What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***2018 Dallas Cowboys*** (1 Viewer)

tonydead said:
Drives me nuts. In his three years he something like second in completion percentage.  
I'm not sure what youre trying to say here.....Derek Carr has a high completion percentage....so does Alex Smith....neither one is a good deep passer.

Dak does not pressure defense say like Rodgers, Roethlispuker, or Mahomes.....that's all I'm trying to say....I wish he was more Tony Romo than Alex Smith.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what youre trying to say here.....Derek Carr has a high completion percentage....so does Alex Smith....neither one is a good deep passer.

Dak does not pressure defense say like Rodgers, Roethlispuker, or Mahomes.....that's all I'm trying to say....I wish he was more Tony Romo than Alex Smith.
A choking dog? No thanks.

Dak is the anti-Romo. 

Just for some perspective, no matter what happens today.....

Dak was a developmental quarterback who ideally should have sat and learned behind Romo. This season should have been the end of Romos tenure in Dallas and next year Dak would have gotten his first start. 

Instead, no matter what happens this season we will start off next season with a QB who has 48 starts, 33 wins, 2 NFC East titles, and at least two playoff games under his belt. That’s incredible. 

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!

Well you started by saying he needs to be more accurate. That's comp % and he has the highest comp % of any of those guys you just listed. I think he's second only to Brady in the three years he has played.  Carr and Smith don't have a high comp %, they're the two worst of the guys you listed as you would expect.  

If you want to say deep passes that's yards per catch. Ok his 11.2 needs to get a bit better to compare with Rogers 12.1, Romo 12.1 and Roth 12.2. But it's not as big a difference as everyone tries to make it out to be.  Let's see where he is in a couple more years.  Mahomes is really the only standout at 13.3. 

Well you started by saying he needs to be more accurate. That's comp % and he has the highest comp % of any of those guys you just listed. I think he's second only to Brady in the three years he has played.  Carr and Smith don't have a high comp %, they're the two worst of the guys you listed as you would expect.  

If you want to say deep passes that's yards per catch. Ok his 11.2 needs to get a bit better to compare with Rogers 12.1, Romo 12.1 and Roth 12.2. But it's not as big a difference as everyone tries to make it out to be.  Let's see where he is in a couple more years.  Mahomes is really the only standout at 13.3. 
You’re not wrong but we can all acknowledge that Dak can improve on his throws. Even when he hits guys it’s not always thrown to the most ideal location. 

On the flip side, every week I see Drew Brees, Rodgers and Brady miss wide open guys and nary a word is said. Dak misses a guy and twitter explodes. It’s the curse of being the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys. Romo went through the same unfair criticism. 

Luckily Dak gets better in the big moments and he doesn’t #### the bed like Romo did. 

You’re not wrong but we can all acknowledge that Dak can improve on his throws. Even when he hits guys it’s not always thrown to the most ideal location. 

On the flip side, every week I see Drew Brees, Rodgers and Brady miss wide open guys and nary a word is said. Dak misses a guy and twitter explodes. It’s the curse of being the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys. Room went through the same unfair criticism. 

Luckily Dak gets better in the big moments and he doesn’t #### the bed like Romo did. 
Oh sure, yeah.  Daks numbers are almost identical to Russell Wilson's in his first three years and then Russell took a step up. Hoping Dak gets to the next level in the next couple of years.  Look at any of the Hall of Famers and see what their numbers were at year 3; Brady, Brees, Rogers.  Unbelievable people have Dak all figured out at this point in his career. He's only 32-16 in regular season starts.  

Like it or not we need to sign Dak to a long term deal, whether it's in the off season or after next year.  Punting on him would set this team way back and there is no evidence to suggest he can't get this team to the top. 

Oh sure, yeah.  Daks numbers are almost identical to Russell Wilson's in his first three years and then Russell took a step up. Hoping Dak gets to the next level in the next couple of years.  Look at any of the Hall of Famers and see what their numbers were at year 3; Brady, Brees, Rogers.  Unbelievable people have Dak all figured out at this point in his career. He's only 32-16 in regular season starts.  

Like it or not we need to sign Dak to a long term deal, whether it's in the off season or after next year.  Punting on him would set this team way back and there is no evidence to suggest he can't get this team to the top. 
We’ve got to sit the whole team down and explain to them how we gotta figure out a way to keep as many of these guys as humanly possible as it’s in the best interest of everyone to sacrifice just a little monetarily in order to keep everything rolling. 

Obviously this is next to impossible as the agents will be in their ear and want their cut but the message will get through to a few of them. 

I HATE free agency and have been railing on the NFL to allow some type of discount against the cap for players that are homegrown/drafted. 

We’ve got to sit the whole team down and explain to them how we gotta figure out a way to keep as many of these guys as humanly possible as it’s in the best interest of everyone to sacrifice just a little monetarily in order to keep everything rolling. 

Obviously this is next to impossible as the agents will be in their ear and want their cut but the message will get through to a few of them. 

I HATE free agency and have been railing on the NFL to allow some type of discount against the cap for players that are homegrown/drafted. 
I wish. Money always trumps though.  Only way this happens is if Dak sets the example by signing for several million below market. Thats only wishful thinking. We might have had a dozen Lombardi trophies right now if it weren't for free agency and salary cap. 

It's like Superbowl Sunday at my house.  Wife has all kinds of food going. I have a bunch of cash down on bets and props. Every one wearing jerseys.  Fireworks at the ready. Let's face it this is our Superbowl.  Nobody (including me) thinks we're going very far in the playoffs this year. We just need a playoff win and some experience traveling next week. Set this team up for a deep playoff run in the next couple of years.  Go Cowboys!!!!

On the flip side, every week I see Drew Brees, Rodgers and Brady miss wide open guys and nary a word is said. Dak misses a guy and twitter explodes. It’s the curse of being the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys. Romo went through the same unfair criticism. 

What big moments has Dak gotten better in exactly?

It's like Superbowl Sunday at my house.  Wife has all kinds of food going. I have a bunch of cash down on bets and props. Every one wearing jerseys.  Fireworks at the ready. Let's face it this is our Superbowl.  Nobody (including me) thinks we're going very far in the playoffs this year. We just need a playoff win and some experience traveling next week. Set this team up for a deep playoff run in the next couple of years.  Go Cowboys!!!!
Game is in 4 hours I have to pace myself. 

Congrats fellas!!!!  

When our sidekick fans come in here to share in our excitement just ignore them. 

That was a great win. We still have a lot of work to do and we’re not gonna go all the way it that was well needed. 

We need to have a coming to Jesus moment about Dak. Y’all gotta get onboard. He’s Bart Starr, it might be ugly but he’s gonna get it done.

Congrats fellas!!!!  

When our sidekick fans come in here to share in our excitement just ignore them. 

That was a great win. We still have a lot of work to do and we’re not gonna go all the way it that was well needed. 

We need to have a coming to Jesus moment about Dak. Y’all gotta get onboard. He’s Bart Starr, it might be ugly but he’s gonna get it done.
They've come a long way since mid-season. I honestly didn't think they had it in them, let alone a playoff win. If Dak can improve they will be SB contenders next season.

Congrats @STEADYMOBBIN 22 @Cowboysfan8 @Bankerguy everyone else. 

Crazy in my neighborhood (seattle suburb)  Other people were lighting off fireworks besides me and I thought "are the Seattle fans just getting rid of them?"  Then I heard people chanting "Cowboys, Dallas Cowboys"    Crazy.  I guess there are a lot of us sick of hearing fireworks every time Seattle scores, even in the preseason. Lol.  

They've come a long way since mid-season. I honestly didn't think they had it in them, let alone a playoff win. If Dak can improve they will be SB contenders next season.
He will man. Like I said earlier, he’s gonna be starting his first game next season with 48 regular season starts, at least 3 playoff games, 33 regular season wins and at least 1 playoff victory.

Hes a beast. 

You guys see what the offense looks like when they run the two minute and let Dak loose. We just need to gain Linahan’s trust and steal the playbook away from him! 

He will man. Like I said earlier, he’s gonna be starting his first game next season with 48 regular season starts, at least 3 playoff games, 33 regular season wins and at least 1 playoff victory.

Hes a beast. 
Last week game on the line:  4th and 15, and throws a 31 yard TD strike. This week game on the line 3rd and 14 and he runs for 16 and eventually scores.   STUD.  

Pete Carroll complaining about the two PIs when KJ Writes INT was clearly a non called PI.   :lmao: . He's such a boob.  

Nice win.....our defense is really, really good.....Dak is still maddening with his inaccuracy, although he showed nice touch to Gallup on the TD......the defense and running game makes a dangerous team, in spite of Dak's shortcomings as a passer.

You've got to be kidding.....Romo in his prime, with this supporting cast?  Dak can't hit the broad side of barn 15 yards downfield.
Seems to do fine everytime he’s allowed to operate the 2 minute. 

Look, I loved Romo too. He did more with less than almost anyone but he came up short when it mattered. 

Congrats on on the win tonight! That Romo #### is over so let’s enjoy this win!

How inaccurate was the throw to Gallup tonight?

Who played better, Dak or Russel? 

Dak is now 1-1 vs A A Ron and Wilson

Dak is inaccurate. Especially the deep ball

He threw at least 2 balls 5 yds out of bounds tonight where he could've given his guy a chance to make a play. One of them would've been defensive PI if it hadn't been uncatchable

He's also young, and has a chance to get better

You need to let this go imo

1 throw. Plenty of questionable ones too. 
Did we win? Who cares if he always WINS?

I get that it’s ugly when SL is calling runs on first down every play. When he’s allowed to play that college #### he’s phenomenal. 

Seattle is a tough ### defense. Next week will be easier to score. 

You're remembering Romo at the end of his career.  Daks in year 3.  He dropped a dime to Gallup in this game, on the second try.  Let's see if he keeps getting better. 
Sure. He will (should) get better

Romo never had this defense

Anyway, that's a discussion for another day

Let's enjoy this one!

Dak is inaccurate. Especially the deep ball

He threw at least 2 balls 5 yds out of bounds tonight where he could've given his guy a chance to make a play. One of them would've been defensive PI if it hadn't been uncatchable

He's also young, and has a chance to get better

You need to let this go imo
It just sucks that all you guys are jaded and sound like a bunch of miserable whiners. 

Youre right though, I’ll let it go. I’m happy! We won! Congrats brother!

Sure. He will (should) get better

Romo never had this defense

Anyway, that's a discussion for another day

Let's enjoy this one!
Yeah and I can name a bunch of sub par QBs that have won super bowls with a top tier defense.  Your just saw Daks floor imo.  Moving on from him would be a disaster. Time for all cowboy fans to jump on the Dak train. 

Seems to do fine everytime he’s allowed to operate the 2 minute. 

Look, I loved Romo too. He did more with less than almost anyone but he came up short when it mattered. 

Congrats on on the win tonight! That Romo #### is over so let’s enjoy this win!
Eli Manning has two Super Bowl mvp's.....sometimes a QB benefits from his supporting cast, sometimes he doesn't (Romo)

Who played better, Dak or Russel? 

Dak is now 1-1 vs A A Ron and Wilson
I gave him credit for that throw above.....but, like I also said thank God we have a great defense!  Otherwise, we'd be F'ed!

Russell played better considering the completions he made and how well our defense played against him.....make no mistake, our defense is the reason we won the game, not Dak.

Exactly why we shouldn't enter into a QB lottery when we already have a really good young QB.  
Dak needs to improve in his downfield accuracy, period.....he missed badly on many throws tonight.....he can run a bit and his dump offs are accurate, but just isn't a very good passer at this point....maybe he will improve...I hope he does.

Dak needs to improve in his downfield accuracy, period.....he missed badly on many throws tonight.....he can run a bit and his dump offs are accurate, but just isn't a very good passer at this point....maybe he will improve...I hope he does.
Unfortunately the numbers don't support your opinion.  He needs to improve, but, for year 3 he's ahead of the curve by a significant margin. 

Users who are viewing this thread