What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*2015-16 EPL Fantasy - Season Over - Rule Changes for next season (3 Viewers)

Title race ended today  :excited:

But I don't feel very happy :kicksrock:
Tough draw for your team, Champions League awaits, though. I look forward to seeing Spurs on Tuesday and Wednesday next season.

Congratulations to you on an outstanding season. You earned it :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some end of the season housekeeping:

1st and 2nd have been decided, congrats to Drunken Slob for a fine innagural season.  The battle for 3rd and 4th is down to 3 teams: Christo, Eephus, and Bonzai

Week 38

Christo v. Ominous Johnson

Bonzai v. Sinn Fein

Eephus v. Gator

I don't think we discussed ties here - or tiebreakers.  At this stage it seems appropriate to split the winnings for whatever teams tie - so if two or 3 teams tie for 3rd - they would split the winnings of 3rd and 4th place.  If two teams tie for 4th, they split the 4th place winnings.  Any objections, or if I am forgetting a tiebreaker - speak up now.

I look at the standings and see I'm in third. I think it's been set up where H2H is the first tie-break and total points is second. That's the way it was last year. This past off-season I campaigned to have it changed to total points first then H2H because it's a full season statistic and we don't actually "play defense." But no one backed me. So the way I see it we should keep it what it's been in the past and change it during the off-season. Which I'd like to do. That being said it looks like if I win next week I'd have both tie-breakers over the dirty ManU supporter.  :devil:

I look at the standings and see I'm in third. I think it's been set up where H2H is the first tie-break and total points is second. That's the way it was last year. This past off-season I campaigned to have it changed to total points first then H2H because it's a full season statistic and we don't actually "play defense." But no one backed me. So the way I see it we should keep it what it's been in the past and change it during the off-season. Which I'd like to do. That being said it looks like if I win next week I'd have both tie-breakers over the dirty ManU supporter.  :devil:
I am fine with that - with the caveat that I set up the league, and don't recall how I set up the standings...but I certainly intended to keep it the same as last year.

I'd also be in favor of total points as the tiebreaker in future years.

I think the most likely outcome will be a tie between Bonzai and Eephus for 4th.

Some end of the season housekeeping:

1st and 2nd have been decided, congrats to Drunken Slob for a fine innagural season.  The battle for 3rd and 4th is down to 3 teams: Christo, Eephus, and Bonzai

Week 38

Christo v. Ominous Johnson

Bonzai v. Sinn Fein

Eephus v. Gator

I don't think we discussed ties here - or tiebreakers.  At this stage it seems appropriate to split the winnings for whatever teams tie - so if two or 3 teams tie for 3rd - they would split the winnings of 3rd and 4th place.  If two teams tie for 4th, they split the 4th place winnings.  Any objections, or if I am forgetting a tiebreaker - speak up now.

Thanks very much, Sinn.

I'd also like to say, "Thanks, :thumbup:  "  to the rest of you guys. I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed being part of the league, and, more importantly, how much I've learned about football during this endeavor. When I joined, I sent Sinn a message telling him I'd either be an, "easy mark," or, "pick it up quickly." I didn't exactly, "pick it up quickly," but I didn't turn out to be a chump.

Though I didn't win the title, I feel a lot like Leicester City. I wanted to finish with a winning record, get to 40 or better, so to speak. Once I got to January, and was on the right side of the numbers, I started thinking Champions League, 4th or higher. Now, here I am, and, still looking to win in Week 38 because the season isn't over. I might not be a Fox, but, I feel like one.

With exception to the three years I was a crewmember on a nuclear submarine in the Navy, I've played fantasy football every year since 1990. This league has been a number of things, more intense, involved, and most important, enjoyable, than any gridiron league I've ever participated in. And for that, I thank all of you.

I don't think Fantrax will count the ManUtd/Bournemouth game - assuming it is played on Monday.

And, even if they do - it will not have an impact on any of the games.  Christo/OJ had no players,  Bonzai had two, I had 1 - but Bonzai is not making up 50 points with two players...

Fantrax has credited all ManU and Bournemouth players who were slated to start with 2 points.

I don't think Fantrax will count the ManUtd/Bournemouth game - assuming it is played on Monday.

And, even if they do - it will not have an impact on any of the games.  Christo/OJ had no players,  Bonzai had two, I had 1 - but Bonzai is not making up 50 points with two players...

Fantrax has credited all ManU and Bournemouth players who were slated to start with 2 points.
He might have if they were playing Spurs.......

***Breaking NEWS***

League commissioner has come down hard on @gianmarco for blatant taunting of officials.  Team Gianmarco has been docked 6 points from next season's table.

I can't even find head-to-head results in Fantrax :shrug:
Best I can tell you is to go to Standings Page - it lists all the weekly results.  Your team should be highlighted.

Week 11 Bonzai 25.166 - Eephus 41

Week 24 Bonzai 40.166 - Eephus 38.666

Week 37  Bonzai 32 - Eephus 27.5

Who is up for next year?

Any rule changes?  I do like the idea of total points as the tiebreaker instead of head-to-head.

I'd also like to look at some alternate scoring that maybe helps the defense a little more - seems very all or nothing with defense guys.  Not sure how many ended up in top-20.

Who is up for next year?

Any rule changes?  I do like the idea of total points as the tiebreaker instead of head-to-head.

I'd also like to look at some alternate scoring that maybe helps the defense a little more - seems very all or nothing with defense guys.  Not sure how many ended up in top-20.
I'm in.  Here are my proposed rule changes:

1)  Yellow card scoring -- Either get rid of it completely or at least drop it to 0.5 pts.  Most guys average just over 2 pts/game.  When you cut scoring in half for something as relatively meaningless as a yellow card (especially for stupid things like kicking a ball away prior to a free kick), it's stupid. 

2)  Increase clean sheet scoring for MF and F -- 2 pts for MF and 1 pt for F.

3)  Decrease Goals against scoring -- Instead of 0.5 per goal, just make it 0.5 per 2 goals.  Most F and MFs remain with 2 pts no matter what while D can drop dramatically.  This way at least they can still get 2 pts if they only allow 1 goal.  Same goes for GK.

My $.02

I will say this about Yellow cards - pretty sure I had the most in the league, and still had the most points by a wide margin. 

I am not opposed to lowering the points against, but I don't think it's a significant issue.

Who is up for next year?

I'll get in again. Also, I know last year the decision on a Treasurer came down to the last minute. Since I was a noob, I didn't volunteer. Should nobody want to handle that, I volunteer to be the Treasurer. If you guys are still wary, fair enough, I'll still be an owner.

As for rule changes:

No problem switching to total points as the first tiebreaker.

I agree with gianmarco, would like to see the Goals Against dropped from .5 to .25 or even .2/each

Just a thought for D scoring, maybe increase the Game Started to 3 and Game Played to 1.5. This might encourage teams to start more D's and fatten the waiver wire with Midfielders. Putting it out there for thought, or, in other words, my :2cents:

Minus one for a Yellow doesn't bother me. My guys got lots of them, so I'm used to it.

I'd also like to see the setting for Multiple Position or Actual Position changed. Looking at the settings, there is no classification, as best I can tell. Everything is based on last season. My preference would be for at least a ten game threshold before players are given the M or changed to what they actually play.

Would also like the locked time of a released player decreased from 48-hours to 24-hours, or even less.

My likes:

Players are locked five minutes before the match. I have no desire to see lineups locked longer than that. There were occasions when I needed all that time just to find dudes playing on a given weekend.

Non-Defender scoring across all other positions

The lineup structure

The Draft structure and order determination

The competition in general. Eight of the fourteen teams compiled twenty wins, very impressive. Only one team managed single digit losses. Good job @Sinn Fein

The work by the commissioners. I feel like this thread was updated accordingly and informatively. Thanks very much. :thumbup:

I'd play again next season, although the scoring rules reminded me of playing in TD only fantasy leagues ages ago.  About 2-3 months into the season, I found myself playing (and liking) the scoring system on DraftKings and I also joined a league on PlayTogga.  I liked both of those scoring systems more, but playtogga really had a lot of kinks to work out.  

The scoring system is limited by what categories Fantrax supports.  It was originally modeled on the official EPL game which was where we ran clone leagues before Fantrax.  Attacking players will always have the advantage because of the lack of meaningful defensive metrics but all in all, the current scoring system is relatively balanced.

The tiebreak rule should be changed especially because I got shafted by it this season.  I don't think Fantrax can handle anything but linear negative scoring for goals against.  I kind of like the current penalties for yellow cards.

Users who are viewing this thread