What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (1 Viewer)

Another Harvin trade:

Team A gave Harvin

Team B gave Mark Ingram
I can see moving Harvin if you really need the points to compete. I can see moving him at a discount. I bought at a discount in one league, might sell at a discount in another.

But this is silly. Just hold onto Harvin if all you can get is Ingram.
for a guy who has played 1 full season in 4 year...5 if you count this season and never having over 1000 yards receiving or more than 6 receiving TD's this guy gets a lot of love...
I guess it depends on your type of league. The ones that I play in also give points for rushing yards, all TDs and receptions. He's money!
not really...his career high in rushing is 345 and 2 TD he had a total of 683/4 rushing in his 4 year career....it helps but does not make him MONEY....mostly because he can't stay healthy

Another Harvin trade:

Team A gave Harvin

Team B gave Mark Ingram
I can see moving Harvin if you really need the points to compete. I can see moving him at a discount. I bought at a discount in one league, might sell at a discount in another.

for a guy who has played 1 full season in 4 year...5 if you count this season and never having over 1000 yards receiving or more than 6 receiving TD's this guy gets a lot of love...
I guess it depends on your type of league. The ones that I play in also give points for rushing yards, all TDs and receptions. He's money!
not really...his career high in rushing is 345 and 2 TD he had a total of 683/4 rushing in his 4 year career....it helps but does not make him MONEY....mostly because he can't stay healthy
You've obviously never owned him and are just opinionated. I'll let the back to back championships he's helped me win as my wr1 do the talking.

Another Harvin trade:

Team A gave Harvin

Team B gave Mark Ingram

It's not really a debate over production - it's the fact that it's just a lousy trade / lousy value.

Another Harvin trade:

Team A gave Harvin

Team B gave Mark Ingram

It's not really a debate over production - it's the fact that it's just a lousy trade / lousy value.
Production does have something to do with a players value....if Harvin was healthy I would agree....and I am not saying if I owned Harvin that I would trade him for Ingram I would not...i am just saying its has impacted his value.....

Another Harvin trade:

Team A gave Harvin

Team B gave Mark Ingram

I really don't understand why people frame him like this. Does your league ignore rushing production by WR's?

Some start-up trades. 14 team PPR.

Gave: 12.09, 2014 1st

Got: 2013 devy pick #6

Gave: 9.06, 10.09 (Jon Stewart, Andre Brown)

Got : 9.14, 10.01 (Martellus Bennett, Golden Tate)

Gave: 4.11 (Jason Witten)

Got: 5.05 (Mike Wallace), 2014 1st

NMTs

12 team ppr (different leagues)

Brees, Pierce, 2014 4th (early)

for

Rogers, Ingram, 2013 3rd (late)

Cierre Wood, Dennis Johnson, Ray Graham

for

Stephen Hill, Criner, Turbin

Tony Gonzalez

for

2 2014 3rds

Foster, Gonzalez

for

Lynch, 2014 2nd (early)

NMTs

12 team ppr (different leagues)

Brees, Pierce, 2014 4th (early)

for

Rogers, Ingram, 2013 3rd (late)

Cierre Wood, Dennis Johnson, Ray Graham

for

Stephen Hill, Criner, Turbin

Tony Gonzalez

for

2 2014 3rds

Foster, Gonzalez

for

Lynch, 2014 2nd (early)
Would prefer Rodgers side of the 1st one.

Seems like a lot to give up for the 3rd-5th string Houston RBs.

Gonzo deal depends on roster size and how competitive the team is.

Foster is worth at least Lynch and a 2nd by himself in PPR, no?

PatsWillWin said:
Yitbos69 said:
jwb said:
Another Harvin trade:

Team A gave Harvin

Team B gave Mark Ingram

I really don't understand why people frame him like this. Does your league ignore rushing production by WR's?
Like I said before he has less then 700 rushing yards in 4 seasons.....and with his current situation I don't see that number rising much in his 5th....he is over rated and has only produced once in 4 years.....once in 5 years if you count this year he will miss 12-14 games

PatsWillWin said:
Yitbos69 said:
jwb said:
Another Harvin trade:

Team A gave Harvin

Team B gave Mark Ingram

Like I said before he has less then 700 rushing yards in 4 seasons.....and with his current situation I don't see that number rising much in his 5th....he is over rated and has only produced once in 4 years.....once in 5 years if you count this year he will miss 12-14 games
Produced one season? You haven't done your homework. It's okay if you don't like him, but the things you're saying just aren't true.

PatsWillWin said:
Yitbos69 said:
jwb said:
Another Harvin trade:

Team A gave Harvin

Team B gave Mark Ingram

Produced one season? You haven't done your homework. It's okay if you don't like him, but the things you're saying just aren't true.
No I have.....he has one top ten season ......he has had one season with over 1000 YFS....never had more than 8 total td's...his 2nd best season was 975YFS and 6 total td's..what have I said tat is untrue? Dude is overrated...not talent wise....but when you factor in the FACT that he can't stay on he field....

PatsWillWin said:
Yitbos69 said:
jwb said:
Another Harvin trade:

Team A gave Harvin

Team B gave Mark Ingram

No I have.....he has one top ten season ......he has had one season with over 1000 YFS....never had more than 8 total td's...his 2nd best season was 975YFS and 6 total td's..what have I said tat is untrue? Dude is overrated...not talent wise....but when you factor in the FACT that he can't stay on he field....
Again, you've obviously never had him on your team. He wins you games because he's a wr, rb, and returner. Also, last year was the only time he's missed a signifcant amount of games due to a high ankle sprain. If he's injury prone, then so is Megatron.

PatsWillWin said:
Yitbos69 said:
jwb said:
Another Harvin trade:

Team A gave Harvin

Team B gave Mark Ingram

Again, you've obviously never had him on your team. He wins you games because he's a wr, rb, and returner. Also, last year was the only time he's missed a signifcant amount of games due to a high ankle sprain. If he's injury prone, then so is Megatron.
There is no point arguing with the anti-Harvin people. Here is why

He can't be elite he never put up 1000 yards receiving in a season, but they fail to remember that countless of elite receivers never put up 1000 yards in the first 2 years of their careers. Dez Bryant, Marvin Harrison, Roddy White and the list goes on and on.

He has only 1 top 10 finish in his career, but his career is only 4 years old and most receivers don't come blazing out of the gate their first 2 years. I stated this above. Every year people keep track of 3rd year receivers because we believe to be the break out year, I don't have the time to figure out if the stats back it up, all Harvin did in his third year was put up 1300 yards and 8 touchdowns, and his 4th year he was well on his way to at least repeating those numbers when his season ended with a high ankle sprain. Also a fairly common injury.

He is injury prone, but he only missed 3 games his first 3 years due to migraines which are a thing of the past, the high ankle sprain can really happen to anyone at anytime. However, I will concede with this latest hip injury that he is starting to look the part of an injury prone receiver but the people that were crying this before the hip injury had no justification for saying it. They may have come to the right conclusion but it was by dumb luck.

PatsWillWin said:
Yitbos69 said:
jwb said:
Another Harvin trade:

Team A gave Harvin

Team B gave Mark Ingram

In leagues that reward a player with return yards he is more valuable....I don't play in any leagues like that....I don't see the connection with megaton. He has miss a total of 3 games in 6 years....Harvin has missed 12 in is 1st 4 and that number will climb to 24-26 in 5 years....I am not arguing his talent..when on the field the guy is money....but his missed half of last season and will miss at least that much time again this season..that is why I think he is overrated

Man...really wishing I didn't already own him so I could go out and buy him. People WAY down on Harvin.
I haven't found this, in my collection of leagues. I've thrown out some pretty solid offers and haven't gotten much interest in return.
Same here -- every Harvin owner I've talked to still sees him as a young stud WR1. The injury has given the "haters" a reason to be more vocal, that's all. No one in any decent league is trading him for Mark Ingram or anything.

Same here -- every Harvin owner I've talked to still sees him as a young stud WR1. The injury has given the "haters" a reason to be more vocal, that's all. No one in any decent league is trading him for Mark Ingram or anything.
I've floated the following names around and haven't gotten a nibble, even.

MJD

Tavon Austin

Eifert/M.Austin/Dalton

Eddie Lacy

Vincent Jackson

Larry Fitzgerald (asked for additional pieces)

Obviously I like Harvin more than these players/packages, or I wouldn't have offered them. But I think if owners were selling low, these offers would be plenty to start the conversation.

Man...really wishing I didn't already own him so I could go out and buy him. People WAY down on Harvin.
I haven't found this, in my collection of leagues. I've thrown out some pretty solid offers and haven't gotten much interest in return.
This has been my luck as well. The guy who owns him in my league has 1 year left on him, then he becomes a FA to be bid on by the rest of the league, and he still won't move him for anything. Even though he's likely to lose him after this year and will only get a few games of production from him this year. Oh well.

Two reasons I sold, and believe me, I had a tough time pulling the trigger- I was still a bit skeptical of how he would be used in Seattle and what his long term ceiling was. More importantly, I've been reading some reports that said Harvin was diagnosed with a degenerative hip condition IN BOTH HIPS as far back as the combine. I brushed aside the migraines and the high ankle sprain, but couldn't overlook this. I guess only time will tell.

Two reasons I sold, and believe me, I had a tough time pulling the trigger- I was still a bit skeptical of how he would be used in Seattle and what his long term ceiling was. More importantly, I've been reading some reports that said Harvin was diagnosed with a degenerative hip condition IN BOTH HIPS as far back as the combine. I brushed aside the migraines and the high ankle sprain, but couldn't overlook this. I guess only time will tell.
What did you sell for?

25 man ppr league.

1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, flex, d/st, k

Hardknockers trade: Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Willams, Mike Wallace, Steve Smith

Fighting Cocks trade: DeAndre Hopkins, 2014 1st and 2nd rd rookie picks and 2015 2nd rd rookie pick

Fighting Cocks rb's before trade were BJGE, Gore, Hillis, and Deleone Carter.

16-Team .5 PPR

Start QB, 2WR, 2RB, TE, 2W/R/T

20 Man Rosters

Sent:

Danny Woodhead

2013 1.15

2014 3 (late)

2015 3 (mid-late)

Received:

Alshon Jeffery

2013 3.3

2014 2 (early-mid)

2015 4 (early-mid)

32 Team (.75 PPR, Tackles 1.70 pts)

Sent:
A. Brown
2015 3rd rd pick

Received:
Colin McCarthy

2014 2nd rd pick

2015 1st rd pick
2015 3rd rd pick

Last edited by a moderator:
16-Team .5 PPR

Start QB, 2WR, 2RB, TE, 2W/R/T

20 Man Rosters

Sent:

Danny Woodhead

2013 1.15

2014 3 (late)

2015 3 (mid-late)

Received:

Alshon Jeffery

2013 3.3

2014 2 (early-mid)

2015 4 (early-mid)
Jeffery > 1.15

2nd > Woodhead

Rest of the picks about equal.

Well done.

12 team PPR (1.25 TE) with unlimited taxi squad for 3 years - 35 man rosters with IDP

[SIZE=medium]Puerto Rico[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] gave up:
Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.07
Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.05
Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.07
Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.12
Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Cleveland
Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from Boise
Year 2015 Round 2 Draft Pick from Puerto Rico
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Boise[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] gave up:
Smith, Alex KCC QB
Rice, Ray BAL RB
[/SIZE]

12 team PPR (1.25 TE) with unlimited taxi squad for 3 years - 35 man rosters with IDP

[SIZE=medium]Newfoundland[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] gave up:
Richardson, Trent CLE RB
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Puerto Rico[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] gave up:
Dumervil, Elvis BAL LB
Smith, Aldon SFO LB
Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Coney Island
Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from South Carolina
Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from Newfoundland
Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from Orlando
Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from Las Vegas
Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from Puerto Rico
Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from South Carolina
Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from Northern California
Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from Coney Island
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Memphis [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]gave up:
Miller, Lamar MIA RB
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Newfoundland[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] gave up:
[/SIZE]

Ingram & 4.01

for

Quick

2014 2nd (mid)

2015 1st (likely early)
I think it's hard to say what a 2014 pick will be...but you have to gage that somewhat....but to say that a 2015 1st will be early is pretty hard to predict...a lot can happen to a teams make up in two years....I am a buyer of Ingram so I like the side getting Ingram....it's a crap shoot what that 2015 1st will be

25 man ppr league.

Hardknockers trade: Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Willams, Mike Wallace, Steve Smith

Fighting Cocks trade: DeAndre Hopkins, 2014 1st and 2nd rd rookie picks and 2015 2nd rd rookie pick

Wallace slighly > Hopkins

JStew/Williams/SSmith are injured and/or older. Getting a 1st and two 2nds seems really good haul for those three.

Maybe one of those second rounders are worth the desperation of fixing Fighting ####'s awful rb group.

I like Hardknockers side of the deal.

25 man ppr league.

Wallace slighly > Hopkins

JStew/Williams/SSmith are injured and/or older. Getting a 1st and two 2nds seems really good haul for those three.

Maybe one of those second rounders are worth the desperation of fixing Fighting ####'s awful rb group.

I like Hardknockers side of the deal.
With those RB's that 1st could be a high one. I'd take my chances on the Hopkins side.

Ingram & 4.01

for

Quick

2014 2nd (mid)

2015 1st (likely early)
I think it's hard to say what a 2014 pick will be...but you have to gage that somewhat....but to say that a 2015 1st will be early is pretty hard to predict...a lot can happen to a teams make up in two years....I am a buyer of Ingram so I like the side getting Ingram....it's a crap shoot what that 2015 1st will be
I'd rather have any 1st than Ingram.

[SIZE=medium]Memphis [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]gave up:[/SIZE]

Miller, Lamar MIA RB

[SIZE=medium]Newfoundland[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] gave up:[/SIZE]

Hype is officially out of control.

Memphis gave up:

Miller, Lamar MIA RB

Newfoundland gave up:

Hype is officially out of control.
Extremely

Ingram & 4.01

for

Quick

2014 2nd (mid)

2015 1st (likely early)
Why?

Ingram & 4.01

for

Quick

2014 2nd (mid)

2015 1st (likely early)
Why?
Because a future 1st has a better chance to become something than Ingram, especially if it ends up a top 5 pick.

14 Team = NO PPR

See what thoughts are on this one I just made

Gave: Nicks

Got: Hopkins, Pierce, 2014 1st (middle of the pack)
love this for you.

Hopkins is a mid-1st and Pierce a high 2nd rookie pick value.

So 2 mid 1st and a high 2nd for an always nicked up Nicks seems like really really good value for you.

14 Team = NO PPR

See what thoughts are on this one I just made

Gave: Nicks

Got: Hopkins, Pierce, 2014 1st (middle of the pack)
love this for you.

Hopkins is a mid-1st and Pierce a high 2nd rookie pick value.

So 2 mid 1st and a high 2nd for an always nicked up Nicks seems like really really good value for you.
I like it too, and I'm a Nicks fan. If I'm contending this year and Nicks could be key I may hold off,but otherwise I take the young guys and the pick easily.

Users who are viewing this thread