward to all of the post-draft commentary and trash talk sure to follow.

With the 18.11 pick, Family Matters selects:

A. Wright-QB, Cinn Bengals.

A little insurance against Palmer missing a game or two. Just seems prudent at this point. Protect Palmer or protect the Indy Colts D? What makes more sense? Thinking...thinking...

PM'd Valence while thinking on this. :P

Are you saying if Frank doesn't pick by eight hours after the last pick he loses his last pick?

Or does PAE then go on the clock and they both have the eight hours for PAE until they lose picks?

I do recall a discussion about no waiting for their last pick as they would then have an advantage, but not sure how this works.

I'm going on a day trip to Arkansas tomorrow to see our grandaughter so y'all get busy on the team comments and self commentaries so I'll have a fun time reviewing on Sunday.

Are you saying if Frank doesn't pick by eight hours after the last pick he loses his last pick?

Or does PAE then go on the clock and they both have the eight hours for PAE until they lose picks?

I do recall a discussion about no waiting for their last pick as they would then have an advantage, but not sure how this works.

I'm going on a day trip to Arkansas tomorrow to see our grandaughter so y'all get busy on the team comments and self commentaries so I'll have a fun time reviewing on Sunday.

By SSL rules, the final pick is given a normal timer. At the end of the timer, a final timer equal to 8(or 12, depending on the main timer length) hours, regardless of penalty timer reductions, is enacted. After the final 8 hours, the draft is final, and all missed picks are forfeit.

Not sure if it's my pick or not, but either way I'll take

Matt Schaub @ 18.14

If it's not my pick and Frank takes Schaub, I'll take Joey Harrington

By rules, Frank Black timed out at 8:14 this morning therefore forefieting his final pick because PAE made his final pick thus ending the draft. Therefore the draft is over.

Congrats gentleman on a most excelent draft as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks, I'm sorry that I couldn't pick my last pick more timely, but I had an emergency situation. In light of the fact that we're all shelling out $25, I'd ask for some leniency on this one. Additionally, ther are a number of people in the draft who have my cell number, which given my emergency, was the only way I was available as of early afternoon yesterday.

Folks, I'm sorry that I couldn't pick my last pick more timely, but I had an emergency situation. In light of the fact that we're all shelling out $25, I'd ask for some leniency on this one. Additionally, ther are a number of people in the draft who have my cell number, which given my emergency, was the only way I was available as of early afternoon yesterday.
FWIW, I think FB should be permitted to make his final pick. I also checked back into my long list of PMs from this draft and I did have his cell number lying around just forgot I had it.

Agreed - This is not a survivor draft and we are not bound by those laws. In the interest of being fair, make a move commish and give Frank his pick.

Agreed - This is not a survivor draft and we are not bound by those laws. In the interest of being fair, make a move commish and give Frank his pick.
I agree. Especially if no one attempted to contact him via his cell phone when they had his number and given his situation. I hope everything's okay FB.

1) I agree that Frank should have his last pick;

and

2) per Twilights intrepretation of the SSL rules (and in cases where we have NOT specified something different, I think those would hold up), Frank has eight hours after PAE's final pick.

3) But I think PAE's pick of Schaub should stand, and have posted it above.

I appreciate the support of those who believe I should have my last pick. Again, I apologize for not picking earlier, I had an emergency, which is resolved now. If I am allowed to have that last pick, my pick would be:

PEERLESS PRICE

Given his dud performances in recent seasons, you wouldn't begrudge me him, would you? ;)

Okay draft complete.

I am sure Twilight will have completed rosters on his site in a day or so.

Stop by the other thread and review your team at a minimum; others if you are so inclined :hey:

I appreciate the support of those who believe I should have my last pick. Again, I apologize for not picking earlier, I had an emergency, which is resolved now. If I am allowed to have that last pick, my pick would be:

PEERLESS PRICE

Given his dud performances in recent seasons, you wouldn't begrudge me him, would you? ;)
Certainly thought that some team should have guessed to take either Price or Andre Davis - one of the two could put up nice WR2 numbers with BuffaloI considered taking one, but I would have to guess right and decided Leinart might be more valuable for my team for my last roster spot

I appreciate the support of those who believe I should have my last pick.  Again, I apologize for not picking earlier, I had an emergency, which is resolved now.  If I am allowed to have that last pick, my pick would be:

PEERLESS PRICE

Given his dud performances in recent seasons, you wouldn't begrudge me him, would you?  ;)
Certainly thought that some team should have guessed to take either Price or Andre Davis - one of the two could put up nice WR2 numbers with BuffaloI considered taking one, but I would have to guess right and decided Leinart might be more valuable for my team for my last roster spot
Thought about Davis, but if he didn't really show up in NE last year with Brady, then I don't expect much out of him with a lesser passing team.

PEERLESS PRICE

Thought about Davis, but if he didn't really show up in NE last year with Brady, then I don't expect much out of him with a lesser passing team.
I don't think Peerless Price will get nearly as much attention during the season as he got here today.That'd be a new one for the shirt:

"I lost the H2H because I didn't have that stud Peerless Price." :ptts:

Well this is a no brainer as far as I'm concerned. This a friendly group and we're going to let this pick go through.

Users who are viewing this thread