What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk to me about the slow draft.  How long do I have to pick?  What if I miss my window? 
pay attention or get out now. pickers will post an @Bob Loblaw when it's your turn. i don't like time limits but reserve the right to give you Boris Diaw any time i feel you're clogging things up

ETA: we have around 10 days to do 14 rounds and missing wk 1 aint the biggest deal in the world - we can be mellow but anybody who plays my-time-is-more-important-than-yours will get short-sheeted

Last edited by a moderator:
pay attention or get out now. pickers will post an @Bob Loblaw when it's your turn. i don't like time limits but reserve the right to give you Boris Diaw any time i feel you're clogging things up

ETA: we have around 10 days to do 14 rounds and missing wk 1 aint the biggest deal in the world - we can be mellow but anybody who plays my-time-is-more-important-than-yours will get short-sheeted
Why don't you create your own ####### thread instead of polluting this one?

well, i'm anxious to get this started. DJax & Doc Oc have yet to respond to the invites i sent last nite, but they wouldnt have sent me their addy's if they didnt want in and i'll have the forum pick for them if they're slow. someone impartial plz randomize:

@Spartans Rule

@Wu-banger

@Long Ball Larry

@Moe.

@bananafish

@Jayrod

@wikkidpissah

@DJackson10

@Dr. Octopus

@modogg

@TobiasFunke

@Good Posting Judge

@Bob Loblaw

@Juxtatarot
This draft and any other activity specific to this league will need to be held in a separate thread. Thanks, everyone.

This draft and any other activity specific to this league will need to be held in a separate thread. Thanks, everyone.
i'm so sick of this place i could scream. if i didnt have ongoing therapeutic relationships with folks on the message board and long & great friendships in the forums, i'd be gone. how the complaints of a few thread cops can get admin to entirely overstep their bounds & overrule the will of the majority continues to astound.

i am not herding cats in order to make this league go. as i originally did when i started it, the league is back on Yahoo Live Draft for 7:30pm est Sunday Oct 14. Do it with us or dont.

i'm so sick of this place i could scream. if i didnt have ongoing therapeutic relationships with folks on the message board and long & great friendships in the forums, i'd be gone. how the complaints of a few thread cops can get admin to entirely overstep their bounds & overrule the will of the majority continues to astound.

i am not herding cats in order to make this league go. as i originally did when i started it, the league is back on Yahoo Live Draft for 7:30pm est Sunday Oct 14. Do it with us or dont.
I think it would be fine in that other thread. If I give you an @wikkidpissah you get an alert and if you click it takes you right there.

Since I missed the boat on registration, I will throw my hat in the ring of potential co-owners. As someone who chooses to spend several nights/week watching the Nets, you can be assured that I have fantastic judgment in all things basketball.

Oh! I'm not in because I can't draft because I'm out of town the next two weeks, but does anyone want a co-owner?  I will gladly take credit for anything good and blame you for anything bad.  
i'd be up to co-own if you want bud. limit 2 T-wolves though

Since I missed the boat on registration, I will throw my hat in the ring of potential co-owners. As someone who chooses to spend several nights/week watching the Nets, you can be assured that I have fantastic judgment in all things basketball.
You and me, let’s do this 

and now a post of mine statistically supporting my objections without a single morsel of inflammatory language has been excised . league's over, out of this thread forever. excellent work

and now a post of mine statistically supporting my objections without a single morsel of inflammatory language has been excised . league's over, out of this thread forever. excellent work
Whether any inflammatory language is used or not, people aren't allowed to call out other posters.

I remove it when I see it, but I can't read every post.
Been to the politics forum ever?

Nobody was called out here. Mssr. Pissah merely pointed out that that a lion's share of the posting lately is done by people who are going to be in this draft. And the people who were complaining don't post much. That's no knock against them, he was just citing statistics. 

As someone who is now not in the league anymore b/c I can't make the live draft, I'd be fine with the draft being here. If I just need to find out what's going on in the NBA, I can go to 30,488 different other websites. The mouth-breathers in here never really say anything worthwhile in here anyway.

well, i'm anxious to get this started. DJax & Doc Oc have yet to respond to the invites i sent last nite, but they wouldnt have sent me their addy's if they didnt want in and i'll have the forum pick for them if they're slow. someone impartial plz randomize:

@Spartans Rule

@Wu-banger

@Long Ball Larry

@Moe.

@bananafish

@Jayrod

@wikkidpissah

@DJackson10

@Dr. Octopus

@modogg

@TobiasFunke

@Good Posting Judge

@Bob Loblaw

@Juxtatarot
Does anyone wanna jump in and take the reins here?

To determine a random draft order, I assigned each owner a number and generated a random sequence from random.org. Each owner's number was as follows:

@Spartans Rule 1

@Wu-banger 2

@Long Ball Larry 3

@Moe. 4

@bananafish 5

@Jayrod 6

@caustic 7

@DJackson10 8

@Dr. Octopus 9

@modogg 10

@TobiasFunke 11

@Good Posting Judge 12

@Bob Loblaw 13

@Juxtatarot 14

RESULTS:

Random Sequence Generator

Here is your sequence:

9 10 4 6 1 11 8 13 3 5 12 7 2 14

Timestamp: 2018-10-05 20:57:41 UTC

To determine a random draft order, I assigned each owner a number and generated a random sequence from random.org. Each owner's number was as follows:

@Spartans Rule 1

@Wu-banger 2

@Long Ball Larry 3

@Moe. 4

@bananafish 5

@Jayrod 6

@caustic 7

@DJackson10 8

@Dr. Octopus 9

@modogg 10

@TobiasFunke 11

@Good Posting Judge 12

@Bob Loblaw 13

@Juxtatarot 14

RESULTS:

Random Sequence Generator

Here is your sequence:

9 10 4 6 1 11 8 13 3 5 12 7 2 14

Timestamp: 2018-10-05 20:57:41 UTC
Thanks ... League still going on ? @wikkidpissah deleted it I thought.

Does anybody wanna commish? I'm ok with anybody.

Frosty and I are pending, as we can only do a slow draft. No biggie if we can't make it.
I can, as long as someone fills me in on the scoring/lineup settings etc. that were agreed upon in the original league. I think slow draft is best.

I say do the draft here. What else are we going to talk about here for the next couple of weeks? Whether or not a Jimmy Butler led Miami Heat team can steal a fifth seed in the Eastern Conference? 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread