What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***2017 Official Miami Dolphins*** Year Two Gase (1 Viewer)

Just a gut punch.  A Pro Bowl running back halfway through his 3rd season being dealt for a 4th round pick.  Rumors Landry may go too.

:kicksrock:  
I think I am at the point of not caring anymore about this team.  Too many years of disappointments, and shocking displays of ineptitude.  As I have gotten older, I have really begun to question why I give this team any of my time/emotions/money.    I have nothing vested in this team other than a childhood idol in number 13.  Even he couldn't bring home the prize.  I think I am jumping off this train.  It is not giving me back anywhere near what I put into it.  I am going all-fantasy with my football interests, with zero loyalty to this or any other real team.  I have officially had enough.

I think I am at the point of not caring anymore about this team.  Too many years of disappointments, and shocking displays of ineptitude.  As I have gotten older, I have really begun to question why I give this team any of my time/emotions/money.    I have nothing vested in this team other than a childhood idol in number 13.  Even he couldn't bring home the prize.  I think I am jumping off this train.  It is not giving me back anywhere near what I put into it.  I am going all-fantasy with my football interests, with zero loyalty to this or any other real team.  I have officially had enough.
I've been at that point for the past few seasons. It started with Philbin staying coach as long As he did. Last year's run to the playoffs maybe opened the door a little to me caring a bit this year, but that door closed fast. I really hate Ross as an owner, and when he condoned taking a knee for the anthem earlier I lost interest in the team again. And as expected, Gase has become a clown as a head coach. Overreacting to a putrid loss where you couldn't get your team to show up and placing the blame on Ajayi for your horrid playcalling reinforces it. 

Gase crapped on the whole team instead of tweaking his scheme and now is unloading talent for pennies on the dollar. I don't get this...
That word for word sounds like a perfect description of Chip Kelly.

Probably not what Phins fans want to hear, but it's true.

Yeah.  I grew up in South Carolina watching #13.  I've lived in Charlotte the last 8 years and go to a couple of Panthers games each year.  I'm a fan of both by now, but still have preferred Miami.

Planning on going to the MNF game here in a couple of weeks, but really have very little Fins gear left.  Wanted to get a Landry jersey, but it seems clear the team is going to move on from the best offensive player they have had since peak Ricky Williams....Today puts me even more out of the mood.  Just hard to care anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
so Dolphins fans, Drake or Williams?
Drake would seem like the more obvious choice, but we are talking Miami, which rarely does anything that makes sense. Would not shock me if they give Williams 15 carries a game, just none inside the opponent's 5 LOL. On second thought, if they can actually get inside the opponent's 5, they will probably run him continuously because he's a plodder who'd never score. 

Maybe they bring back Daniel Thomas!

Drake would seem like the more obvious choice, but we are talking Miami, which rarely does anything that makes sense. Would not shock me if they give Williams 15 carries a game, just none inside the opponent's 5 LOL. On second thought, if they can actually get inside the opponent's 5, they will probably run him continuously because he's a plodder who'd never score. 

Maybe they bring back Daniel Thomas!
I think Daniel Thomas is a decent comparison for Williams with Miami. Williams is a bit faster than Thomas was and a better receiver, but not as good between the tackles. Poor vision, not as much power (not that Thomas was particularly good).

After it was reported that Landry described today’s practice as high energy, I’m reminded of last years OL cuts and the subsequent turn around. I’m cautiously optimistic that the trade causes a change in attitude and effort. Lots of games left, last year proved that. 

After it was reported that Landry described today’s practice as high energy, I’m reminded of last years OL cuts and the subsequent turn around. I’m cautiously optimistic that the trade causes a change in attitude and effort. Lots of games left, last year proved that. 
I have to think this is part of why they traded Jay. Gase is trying to send a message and get control of the team back.

Not as optimistic about the change leading to improved results though.

Last year he basically said he was wrong for not giving the starting job to Ajayi and jerking the RBs around. So he changed that and made Ajayi the starter.

But now this year he does the same thing. Not using Ajayi on 3rd downs then throwing him and other players under the bus to cover his own failure to improve the offense.

Doesn't seem to me he has learned a thing despite him saying he was wrong last year.

If what the beat writers are saying is true, him missing assignments was the reason Williams was in on 3rd down. 

He did say he’s changing some other things behind the scenes but the proof is in the pudding.  

I’m probably alone on this island, but I don’t mind the trade. I’m actually pretty excited to see what Drake can do  :shrug:

So where does the team go at QB in the off season?  

The assumption is that Cutler will be released and Tannehill reinserted as the starter.  But with Tannehill never rising beyond “above average” status with his on field performance, might this be an opportunity to start over in a QB rich draft?

Just hypothesizing here....

So where does the team go at QB in the off season?  

The assumption is that Cutler will be released and Tannehill reinserted as the starter.  But with Tannehill never rising beyond “above average” status with his on field performance, might this be an opportunity to start over in a QB rich draft?

Just hypothesizing here....
Life long Dolphins fan here. I vote move on from Tannehill if they can secure 1 of the top rookie prospects or someone like Cousins. Gase needs to go as well. They need help on the defensive side of the ball.

Looks like I see Tannehill's value higher than you do, though I'm not against drafting a QB, I'm actually for it.  They won't resign Cutler, I doubt they'll resign Moore so a backup is needed as well.

Tannehill was effective under Gase year 1 and frankly I was looking forward to seeing how much he was going to grow this year.  

Looks like I see Tannehill's value higher than you do, though I'm not against drafting a QB, I'm actually for it.  They won't resign Cutler, I doubt they'll resign Moore so a backup is needed as well.

Tannehill was effective under Gase year 1 and frankly I was looking forward to seeing how much he was going to grow this year.  
I think they should keep Moore if the price is right. Maybe trade Parker for help on D.

TripleThreat said:
He will be a 34 UFA and made 1.75M last year.  I like him as a backup but at what kinda money?  
Same money or close and I'd be ok with it unless there is a better FA we can sign.

MH has it that they’re talking about signing Cutler as the backup...  I can’t see paying him any more than Moore this year. 

Time to blow it up. Again. Is this team ever ready to play a road game? Embarrassing.  :bag:

And of course, they managed to win 6 games and are going to be out of the QB mix come draft day. But hey, maybe they can trade up and take another bust at defensive end. So done with this organization. 

I sure hope Gase picks a QB in round one. Watching so many teams teams turn their clubs around with a franchise signal caller (Wentz, Goff, Deshaun) makes me hopeful Miami will pull the trigger. There are many top QBs in this draft. Pick one, trade up for one - whatever it takes.

I sure hope Gase picks a QB in round one. Watching so many teams teams turn their clubs around with a franchise signal caller (Wentz, Goff, Deshaun) makes me hopeful Miami will pull the trigger. There are many top QBs in this draft. Pick one, trade up for one - whatever it takes.
You’re cherry picking their successes; also could argue it was Mcvay more than Goff that turned that franchise around

Yeah both years at some point Gase has said he is sick of the offense not executing his game plan. 

Well who is responsible for designing those plays and calling them every week though?

Don't understand the cast off Bears coaching staff but would like those that bashed the Ajayi trade to admit it wasn't as bad as you thought it was.

With the Eagles Ajayi had a best game of 91 yards and the last two games when Wentz was out and they needed to lean on the running game more he had 49 and 52 yards rushing, he did catch 4 passes one for a TD. So all total for the Eagles he had 408 yards rushing, 1TD, 91 yards receiving and a TD. Corey Clement had 4 TD's during that same span.  Meanwhile during that same period Drake had 550 yards rushing 3 TD's, 197 yards receiving and a TD. You could argue Ajayi had more competition in Blount and Clement but then again he also had Carson Wentz at QB until the last few games to make the defense respect the pass more. Ajayi became a JAG in a rotation of so so RB's after being traded and couldn't even take the lead back roll while Drake seemed to blossom.

Users who are viewing this thread