What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2008 $35,000 Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

Fantasy Star database is showing 105.8 for the current cutoff value. Based on the error last week, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a little high again.

134.50 with Adrian Peterson (-5.80) and Minny D (-9.0). From the looks of it I'll be ok this week. I seriously need Megatron to break this funk though...can't expect Slaton and Breaston to bail me out every week. :(

6/22 byes completed with CJ3 and Bironas on bye next week.

Is there an easy way to find your team amongst the power rankings? Or do i have to scroll through all the teams looking for my number?

Is there an easy way to find your team amongst the power rankings? Or do i have to scroll through all the teams looking for my number?
Use the find command in your browser to search for your team's 6 digit number - you see that number on your team's contest page.Hitting Control-F on your keyboard usually brings up the Find command box.

I have a prediction of one player that will likely be on a lot of the final teams....

It's not who you might think...

Matt Prater.

I wish I had him on my contest team. :rolleyes:

Unofficial: if there were no MNF, the cut would be 114.70
Maybe we've reached agreement with the sample and the population, as the full cut value of FantasyStar is 116.1. In prior weeks the cut was much lower than our sample cut, so I was using an adjustment factor.

Wow. Tough week for many, including my team.

All I want to see tonight is Brees to Meachem...early and often!

Pretty sad when my hopes of staying in it ride on Meachem.

164.5 in the clubhouse.

My QBBC may pan out yet if Garcia stays in the line up (Garcia-Warner-Ryan-Orton for a total of $21)

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite a 0 for Defense and 3.9 for TE, I am sitting at 134.35. I still have ADP (-8.2) and Meachem (-6.5) to go.

This was a scare week for sure. Week 8 is still looming.

164.5 in the clubhouse. My QBBC may pan out yet if Garcia stays in the line up (Garcia-Warner-Ryan-Orton for a total of $21)
In hindsight, a QBBC of Warner-Ryan-Orton (not even buying Garcia) would have been a great play this year. I went Romo-Warner-Orton, but next year may try that kind of low QB investment roster...

164.5 in the clubhouse. My QBBC may pan out yet if Garcia stays in the line up (Garcia-Warner-Ryan-Orton for a total of $21)
In hindsight, a QBBC of Warner-Ryan-Orton (not even buying Garcia) would have been a great play this year. I went Romo-Warner-Orton, but next year may try that kind of low QB investment roster...
I went with 3 last year and took a guaranteed zero when 2 went out with injury and the other byed. Didn't want to go out like that again.

I have a prediction of one player that will likely be on a lot of the final teams....It's not who you might think...Matt Prater.I wish I had him on my contest team. :goodposting:
yeah he has been nailsJStewart + DWilliams combo has been pretty potent too
Code:
W1	  W2	 W3	  W4	  W59.50   19.70   7.50   11.20   33.30

This was the week I knew I was going to be shakey (RB1 and RB2 on bye), and i'm at 129 with NO DST -5 goin into tonight.

How much did Mon night football raise the cut last week?

A: Unofficial cutoff pre Mon night last week: 133.55. Final cutoff: 138.70

Hope it doesnt grow much more than that tonight..

135.20 with only MJD (-22.10 as RB or -5.50 as Flex) and Reggie Williams (-8.80 as WR or -5.50 as Flex)Should be safe this week with the low scores. My guys with byes or bad weeks I'd like to see weeded out are:QB - Jay Cutler (18.95) - Not a terrible score, but low enough for a QBRB - Ray Rice (0) - At least I got to use him in week 1RB - Maurice Morris (0) - Haven't used him yet, so anything he can eventually put up when he returns will be a plusRB - Leon Washington (bye) - I think the Jets will start using him more. Maybe I will too...RB - Ricky Williams (4.40) - Ronnie is back, but the Dolphins are still giving Ricky a little workWR - Jerricho Cotchery (bye) - Got by without him; maybe a large chhunk of owners won't be as luckyWR - Brandon Marshall (5.50) - Cutler/Marshall owners will may fallTE - Tony Gonzalez (6.20) - Quite a low score for an expensive TETE - Dustin Keller (bye) - Owned by many; hoping most Gonzo owners chose Keller like me as their only 2 TE'sK - Jason Hanson (1.00) - What a pitiful showing by DET todayD - New York Jets (bye) - They needed the week off after scoring 25 in week 4D - Miami Dolphins (2.00) - I had to use them, and hoping others did too
Done at 141.70. I doubt the cut goes up 30 points tonight, so it looks like I'll live to see week 6. At this point 12 of my 22 guys have had their bye week. With only Tony Gonzalez on his bye next week and a relatively healthy team (Maurice Morris being my only injured player), I like my chances of seeing week 7. There are 111 Gonzo/Keller owners left, and I am curious to see how many make it to week 6.

I think that i'm safe, I'm @ 134.5 and I still have Shiancoe (-5.5) and NO D (-5.0) tonight.

What kind of a bump are we looking at tonight? Do a lot of people have Brees, Bush or Peterson going tonight?

Used 5 times - Clinton Portis - $33

Used 4 times - Maurice Jones-Drew, Steve Breaston, Tony Gonzalez, New York Jets defense - $60

Used 3 times - Jay Cutler, Steve Slaton, Steve Smith, Jerricho Cotchery, Derrick Mason, Kris Brown - $75

Used 2 times - Kurt Warner, Brandon Marshall, Jason Hanson - $29

Used 1 time - Leon Washington, Ray Rice, Reggie Williams, Dustin Keller, Miami Dolphins defense - $22

Not yet used - Jake Delhomme, Maurice Morris, Ricky Williams - $31

There is still a team left with Tom Brady as their only QB, and he's sitting at 123.1 right now. Looks like he'll make it another week. At least Brady had his bye already!

RB's saved me this week.. my studly WR corp was horrible.

Used 5 times: None

Used 4 times: Santana Moss Greg Olsen

Used 3 times: Tony Romo Chris Johnson Clinton Portis Steve Slaton Jerricho Cotchery DeSean Jackson Brandon Marshall Matt Prater Detroit Defense

Used 2 times: Kurt Warner DeAngelo Williams Calvin Johnson Steve Smith Jason Hanson St. Louis Defense

Used 1 times: Ricky Williams Derrick Mason Dustin Keller

Used 0 times: Ben Watson Mike Nugent

Used 5 times: Michael Turner, Donald Driver, Matt Prater

Used 4 times: Marshawn Lynch, Desean Jackson, Calvin Johnson

Used 3 times: Jay Cutler, Steve Slaton, John Carlson, Anthony Fasano

Used 2 times: Tony Romo, Devin Hester, Buffalo D, Miami D

Used 1 time: Selvin Young, Alge Crumpler, New Orleans D

Never used: Kurt Warner, Ricky Williams, Marques Colston, Brandon Coutu, Mike Nugent

Warner has been a waste of $5 so far even though he has put up excellent numbers. I will be happy if I can make it until Colston gets back in the game. Hoping Nugent is back in time for Prater's bye week. 2 weeks where I had to use a TE as my flex player and 1 weekend where I used a TE that scored 0.

Im sure this has been covered numerous times, but I cant find it. Where do I go to check my teams scoring for the current week? I was there before but cant find it now.

156 with Brees

my 200+ streak ends at 2 but hoping to keep my streak of above 175 every week alive

Alias said:
Boot said:
I have a prediction of one player that will likely be on a lot of the final teams....It's not who you might think...Matt Prater.I wish I had him on my contest team. :goodposting:
yeah he has been nailsJStewart + DWilliams combo has been pretty potent too
Code:
W1	  W2	 W3	  W4	  W59.50   19.70   7.50   11.20   33.30
Interesting on the Panther Combo. I only have the Deangelo Williams half, and this is the first week he did a single thing for my team, yet he raised me well above the cut. I would need him huge during the Michael Turner bye; so he better be awake!

bro1ncos said:
Used 5 times: Michael Turner, Donald Driver, Matt PraterUsed 4 times: Marshawn Lynch, Desean Jackson, Calvin JohnsonUsed 3 times: Jay Cutler, Steve Slaton, John Carlson, Anthony FasanoUsed 2 times: Tony Romo, Devin Hester, Buffalo D, Miami DUsed 1 time: Selvin Young, Alge Crumpler, New Orleans DNever used: Kurt Warner, Ricky Williams, Marques Colston, Brandon Coutu, Mike NugentWarner has been a waste of $5 so far even though he has put up excellent numbers. I will be happy if I can make it until Colston gets back in the game. Hoping Nugent is back in time for Prater's bye week. 2 weeks where I had to use a TE as my flex player and 1 weekend where I used a TE that scored 0.
I dont think Warner is a waste for anyone until he misses games. And it looks like he is one of the best values going next to S. Slaton and Desean Jackson And if wondering, I dont have Warner for the contest -- but the numbers are the numbers.

bro1ncos said:
...Warner has been a waste of $5 so far even though he has put up excellent numbers. I will be happy if I can make it until Colston gets back in the game. Hoping Nugent is back in time for Prater's bye week. 2 weeks where I had to use a TE as my flex player and 1 weekend where I used a TE that scored 0.
I dont think Warner is a waste for anyone until he misses games. And it looks like he is one of the best values going next to S. Slaton and Desean Jackson And if wondering, I dont have Warner for the contest -- but the numbers are the numbers.
In theory, any player that hasn't scored for your team is a waste of money, so on his team Warner is a waste. On my team he's an MVP, but I have Delhomme and Warner as the only QBs.

Raiders37 said:
ctriopelle said:
Fantasy Star database is showing 105.8 for the current cutoff value. Based on the error last week, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a little high again.
Sure hope so. I'm sitting at a pathetic 118.6 with no one left. :kicksrock: :scared:
I have 119.10 with only Patten and the Minn D left to play :bag:

This week is going to be interesting. I'm only at 95.7, but I have some hope of making it above the unofficial pre-MNF cut of 116.X. A. Peterson (-4.4), D. Henderson (-0.0), and Minn D (-0.0). So, almost anything those guys do will be additional points, so somehow I need at least 25 points generated from those 3. Please, Peterson, make this a big day.

Good news is that if I do somehow survive, 4 of my 5 RBs have already passed their bye, and 2 of my 3 TEs have passed their bye. And, aside from WR (only 1 player has passed his bye), I have enough bye week support at the other positions.

Prayers for McFadden and Shockey to get healthy as well.

LaneOfSteel™ said:
Im sure this has been covered numerous times, but I cant find it. Where do I go to check my teams scoring for the current week? I was there before but cant find it now.
In this site it's in your MyFBG link, after MNF.Externally you can check here, but you need to find your players.

Not looking good for my squad. Was a bad week for Burress to get suspended as he is counting as my flex right now!!!

108.5 (-4 w/ NO Defense and -0 Patten/Meachem).

Definitely possible though. Meachem has had two 10+pt weeks in a row, needs to make that three. I expect NO defense to score more than 4pts also.

Here's to hoping not alot of Brees owners near the cut line needing Brees tonight.

used 5 times: Witten, Lynch

used 4 times: Santana Moss, Matt Prater, Buffalo D

used 3 times: Cutler, Chris Johnson, JStewart, Brandon Marshall, Kevin Walter

used 2 times: Romo, Antonio Bryant, Gaffney

used 1 time: Ray Rice, Ricky, Curry, DHagan, Donald Lee, Nate Kaeding, NE D

not used: Warner, Dustin Keller,

I'm done this week at 130.3, I hope that's enough to make the cut.

Users who are viewing this thread