What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 IBL (2 Viewers)

Uhh ohh breaking news 

Got a private message from dagorhir sent very early this morning.....telling me I'm banned for this year but can return in 2018 and of course no reason listed .....and after signing up for the different drafts I cant access any of them today 

here's the message 

" sorry man, i like you but it was decided last year that you would sit out 1 year.

you are more than welcome back in 2018.

good luck,  "

i do have the obvious solution to this dilemma ?

and the biggest question I have is why after being approved for entry to the league for several days I get this message on the morning of the draft......I haven't responded just thought I would post it here 

Uhh ohh breaking news 

Got a private message from dagorhir sent very early this morning.....telling me I'm banned for this year but can return in 2018 and of course no reason listed .....and after signing up for the different drafts I cant access any of them today 

here's the message 

" sorry man, i like you but it was decided last year that you would sit out 1 year.

good luck,  "

and the biggest question I have is why after being approved for entry to the league for several days I get this message on the morning of the draft......I haven't responded just thought I would post it here 
That is ridiculous...

Uhh ohh breaking news 

here's the message 

good luck,  "

Seems to be a glitch in communications as Rene already went through the process of vetting you this year and got the "green" light from the Commissioners board. Someone else overriding the boards decision? Why do we (you) get this notice at the very last minute? Team FBG was willing to work around you not being involved this year and negotiations were made in good faith. Now this? At the last minute? We should consider the effect this has on the team as a whole as we now need to find a replacement at the very last second for your draft today. Maybe a boycott is warranted? Just don't know the correct response here. I'll go with whatever the majority of the team feels is the right thing to do.

Rody

Rene is prolly sleeping now so someone has to.
rene said above he was leaving town on vacation but would check in occasionally.....early response was this from James....

"This is Dag's crusade. Dag says he didn't see the posts until 2 days ago. The problem lays in it was a year ago since Clash was discussed. I don't recall if there was a decision or not. Dag recalls an agreement on a 1 year suspension. FFLW is defunct leaving us up in the air as to what exactly was discussed. IDK what to do honestly. I guess Dag locked Clash out or got Killer Fins to do so. I think Dan was picking behind or close to Clash last year so it is possible there were enough votes to ban Clash. I wish I knew definitively. Dag has been working hard to get the last two teams up to 12. So he is stressed out.

Clash hasn't been a high volume trader so perhaps pretty much a straight draft for the team would be possible with Clash in on the "consensus pick" Dag mentioned earlier.

Maybe a "new" guy from FBG can be found with an email not already associated with Clash  

Anybody on the team have an alias over there with an email address that's not important?"

Rene's not leaving until tomorrow morning.

So one guy (albeit, a top guy,) has a continuing beef and decides he's making a decision that's contradictory to what the board has already decided. Good to know. I'm considering removing myself from this league if these kinds of shenanigans are permitted to stand. I'm no master of this game but, I did finish second on the team last year after playoffs concluded.

Rody

Last edited by a moderator:
Dagohir's reponse....

Hi Ref,

Thanks for writing me.
There was miscommunication when i was loopy from pain meds a few weeks ago.

Last year in the Commish thread we decided that we had had enough of Clash's stalling and pissing off multiple players. he was suspended for 1 year but we let him finish the season.
this 'approval' a week or so ago didn't go through all the commishes and did NOT have a vote on it a few weeks ago.
It was decided last year.

according to what i see Clash was added friday night and then added to the sites last night or yesterday.

i have stated he cannot come back and is suspended for the year previously and am adamant on the previous year's decision by the majority of Commisioners and by Clash's track record for being disruptive year after year.

Clash is more than welcome to play again in 2018.

I have already stated that I/We know you guys can't pull a player out of midair today and have requested you pick by FBG Committee for the 1.10B Draft Slot.

Let me know if there is anyway I can help.

Thanks,

Dag

Someone needs to send Dag this message....

BassNBrew is willing to jump in to replace Clash.  He stepped out this year because he's in the middle of a remodeling project and move.  His picks will definitely be slower than Clashes by a bunch, but you'll get to prove your point at the expense of everyone in that draft.

I this flies, I suggest putting me in a league that drafts later and has the fewest number of FBGs in it.

I knew when I signed up over there I should have just created a new name 

this entire saga is just unexplainable......never at  any point have i ever stalled a draft to make people mad that I've never met in real life in a fantasy football draft for Pete's sake .....I have far too many important things going on in my life.....i honestly feel some people cannot separate fantasy from reality and take their usernames and titles way too serious 

my solution was to create a new name and alias and retire " clash of the titans "

that would satisfy the ban 

I know they can come in here and read this but I really don't give a ####....

I like some of the others are not real happy with the way all this went down and part of me feels like walking away as well....but in the best interest of "representing" FBG I'm not sure we should do that.....

how about we just sign Bass up....he gives Clash his password and they semi tag team this mutha f'er with Clash taking the lead...they can decide on what email they want to receive offers on, etc...or they can just say screw it and not do any trades and just pick....

I can be the biggest little "get back games cry baby #####" with the best of em....and I love to prove a point....but we probably need to try and be the bigger person here and stay classy...it's like I have Rene on my shoulder or some ####...

but then again I'm down with saying #### it and bailing if thats what we want to do....

I knew when I signed up over there I should have just created a new name 

this entire saga is just unexplainable......never at  any point have i ever stalled a draft to make people mad that I've never met in real life in a fantasy football draft for Pete's sake .....I have far too many important things going on in my life.....i honestly feel some people cannot separate fantasy from reality and take their usernames and titles way too serious 

my solution was to create a new name and alias and retire " clash of the titans "

that would satisfy the ban 
I say we give em Bass's stuff....instead of yo making a fake name....and then between the two of you guys, you just figure it out...

My plan this year was to just do a straight draft with no trades .....the last couple of years people have been increasingly difficult to trade with.......they either leave you hanging after you or they offer a deal......or you agree to a trade and then they counter with something else to get that last one up......

this is is what happened to me last year when I was in the 9th round on one draft and it almost used my time up 

my reponse to dagohir

Not sure if Renesauz (or Clash for that matter) was aware of the year long suspension handed out last year.  It was never mentioned on our board even during recent discussions on the matter with Renesauz on this topic, and something I think he would have mentioned and probably at least remembered heading into this year.

I don't know, maybe it slipped his mind.

But he indicated Clash was good to go after recent discussions with the commishs, so for those that WERE involved, none of them reminded him of the previously agreed upon suspension either.  

So it must not have been real clear to several people.

As a team, our team is getting a little frustrated by this and feel that Clash is being singled out here a little and an example trying to be made, even though there are many people who have issues with the clock.

Clash has been in this league since 2005, he has NEVER missed a pick, never abandoned his team in any season, always submitted a lineup each week all with players active, and never stopped trying to improve his team through waivers.  There were times he got caught in a bad spot, and he recognizes that, which can happen to anybody, but bottom line, he never timed out.  

So I don't know if the commish's all need to get together again, when not on pain meds or whatever, cause it sounds like there is some confusion on that end, even very recently.  

Feels like getting jerked around a little when:

1. not being made aware of whatever suspension was decided on last year (Clash probably should have been notified directly and immediately, that would have been a nice touch). So he thought everything was fine after last year. 

2. get's told everything is still fine this year and he is good to go after "discussions by the commishs"

3. signs up and submits his info for this year

4. and then not until THE DAY OF THE DRAFT starting this year is he told he got suspended (last year)

We will work things out and respect decisions that are made, but I think we can all agree this wasn't handled very well.

Thanks.

Ref

My plan this year was to just do a straight draft with no trades .....the last couple of years people have been increasingly difficult to trade with.......they either leave you hanging after you or they offer a deal......or you agree to a trade and then they counter with something else to get that last one up......

this is is what happened to me last year when I was in the 9th round on one draft and it almost used my time up 
If that's your plan I'd propose that maybe you guys swap into my 3-slot in the G draft since I need to move to an earlier draft anyway (due to my schedule) and I'll take 10B. Rene PM'd me to point out we can just go an 18-for-18 intra trade to make that happen ...

I probably won't make a ton of trades either since this is my first rodeo, but reading prior years' threads it seems like we need to be at least a little bit active from the early drafts to stay competitive. And frankly the 10-12 region has been kind of a 'dead zone' in most mocks I've done so I'm not sure how much you'll like the team if you stay completely put ... that fact in and of itself will encourage me to get on the trading horse ...

Totally up to you of course, just want to do what's best for team FBG here.

.....the last couple of years people have been increasingly difficult to trade with.......they either leave you hanging after you or they offer a deal......or you agree to a trade and then they counter with something else to get that last one up...............
This has happened to me on multiple occasions.   The latter in particular, making you out to look like the bad guy.

just keeping you updated.....from dagohir after my reply above...

"i have to eat dinner and then will reply to this.

i will say this now and then go into detail when i get done eating.

clash was denied a few weeks ago by myself reminding everyone he was suspended.
then some one suggested he wanted back in or the like and while i was away two or three commishes said okay, one under the impression that i said it was okay.

since then i have reminded them of his previous issues with the clock.

we are not picking on or signaling out FBG's.

we are signaling out clash and his numerous run ins with clock abuse and pissing multitudes of other players off.

this happens every year and you are well aware of it.
some one wrote that 'he knows he dodged a bullet' or the like.
he didn't. we let him finish the season and he was suspended for 1 year.

he wasn't being added till friday night so this didn't happen 2-3 weeks ago.

k, i gotta run and will address your points in a few hours.

thanks for your time.

steve"

I'm sticking it out this year.

Move Mr. I up to 10B and put Bass in his slot.

I will not make any trades this year (rarely do.....)

If offered a trade I will not reply. When the drafts stall I'll complain about it. (I've NEVER complained about anything in IBL.....EVER.)

Then I'll go out and win the whole damn thing.

I have texted renesauz....he is aware of what is going on but won't be online until this evening.....my response to dagohir before I get his after dinner response he promised me...

"will respectfully wait for more of a response from you but either way, I'm not a defense attorney, but if I was...lol

I can't get past the use of "abusing the clock" when someone doesn't time out....I know if everybody waited till the last minute, these things would never end....if someone doesn't time out, then in this situation, it would seem the problem is with the rules and not with the individual.....

and just because it "pisses people off" doesn't mean you jump to a suspension.....if he is being suspended for something else (getting sideways with someone, threatening someone, whatever, etc) then ok....but even if he was waiting till the last 10 seconds with every pick....TECHNICALLY he hasn't done anything wrong.....

you may walk into a bank with plans to rob the bank, but until you actually rob it you are just a customer....you can't get arrested because in your head you were thinking about it....

I've gotten sideways on occasion over a few things and probably pissed some people off....but that happens in these things....some people take this stuff pretty seriously....probably too seriously....but hard to suspend a guy for abusing the clock when he hasn't missed a pick in 12 years...

just sayin....

Thanks for the discussion.

Ref"

I will make one comment. If you're not making trades to maximize draft value you have a very slim chance of winning this league
Hmmm......not sure I agree here. I know trading can be super beneficial to others but, for me, I never get any good offers during the drafts. Just always seems like "whomever" is trying to play me for a fool......hoping I hit accept by accident or something. Done very little trading during drafts over the years and I've always fielded respectable teams. Yes, I prolly won't win whole thing.....just in a pissy mood about this whole bit of shenanigans regarding Clash.

Thanks for the tip. It's appreciated.

old mil....where did you post something about us leaving apparently you pissed in somebodies wheaties....

from dagohir

"first off, please tell old milwaukee to delete his post in that thread.
if you guys want to walk then do it.

don't make threats.

i'lll await your reply."

my reply to him:

might be better if he hears it from you...I'm not a commish or messenger boy

I appreciate everyone defending me and the kind words......here's the official " suspension notice " dagorhir just messaged me....at no point did anyone every tell me I am in danger of being suspended...that's a bold face lie....he simply trying to rectify this ordeal and save face with the league and other Commishes 

Hello Clash,
its been brought to my attention you are trying to get on the FBG's club again but Dan and I among others warned you about milking the clock and it was decided by vote in the now hacked FFLW Commish Forum that you wouldn't be welcomed back in 2017. your commish should have informed you and i'm pretty sure we did as well.
i have now taken over as Dan(FFT) has stepped down and I am notifying you that you have a 1 Year Suspension from the IBL.
You may return in 2018.
I groove on you Clash, I do, but you just abused the Clock too many times every year and it resulted in your 1 year suspension.
Take Care,
Steve K. 
aka Dagorhir

i will respect what you guys decide....I will be more than happy to create an alias for bass n brew and draft in his name.....I apologize for any trouble I have caused .....it was never intentional in any way 

I'm fighting the good fight brother....this probably won't end well...

read from bottom up.....as thats how they came to me...I bolded the beginnings....not sure what the middle one means where he says "you mean clash"....I think that is a response to me telling him to tell Old MIl himself if he had a problem instead of me doing it...this top response is what I just sent....dude is on a power trip....

Re: Clash of the Titans

Sent: Mon 07.31.2017, 13:03
by Stinkin Ref

not t o be a d-bag....but you said if you recall correctly (the other 5)....meaning you are not really sure and you leaving the door open for being wrong about that....so 5-3 could really be 4-4 or 3-5 the other way if you are wrong...

so bottom line you are saying making your pick or transaction in the allotted time by rule is against the rules somehow and suspend-able....if some group chooses to bring it up and vote on it....

and you are also saying getting kicked out of the league for said "violation" even though it really isn't a violation is the "lightest" penalty......let's not maybe shorten his clock, or not allow him to trade, or pick his draft slot, maybe something back to back, maybe if he times out ever (which he has never done) then you kick him out....or any combination.....but no...let's just kick him out....

you (guys, whoever that is)...do realize that you would be laughed out of any courtroom or union vs league meeting/discussion for this "voting" and handing down a suspension for something where somebody didn't do anything wrong and was playing by the very rules you created....you are actually making up a rule as you go along with this vote..

new rule #1: if an owner is taking too long to pick even though they are not actually timing out, we reserve the right to just call a vote and that owner will be kicked out of the league the following year....

bravo.....(insert golf clap)...

a guy hasn't timed out in 12 years and he is abusing/milking the clock....I don't care who you are....that's pretty funny.....

Sent: Mon 07.31.2017, 12:15
by _Dagorhir_

hello Ref,

I've messaged Clash about his suspension.

look we don't want to lose a die hard like Clash but the repeated milking just upset too many players who would wait hours and hours while 'seeing' him online... over and over again...

the one year suspension is of course i think the 'lightest' penalty we could vote on as well.
as i mentioned before he's free to come back in 2018.

please let me know if i can help you with this.
i can maybe get Voltaire to come back and he's as strong as Clash.

thank you

dag
steve

Sent: Mon 07.31.2017, 12:04
by _Dagorhir_

okay.

you mean clash?

i'll message him since the message i left at FFT was before he was registered here.

thanks for working this out with me.

i sincerely appreciate it.

Sent: Mon 07.31.2017, 12:02
by _Dagorhir_

i think my last response is inappropriate.
i apologise.

you have stated trying to work through this so i will.

---i stated friday that clash was suspended, not this morning.

yet clash was still added later that day.

here is my post from friday morning:

PM sent to Clash at FFT:

Hello Clash,
its been brought to my attention you are trying to get on the FBG's club again but Dan and I among others warned you about milking the clock and it was decided in the now hacked FFLW Commish Forum that you wouldn't be welcomed back in 2017. i have now taken over at Dan(FFT) has stepped down and I am notifying you that you have a 1 Year Suspension from the IBL.
You may return in 2018.
I groove on you Clash, I do, but you just abused the Clock too many times every year and it resulted in your 1 year suspension.
Take Care,
Steve K. 
aka Dagorhir

this shouldn't have been a surprise.

Clash continually has milked the clock, yes, while never timing out but getting really damb close. 
every year he pisses off 80 guys it seems.
he's been warned over and over.
clash has been seen online while OTC and then leaving for hours and hours, milking and milking and it has to stop.
this resulting in finally a 1 year suspension.
not a ban like axe elf got, but a 1 year suspension.

i can understand you guys don't want to lose clash, i do. i lie clash, he is solid but he has been warned over and over.

i will not waste time brining this to a vote when the issue is not fresh in the voters' heads.
besides, this was already decided.

sleeperU abstained
zealots may have sided with clash and of course FBG's sided with clash(understandably so).
that leaves LW, SO, FFT, Huddle and Sharks.
if i recall correctly those last 5 all voted to suspend him for one year.

i understand that it isn't easy to take losing a player like clash. i do. i honestly do, but the Vote suspended him as a whole entity.
it's every year.

k, i gotta reread your last and reply to that.

thanks,

steve

whole thing seems pretty silly. how do you know someone is milking the clock? they could be online trying to work out trades. or logged in to the MFL page, but busy doing other things.

update from god dagohir....

"okay looks like i struck nerve.

let me rephrase this.

you were informed he couldn't play friday and instead of complying and getting another player you believed he would get by by 'dodging a bullet' for the umpteenth time.

i'll be back.

thanks for your reply."

my response:

I'm not sure what that really means...not a nerve thing at all...its just a matter of principle....nobody knows what milking the clock really is....you could be trying to work trades....you could be logged onto the MFL page on your computer and doing other things, so it looks like you are there....but you are not...hell I usually have that window open throughout the day some days, but I'm not really paying attention...could be anything 

I wasn't informed of anything...again I am not a commish...and I didn't not comply with anything....and I didn't believe I could get by with anything...or dodge any bullets.....but I am also not going to throw Renesauz under the bus until he has time to represent himself this evening....I'm just trying to figure whats going on since Renesauz is out of pocket till tonight....

we are actually trying to be pretty cool about this since the ways things were handled wasn't real great....did Clash get a chance to speak for himself during his suspension discussions.....should he have had that opportunity..?..I think you are setting a a pretty crappy precedent with this "milking of the clock" thing.....

Clash played by the rules....and just because he didn't play the way some people wanted him too....he gets kicked out.....

if you don't like the clock....change the clock....not the people abiding by it....

Thanks.

Ref

This whole episode reaks of childish pettiness borne from some perceived slight a few years ago. It's leaving a really bad taste in my mouth and I'm now on the fence again about remaining a participant in this league.

Meanwhile ... at this very moment ... here's the league chat going on in the B draft room:

Stewburtx8 (FFT 7E)Can we expect a pick or trade soon?

Tsunami3633 (HUD 4B)i'm being told that i will be replaced if i don't pick in 30 minutes though i have 6 hours on the clock. wtf is this league

Stewburtx8 (FFT 7E)The 12 hour clock is for people who go OTC overnight, get stuck with work or family obligations. Using the 12 hour clock is NOT a right

Stewburtx8 (FFT 7E)Once you are here, communicate your plans. You then realistically should need 1-2 hours to review trades, talk to teammates ,etc.... anything much longer than that is abusing the clock in my opinion

_Dagorhir_ (LW Ronin 8C)T3633, you woke up about 2-3 hours into your clock, thats not the problem, the problem is you have been waiting for trades to appear and they won't, not at your prices.

_Dagorhir_ (LW Ronin 8C)i told you about using the clock in the emails with the rest of TheHuddle. did you not understand what i was explaining?

Tsunami3633 (HUD 4B)it would go faster if i didn't have to deal with threats from cheating commissioners

:lmao:  

Is this a FF draft room or a middle-school cafeteria?

Why don't they suspend the clock overnight and shorten it to something more reasonable during normal business hours? This is silly without better communication in what's expected. 

If I stick this out for "fun" I'm going to get tempted to use a reasonable amount of "clock" to get around to making my selection..........just cuz.....ya know. 

I'm not a spiteful person in the least and I tend to be a forgive-n-forget type but, I'm feeling like I have to make a point when I draft. Just how I feel now. Not likely to happen when it comes down to it.

I really don't care if other boards read this or not.

boys I'm about ready to call it a day and bounce from this league if this Dagohir guy is the new "main guy" which I have a feeling he is.....his boner for Clash is off the charts...

latest responses....I have not replied and doubt if I will....unless I start drinking tonight and darn it I wasn't planning on drinking tonight......

Dagohir first response:

clash is suspended for these just dating back the previous two years.
Clash lives in Alabama, he stalls drafts over night pissing off anybody west of him, yes, anybody west of the mississippi is just SOL.
He is seen at these drafts leaving dn coming back and then leaving again.

please get another player and let me know if you need any help.

---2015---

stalling begins...

8.01    85.    Scurvy (DFW 12H)    Ryan, Matt ATL QB    Sun Aug 17 3:03:30 p.m. ET 2014    -    Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
8.02    86.    Usual Suspects (FFT 1F)    Boldin, Anquan SFO WR    Sun Aug 17 7:56:09 p.m. ET 2014    -    
8.03    87.    efactor (SO 9C)    Foles, Nick PHI QB    Sun Aug 17 8:49:10 p.m. ET 2014    -    
8.04    88.    Clash of the Titans (FBG 9H)    Shorts, Cecil JAC WR    Mon Aug 18 6:28:23 a.m. ET 2014    -    
8.05    89.    Valence (FBG 5D)    Griffin III, Robert WAS QB    Mon Aug 18 6:28:24 a.m. ET 2014

OMG, the very next round!!! Seriously???
misses 12 hours by 10 minutes!!!

9.11    107.    HitNRun (GURU 7H)    Clay, Charles MIA TE    Tue Aug 19 9:30:21 p.m. ET 2014    -    
9.12    108.    Scurvy (DFW 12H)    Miller, Heath PIT TE    Tue Aug 19 9:30:22 p.m. ET 2014    -    Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
10.01    109.    Scurvy (DFW 12H)    Austin, Tavon STL WR    Tue Aug 19 9:30:22 p.m. ET 2014    -    Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
10.02    110.    Dan (FFT 11H)    Jones-Drew, Maurice OAK RB    Tue Aug 19 10:23:58 p.m. ET 2014    -    
10.03    111.    Packman (GURU 3C)    Smith, Steve BAL WR    Tue Aug 19 10:23:59 p.m. ET 2014    -    Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
10.04    112.    Clash of the Titans (FBG 9H)    Brady, Tom NEP QB    Wed Aug 20 10:14:13 a.m. ET 2014    -    
10.05    113.    625James (FS 11D)    Miller, Lamar MIA RB    Wed Aug 20 10:14:14 a.m. ET 2014

----2016---

stalls H Draft Twice last year.

7.11    83.    Dan (FFT 11H)    Gordon, Josh CLE WR    Sun Aug 17 3:03:29 p.m. ET 2014    -    At some point, you just close your eyes, feel the force, and swing . . .
7.12    84.    Scurvy (DFW 12H)    Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR    Sun Aug 17 3:03:30 p.m. ET 2014    -    Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
8.01    85.    Scurvy (DFW 12H)    Ryan, Matt ATL QB    Sun Aug 17 3:03:30 p.m. ET 2014    -    Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
8.02    86.    Usual Suspects (FFT 1F)    Boldin, Anquan SFO WR    Sun Aug 17 7:56:09 p.m. ET 2014    -    
8.03    87.    efactor (SO 9C)    Foles, Nick PHI QB    Sun Aug 17 8:49:10 p.m. ET 2014    -    
8.04    88.    Clash of the Titans (FBG 9H)    Shorts, Cecil JAC WR    Mon Aug 18 6:28:23 a.m. ET 2014    -    
8.05    89.    Valence (FBG 5D)    Griffin III, Robert WAS QB    Mon Aug 18 6:28:24 a.m. ET 2014

this draft is cruising, yet Clash decides to stall it AGAIN overnight.

9.09    105.    Clash of the Titans (FBG 9H)    Cooper, Riley PHI WR    Tue Aug 19 7:39:36 p.m. ET 2014    -    
9.10    106.    Chavez (FS 5A)    Kaepernick, Colin SFO QB    Tue Aug 19 7:45:44 p.m. ET 2014    -    
9.11    107.    HitNRun (GURU 7H)    Clay, Charles MIA TE    Tue Aug 19 9:30:21 p.m. ET 2014    -    
9.12    108.    Scurvy (DFW 12H)    Miller, Heath PIT TE    Tue Aug 19 9:30:22 p.m. ET 2014    -    Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
10.01    109.    Scurvy (DFW 12H)    Austin, Tavon STL WR    Tue Aug 19 9:30:22 p.m. ET 2014    -    Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
10.02    110.    Dan (FFT 11H)    Jones-Drew, Maurice OAK RB    Tue Aug 19 10:23:58 p.m. ET 2014    -    
10.03    111.    Packman (GURU 3C)    Smith, Steve BAL WR    Tue Aug 19 10:23:59 p.m. ET 2014    -    Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
10.04    112.    Clash of the Titans (FBG 9H)    Brady, Tom NEP QB    Wed Aug 20 10:14:13 a.m. ET 2014    -    
10.05    113.    625James (FS 11D)    Miller, Lamar MIA RB

Dagohir second response:

so you're just stalling all this till renesauz gets back?

by that time 1.10B may be up.

please be prepared to make a pick then.
let me know if you need to recruit.

you talk about 'principle' ???
com'on man. 849pm EST, thats not even 8pm Clash's time and he stalled it out over night?

people have received trade offers from clash during these times so yes, he is active and knows whats going on, yes it sucks when the guy you want isn't there and you have to pick somebody u don't want but it happens.

I wasn't informed of anything...again I am not a commish...and I didn't not comply with anything....and I didn't believe I could get by with anything...or dodge any bullets.....

------------Fantastic, you have absolutely NEVER been a problem, thank you for being that way.

but I am also not going to throw Renesauz under the bus until he has time to represent himself this evening....I'm just trying to figure whats going on since Renesauz is out of pocket till tonight....

----you are not throwing renesuaz under the bus etc. this matter is closed, voted on last year, we have heard Clash's defense and then voted after hearing it from the FBG's commish last year.

we are actually trying to be pretty cool about this since the ways things were handled wasn't real great....did Clash get a chance to speak for himself during his suspension discussions.....should he have had that opportunity..?..I think you are setting a a pretty crappy precedent with this "milking of the clock" thing.....

----my previous PM explains it for you one the course of two years.

Clash played by the rules....and just because he didn't play the way some people wanted him too....he gets kicked out.....

----- he didn't get kicked out, Axe Elf got kicked out. Clash got suspended for 1 year.

if you don't like the clock....change the clock....not the people abiding by it....

---clock works great for 95 other Players, we'll keep it. :D

Thanks.

Thank you and please be prepared to pick at 1.10B

dag

Ohh wow reading this makes me cringe and wonder what kind of lives some of these folks lead where they have time to document this......you would think lots of money and government secrets are on the line! 

I have been monitoring the drafts today......I see jordy Nelson is available at 1.10 in A......I would love to move over and snag him as I see someone took shady McCoy at 1.9......but all we can do is play this pathetic waiting game 

Sorry y'all....was working dayshift today and had an incredibly busy shift...one of my patients coded twice and kept me hopping alive though! :D )

Just to clarify from my end...as soon as I had access to the commish forum at SHarks I posted re. CLash, and stated that I remember discussions about him last year and the idea floated to suspend him for this year, but that I wasn't sure if an official decision had actually been made...IE: I opened up the discussion looking for quick resolution. Meanwhile, I let clash know via PM that said discussion occured last year and that I had to get resolution before I could put him back on the team.

After an ENTIRE WEEK, only one other commish replied to that thread, and he had no problem with it. At that point, I made the decision to NOT leave CLash hanging, and told him as far as I was concerned he was on the team. WHen I posted our team at sharks A WEEK AGO, CLash was listed as a team-mate.

Then Dag started his stuff 3 or 4 days ago, and sent CLash a OM at another board-site BEFORE talking to me at all. I saw this late Friday night. With an all day event to go to Saturday, then 13 hour shifts Sunday and today, there was no way for me to put any time into it. I quoted him in the commish forum, and told him it was too late...that Clash was already told he could be n the team and that if he was that serious about it he should have responded two weeks ago instead of now.

And that's the last I heard or saw until ref was texting me this afternoon. This was handled TERRIBLY by Dag, and I'm kind of pissed off about it.I stated two weeks ago I would go with any official decision made by the commisioners, but nothing was discussed this year...any discussions that existed re. this topic are lost in cyberspace and occured last August.

I'm going to head over to Sharks now and find out what I can.

Meanwhile our 1.10 pick is about to be on the clock in B ........which brings another problem it's 10 est and at this time of night...it's is hard to make any trades until tomorrow morning when 8 hours or so has expired ......I seem to have had that that happen several times in each draft since they went to this short clock a few years ago.....just a heads up 

thanks for being a leader and trying to take care of this 

Meanwhile our 1.10 pick is about to be on the clock in B ........which brings another problem it's 10 est and at this time of night...it's is hard to make any trades until tomorrow morning when 8 hours or so has expired ......I seem to have had that that happen several times in each draft since they went to this short clock a few years ago.....just a heads up 

thanks for being a leader and trying to take care of this 
Sorry for the issues...I've been pretty open with you about it I think though.

They haven't even posted commish passwords so I can't even make the pick. And I'm exhausted...tough day.

Worst case Ill be able to check in early in the AM and hopefully have access then. Posted a fight with Dag, but I think he might be out for the evening now. NOt sure I'll win this fight, but I'm very unhappy with how he's handled it. I was willing to go along with an official group decision but he apparently thinks said decision was made last year and ignored or didn't see my post for almost two weeks. I love this league but won't stick around past this year he's gonna run it like this.

Post who you want and I'll pass it on...they are cool with us making a consensus pick until it gets figured out

FWIW from reading the chat the guy OTC at 1.09B is UK-based so most likely won't make a pick for another few hours - that'll buy us some time.

I'm still OK with moving into B and giving my slot in G to Clash, BnB, whoever. Probably wouldn't bother trying to trade out of 1.10 regardless as I like two names left about equally.

Thanks to Ref and Rene for trying to do right by us through this whole fiasco.

Users who are viewing this thread