What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 Tampa Bay Rays thread (1 Viewer)

You need a guy to throw a shutout against the Royals in June? Price is your man.
:goodposting: Small Game Dave.
I've said it before...but he did get a win in Texas 2 weeks ago, and a win in Boston last Sept...so he's shown something recently at least.
He's now beaten CC, Verlander, and Holland...not sure who else. Bonfide stud...just needs a playoff start..

Gump - these uniforms look amazing, but 45 bucks for a hat? For real?
Yea....unfortunately the New Era 5950 was the only option doable in the timeframe they were given. There may be some more options next year though.The only jerseys at retail right now are the $300 authentics....there will be $80 replicas hitting stores late July.They did look pretty good on air!

You know, Joe Maddon is a great manager and all, but WTF is thinking leaving Farnsworth in there to walk 4 out of 5 batters? What's the hope by the time the 5th guy gets to the plate? Maybe he'll get lucky?

This team is bad enough as it is without Maddon costing them games.

You know, Joe Maddon is a great manager and all, but WTF is thinking leaving Farnsworth in there to walk 4 out of 5 batters?
No idea but thank God he did. I want to vomit thinking about getting swept down here.We are far from out of the woods though. Robertson has been hot and cold.

Well that's about as bad of a July loss as you can take. Instead of using McGee and Rodney who have been amazing, you let Farnsworth burn the stadium down by walking half the Yankees lineup.

No 3 game sweep, no getting back into the race, just one meaningless game they picked up out of 7 and a half.

Unreal. :hot:

Yea....hard to pin a ton on one game....but that completely killed out momentum, and will be a moment many point to if the team doesn't rebound from here.

Somehow a half game out of the playoffs despite an awful month and a half. They desperately need at least Joyce back. Doesn't look like Evan is in the cards much this year.

The famed SP could honesty be a little better too.

Not to be an ###, but does Pena really need to unbutton his shirt down to his abs? Respect the game a little bit, guy.

Probably should have traded Shields in the offseason. Wonder what he would fetch now. He still has a reasonable contract.

Liked seeing Jennings with 2 outs and bases loaded bring in some runs but I wish Shields didn't just give up their lead. :hot:

Last edited by a moderator:
Friedman, as good as he is has ignored trading some pitching for hitting for quite a while. This is what you get left with.

It's probably best to just pack it in for this year and trade Shields for some offense. Shame.

WTF is Matsui still with this team? I know Scott is on the DL, but they can do better with someone from Durham IMO.

WTF is Matsui still with this team? I know Scott is on the DL, but they can do better with someone from Durham IMO.
Seems like every year they hang on 20 games too long with some worthless POS. having him on the team really stings. Back to back 2-1 losses to Seattle. God.

Seems like every year they hang on 20 games too long with some worthless POS. having him on the team really stings. Back to back 2-1 losses to Seattle. God.
How did Matt Moore look? Line looks good. Hoping he can turn in a nice 2nd half.

'gump said:
So Longo and Scott may return this weekend, and Neimann late August....
What'd you hear about Longo? Last I read he was 'sore' after Monday, sat out Tues + Wed, then back into the lineup today. If he goes back to back will the Rays look at him Saturday?

Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the Red Sox have placed Carl Crawford on waivers.Obviously, he'll go through unclaimed, as no one will go near that contract. There's virtually no chance Crawford will be moved this month, as his fading production isn't very enticing even if the Sox agree to pick up a huge chunk of his salary.
How about trading BJ to Boston, they eat a virtual ton of Crawfords salary, and CC goes home? .

6-3 west coast road trip wasn't bad, but they are going back out west again pretty soon and I don't think they will be as successful. I really don't see Longo coming back and staying long.

What am I missing? Longo coming back to DH next week now?

Crazy moment with BJ hitting his 100th minutes after Justin.

What a staff....look out.

Not that it matters a lot, but Jeremy Hellickson looks like one of the most unpleasant guys in baseball.

:tebow:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120806&content_id=36220184&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

The Rays announced on Monday that third baseman Evan Longoria will be activated from the 60-day disabled list prior to Tuesday's series opener against the Blue Jays.

To make room on the active roster, infielder Will Rhymes was optioned to Triple-A Durham.

Longoria should provide a significant offensive boost for the Rays, who have been shut out over their last 21 innings.

Out since April 30 with a partially torn left hamstring, Longoria previously attempted a rehab assignment in June, but a setback sidelined him again. He started his second stint with Durham on July 26 and appeared in eight games, all as a designated hitter.

Longoria struggled at the plate, going 5-for-25 with seven walks and eight strikeouts, but tallied two hits on Sunday.

Manager Joe Maddon previously said that he will continue to use Longoria as a DH until the hamstring is fully healed. Maddon is concerned about overworking Longoria and does not expect him to play every day when he first comes back. In 23 games prior to the injury, Longoria was batting .329 with four homers and 19 RBIs. The team went 15-8 in those games but is 41-44 since.

Users who are viewing this thread