What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2008 Rookie Draft Picks (2 Viewers)

Saw the Rutgers game today...and all I have to say is Rice = Wow.Still, might not have the high measurables to be a HIGH 1st rounder though...
Yeah, on the breakway run lat in 3rd, he did not show that extra gear ans was ran down pretty easily. He is a tough inside runner. Looks to be more short 5'8 ish (maybe?) than truly"small"
Rutgers alum here. I've watched most of the games this season and Rice is a very tough runner who never stops moving his legs. He has a low center of gravity and can slide in between blockers. I would compare him to a Warrick Dunn-type. A little "small" but tough as nails and will always fight for the extra yard or two.BTW, Rutgers is 7-0!!! :shock:

Rice is alot tougher than MJ Drew, from what I have seen and that could what make him a viable starter for 5 years in the NFL whereas I think MJ Drew will always be a 3rd down, RBBC type of guy.

Rice is alot tougher than MJ Drew, from what I have seen and that could what make him a viable starter for 5 years in the NFL whereas I think MJ Drew will always be a 3rd down, RBBC type of guy.
I've never seen a 3rd down back to gets goal line carries.Drew is a beast. Buy him now, he won't ever get any cheaper.

Strike Jamario Thomas off that list.

Incredible FR campaign, but ZERO since then (now a JR). Last year hhe couldn't keep the SR Patrick Cobbs off the field & this year he can't keep the offense on the field. The Sun Belt has caught up to and passed North Texas. If Thomas can't dominate against the SBC, there's no hope in the pros.

Full Discolsure: J.Thomas college FF dynasty owner all 3 years

One kid who has a world of talent but suffers from the fact that his coach is 127 years old and runs an offense from 1963 is Derrick Williams of Penn State. He was a top-five receiving prospect coming out of high school. He is only 6'0" and 201 lbs, but he has good hands and runs crisp routes. I'm not saying he will be first round, but I think he has the talent to be in the NFL. If Morrelli gets his head out of his rear end, Williams could put up nice numbers next year and shoot up the draft charts.

That's enough smoke blowing up a Penn State player's skirt for this Pitt fan.

What about Garrett Wolfe? Is he going to be eligible at the end of this year? (N. Illinois, I believe)
:goodposting: This guy knows things. Future NFL superstar.
5'7" 170lbs! :shock:
Chicago Sun Times quoted two NFL scouts as saying Wolfe may not even be drafted because of his size. Some team may take a late flyer on him but not much more. I personally like Wolfe and have seen a number of his games, he has skills!
Reminds me of Darren Sproles. Loved the skill, but he slipped to #130, past guys like Manuel White. As much as Wolfe has done, I don't think he's better than Sproles. Hopefully Wolfe won't be buried on the depth chart like DS is (preinjury) and gets a chance to play.

not top 12 material, but my hometown UK Wildcats have a couple of guys that I think will surprise people in the NFL.

WR Keenan Burton - has been banged up the last couple of years after starting well each season. This year he has been healthy all year and putting up some great numbers. 57-849-9. He has also had at least 3 kick return td's called back on penalties this year, including one yesterday against Vandy. He's 6'2, 195, fast and has great body control and really good hands. Really attacks the football when it is thrown to him.

QB Andre Woodson - I've never seen a guy improve more from one year to the next. Last year, he was a turnover machine, but this year he is so much more mature. Has good (not great) arm strength with great touch on all passes. Throws a great deep ball and is making great decisions this year. He's 6'5, 240 and has thrown for 2575 yards, 24 td's and only 7 int's. He's not on many radars yet, but another season like this and he will be.

#1 Overall - Darren McFadden - Available for your viewing pleasure whoppin' the Vols on ESPN2. :yes:
:goodposting: And he's doing it with a surgically repaired toe from this summer. Just think if he truly was 100%. He reminds me of Reggie Bush and Mike Vick in his running skills. Everyone on defense looks like they are running in slow motion. I think Tedd Ginn Jr. fits that bill as well.Jonathan Stewart is going to be terrific too, if he can avoid the nagging injuries. He's still learning how avoid taking big hits but his body is NFL ready right now. And he's fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
not top 12 material, but my hometown UK Wildcats have a couple of guys that I think will surprise people in the NFL. WR Keenan Burton - has been banged up the last couple of years after starting well each season. This year he has been healthy all year and putting up some great numbers. 57-849-9. He has also had at least 3 kick return td's called back on penalties this year, including one yesterday against Vandy. He's 6'2, 195, fast and has great body control and really good hands. Really attacks the football when it is thrown to him.QB Andre Woodson - I've never seen a guy improve more from one year to the next. Last year, he was a turnover machine, but this year he is so much more mature. Has good (not great) arm strength with great touch on all passes. Throws a great deep ball and is making great decisions this year. He's 6'5, 240 and has thrown for 2575 yards, 24 td's and only 7 int's. He's not on many radars yet, but another season like this and he will be.
Go Cats. I'm also a big UK Fan (went there from 1977-1979, but graduated from Cumberland College). Looks like a Bowl game is definitely in their future at 6-4 and big win over Georgia.

NFL Rules: A player must be out of High School for 3 years before he declares for the NFL Draft. As far as I know, all current Sophmores aside from Sidney Rice have not been out of H.S. for 3 years. Though I'm not sure about guys that may have went to JuCo for 1 yr before moving on to a bigger program.

So on this list I will include all current Sophmores and Juniors (*I think there's a good chance most of these guys like Brohm, Peterson, and alot WRs will come out early... in '07)

QBs:

1. Brian Brohm, Louisville, Jr*

2. Chad Henne, Michigan, Jr

3. JaMarcus Russell, LSU, So

4. Sam Keller, Nebraska, 2nd year Sn

5. Rudy Carpenter, ASU, So

6. Kyle Wright, Miami (FL), So

7. Ben Olsen, UCLA, So

8. Drew Weatherford, FSU, So

9. Matt Ryan, BC, Jr

10. Kevin Kolb, Houston, Jr

RBs:

1. Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma, Jr*

2. Marshawn Lynch, Cal, Jr*

3. Michael Hart, Michigan, Jr*

4. James Davis, Clemson, So

5. Steve Slaton, WV, So

6. Darren McFadden, Arkansas, So

7. Ray Rice, Rutgers, So

8. P.J. Hill, Wisconsin, Redshirt Fr

9. Jonathan Stewart, Oregon, So

10. Albert Young, Iowa, Jr

11. Thomas Brown, Georgia, Jr

12. Tyrell Sutton, Northwestern, So

13. BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Ole Miss, Jr

14. Yvenson Bernard, Oregon State, Jr

15. Ahmad Bradshaw, Marshall, Jr

WRs:

1. Calvin Johnson, Georgia Tech, Jr*

2. Dwayne Jarrett, USC, Jr*

3. Sidney Rice, South Carolina, 2nd year So*

4. Ted Ginn Jr, OSU, Jr*

5. Robert Meachem, Tennessee, Jr

6. Mario Manningham, Michgan, So

7. DeSean Jackson, Cal, So

8. Limas Sweed, Texas, Jr

9. Early Doucet, LSU, Jr

10. D.J. Hall, Alabama, Jr

11. Dorien Bryant, Wake Forest, Jr

12. Lance Leggett, Miami (FL), Jr

13. Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt, So

14. James Hardy, Indiana, So

15. Todd Blythe, Iowa State, Jr

Input appreciated.

Overall a good list. Regarding the RBs, I'd put McFadden in the 3 slot over Hart and Slaton who are undersized. Also, I think Stewart is probably a better NFL prospect than Slaton and Hart as well (he's at #4 in my list). Obviously, more will become clear during these players junior years. For WRs I prefer Ted Ginn Jr to Sidney Rice. I like Calvin Johnson a lot more than the other WRs and that's saying a lot because there's it's a strong WR group.

Again nice job overall.

Overall a good list. Regarding the RBs, I'd put McFadden in the 3 slot over Hart and Slaton who are undersized. Also, I think Stewart is probably a better NFL prospect than Slaton and Hart as well (he's at #4 in my list). Obviously, more will become clear during these players junior years. For WRs I prefer Ted Ginn Jr to Sidney Rice. I like Calvin Johnson a lot more than the other WRs and that's saying a lot because there's it's a strong WR group. Again nice job overall.
My thoughts on Stewart: Load of talent, but alot of hype for a guy who can't stay healthy or hold off the backup on his own team.

NFL Rules: A player must be out of High School for 3 years before he declares for the NFL Draft. As far as I know, all current Sophmores aside from Sidney Rice have not been out of H.S. for 3 years. Though I'm not sure about guys that may have went to JuCo for 1 yr before moving on to a bigger program. So on this list I will include all current Sophmores and Juniors (*I think there's a good chance most of these guys like Brohm, Peterson, and alot WRs will come out early... in '07)QBs:1. Brian Brohm, Louisville, Jr*2. Chad Henne, Michigan, Jr3. JaMarcus Russell, LSU, So4. Sam Keller, Nebraska, 2nd year Sn5. Rudy Carpenter, ASU, So6. Kyle Wright, Miami (FL), So7. Ben Olsen, UCLA, So8. Drew Weatherford, FSU, So9. Matt Ryan, BC, Jr10. Kevin Kolb, Houston, JrRBs:1. Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma, Jr*2. Marshawn Lynch, Cal, Jr*3. Michael Hart, Michigan, Jr*4. James Davis, Clemson, So5. Steve Slaton, WV, So6. Darren McFadden, Arkansas, So7. Ray Rice, Rutgers, So8. P.J. Hill, Wisconsin, Redshirt Fr9. Jonathan Stewart, Oregon, So10. Albert Young, Iowa, Jr11. Thomas Brown, Georgia, Jr12. Tyrell Sutton, Northwestern, So13. BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Ole Miss, Jr14. Yvenson Bernard, Oregon State, Jr15. Ahmad Bradshaw, Marshall, JrWRs:1. Calvin Johnson, Georgia Tech, Jr*2. Dwayne Jarrett, USC, Jr*3. Sidney Rice, South Carolina, 2nd year So*4. Ted Ginn Jr, OSU, Jr*5. Robert Meachem, Tennessee, Jr6. Mario Manningham, Michgan, So7. DeSean Jackson, Cal, So8. Limas Sweed, Texas, Jr9. Early Doucet, LSU, Jr10. D.J. Hall, Alabama, Jr11. Dorien Bryant, Wake Forest, Jr12. Lance Leggett, Miami (FL), Jr13. Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt, So14. James Hardy, Indiana, So15. Todd Blythe, Iowa State, JrInput appreciated.
Forgot to add:QB, John David Booty, USC, JrRB, Andre Brown, NC St, 2nd year SoRB, Lynell Hamilton, San Diego State, JrRB, Darius Walker, Notre Dame, Jr

Updated list

A couple mistakes I made before: Kyle Wright is currently a Junior, not a Sophmore. Kevin Kolb is currently a Senior, not a Junior. Antonio Pittman was missing from the list before. Ditto Anthony Gonzalez.

Mel Kiper is really high on Hawaii's Colt Brennan, but his stats are beefed up due to the system he plays in. Same with Harrell, but he might be a better prospect.

So on this list I will include all current Sophmores and Juniors (*I think there's a good chance these guys will come out early... in '07)

QBs:

2. Chad Henne, Michigan, Jr*

3. John David Booty, USC, Jr

4. JaMarcus Russell, LSU, Jr

5. Kyle Wright, Miami (FL), Jr

6. Matt Ryan, BC, Jr

7. Colt Brennan, Hawaii, Jr

8. Rudy Carpenter, ASU, So

9. Sam Keller, Nebraska, 2nd year Sn

10. Eric Ainge, Tennessee, Jr

11. Ben Olsen, UCLA, So

12. Drew Weatherford, FSU, So

13. Matt Flynn, LSU, Jr

14. Graham Harrell, Texas Tech, So

15a. Pat White, WV, So

15b. Dennis Dixon, Oregon, Jr (both could become decent NFL players, not necessarily at QB)

RBs:

2. Marshawn Lynch, Cal, Jr*

3. Michael Hart, Michigan, Jr*

4. James Davis, Clemson, So

5. Steve Slaton, WV, So

6. Darren McFadden, Arkansas, So

7. Ray Rice, Rutgers, So

8. Antonio Pittman, OSU, Jr*

9. P.J. Hill, Wisconsin, Redshirt Fr

10. Andre Brown, North Carolina State, So

11. Jonathan Stewart, Oregon, So

12. Thomas Brown, Georgia, Jr

13. Albert Young, Iowa, Jr

14. Tyrell Sutton, Northwestern, So

15. BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Ole Miss, Jr

16. Yvenson Bernard, Oregon State, Jr

17. Ahmad Bradshaw, Marshall, Jr

18. Lynell Hamilton, San Diego State, Jr

19. Ryan Torian, Arizona State, Jr

20. Gary Russell, Minnesota, not in school

WRs:

3. Sidney Rice, South Carolina, 2nd year So*

4. Ted Ginn Jr, OSU, Jr*

5. Mario Manningham, Michgan, So

6. DeSean Jackson, Cal, So

7. Robert Meachem, Tennessee, Jr

8. Limas Sweed, Texas, Jr

9. Anthony Gonzalez, OSU, Jr

10. Early Doucet, LSU, Jr

11. D.J. Hall, Alabama, Jr

12. Dorien Bryant, Wake Forest, Jr

13. Lance Leggett, Miami (FL), Jr

14. Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt, So

15. James Hardy, Indiana, So

16. Todd Blythe, Iowa State, Jr

17. Derrick Williams, PSU, So

18. Mario Urrutia, Louisville, Jr

19. Greg Carr, FSU, So

20. Rudy Burgess, Arizona State, Jr

Hard for me to see Hart leaving early after a disappointing year like this.

If the super-3 of Henne, Hart and Manningham all come back next year, they should be the preseason #1's and likely to win the National Title.

With Pittman's performance on Saturday, he looks good to go.

And regardless of the injury to Stewart, I would hesitate to drop him out of the top 10 in a list like this because the measurables are ALL there - the on-field productivity hasn't been half bad either, injuries aside.

Hard for me to see Hart leaving early after a disappointing year like this.If the super-3 of Henne, Hart and Manningham all come back next year, they should be the preseason #1's and likely to win the National Title.With Pittman's performance on Saturday, he looks good to go.And regardless of the injury to Stewart, I would hesitate to drop him out of the top 10 in a list like this because the measurables are ALL there - the on-field productivity hasn't been half bad either, injuries aside.
Michigan players generally don't leave early, and I don't see either Henne or Hart leaving before their senior season. I guess they are like the Duke of College Football that way in that most of the time the juniors come back The only guy I could see leaving is Branch because he likely would be a top ten pick, but maybe he'll stay to try and win the national title...time will tell...

Updated listA couple mistakes I made before: Kyle Wright is currently a Junior, not a Sophmore. Kevin Kolb is currently a Senior, not a Junior. Antonio Pittman was missing from the list before. Ditto Anthony Gonzalez.Mel Kiper is really high on Hawaii's Colt Brennan, but his stats are beefed up due to the system he plays in. Same with Harrell, but he might be a better prospect.So on this list I will include all current Sophmores and Juniors (*I think there's a good chance these guys will come out early... in '07)QBs:1. Brian Brohm, Louisville, Jr*2. Chad Henne, Michigan, Jr*3. John David Booty, USC, Jr4. JaMarcus Russell, LSU, So5. Kyle Wright, Miami (FL), Jr6. Matt Ryan, BC, Jr7. Colt Brennan, Hawaii, Jr8. Rudy Carpenter, ASU, So9. Sam Keller, Nebraska, 2nd year Sn10. Eric Ainge, Tennessee, Jr11. Ben Olsen, UCLA, So12. Drew Weatherford, FSU, So13. Matt Flynn, LSU, Jr14. Graham Harrell, Texas Tech, So15a. Pat White, WV, So15b. Dennis Dixon, Oregon, Jr (both could become decent NFL players, not necessarily at QB)RBs:1. Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma, Jr*2. Marshawn Lynch, Cal, Jr*3. Michael Hart, Michigan, Jr*4. James Davis, Clemson, So5. Steve Slaton, WV, So6. Darren McFadden, Arkansas, So7. Ray Rice, Rutgers, So8. Antonio Pittman, OSU, Jr*9. P.J. Hill, Wisconsin, Redshirt Fr10. Andre Brown, North Carolina State, So11. Jonathan Stewart, Oregon, So12. Thomas Brown, Georgia, Jr13. Albert Young, Iowa, Jr14. Tyrell Sutton, Northwestern, So15. BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Ole Miss, Jr16. Yvenson Bernard, Oregon State, Jr17. Ahmad Bradshaw, Marshall, Jr18. Lynell Hamilton, San Diego State, Jr19. Ryan Torian, Arizona State, Jr20. Gary Russell, Minnesota, not in schoolWRs:1. Calvin Johnson, Georgia Tech, Jr*2. Dwayne Jarrett, USC, Jr*3. Sidney Rice, South Carolina, 2nd year So*4. Ted Ginn Jr, OSU, Jr*5. Mario Manningham, Michgan, So6. DeSean Jackson, Cal, So7. Robert Meachem, Tennessee, Jr8. Limas Sweed, Texas, Jr9. Anthony Gonzalez, OSU, Jr10. Early Doucet, LSU, Jr11. D.J. Hall, Alabama, Jr12. Dorien Bryant, Wake Forest, Jr13. Lance Leggett, Miami (FL), Jr14. Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt, So15. James Hardy, Indiana, So16. Todd Blythe, Iowa State, Jr17. Derrick Williams, PSU, So18. Mario Urrutia, Louisville, Jr19. Greg Carr, FSU, So20. Rudy Burgess, Arizona State, Jr
Jamarcus Russell is a redshirt Junior. I think he will come out if he is projected to go in the first round which just may happen.

Updated list

Underclassmen QBs:

1. Brian Brohm, Louisville, Jr

2. JaMarcus Russell, LSU, Jr*

3. Chad Henne, Michigan, Jr*

4. John David Booty, USC, Jr

5. Rudy Carpenter, Arizona State, So

6. Sam Keller, Nebraska, Sn

7. Matt Ryan, BC, Jr

8. Colt Brennan, Hawaii, Jr

9. Eric Ainge, Tennessee, Jr

10. Kyle Wright, Miami (FL), Jr

11. Drew Weatherford, FSU, So

12. Matt Flynn, LSU, Jr

13. Graham Harrell, Texas Tech, So

14. Ben Olsen, UCLA, So

15a. Pat White, West Virginia, So

15b. Dennis Dixon, Oregon, Jr

Underclassmen RBs:

2. Darren McFadden, Arkansas, So

3. Steve Slaton, West Virginia, So

4. Marshawn Lynch, Cal, Jr*

5. James Davis, Clemson, So

6. P.J. Hill, Wisconsin, Fr (redshirt)

7. Michael Hart, Michigan, Jr*

8. Antonio Pittman, Ohio State, Jr*

9. Jonathan Stewart, Oregon, So

10. Ray Rice, Rutgers, So

11. Andre Brown, North Carolina State, So

12. Jamaal Charles, Texas, So

13. Thomas Brown, Georgia, Jr*

14. Albert Young, Iowa, Jr*

15. Dwayne Wright, Fresno State, Jr*

16. Darius Walker, Notre Dame, Jr*

17. Lynell Hamilton, San Diego State, Jr*

18. Ahmad Bradshaw, Marshall, Jr*

19. Felix Jones, Arkansas, So

20. Yvenson Bernard, Oregon State, Jr

21. Tyrell Sutton, Northwestern, So

22. Ryan Torian, Arizona State, Jr

23. BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Ole Miss, Jr

24. Ian Johnson, Boise State, So

25. Bradon Ore, Virginia Tech, Fr (redshirt)

Underclassmen WRs:

3. Sidney Rice, South Carolina, So*

4. Ted Ginn Jr, OSU, Jr*

5. Mario Manningham, Michgan, So

6. DeSean Jackson, Cal, So

7. Robert Meachem, Tennessee, Jr*

8. Limas Sweed, Texas, Jr*

9. Anthony Gonzalez, Ohio State, Jr*

10. Early Doucet, LSU, Jr*

11. D.J. Hall, Alabama, Jr*

12. Dorien Bryant, Wake Forest, Jr*

13. Adarius Bowman, Oklahoma State, Jr*

14. Marcus Monk, Arkansas, Jr*

15. James Hardy, Indiana, So

16. Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt, So

17. Derrick Williams, Penn State, So

18. Mario Urrutia, Louisville, Jr

19. Greg Carr, FSU, So

20. Todd Blythe, Iowa State, Jr

21. Lance Leggett, Miami (FL), Jr

22. Sammie Stroughter, Oregon State, Jr

23. Rudy Burgess, Arizona State, Jr

24. Keenan Burton, Kentucky, Jr

25. Malcolm Kelly, Oklahoma, So

*Could leave early

What are the chances Peterson stays a year to prove that he can stay healthy on what should be a national title contender at OK next year?

What are the chances Peterson stays a year to prove that he can stay healthy on what should be a national title contender at OK next year?
It has been a foregone conclusion since before the first game that Peterson was gone after this year. He has a family (child) that he feels he must support. Even the most ardent of OU fans would tell you he is gone.

Updated listUnderclassmen WRs:1. Calvin Johnson, Georgia Tech, Jr*2. Dwayne Jarrett, USC, Jr*3. Sidney Rice, South Carolina, So*4. Ted Ginn Jr, OSU, Jr*5. Mario Manningham, Michgan, So6. DeSean Jackson, Cal, So7. Robert Meachem, Tennessee, Jr*8. Limas Sweed, Texas, Jr*9. Anthony Gonzalez, Ohio State, Jr*10. Early Doucet, LSU, Jr*11. D.J. Hall, Alabama, Jr*12. Dorien Bryant, Wake Forest, Jr*13. Adarius Bowman, Oklahoma State, Jr*14. Marcus Monk, Arkansas, Jr*15. James Hardy, Indiana, So16. Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt, So17. Derrick Williams, Penn State, So18. Mario Urrutia, Louisville, Jr19. Greg Carr, FSU, So20. Todd Blythe, Iowa State, Jr21. Lance Leggett, Miami (FL), Jr22. Sammie Stroughter, Oregon State, Jr23. Rudy Burgess, Arizona State, Jr24. Keenan Burton, Kentucky, Jr25. Malcolm Kelly, Oklahoma, So
Urrutia and Hardy are both 3rd year sophs, although both are leaning towards staying in school.

Updated list

Underclassmen QBs:

2. Chad Henne, Michigan, Jr

3. John David Booty, USC, Jr

4. Colt Brennan, Hawaii, Jr*

5. Sam Keller, Nebraska, Sn

6. Rudy Carpenter, Arizona State, So

7. Matt Ryan, BC, Jr

8. Eric Ainge, Tennessee, Jr

9. Matt Flynn, LSU, Jr

10. Graham Harrell, Texas Tech, So

Underclassmen RBs:

1. Darren McFadden, Arkansas, So

2. Steve Slaton, West Virginia, So

3. James Davis, Clemson, So

4. P.J. Hill, Wisconsin, Fr (redshirt)

5. Michael Hart, Michigan, Jr

6. Antonio Pittman, Ohio State, Jr*

7. Ray Rice, Rutgers, So

8. Jonathan Stewart, Oregon, So

9. Jamaal Charles, Texas, So

10. Andre Brown, North Carolina State, So

11. Albert Young, Iowa, Jr*

12. Thomas Brown, Georgia, Jr

13. Ahmad Bradshaw, Marshall, Jr*

14. Felix Jones, Arkansas, So

15. Ian Johnson, Boise State, So

16. Ryan Torian, Arizona State, Jr

17. Lynell Hamilton, San Diego State, Jr*

18. BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Ole Miss, Jr

19. Yvenson Bernard, Oregon State, Jr

20. Brandon Ore, Virginia Tech, Fr (redshirt)

Underclassmen WRs:

1. Ted Ginn Jr, OSU, Jr*

2. Mario Manningham, Michgan, So

3. DeSean Jackson, Cal, So

4. Limas Sweed, Texas, Jr*

5. Marcus Monk, Arkansas, Jr

6. Early Doucet, LSU, Jr*

7. D.J. Hall, Alabama, Jr*

8. Adarius Bowman, Oklahoma State, Jr

9. Dorien Bryant, Wake Forest, Jr*

10. James Hardy, Indiana, So

11. Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt, So

12. Derrick Williams, Penn State, So

13. Andre Caldwell, Florida, Jr

14. Malcolm Kelly, Oklahoma, So

15. Mario Urrutia, Louisville, Jr

16. Keenan Burton, Kentucky, Jr

17. Greg Carr, FSU, So

18. Lance Leggett, Miami (FL), Jr

19. Rudy Burgess, Arizona State, Jr

20. Todd Blythe, Iowa State, Jr

*Could leave in 2007

Amazing RB class if these Sophmores/Freshmen come out early.

aposulli said:
Aaron Brown, So, TCU? He's going to be very good with Hobbs out of the way. I rank him just behind Ian Johnson and Ray Rice, but very much in their class.

aposulli said:
Aaron Brown, So, TCU? He's going to be very good with Hobbs out of the way. I rank him just behind Ian Johnson and Ray Rice, but very much in their class.
There are definitly some guys I left off this list that deserve to be at least ranked, including he and Tyrell Sutton (Northwestern)

aposulli said:
There are definitly some guys I left off this list that deserve to be at least ranked, including he and Tyrell Sutton (Northwestern)
What do you think about the Kentucky QB Woodson?

who would you rather have.. ray rice or marcus monk?

i have the first pick in a dev system...

felix joines

cj spiller

who's the best wr left in college for the 2008 draft?

who would you rather have.. ray rice or marcus monk?i have the first pick in a dev system... felix joinescj spillerwho's the best wr left in college for the 2008 draft?
Nice Bump :ph34r: Between Rice and Monk, I suppose it matters what position is a bigger need... I think Monk will have a great pro career while I'm not totally sold on Rice yet.Jones/Spiller, close, but Spiller is a year later than Jones, so I'd go with Jones I guess. Chris Wells availble?Mario Manningham hands down (see next post)

QBs

Brian Brohm, Louisville, Sn

Colt Brennan, Hawaii, Sn

Chad Henne, Michigan, Sn

John David Booty, USC, Sn

Sam Keller, Nebraska, Sn

Bobby Reid, Oklahoma State, Jr*

Rudy Carpenter, Arizona State, Jr*

Graham Harrell, Texas Tech, Jr*

Matt Ryan, BC, Sn

Eric Ainge, Tennessee, Sn

Nate Longshore, Cal, Jr*

Matt Flynn, LSU, Sn

Andre Woodson, Kentucky, Sn

Chase Holbrook, New Mexico State, Jr*

Hunter Cantwell, Louisville, Jr*

Drew Weatherford, FSU, Jr*

Ricky Santos, UNH, Sn

Brett Meyer, Iowa State, Sn

Kyle Wright, Miami (FL), Sn

J.P. Wilson, Alabama, Jr*

Brandon Cox, Auburn, Sn

Curtis Painter, Purdue, Jr*

Ben Olson, UCLA, Jr*

Mike Teel, Rutgers, Jr*

Chase Daniel, Missouri, Jr*

Dennis Dixon, Oregon, Sn

Pat White, West Virginia, Jr*

RBs

Darren McFadden, Arkansas, Jr*

Steve Slaton, West Virginia, Jr*

Michael Hart, Michigan, Sn

James Davis, Clemson, Jr*

Jamaal Charles, Texas, Jr*

Jonathan Stewart, Oregon, Jr*

P.J. Hill, Wisconsin, So*

Ray Rice, Rutgers, Jr*

Ian Johnson, Boise State, Jr*

Felix Jones, Arkansas, Jr*

Allen Patrick, Oklahoma, Sn

Lynell Hamilton, San Diego State, Sn

Yvenson Bernard, Oregon State, Sn

Ryan Torian, Arizona State, Sn

Albert Young, Iowa, Sn

BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Ole Miss, Sn

Brandon Ore, Virginia Tech, So*

Aaron Brown, TCU, Jr*

Tashard Choice, Georgia Tech, Sn

Kory Sheets, Purdue, Jr*

Alley Broussard, LSU, Sn

Tyrell Sutton, Northwestern, Jr*

Marlon Lucky, Nebraska, Sn

Andre Brown, North Carolina State, Jr*

Jorvorskie Lane, Texas A&M, Jr*

Thomas Brown, Georgia, Sn

Cory Boyd, South Carolina, Sn

Justin Forsett, Cal, Sn

Andre Callender, BC, Sn

L.V. Whitworth, BC, Sn

Rafael Little, Kentucky, Sn

WRs

Mario Manningham, Michigan, Jr*

Marcus Monk, Arkansas, Sn

Limas Sweed, Texas, Sn

DeSean Jackson, Cal, Jr*

Malcolm Kelly, Oklahoma, Jr*

D.J. Hall, Alabama, Sn

Dorien Bryant, Wake Forest, Sn

Adarius Bowman, Oklahoma State, Sn

Todd Blythe, Iowa State, Sn

Early Doucet, LSU, Sn

Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt, Jr*

Derrick Williams, Penn State, Jr*

Andre Caldwell, Florida, Sn

Mario Urrutia, Louisville, Sn

Maurice Purify, Nebraska, Sn

James Hardy, Indiana, Jr*

Eddie Royal, Virginia Tech, Sn

Lance Leggett, Miami (FL), Sn

Derek Kinder, Pittsburgh, Sn

Sammie Stroughter, Oregon State, Sn

Greg Carr, FSU, Jr*

Keenan Burton, Kentucky, Sn

Ernie Wheelright, Minnesota, Sn

Juaquin Iglesias, Oklahoma, Jr*

Davone Bess, Hawaii, Jr*

Brian Robiskie, Ohio State, Jr*

Jason Williams, Oregon, Jr*

Dicky Lyons, Kentucky, Jr*

*Potential Early Entrants

...feel free to throw some more names into the hat!

QBsWRsMario Manningham, Michigan, JrMarcus Monk, Arkansas, SnLimas Sweed, Texas, SnDeSean Jackson, Cal, JrD.J. Hall, Alabama, SnDorien Bryant, Wake Forest, SnAdarius Bowman, Oklahoma State, SnEarly Doucet, LSU, SnEarl Bennett, Vanderbilt, JrDerrick Williams, Penn State, JrMario Urrutia, Louisville, SnJames Hardy, Indiana, JrTodd Blythe, Iowa State, SnLance Leggett, Miami (FL), SnSammie Stroughter, Oregon State, SnGreg Carr, FSU, JrKeenan Burton, Kentucky, SnMalcolm Kelly, Oklahoma, Jr
Next year's WR group is looking pretty tough. Lance Leggett is a good sleeper from that bunch. He looked like a beast coming out of high school. Miami hasn't utilized him well, but is that really a surprise? They haven't utilized anyone well lately. As for a deep sleeper?Sean Bailey from Georgia. He was another top prospect coming out of high school, but injuries and a weak Georgia offense have held him in check. If he can bounce back from an ACL injury then he could emerge as a surprise draft prospect next season. His dad, Stacy Bailey, was a WR in the NFL.

who would you rather have.. ray rice or marcus monk?i have the first pick in a dev system... felix joinescj spillerwho's the best wr left in college for the 2008 draft?
Nice Bump :bag: Between Rice and Monk, I suppose it matters what position is a bigger need... I think Monk will have a great pro career while I'm not totally sold on Rice yet.Jones/Spiller, close, but Spiller is a year later than Jones, so I'd go with Jones I guess. Chris Wells availble?Mario Manningham hands down (see next post)
thanks.. i already have wells... saw him coming last year...lol.... i chose devine over mcknight and taylor last year too...so, mannigham over rice eh?..

I noticed Marlon Lucky's (RB, Nebraska) mentioned a few times in this thread and would like to hear more about him from anyone who's been following his career. I know he was an elite recruit out of HS, but he seems to been having a hard time taking/hanging on to the starting spot. Anyone have feedback on this?

I noticed Marlon Lucky's (RB, Nebraska) mentioned a few times in this thread and would like to hear more about him from anyone who's been following his career. I know he was an elite recruit out of HS, but he seems to been having a hard time taking/hanging on to the starting spot. Anyone have feedback on this?
I watched him play in high school and besides his speed it was his hands that stood out for me - he catches the ball effortlessly. I've been surprised to see him take so long to develop at Nebraska and that he wasn't able to beat out Brandon Jackson last year. They both rushed for over 5 YPC and Lucky was the 3rd leading receiver on the team with 32 catches. With Brandon Jackson declaring for the draft, 2007 should be a breakout year for Lucky.

Just looked at highlights of all the RB's(via youtube)

-Steve Slaton is the clearcut #1 guy-he has more speed than anyone, can juke and has a thick lower body

-McFadden seems stiff but can still turn the corner but has some power at times(think he could get hit alot in the NFL without agility)

-Ray Rice doesn't have the speed, however with RBBC he can suceed.

-I like James Davis he has all the tools except unbelievable speed like the first two.

-We will learn more about Jamaal Charles this season but he has amazing tools(pretty light though)

Users who are viewing this thread