What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 Every Down Linebacker Thread (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld

Coach Raheem Morris confirmed that MLB Mason Foster will remain a three-down linebacker even when SLB Quincy Black (ankle) returns.Foster has seized control of the Bucs' defense, compiling 15 tackles and two sacks over the last two weeks. He'll stick as the middle linebacker on nickel downs. Black had previously been playing the middle in passing situations. He'll remain the starter at strong-side linebacker for the rest of the season.

**Marking DeMeco Ryans as injured for the purposes of this list. Still think his absence from subpackages is a temporary thing.

**Jovan Belcher took many subpackage snaps Sunday, as the Chiefs morphed to a 2-4-5 package. Not convinced that sticks, but it's worth noting.

**Daryl Washington returned to play, but only in nickel packages. He looked healthy enough to be an every-down player this week.

**Thomas Williams joined James Anderson on passing downs as expected.

**Jo-Lonn Dunbar played every down replacing Jon Vilma.

**Leroy Hill and Matt McCoy were the first team nickel backers early in the game. David Hawthorne joined Hill after McCoy went out with a head injury.

**The Bucs are saying that Mason Foster will remain an every-down backer ahead of Quincy Black permanently.

**Leroy Hill and Matt McCoy were the first team nickel backers early in the game. David Hawthorne joined Hill after McCoy went out with a head injury.
hill's numbers reflect anything noteworthy? pretty surprising stat line after two very meh weeks.

hill's numbers reflect anything noteworthy? pretty surprising stat line after two very meh weeks.
I don't think so. Hill has always been an underrated, though inconsistent fantasy player when he gets these every-down chances. He's not Sean Weatherspoon, but he's a bit above the level of a Keith Rivers or Justin Durant matchup LB3.

**Daryl Washington returned to play, but only in nickel packages. He looked healthy enough to be an every-down player this week.
Does this mean he looks like he was healthy enough to play every down this week and they choose not to play them, or are you saying he looked healthier and should be an every down player this week? Thanks!

Does this mean he looks like he was healthy enough to play every down this week and they choose not to play them, or are you saying he looked healthier and should be an every down player this week? Thanks!
He looked much better than I expected and I think he'll be back playing every-down this week.

He looked much better than I expected and I think he'll be back playing every-down this week.
Whew! Thanks! :thumbup:

I don't think so. Hill has always been an underrated, though inconsistent fantasy player when he gets these every-down chances. He's not Sean Weatherspoon, but he's a bit above the level of a Keith Rivers or Justin Durant matchup LB3.
Is this role change going to stick?

Is this role change going to stick?
I'm not comfortable saying anything will stick long term right now. It certainly looks like the coaches decided that Hill was the best option as the nickel OLB after Curry was benched. But they've had nice things to say about Wright and it's possible that Hawthorne could force a change in the depth chart (moving McCoy to nickel OLB), too.I think Hill is an every-down OLB this week, but I wouldn't trust him to stay there for the rest of the season.

**Marking DeMeco Ryans as injured for the purposes of this list. Still think his absence from subpackages is a temporary thing.**Jovan Belcher took many subpackage snaps Sunday, as the Chiefs morphed to a 2-4-5 package. Not convinced that sticks, but it's worth noting.**Daryl Washington returned to play, but only in nickel packages. He looked healthy enough to be an every-down player this week.**Thomas Williams joined James Anderson on passing downs as expected.**Jo-Lonn Dunbar played every down replacing Jon Vilma.**Leroy Hill and Matt McCoy were the first team nickel backers early in the game. David Hawthorne joined Hill after McCoy went out with a head injury.**The Bucs are saying that Mason Foster will remain an every-down backer ahead of Quincy Black permanently.
Watched the San Diego side of this game a little more closely this morning while scouting the Chiefs' RBs. Didn't notice before, but Donald Butler was replaced by Na'il Diggs in nickel packages. Butler struggled some against New England -- what linebacker hasn't against those tight ends -- and I'm not certain Diggs can hold up much better, but it's definitely worth noting for now.

'Jene Bramel said:
**Marking DeMeco Ryans as injured for the purposes of this list. Still think his absence from subpackages is a temporary thing.**Jovan Belcher took many subpackage snaps Sunday, as the Chiefs morphed to a 2-4-5 package. Not convinced that sticks, but it's worth noting.**Daryl Washington returned to play, but only in nickel packages. He looked healthy enough to be an every-down player this week.**Thomas Williams joined James Anderson on passing downs as expected.**Jo-Lonn Dunbar played every down replacing Jon Vilma.**Leroy Hill and Matt McCoy were the first team nickel backers early in the game. David Hawthorne joined Hill after McCoy went out with a head injury.**The Bucs are saying that Mason Foster will remain an every-down backer ahead of Quincy Black permanently.
Watched the San Diego side of this game a little more closely this morning while scouting the Chiefs' RBs. Didn't notice before, but Donald Butler was replaced by Na'il Diggs in nickel packages. Butler struggled some against New England -- what linebacker hasn't against those tight ends -- and I'm not certain Diggs can hold up much better, but it's definitely worth noting for now.

I'm curious as to what constitutes a small number of plays with regards to the * next to Javon Belcher, I,ve seen a play chart (who's accuracy I'm not certain about) that shows him sitting around %40 of the defensive snaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious as to what constitutes a small number of plays with regards to the * next to Javon Belcher, I,ve seen a play chart (who's accuracy I'm not certain about) that shows him sitting around %40 of the defensive snaps?
Generally speaking, a player without an asterisk can be expected to play at least 80% of his team's snap on any given week, in any given scenario. A player with an asterisk can be assumed to play 60-80% of his team's snaps more often than not and has a role in at least one of his team's major subpackages. Some guys, like Belcher and Ryans and Farrior are kind of pushing the limits of the asterisk right now, but those players usually get a clarification in their status with a note in the weekly post I make.

Generally speaking, a player without an asterisk can be expected to play at least 80% of his team's snap on any given week, in any given scenario. A player with an asterisk can be assumed to play 60-80% of his team's snaps more often than not and has a role in at least one of his team's major subpackages. Some guys, like Belcher and Ryans and Farrior are kind of pushing the limits of the asterisk right now, but those players usually get a clarification in their status with a note in the weekly post I make.
Thank's for the clarification good to know the parameter's.

Man, this is a great thread of information. :D

I'll second the analysis of Leroy Hill given by the above posters/Bramel. Hill cannot be counted upon to remain on the field across downs consistently. The team mixes and matches and has been doing that in part due to injury and in part due to ineffectiveness. The best cover LBs will play in the sub-packages and that can change week to week. The team is high enough on KJ Wright that he can play in Hawthorne's spot or Curry's (old) spot. Hill is on the field a lot this year almost by default. Heater (Hawthorne) has been banged up. Curry has not impressed in coverage, though the team still likes his 'potential' there. McCoy is basically this year's version of Wil Herring. It's entirely possible the sub-package guys change weekly throughout the season.

The only thing certain is that Hawthorne is the MLB when healthy and Hill can play either OLB spot.

Injuries have really clouded the issue thus far, as well as the team creating 'competition'. So far, only Hill has been (relatively) unaffected by said 'competition'. All that said I wouldn't want Hill as more than a LB3/LB4 at best. Injuries have been a major concern with him, too, so use that roster spot at your own risk. ;)

OK, so with Beason and Davis both on IR, the Carolina LBs are Jason Williams, Connor, and Anderson. The nickel LBs are Anderson and Thomas Williams. Is there any chance that Jason Williams or Connor works their way into third down packages? Injuries or no injuries. If not, are both of those guys just match-up plays as 2 down base LBs? I like them both, but I can see where Connor might have 2 solos one week and 5 to 7 the next, depending on who they are playing. Does Connor just suck in coverage so bad that he'll never get a chance at it? I don't know much about Jason Williams yet and don't know what to think about him. And I definitely don't know anything about Thomas Williams, the new nickel LB. Why does he get that role?

I read Foster will be 3 down backer when a middle linebacker is used, but does that mean he will be on the field on all 3 downs? Do they use a MLB that consistently? Do they stay in Tampa 2 on 3rd down?

From Rotoworld.

Coach Raheem Morris confirmed that MLB Mason Foster will remain a three-down linebacker even when SLB Quincy Black (ankle) returns.

Foster has seized control of the Bucs' defense, compiling 15 tackles and two sacks over the last two weeks. He'll stick as the middle linebacker on nickel downs. Black had previously been playing the middle in passing situations. He'll remain the starter at strong-side linebacker for the rest of the season. Sep 26 - 12:29 PM

I read that as all 3 downs. It also states he's wearing the communicator. I'm expecting he's every down now.

I'm also curious about Jason Williams in Car, I took notice of him last year where he had a few good games before getting injured. Last week I added him to my bench, and he did well again.

With EJ Henderson out this week, or playing very little, I have to decide between Williams and Jo-Lonn Dunbar. I'm not asking who to start, but seeking a little info on Vilma too. Great thread by the way, Kudos.

'Packerz said:
I'm also curious about Jason Williams in Car, I took notice of him last year where he had a few good games before getting injured. Last week I added him to my bench, and he did well again.With EJ Henderson out this week, or playing very little, I have to decide between Williams and Jo-Lonn Dunbar. I'm not asking who to start, but seeking a little info on Vilma too. Great thread by the way, Kudos.
I followed him since he was in Chicago and now that he's WLB (Anderson to SLB last week) could be decent.

I read Foster will be 3 down backer when a middle linebacker is used, but does that mean he will be on the field on all 3 downs? Do they use a MLB that consistently? Do they stay in Tampa 2 on 3rd down?
There are still some Tampa-2 concepts on passing downs. Because the T2 requires a good coverage MLB on base downs, it's rare to see a team that plays a Tampa-2 use a MLB that can't cover and play in subpackages.
'Packerz said:
I'm also curious about Jason Williams in Car, I took notice of him last year where he had a few good games before getting injured. Last week I added him to my bench, and he did well again.
Williams has flashed good all-around play since he's been in the league -- mostly during the preseason, but also in his shots as a starter. He's capable of playing every down. He's also had durability issues.

OK, so with Beason and Davis both on IR, the Carolina LBs are Jason Williams, Connor, and Anderson. The nickel LBs are Anderson and Thomas Williams. Is there any chance that Jason Williams or Connor works their way into third down packages? Injuries or no injuries. If not, are both of those guys just match-up plays as 2 down base LBs? I like them both, but I can see where Connor might have 2 solos one week and 5 to 7 the next, depending on who they are playing. Does Connor just suck in coverage so bad that he'll never get a chance at it? I don't know much about Jason Williams yet and don't know what to think about him. And I definitely don't know anything about Thomas Williams, the new nickel LB. Why does he get that role?
from yahooThe Panthers have sustained some major injuries at linebacker, losing Jon Beason and Thomas Davis for the season.Jason Williams is starting for Davis on the weak side, while Dan Connor is starting in the middle. Jason Williams is serving in sub packages alongside regular starting strong side linebacker James Anderson.Veteran Omar Gaither is also seeing action but in a reserve role."Thomas Williams and Jason Williams give us a great combination of guys with specific and individual abilities," coach Ron Rivera said. "Jason was very stout and physical at the point of attack. He played downhill and made some really good tackles on Maurice Jones-Drew, which is not easy thing."Jason Williams was proud of his effort in his first game since tearing his ACL last December after two starts with the Panthers."No one's going to play a perfect game, and I made a few mistakes out there, but for it to be my first start, I was pleased with the performance," Williams said. "I'm going to use that to build toward next week."

There are still some Tampa-2 concepts on passing downs. Because the T2 requires a good coverage MLB on base downs, it's rare to see a team that plays a Tampa-2 use a MLB that can't cover and play in subpackages.
'Packerz said:
Williams has flashed good all-around play since he's been in the league -- mostly during the preseason, but also in his shots as a starter. He's capable of playing every down. He's also had durability issues.
Thanks. I see Woodyard playing a lot of WLB with Williams on the strong side. They may be playing right ahd left too but I'd like to see a breakdown on where they, Miller and Mays played.

How entrenched is Kavell Conner as the everydown WLB in Indy?

After his 14 solo-tackle performance last night, does Ernie Sims still pose a threat to his nickle snaps when he is healthy.

They say Aaron Curry is being demoted for rookie KJ Wright at WILL. Any chance Wright gets a 3-down role? Or is it LB by committee at every spot in Seattle now?
:popcorn:
I can make a case for Wright, Curry or Hawthorne to play every-down. My guess is that it's none of the above, but I'd handicap it as 30% Wright, 20% Hawthorne, 5% Curry.
I saw a lot of Curry on Sunday vs. the Falcons. I'm curious to know how the snaps broke down.

On vacation with the family this week and a cruddy internet connection has me struggling (Game Rewind essentially unusuable due to buffering issues), but here's what I've been able to piece together...

**Wes Woodyard in subpackages with DJ Williams, Joe Mays to bench.

**DeMeco Ryans still sitting as Texans continue to use dime.

**Kavell Conner cleaning up underneath in the nickel, but Ernie Sims returning to practice this week. We'll see how that plays out with Conner/Angerer.

**Would guess that Gary Guyton gets an every-down role this week, but there's no guarantee he plays ahead of Dane Fletcher in the base in the longer term. Also doubt that Brandon Spikes plays every down any time soon.

**Would think that James Farrior goes back to every down play with Harrison out and Timmons moving outside. Foote could be an every-down player, too, but Stevenson Sylvester (or Jason Worilds when healthy) may shuffle that plan in time.

**Na'il Diggs continues to play ahead of Donald Butler in nickel.

**Will Witherspoon was every-down player with Gerald McRath inactive last week.

**Omar Gaither replaced Jason Williams early in last week's game. Can't find anything that suggests injury to Williams. Gaither didn't play in nickel.

**Erin Henderson played over EJ Henderson in nickel last week with EJ fighting through a sore knee.

**Jon Vilma returned to his usual every-down role, with Dunbar playing in the base mostly.

**Brian Rolle joined Jamar Chaney in the nickel.

**David Hawthorne is again an every-down player with Matt McCoy on IR.

On vacation with the family this week and a cruddy internet connection has me struggling (Game Rewind essentially unusuable due to buffering issues), but here's what I've been able to piece together...**Wes Woodyard in subpackages with DJ Williams, Joe Mays to bench.**DeMeco Ryans still sitting as Texans continue to use dime.**Kavell Conner cleaning up underneath in the nickel, but Ernie Sims returning to practice this week. We'll see how that plays out with Conner/Angerer.**Would guess that Gary Guyton gets an every-down role this week, but there's no guarantee he plays ahead of Dane Fletcher in the base in the longer term. Also doubt that Brandon Spikes plays every down any time soon.**Would think that James Farrior goes back to every down play with Harrison out and Timmons moving outside. Foote could be an every-down player, too, but Stevenson Sylvester (or Jason Worilds when healthy) may shuffle that plan in time.**Na'il Diggs continues to play ahead of Donald Butler in nickel.**Will Witherspoon was every-down player with Gerald McRath inactive last week.**Omar Gaither replaced Jason Williams early in last week's game. Can't find anything that suggests injury to Williams. Gaither didn't play in nickel.**Erin Henderson played over EJ Henderson in nickel last week with EJ fighting through a sore knee.**Jon Vilma returned to his usual every-down role, with Dunbar playing in the base mostly.**Brian Rolle joined Jamar Chaney in the nickel.**David Hawthorne is again an every-down player with Matt McCoy on IR.
Thanks for the updates. Are you certain about Brian Rolle playing in the Nickel? I saw him come off the field an awful lot re-watching that game last night.

On vacation with the family this week and a cruddy internet connection has me struggling (Game Rewind essentially unusuable due to buffering issues), but here's what I've been able to piece together...**Wes Woodyard in subpackages with DJ Williams, Joe Mays to bench.**DeMeco Ryans still sitting as Texans continue to use dime.**Kavell Conner cleaning up underneath in the nickel, but Ernie Sims returning to practice this week. We'll see how that plays out with Conner/Angerer.**Would guess that Gary Guyton gets an every-down role this week, but there's no guarantee he plays ahead of Dane Fletcher in the base in the longer term. Also doubt that Brandon Spikes plays every down any time soon.**Would think that James Farrior goes back to every down play with Harrison out and Timmons moving outside. Foote could be an every-down player, too, but Stevenson Sylvester (or Jason Worilds when healthy) may shuffle that plan in time.**Na'il Diggs continues to play ahead of Donald Butler in nickel.**Will Witherspoon was every-down player with Gerald McRath inactive last week.**Omar Gaither replaced Jason Williams early in last week's game. Can't find anything that suggests injury to Williams. Gaither didn't play in nickel.**Erin Henderson played over EJ Henderson in nickel last week with EJ fighting through a sore knee.**Jon Vilma returned to his usual every-down role, with Dunbar playing in the base mostly.**Brian Rolle joined Jamar Chaney in the nickel.**David Hawthorne is again an every-down player with Matt McCoy on IR.
Thanks for the updates. Are you certain about Brian Rolle playing in the Nickel? I saw him come off the field an awful lot re-watching that game last night.
I'm pretty sure I saw him playing in nickel, but he not in the dime. Not sure how many snaps that was, but definitely needs an asterisk in the initial post. I'll try to watch more closely this weekend when I get back to my usual setup. Thanks for catching that.

I'm pretty sure I saw him playing in nickel, but he not in the dime. Not sure how many snaps that was, but definitely needs an asterisk in the initial post. I'll try to watch more closely this weekend when I get back to my usual setup. Thanks for catching that.
Rolle had been playing in a number of nickel packages early in the season. His playing time grew in that role every week due to his athleticism according to the media (from coach-speak). He was replacing Mathews on most passing downs. Since Mathews has been awful they benched him in favor of Rolle which we all know. I can't see them removing him from the nickel just to play base downs if he was their better nickel back to begin with. This is just a guess as I didn't get a chance to see the game last week. I will be watching it this week and will let you know what I see.

Rolle had been playing in a number of nickel packages early in the season. His playing time grew in that role every week due to his athleticism according to the media (from coach-speak). He was replacing Mathews on most passing downs. Since Mathews has been awful they benched him in favor of Rolle which we all know. I can't see them removing him from the nickel just to play base downs if he was their better nickel back to begin with. This is just a guess as I didn't get a chance to see the game last week. I will be watching it this week and will let you know what I see.
Quick question on Rolle, can someone confirm if he's playing the WLB or SLB spot regularly? Obviously, I'll review depth charts but you all know how those can be. Thanks!

Quick question on Rolle, can someone confirm if he's playing the WLB or SLB spot regularly? Obviously, I'll review depth charts but you all know how those can be. Thanks!
WLB

This list continues to thin every week.

**The Bills used a combination of players with Chris Kelsay out. Danny Batten and Arthur Moats primarily, but neither will have a great snap count, particularly against teams with fewer spread sets than PHI.

**The Broncos rotated Von Miller out of the base defense often last week.

**Brooks Reed played every down after Mario Williams left with injury. There's a scenario in which DeMeco Ryans returns to an every-down role, but it can't be counted on.

**Ernie Sims replaced Kavell Conner in the nickel.

**The Patriots went to a mix of 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 concepts this week. Both Gary Guyton and Brandon Spikes stayed on the field every down.

**The Steelers played dime last week, with Larry Foote coming off the field.

**Omar Gaither started the game playing every down, then got injured. With Thomas Williams inactive, Jason Williams went from odd man way down the depth chart to every-down WLB. I'd bet that Thomas makes the active list this week, but we'll see.

Is Paris Lenon really still playing 3 downs? His stats/tackles are way down the last 3 games.
Yes, he has been. I haven't watched him closely, but it's probably a combination of good play from Daryl Washington and maybe some ongoing struggles with the ankle thing that limited him awhile back. He's also not a great player, who's now 33 years old. I know that didn't impact things much over the past couple of seasons, but it's still an issue.

anything to see in KJ Wright that the job is all his now? there are a few weeks that if you combine curry/wright's stats the numbers didn't look to bad. and if Wright is better than Curry those numbers could/would be better?

'ninerfanatic492000 said:
anything to see in KJ Wright that the job is all his now? there are a few weeks that if you combine curry/wright's stats the numbers didn't look to bad. and if Wright is better than Curry those numbers could/would be better?
Could be, but I'm not expecting too much. He's been decent enough against the run. Will have a fair amount of competition for tackles, too. Maybe a matchup LB4 unless he gets some subpackage snaps at some point.

Forgot to update this on Monday afternoon.

**Kelvin Sheppard moves into the starting lineup over Andra Davis. He saw time in the spare nickel package or three the Bills used last week, but shouldn't yet be considered an every-down player.

**Brandon Johnson replaced Dan Skuta in nickel packages with Rey Maualuga out.

**Will Witherspoon played every down in Week 5 despite the return of Gerald McRath to the active list. We'll see if that continues in Week 7.

**The Panthers are tinkering with a 3-4 front and Thomas Williams isn't yet cleared to practice, but Jason Williams has a marginal shot at nickel duty this week.

**EJ Henderson was back in the nickel last week.

**The Rams played more nickel than usual, but Chris Chamberlain was still sitting in many passing situations.

**Leroy Hill was benched in some nickel situations for Aaron Curry in Week 5 late in the game. It's possible that KJ Wright gets coached into the nickel OLB role in the bye week, but difficult to say for certain.

**The Bucs used a dime package they hadn't used much since the preseason and it cost Geno Hayes snaps in Week 6. Quincy Black, after Mason Foster left with injury, was the lone LB on the field then. Adam Hayward was in the middle and not in any subpackages after Foster left in the second half.

Forgot to update this on Monday afternoon.**Kelvin Sheppard moves into the starting lineup over Andra Davis. He saw time in the spare nickel package or three the Bills used last week, but shouldn't yet be considered an every-down player.**Brandon Johnson replaced Dan Skuta in nickel packages with Rey Maualuga out.**Will Witherspoon played every down in Week 5 despite the return of Gerald McRath to the active list. We'll see if that continues in Week 7.**The Panthers are tinkering with a 3-4 front and Thomas Williams isn't yet cleared to practice, but Jason Williams has a marginal shot at nickel duty this week.**EJ Henderson was back in the nickel last week.**The Rams played more nickel than usual, but Chris Chamberlain was still sitting in many passing situations.**Leroy Hill was benched in some nickel situations for Aaron Curry in Week 5 late in the game. It's possible that KJ Wright gets coached into the nickel OLB role in the bye week, but difficult to say for certain.**The Bucs used a dime package they hadn't used much since the preseason and it cost Geno Hayes snaps in Week 6. Quincy Black, after Mason Foster left with injury, was the lone LB on the field then. Adam Hayward was in the middle and not in any subpackages after Foster left in the second half.
thought Chamberlain had been playing nickel snaps before. Jene, do you think the packers O dictated things more or do they simply have someone else(better suited) for nickel? grasping for straws in deep leagueMFL has report of Jason Philips starting over Jason Williams. what i can read or infer from his time with ravens is he's a good thumper but incredibly slow in coverage. a good run defender on a bad run defense against a redskins team would prolly prefer John Beck not throw 1pass could be a good fillin. Thomas Williams still may be out so who knows who gets the nickel snaps.

'ninerfanatic492000 said:
Thought Chamberlain had been playing nickel snaps before. Jene, do you think the packers O dictated things more or do they simply have someone else(better suited) for nickel? grasping for straws in deep leagueMFL has report of Jason Philips starting over Jason Williams. what i can read or infer from his time with ravens is he's a good thumper but incredibly slow in coverage. a good run defender on a bad run defense against a redskins team would prolly prefer John Beck not throw 1pass could be a good fillin. Thomas Williams still may be out so who knows who gets the nickel snaps.
Thanks. Saw the Phillips news this morning. Thomas Williams is apparently cleared to play, but I don't think he practiced yesterday. We'll see what develops between the rotation, the 3-4 talk, etc. Not too high on Phillips, my thoughts mirror yours.Chamberlain has often gotten nickel snaps, but the Rams haven't played enough nickel since his injury early last year for it to be significant. He's a reasonable bye week LB4 in a deep league, but the next three weeks (DAL, NO, ARI) will be risky matchups for a team that likes to use lots of dime subpackages.

Why are Barrett Ruud's tackle numbers so low? I see that he sees a ton of snaps and is playing well according to what I've read. Seems like he would see every opportunity to start putting up better numbers, especially against a Houston team that will be relying primarily on its backs and linebackers.

Why are Barrett Ruud's tackle numbers so low? I see that he sees a ton of snaps and is playing well according to what I've read. Seems like he would see every opportunity to start putting up better numbers, especially against a Houston team that will be relying primarily on its backs and linebackers.
Ruud has had seven or more solos in three of his five weeks.In Week 2, he had just 35 tackle opportunities (17 rushing attempts against). Week 3 doesn't have as tidy an explanation, though the opportunity wasn't nearly as good as Weeks 1, 4 and 5. I think I remember noting and writing that he deserved 2-3 more solos than he was awarded, either because of stat crew decision or loss due to penalty. I've started using the term "compiler for guys like Ruud this year. It's another way of defining a guy who's not a sideline-to-sideline player, not a physical force inside the box, and at risk when there's marginal opportunity and/or surrounded by solid tacklers.

I have two questions:

1. Will DeAndre Levy continue with good performances? He have double digit tackles in last 3 games.

2. Will Elvis Dumervil become a productive player, or injury will leave a mark on him throughout the hole season?

Thank you for answer :)

Users who are viewing this thread