What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Anarchy Leagues - They're Happening (1 Viewer)

To better explain, running these leagues is mentally draining (in addition to taking up a lot of time). Ask bueno how it is to keep No Mercy afloat. It can take me 5 or 6 tries to get folks out of hibernation just to check in and commit to a league. Of course, if I replace someone and start a draft, then the original team owner has a conniption and wants me to give the new team the old heave-ho.

Or I can set a league up and turn on the draft and people go AWOL to start the draft and the other owners want to decapitate them and have them replaced. The next issue has always been what happens when someone disappears. A few times I have started drafts and had to replace 4 owners while everyone else sat around (but it took a while to figure that I needed to replace 4 teams).

If I turn the timer on, each round people will miss picks and we've tried having the MFL system award a player (which usually will be a guy already on IR). Given that is forcing a 0 on a roster spot in a total points league, that is a death knell.

If I pick a player for that team, half the time the owner has an aneurysm that I picked the wrong player and then drops out mid draft. Or other owners will send me fan mail saying how dare I give TEAM X that player, that's who they were going to pick next!

When I've tried letting owners make a replacement pick for a computer generated pick, I have had people that may have already drafted their pick after that spot say they would rather have had the player thrown back into the free agent pool to be picked from.

I will probably still figure a way to do these again, but it's going to take some Xanax and bourbon to make it through.
Yep, being commish is all that!

I thought Anarchy was exaggerating the level of frustration these leagues could cause.

Then I saw that his announcement email, which included the all-caps instruction “DO NOT email me” had garnered two reply-alls within the first hour.

:wall:

I salute you, Anarchy.  You have the patience of a saint.  (An expression I presume derives from the Archie Manning era...)

I thought Anarchy was exaggerating the level of frustration these leagues could cause.

Then I saw that his announcement email, which included the all-caps instruction “DO NOT email me” had garnered two reply-alls within the first hour.

:wall:

I salute you, Anarchy.  You have the patience of a saint.  (An expression I presume derives from the Archie Manning era...)
:hey:

I like rattling David’s cage

Last edited by a moderator:
Already confirmed IN for Leagues 1 & 3, but I'm able to join others if we fall a few folks short.  Working from home these days and I'm basically online all the time.

i missed last year, would like back in. not in a league on the list at the moment, count me in for any league if there's space. thanks.

I PM'd people who are AWOL. I will given them a day to respond and then work on league set up on the weekend. As things stand now, we have enough people for 4 leagues, which is certainly better than trying to beg people to fill up 6 leagues. A couple people may lose an extra team, but I would rather do that than try to get 10 people to fill up a league (especially when it will be the same people that are already in multiple leagues). I guess that will depend who else of those missing wants to return.

Oh. And thanks to all those people that emailed me their status for this year. Appreciate it.
#ReadingIsFundamental

Thanks for the heads up David. I’m in 3-4 & 7. I can drop a team or teams if space is needed for new people

IN

I was in league 7, Las Vegas Gambler. I've got too much on my plate right now, so Im opting out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leagues 3 & 4 set up. Drafts turned on. League threads set up in Mock Draft Forum.

I will be setting up one more league. If there is anyone in any of these categories and still wants in, let me know and I can most likely get you in:

- Played in a league last year, opted out of all your leagues, changed your mind, and want back in
- Played in a league in any other year, dropped out altogether, and would like another shot at the title
- Are new and curious and want to be taken to the woodshed and beaten by a bunch of overweight, middle aged men

If so, post your interest and desire to participate.

FWIW...I would suggest that in order to participate you have to should sign up to get the TEXT ALERT WHEN YOU ARE OTC....
this is a really really good idea and though it shouldn't be mandatory, it's a really really good idea. you can set it so no one can see your number and just have the draft next pick alert turned on after adding your number. you know, it's a really really good idea.

this is a really really good idea and though it shouldn't be mandatory, it's a really really good idea. you can set it so no one can see your number and just have the draft next pick alert turned on after adding your number. you know, it's a really really good idea.
it has been "suggested/encouraged" since it became a feature.....yet "some" still refuse to use it...and I'll let you guess what "some" still hold up the drafts for extended periods of time....if requiring it causes a loss of participants....so be it....these drafts would be more fun/active and be done in about 1/4 of the time if people were text alerted when OTC....

Participating in a slow draft that takes roughly 2 weeks. That's it. No roster moves, no weekly lineups, no trades, no transactions. Draft and done.
If you need people for the 5th league, I'd do it. I'm reasonably dependable (actually, I love this stuff) and will give phone number for texting as per mentioned above.  

We lost a few from the Anarchy's ******* Love Child league if anyone wants to step in. 

- 32 team total points league, 1 PPR, crazy defensive scoring
- Runs from Week 1 through the Super Bowl. All rostered players count each and every week
- Start 1 TMQB - 2 RB - 3 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE) - 1 PK - DEF
- Slow draft, 320 total picks
- Each team is allowed one and only one waiver claim AFTER Week 1 has been completed but before Week 2. Waiver claim order is the reverse of the draft order
- Owners can make that one player swap and get the entire season of points from that player (and lose the scoring from the dropped player from Week 1)

Post in this thread if interested (or message me).

Users who are viewing this thread