What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 *Official* Cold Brew Coffee Thread (1 Viewer)

Gonna try to make some cold brew myself for the first time.  No special equipment, I have some dark roast coffee and a big mason jar and just planning to wing it.  Any good recommendations for ratio of coffee/water?  How long to steep for?  Google has been more confusing than anything, I've seen a wide variety of ratios and times.

Gonna try to make some cold brew myself for the first time.  No special equipment, I have some dark roast coffee and a big mason jar and just planning to wing it.  Any good recommendations for ratio of coffee/water?  How long to steep for?  Google has been more confusing than anything, I've seen a wide variety of ratios and times.

I vowed never to return here after the changes, (R.I.P. Yoga pants) but you caught me in a bored moment when the reddit and discord were quiet.  Let it sit for 24 hours and use maybe a pint of ground per gallon of water? No heat or hot water is the key.

typical ratio that I see is 1 lb. course ground coffee to 1 gallon of water -  then let it sit on the counter for 14-18 hours.  I got a coffee sock and it works great.  

a pint of ground per gallon of water?

1 lb. course ground coffee to 1 gallon of water
Thanks guys, I'm assuming these mean the same thing?  I can measure ground coffee in pounds, not sure I know what a pint of coffee grounds is.

In any case, if I do 1 lb. coffee / 1 gal. water, do you drink the finished product as-is?  Or does this result in concentrate that needs to be diluted?  I guess I can just wait and see tomorrow.  

Thanks guys, I'm assuming these mean the same thing?  I can measure ground coffee in pounds, not sure I know what a pint of coffee grounds is.

In any case, if I do 1 lb. coffee / 1 gal. water, do you drink the finished product as-is?  Or does this result in concentrate that needs to be diluted?  I guess I can just wait and see tomorrow.  
no, it's ready as-is.  If it's too strong for your taste, just back down on the amount of coffee some next time.  

Haven’t brewed a cup of coffee in years now. This stuff is amazing. 
update?

It's cold brew season...i'm going to finally get my own setup going.  Any new recommendations other than the top rated kits/setups on Amazon???

update?

It's cold brew season...i'm going to finally get my own setup going.  Any new recommendations other than the top rated kits/setups on Amazon???
Still drinking it. Never have hot coffee. Still make it but also like this brand Stok — it’s very smooth. Big fan. 

Users who are viewing this thread