What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Rookie 1.06 (1 Viewer)

Who is rookie pick 1.06 in Start 2 QB Scoring?

• QB Ryan Nassib

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • QB Mike Glennon

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • QB E.J. Manuel

Votes: 16 14.2%
  • QB Tyler Wilson

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • QB Landry Jones

• RB Montee Ball

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • RB Marcus Lattimore

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • RB Johnathan Franklin

• RB Le'Veon Bell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WR Keenan Allen

Votes: 26 23.0%
  • WR Tavon Austin

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • WR DeAndre Hopkins

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • TE Tyler Eifert

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Other

• Don't play - No vote

Votes: 39 34.5%

• Total voters

Faust

MVP
2013 Rookie 1.01

2013 Rookie 1.02

2013 Rookie 1.03

2013 Rookie 1.04

2013 Rookie 1.05

Standard Scoring

1.01 RB Eddie Lacy (83%)

1.02 RB Giovani Bernard (46%)

1.03 WR Cordarrelle Patterson (43%)

1.04 WR Keenan Allen (45%)

1.05 WR Tavon Austin (18%)

PPR Scoring

1.01 RB Eddie Lacy (68%)

1.02 WR Cordarrelle Patterson (36%)

1.03 RB Giovani Bernard (44%)

1.04 WR Keenan Allen (57%)

1.05 WR Tavon Austin (44%)

Start 2 QB Scoring

1.01 RB Eddie Lacy (42%)

1.02 QB Geno Smith (49%)

1.03 RB Giovani Bernard (25%)

1.04 QB Matt Barkley (21%)

1.05 WR Cordarrelle Patterson (29%)

in the trade thread, we were talking about TY Hilton and I think that is the type of upside Austin has. They have similar size. I guess if you knew you were getting TY Hilton production, you would pay 1.05

Last edited by a moderator:
in the trade thread, we were talking about TY Hilton and I think that is the type of upside Austin has. They have similar size. I guess if you knew you were getting TY Hilton production, you would pay 1.05
Good comparison. Hilton was a great sleeper last year but more so because he was on Indi. Austin in NE, NO, DET or Carolina would be tempting.Thanks for doing these Faust.

For me Austin is in the category with Hilton and DeSean. The difference I see with Austin is that he's used much more in the short game where he can use his open field ability. I actually think Austin's upside could be higher than both, but a lot depends on where he ends up.

'duece2626 said:
'cstu said:
Am I the only one surprised by the Eifert picks this early?
Of who's left, who would you put higher?
Hopkins and Woods for sure, but I think I would pick a couple more before Eifert. I really like Eifert as an NFL TE but IMO he lacks the YAC to be an elite TE. He's a guy I view as a better NFL player than fantasy player. I expect him to be a TE1 but in leagues that start on 1 TE with 1 PPR I would rather take my chances on some RB's and WR's.

I was just looking back at the votes for pick 1.05 and in standard leagues they are spread pretty evenly between

WR Tavon Austin (19 votes [16.96%])

WR DeAndre Hopkins (16 votes [14.29%])

RB Montee Ball (15 votes [13.39%])

TE Tyler Eifert (11 votes [9.82%])

So there is a break at pick 5 where peoples opinions separate on the next best player which is kind of like a tier for drop for perceived trade value right now.

I think a RB lands in a favorable enough situation that this pick may be more unanimous post draft than it is right now.

thanks for coordinating.

looking forward to seeing how many QBs go round 1 in 2 QB leagues

:goodposting:Draft position & situation will likely separate these guys
That is why there will be two sets of polls. One before the NFL draft and one after. In this set of polls you are evaluating the players on perceived talent level alone, and in the second set of polls we will see how much changes when draft round and team are known.A great example is RB Lamar Miller from last year, as he was regarded as a top 3 or top 4 RB last year before the NFL Draft and after the NFL Draft took place he dropped in Rookie drafts.

:goodposting:Draft position & situation will likely separate these guys
That is why there will be two sets of polls. One before the NFL draft and one after. In this set of polls you are evaluating the players on perceived talent level alone, and in the second set of polls we will see how much changes when draft round and team are known.A great example is RB Lamar Miller from last year, as he was regarded as a top 3 or top 4 RB last year before the NFL Draft and after the NFL Draft took place he dropped in Rookie drafts.
I understand all that and see the usefulness. A year later and he would be back in that top 6 rookie draft pick value. In fact, I 've offered 1.06 for him and been declined. The talent rises to the top, but min the case of these rooks I see a lot of similarly rated guys

I really don't think Montee Ball is very good. Don't really understand why people like him. Groupthink attributes his numbers to talent, but I think he benefitted from a great offensive line and will flop in the pros.

Users who are viewing this thread