What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 Senior Bowl Thread (1 Viewer)

Pauline's Senior Bowl Wrap-Up: Day 3

Excerpt:

MOBILE, Ala. -- Wednesday was the final day of full-pads practice at the Senior Bowl as tomorrow will be a no-pads day in front of just a few NFL scouts and coaches. The intensity is usually turned up on Wednesday practice, traditionally considered the most important day of the week, and several prospects stood out.

Shaquelle Evans/WR/UCLA: Evans, 6-foot-1, 210, built a lot of momentum throughout the week and by Wednesday was one of the better receivers at the Senior Bowl. He's a physical wideout with a strong build and soft hands. Evans consistently separated from opponents by running good routes and fought hard to come away with the reception. He's a terrific possession receiver with the ability to help any NFL team as a rookie.

Cody Hoffman/WR/BYU: Based on his Senior Bowl showing, Hoffman, 6-foot-4, 218, is another big-bodied receiver the Eagles may want to consider during the draft's second day. He uses great technique getting off jams at the line of scrimmage and follows that up by running crisp routes into the clearing on the field. All week long Hoffman has shown consistent hands, catching everything thrown in his direction. He's not a field-stretcher, but is a reliable underneath target who will get consideration as a third receiver for any NFL team.

Well Tahj still sucks. Telegraphs the first throw to get it knocked down at the line, some other questionable throws (though they may be play design) then hangs a deep throw with poor placement for a pick.

Btw - Herron abused that corner on the pick. Really liking that kid.

I would like to hear others impressions of Fales. I caught him in person when he faced Carr. I came away impressed by both QBs but Fales was much better looking off coverages coverages and going to his 3rd reads. Carr had a much better arm but Fales made many more plays. And I really don't think his arm is a liability. I think he could surprise at the next level.

Fales reminds me most of Case Keenam. The scouting reports are very similar. Fales is a inch taller which might translate in him getting drafted. I think he will have an uphill battle finding playtime in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Robert Herron was, without a doubt, the best route runner in the practices: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io-p8u6GJvs
Thanks for finding that - he impressed the hell out of me in the practices I was able to see. No one could stick with him, whether playing off or press coverage. On Boyd's first INT right at the start of the game, Herron abused the corner on a double move and had 4+ yards of separation. Boyd hung the throw, or I think the buzz would be a lot louder.

I'd take him on my team in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread