What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2013 Official Philadelphia Eagles - NFC EAST CHAMPS*** (1 Viewer)

Is it just me or has everything Kelly done seem like the wrong move?I don't like either of the coordinators. Both seemed to have failed multiple times.I don't like the fact that everything has to be super secret. I don't like the move to keep vick for one day past the deadline. He needs to show the team that next year will be about change.Next thing we will see is the Eagles sign Rogers-Cromartie to a long term contract and announce that Nnamdi and DRC are going to change and become great corners again.So far I am just not impressed one bit. Seems like a team with no real plan and a coach that had to go and get all sub-talent coaches. Don't really think anyone wanted to hook up with Kelly.
Do you have any reason to beleive Kelly's moves are bad? Other than your opinion?Kelly should be given 2 years min before starting to pass judgement.
Well lets look at the 3 big moves so far.1st- Hires Pat Shurmur for offensive coordinatorPat Shurmur has failed in St Louis (his big claim to fame is drafting S. Bradford) Really your best move was drafting Bradford number 1 overall.. How is that working out? Then he failed again in Cleveland (5-11 record) and the whole coaching staff firedI can kinda live with this pick since I expect Kelly to be the offensive mind behind our new system.2nd- Hires Billy Davis for deffensive coordinatorDavis was defensive coordinator at 49ers and they failed. I think their ranking was 30 and 29 before he was fired. Then he went to Arizona and wow really improved that defense to a ranking of something around 28 and 30. Wait for it.. Fired again.Last job was for the famous cleveland browns as linebacker coach (so many studs on that team) and fired again after the team went 5-11.Since I expect Kelly to give A LOT of discretion to the defensive coordinator to run the defense, I hate this pick. Seems to me that we had to go with a 3rd or maybe 4th choice. No one wanted to work here under Kelly.3rd- Lastly, keeping M. Vick on the roster. Even if his 3 million is recovered when/if another team signs him (if let go), why keep him on the roster at all? We need to show the team change is coming and that should have started with cutting ties with Vick and Nnamdi. I would have cut both as soon as the superbowl was over.By these three moves I don't have ANY confidence in Kelly as a coach. I hope I am wrong and he goes on to win multiple superbowls. For now the writing on the wall states to me that we couldn't hire anything but second rate coordinators. Guess we are happy with being the cleveland browns of the east. Great 5-11 here we come for a few years before Kelly is fired.
Honestly, who's better than Billy Davis? http://igglesblitz.com/philadelphia-eagles-2/billy-davis-vs-the-world/
That's a pretty good breakdown. While I like a guy like Horton I said the same thing about him earlier.

'fflmonster said:
'JAA said:
'fflmonster said:
Is it just me or has everything Kelly done seem like the wrong move?I don't like either of the coordinators. Both seemed to have failed multiple times.I don't like the fact that everything has to be super secret. I don't like the move to keep vick for one day past the deadline. He needs to show the team that next year will be about change.Next thing we will see is the Eagles sign Rogers-Cromartie to a long term contract and announce that Nnamdi and DRC are going to change and become great corners again.So far I am just not impressed one bit. Seems like a team with no real plan and a coach that had to go and get all sub-talent coaches. Don't really think anyone wanted to hook up with Kelly.
Do you have any reason to beleive Kelly's moves are bad? Other than your opinion?Kelly should be given 2 years min before starting to pass judgement.
Well lets look at the 3 big moves so far.1st- Hires Pat Shurmur for offensive coordinatorPat Shurmur has failed in St Louis (his big claim to fame is drafting S. Bradford) Really your best move was drafting Bradford number 1 overall.. How is that working out? Then he failed again in Cleveland (5-11 record) and the whole coaching staff firedI can kinda live with this pick since I expect Kelly to be the offensive mind behind our new system.2nd- Hires Billy Davis for deffensive coordinatorDavis was defensive coordinator at 49ers and they failed. I think their ranking was 30 and 29 before he was fired. Then he went to Arizona and wow really improved that defense to a ranking of something around 28 and 30. Wait for it.. Fired again.Last job was for the famous cleveland browns as linebacker coach (so many studs on that team) and fired again after the team went 5-11.Since I expect Kelly to give A LOT of discretion to the defensive coordinator to run the defense, I hate this pick. Seems to me that we had to go with a 3rd or maybe 4th choice. No one wanted to work here under Kelly.3rd- Lastly, keeping M. Vick on the roster. Even if his 3 million is recovered when/if another team signs him (if let go), why keep him on the roster at all? We need to show the team change is coming and that should have started with cutting ties with Vick and Nnamdi. I would have cut both as soon as the superbowl was over.By these three moves I don't have ANY confidence in Kelly as a coach. I hope I am wrong and he goes on to win multiple superbowls. For now the writing on the wall states to me that we couldn't hire anything but second rate coordinators. Guess we are happy with being the cleveland browns of the east. Great 5-11 here we come for a few years before Kelly is fired.
:lmao: Honestly, all this hand wringing over a bunch of coaches. We have no idea what kind of head coach Kelly will be in the NFL. We have no idea if he can put together an NFL staff or run a team. If you are looking for something to worry about before September, then I guess there are some easy things to find. However, what is the point? Sit back and see what they do. This whole "They are so stupid, how could they do this" routine is tiresome. Chip Kelly will never win a Superbowl. There, I said it. You know why? Because the odds are much better that he won't then they are that he will. But I feel better now, because I can say I saw it coming and I'm smarter then the Eagles front office. I knew in February 2013 they shouldn't have hired him.Now that I have that off my chest, I just might sit back and watch to see what happens. Maybe I'll have some fun along the way.

If we go to a 3-4, I'm starting to think Star Lotulelei will be the right pick for us. Seems odd to go DT in the first round in back to back years, but think it really could make the 3-4 a success.

I want to see who the free agency targers are before trying to predict the draft. I hope we get most of our needs addressed in free agency so we can draft best player available at all spots. It's going to be fun to watch the Eagles play a 3-4 defense (as long as we're not near the bottom of the league's defenses again...) Also, this is what Chip Kelly had to say about Foles a few years ago...

“I’ll tell you what; I’m glad Nick Foles is graduating,” Oregon coach Chip Kelly said after his team’s 56-31 victory Saturday night.“I catch myself watching him in awe sometimes. … Nick is a hell of a football player. That kid’s a warrior. He’s as good as anyone in the country.”

Thinking Eric Reid from LSU might be an ideal 2nd round pick, too... Might not drop to their pick, though.
I'd be surprised if he's not there in the early 2nd round. I think Vaccaro will be the #1 safety taken, probably in the 15-25 range. I think Elam could go late round 1. SF and Baltimore need safeties. I'd take Reid, but I've heard Jonathan Cyprien has really impressed a lot of people.Also would like to see the Eagles go after a safety in free agency. Patrick Chung might be the guy. He's got injury problems but he's solid when healthy, would be an immediate upgrade over Coleman or Allen, and just so happens to be an Oregon alum.

I don't know a ton about Billie Davis or really many of these hires besides Shurmur but I'm not just going to spout off the WIP motto everything is awful which is all they do. I went and looked up my own info on Davis and I'm not as down as others seems to be but really who knows most didn't like the JJ hiring when he came here. One thing about Davis he seems to work very well with LB's as a position guy or a DC so maybe he can get more out Graham and Kendrick. Another thing even though he failed in Zona and SF I think one thing that wasn't mentioned here is he had to switch a bad defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4 which takes some time when you have bad personal. Just my opinion but I think IF they draft Starr and resign DRC this defense can turn into hybrid 3-4 faster then his two previous defenses did.I have no idea if Davis will fail or succeed but I think there are reasons why he failed and not all of it was him.

I want to see who the free agency targers are before trying to predict the draft. I hope we get most of our needs addressed in free agency so we can draft best player available at all spots. It's going to be fun to watch the Eagles play a 3-4 defense (as long as we're not near the bottom of the league's defenses again...) Also, this is what Chip Kelly had to say about Foles a few years ago...

“I’ll tell you what; I’m glad Nick Foles is graduating,” Oregon coach Chip Kelly said after his team’s 56-31 victory Saturday night.“I catch myself watching him in awe sometimes. … Nick is a hell of a football player. That kid’s a warrior. He’s as good as anyone in the country.”
He basically asked Foles to marry his daughter. That means nothing after keeping Vick and talking to Dixon. I wouldn't mind the read option like Sea-Was-SF but I wouldn't dump a promising player like Foles just to run it. And it just seems like a fallback plan to let someone like Tebow have time in the pocket. I hope he's honest and tries to build a offense around the talent we have already.

'fflmonster said:
'JAA said:
'fflmonster said:
:lmao: Honestly, all this hand wringing over a bunch of coaches. We have no idea what kind of head coach Kelly will be in the NFL. We have no idea if he can put together an NFL staff or run a team. If you are looking for something to worry about before September, then I guess there are some easy things to find. However, what is the point? Sit back and see what they do. This whole "They are so stupid, how could they do this" routine is tiresome. Chip Kelly will never win a Superbowl. There, I said it. You know why? Because the odds are much better that he won't then they are that he will. But I feel better now, because I can say I saw it coming and I'm smarter then the Eagles front office. I knew in February 2013 they shouldn't have hired him.Now that I have that off my chest, I just might sit back and watch to see what happens. Maybe I'll have some fun along the way.
Really my point here.Kelly has hired an entire new staff of people that really have never worked together before. How can anyone figure out if its going to work or not. We have a couple of ?? hires, a couple of :) :) hires, and now we have to figure out if they can gel.My assumption is that Kelly hired coaches who he can mold to his system. The system of controlling the things you have control over: tempo, execution, putting people in positions to be successful. Not all ego-centric coaches could fit into this ala Rob Ryan, Eric Mangini

Thinking Eric Reid from LSU might be an ideal 2nd round pick, too... Might not drop to their pick, though.
It we could swing Star and Elam I would be ECSTATIC! My fear is that Elam is going to blow up the combine
I'm starting to wonder with adding the Bama Oline coach if Kelce is going to be a good fit for his line and IF not is there any way Eagles take Barrett Jones in the 2nd.

1. Elam won't be there in the 2nd....2. Barrett Jones won't be there in the 2nd...3. You don't hire Chip Kelly to have him try to change his offense to fit the NFL... You HIRE him to bring what he does here and see if it works.. I like Foles, but he doesn't fit anymore..... Having him change what he does is like the Phillies signing Roy Halladay and making him pitch left handed....

1. Elam won't be there in the 2nd....

2. Barrett Jones won't be there in the 2nd...

3. You don't hire Chip Kelly to have him try to change his offense to fit the NFL... You HIRE him to bring what he does here and see if it works.. I like Foles, but he doesn't fit anymore..... Having him change what he does is like the Phillies signing Roy Halladay and making him pitch left handed....]
Not really an apt analogy. For a couple reasons really. a) Roy Halladay would be more like Peyton Manning than Nick Foles. b) This would be more like taking a left fielder and telling him he has to play center. More field to cover but not impossible to do. Kelly will adapt what he can do with what he has until he can get the guys he wants in here. So to bide his time until then, he has Foles. Foles is a guy that Kelly has lauded for his quick decision making and big arm. He's stated many times how much he hated playing him at AZ. Now he may have been blowing smoke up his ### but he laid it on pretty thick in his glowing praise of Foles. That doesn't sound like a guy he's just going to toss aside.

Last edited by a moderator:
It we could swing Star and Elam I would be ECSTATIC! My fear is that Elam is going to blow up the combine
I'm starting to wonder with adding the Bama Oline coach if Kelce is going to be a good fit for his line and IF not is there any way Eagles take Barrett Jones in the 2nd.
My opinion is that Kelly was speed. What I mean by that is players who can move away from their position faster than their opponents. I believe Kelce fits that mold. I believe tempo and speed (NOT finesse), not power or strength is what Kelly is shooting for. Now will that work in the NFL ... maybe. Bu the "open" college game is about getting people in a position to be successful.For those who may be interested in football minds, the WVU HC Dana Holgerson a Mike Leach disciple is along these lines.

'Insein said:
'Game Time said:

3. You don't hire Chip Kelly to have him try to change his offense to fit the NFL... You HIRE him to bring what he does here and see if it works.. I like Foles, but he doesn't fit anymore..... Having him change what he does is like the Phillies signing Roy Halladay and making him pitch left handed....]
Not really an apt analogy. For a couple reasons really. a) Roy Halladay would be more like Peyton Manning than Nick Foles. b) This would be more like taking a left fielder and telling him he has to play center. More field to cover but not impossible to do. Kelly will adapt what he can do with what he has until he can get the guys he wants in here. So to bide his time until then, he has Foles. Foles is a guy that Kelly has lauded for his quick decision making and big arm. He's stated many times how much he hated playing him at AZ. Now he may have been blowing smoke up his ### but he laid it on pretty thick in his glowing praise of Foles. That doesn't sound like a guy he's just going to toss aside.
There is no biding time in the NFL, especially in Philly.... You can't keep Foles and run a different offense this year and try to completely change it the following year for a new guy to come in.....Then you have a new QB who is a year behind the rest of the offense... you think back to back 4-12 seasons will go over well...? You got Chip Kelly for a reason... He's gonna want his type of players to run his offense... No different then Andy Reid did (Doug Pederson) or any other coach.... Kelly may not need a true running QB, but he needs a threat to work the offense the way he likes... Personally, I am not as high on Kelly as most, but since he is here, you have to let him be him.... He may have praised Foles, but they haven't even spoken together yet.... Come on.. writing is on the wall....

'Insein said:
'Game Time said:

There is no biding time in the NFL, especially in Philly.... You can't keep Foles and run a different offense this year and try to completely change it the following year for a new guy to come in.....Then you have a new QB who is a year behind the rest of the offense... you think back to back 4-12 seasons will go over well...? You got Chip Kelly for a reason... He's gonna want his type of players to run his offense... No different then Andy Reid did (Doug Pederson) or any other coach.... Kelly may not need a true running QB, but he needs a threat to work the offense the way he likes... Personally, I am not as high on Kelly as most, but since he is here, you have to let him be him.... He may have praised Foles, but they haven't even spoken together yet.... Come on.. writing is on the wall....
a) How do you know this? and b) What would that even prove? Plus it's not 2 completely different offenses. Do you think Shanahan has two completely different offenses ready to go in case RG3 goes down? No Cousins runs a similar system but adjusted towards his strengths. This is what would happen.

Besides, it's not like Kelly has to draft his QB of the future this year. I think he'll draft a QB at some point in this draft but I doubt he'll be the guy to become the franchise QB. This year will be Kelly biding time till he gets what he wants. He can build the basis for an offense and retool the defense to a 3-4, then make the big moves at skill positions next offseason and still be on track.

was reported... only exchanged a text with Foles.... did meet with Vick... still hasn't MET with Foles.... but you are right.. switching the defense around as well is a huge undetaking... They definitely need to address this as they certainly don't have the personnel to run a 3-4 right now...

was reported... only exchanged a text with Foles... did meet with Vick... still hasn't MET with Foles...
Maybe because he knows what he has with Nick Foles and doesn't need to meet him right away. And it makes sense he'd meet with Vick first. Guy is going to cost $15 million if he's on your team.

was reported... only exchanged a text with Foles... did meet with Vick... still hasn't MET with Foles...
Maybe because he knows what he has with Nick Foles and doesn't need to meet him right away. And it makes sense he'd meet with Vick first. Guy is going to cost $15 million if he's on your team.
Plus Vick lives in the area, Foles does not. It's more logistics than anything else. Can't read into anything at this time of year, just sit back and wait.

I cant stand this coaching staff starting at the top with Kelly right down to the water boy. Kelly said he wants a qb that is 1. Smart2. Durable3. Acurate4. No Turnovers5. Don't take sacks6. gets the ball out quick7. can read a DIf this is the case and Kelly is telling the truth then why in hell is Mike Vick (going on 33)still on this roster?Kelly could not get good coaches around him cuss they don't want to go down in flames with the gimmick crap Kelly wants to run.Kelly has no clue how to run a NFL team and its starting to really show. I can see the eagles being the lauging stock for the next 5 years .I bleed green and for the past 45 years never felt this bad about a coaching staff its a damn joke.This team is not that far off its full of young talent hell last year many NFL experts had eagles fav to be in the SB ..Now you bring in a coach that wants to change to a 3/4 D that we don't have the personal to run and rip this team apart . We will be set back 3 years trying to get players in place just to run a 3/4..But in Kelly's mind he feels he can throw up 40 points the D wont matter much. WRONG this in the nfl these guy's on the other side of the ball are all the best of the best not just kids out of HS where maybe 2 make it to the next leval.This is going to be a LONG few year's if Kelly keeps Vick or drafts Geno Smith or brings in Dixon (lmao)we are dooooomed.Foles has a ton of potential but I believe the kid never gets a shot in this system so I hope he can land back with Andy or somwhere that he gets a shot.Atleast we won't have to hear about a dynasty or the dream team any longer.

I cant stand this coaching staff starting at the top with Kelly right down to the water boy. Kelly said he wants a qb that is 1. Smart2. Durable3. Acurate4. No Turnovers5. Don't take sacks6. gets the ball out quick7. can read a DIf this is the case and Kelly is telling the truth then why in hell is Mike Vick (going on 33)still on this roster?Kelly could not get good coaches around him cuss they don't want to go down in flames with the gimmick crap Kelly wants to run.Kelly has no clue how to run a NFL team and its starting to really show. I can see the eagles being the lauging stock for the next 5 years .I bleed green and for the past 45 years never felt this bad about a coaching staff its a damn joke.This team is not that far off its full of young talent hell last year many NFL experts had eagles fav to be in the SB ..Now you bring in a coach that wants to change to a 3/4 D that we don't have the personal to run and rip this team apart . We will be set back 3 years trying to get players in place just to run a 3/4..But in Kelly's mind he feels he can throw up 40 points the D wont matter much. WRONG this in the nfl these guy's on the other side of the ball are all the best of the best not just kids out of HS where maybe 2 make it to the next leval.This is going to be a LONG few year's if Kelly keeps Vick or drafts Geno Smith or brings in Dixon (lmao)we are dooooomed.Foles has a ton of potential but I believe the kid never gets a shot in this system so I hope he can land back with Andy or somwhere that he gets a shot.Atleast we won't have to hear about a dynasty or the dream team any longer.
Delusional does it better.

Delusional does it better.
Just the truth got to keep in real why sugar coat this crap

I agree, it's obvious. Fire him now!Seriously? They deserve at least until mid way through Year 2. If the team doesn't look like they're on the upswing by then, I might have doubts. The Eagles in 99 only won 2 more games than 98, but it was a completely different vibe & it was clear they were improving. That what I'm looking for.

was reported... only exchanged a text with Foles.... did meet with Vick... still hasn't MET with Foles.... but you are right.. switching the defense around as well is a huge undetaking... They definitely need to address this as they certainly don't have the personnel to run a 3-4 right now...
It was also reported that the Eagles were done talking with Kelly and that he was staying at Oregon. Don't read too much into this.

They don't have to cut Vick until 3/12/13....there is not reason to cut him now. None.I don't even know where to begin with the rest of the post...

I cant stand this coaching staff starting at the top with Kelly right down to the water boy. Kelly said he wants a qb that is

1. Smart

2. Durable

3. Acurate

4. No Turnovers

5. Don't take sacks

6. gets the ball out quick

7. can read a D

If this is the case and Kelly is telling the truth then why in hell is Mike Vick (going on 33)still on this roster?

Kelly could not get good coaches around him cuss they don't want to go down in flames with the gimmick crap Kelly wants to run.

Kelly has no clue how to run a NFL team and its starting to really show. I can see the eagles being the lauging stock for the next 5 years .I bleed green and for the past 45 years never felt this bad about a coaching staff its a damn joke.

This team is not that far off its full of young talent hell last year many NFL experts had eagles fav to be in the SB ..Now you bring in a coach that wants to change to a 3/4 D that we don't have the personal to run and rip this team apart . We will be set back 3 years trying to get players in place just to run a 3/4..But in Kelly's mind he feels he can throw up 40 points the D wont matter much. WRONG this in the nfl these guy's on the other side of the ball are all the best of the best not just kids out of HS where maybe 2 make it to the next leval.

This is going to be a LONG few year's if Kelly keeps Vick or drafts Geno Smith or brings in Dixon (lmao)we are dooooomed.

Foles has a ton of potential but I believe the kid never gets a shot in this system so I hope he can land back with Andy or somwhere that he gets a shot.

Atleast we won't have to hear about a dynasty or the dream team any longer.
You're right, Kelly is clueless. The Eagles lost 11 of their last 12 games last year. Wait, Kelly wasn't the coach yet. His record is 0-0. He hasn't even run his first practice yet. How do you have any idea whether he knows how to run an NFL team? You don't. He could be good or he could be bad. We don't know yet. Enjoy life a little and don't ruin the 2013 season until the Eagles suck on the field, if they actually do_Oh, and unless you have some useful commentary or points to make, for or against the Eagles, feel free to never post here again.

@GeoffMosherCSN: The new Vick contract is for 3 years but final two become voided after March 15, to make deal essentially 1-year deal.

@GeoffMosherCSN: I'm told from league source Vick's restructure enables QB to compete, not be handed the starting title. No guarantee he's on team in 2013.@RoobCSN: Keep in mind: Eagles can still release Vick if they want. Eliminated are base salaries of $15.5m in 2013, $12.5m in 2014 and $14.5 in 2015.

Wow I actually didn't expect this at all, you think Kelly promised him the starting job? I've never been a fan of having QB competitions when both QB's play such different styles because the play books for both of them have to be very different IMO, especially since Vick is left handed as well.ETA: How much cap space does this actually save for this season?

Wow I actually didn't expect this at all, you think Kelly promised him the starting job? I've never been a fan of having QB competitions when both QB's play such different styles because the play books for both of them have to be very different IMO, especially since Vick is left handed as well.ETA: How much cap space does this actually save for this season?
You wont know until you see what incentives Vick hits, if any. It was a straight 15 million before...with this he can hit 10 million if he hits his incentives. You can be sure PT is in there and you can be sure he wont hit that oneNo team would give Vick a starting job...getting him at our cost is what made this happen IMO.

I don't get it. :no:
Foles can't run his offense.. What is there to get??? He reached out to Vick, not Foles....writing has been on the wall.....
Vick can't either. Foles cost $500k this year. Vick now upwards of $10mil. Both wouldn't be here longer than a year. Makes. No. Sense.
I wouldnt say it makes no sense.Keeping him at his old number makes no sense. Having an incetiove laced deal is a perfect deal for him as long as it toes in his PT. He can only help in the competition. Whether it was Alex Smith or a draft pick I really didnt want Foles handed the job. This will being out the best in both of them

Foles can't run his offense.. What is there to get??? He reached out to Vick, not Foles....writing has been on the wall.....
Vick can't either. Foles cost $500k this year. Vick now upwards of $10mil. Both wouldn't be here longer than a year. Makes. No. Sense.
I wouldnt say it makes no sense.Keeping him at his old number makes no sense. Having an incetiove laced deal is a perfect deal for him as long as it toes in his PT. He can only help in the competition. Whether it was Alex Smith or a draft pick I really didnt want Foles handed the job. This will being out the best in both of them
Or the worst. Foles will be stunted and Vick is just old. Well at least we'll be top 5 next year when we can get our QB. :shrug:

Really my point here.Kelly has hired an entire new staff of people that really have never worked together before. How can anyone figure out if its going to work or not. We have a couple of ?? hires, a couple of :) :) hires, and now we have to figure out if they can gel.My assumption is that Kelly hired coaches who he can mold to his system. The system of controlling the things you have control over: tempo, execution, putting people in positions to be successful. Not all ego-centric coaches could fit into this ala Rob Ryan, Eric Mangini
Still happy with his moves now? Give me a break.. Now we keep a qb that can't run the offense, will turn the ball over countless times and will be able to only play 10 games next year.Sounds like another good move.This was the biggest mistake ever hiring this guy.

Still happy with his moves now? Give me a break.. Now we keep a qb that can't run the offense, will turn the ball over countless times and will be able to only play 10 games next year.Sounds like another good move.This was the biggest mistake ever hiring this guy.
Holy crap....Jump , please jump... You have got to be kidding me. Wow.

Or the worst. Foles will be stunted and Vick is just old. Well at least we'll be top 5 next year when we can get our QB. :shrug:
Foles is DONE here.... he was when Kelly was hired.... why is anyone shocked by that? Vick isn't the answer, but he could run Kelly's offense better than Foles.... I'd rather have Foles than Vick, but it is what it is.. Kelly is here to run HIS offense... ever watch Oregon play?? There are some great mobile QB prospects next year and I'm guessing they will be shooting for one of them... This ain't about stunting Foles... you play him, you stunt an entire offense as it would be a completely different system... At least with Dixon, Alex Smith, Vick, etc... you could instill the offense and let it progress.... You play FOles and line blocking calls and everything changes..... Kelly is bringing his offense here m as he should, that's why he was hired.....

Foles is DONE here.... he was when Kelly was hired.... why is anyone shocked by that? Vick isn't the answer, but he could run Kelly's offense better than Foles.... I'd rather have Foles than Vick, but it is what it is.. Kelly is here to run HIS offense... ever watch Oregon play?? There are some great mobile QB prospects next year and I'm guessing they will be shooting for one of them... This ain't about stunting Foles... you play him, you stunt an entire offense as it would be a completely different system... At least with Dixon, Alex Smith, Vick, etc... you could instill the offense and let it progress.... You play FOles and line blocking calls and everything changes..... Kelly is bringing his offense here m as he should, that's why he was hired.....
The point was that your are going to keep these guys for one year regardless. Foles can increase his trade value possibly during that year if he plays. Foles also costs only $500k next season. Leaves a lot more cap space to do other things like rebuild a defense that he wants to switch to a 3-4. Kelly is keeping Foles this year too and has said in both press conferences now that Foles can run his offense and he will not change it from Vick to him. If the goal is to have a stopgap QB to bide your time till next draft, then choose the cheaper one with more upside so that you can trade him next year. Instead we've kept both, will play the older one till he's worn down to a nub and the younger one won't gain any trade value. So we'll cut both next year for nothing. Complete waste.

Why do people think Alex Smith can run the read-option? Let me guess...you saw his one run a couple years ago?The whole "you have to change and offense" line of yours is crap. If you need a referance look at every team who runs it and their back-up QB's. When RGIII went down who stepped in? Who is Seattle's back-up QB? How about Caro;ina?Think about it.

The point was that your are going to keep these guys for one year regardless. Foles can increase his trade value possibly during that year if he plays. Foles also costs only $500k next season. Leaves a lot more cap space to do other things like rebuild a defense that he wants to switch to a 3-4. Kelly is keeping Foles this year too and has said in both press conferences now that Foles can run his offense and he will not change it from Vick to him. If the goal is to have a stopgap QB to bide your time till next draft, then choose the cheaper one with more upside so that you can trade him next year. Instead we've kept both, will play the older one till he's worn down to a nub and the younger one won't gain any trade value. So we'll cut both next year for nothing. Complete waste.
Unless you think that Foles just beats him out during camp. That's where I'm leaning until I see otherwise. This sounds like competition and I'm all for it. And Vick will not make it through the season so Foles will have a chance to show what he can do at some point if he doesn't win the job outright.

We also have to keep in mind that we don't have Big Red calling the plays--I'm hopeful that Chip will put Vick or Foles in a better position then Andy did

Users who are viewing this thread