What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 FBG WSL1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Gonna go ahead and just make this guy my Captain.... 

@Jakeem Grant‏ _TheDreamIsHere

Greatness here I come!!!

10:45 AM - 28 Feb 2018

Because of the quantity of rookies, some of them are going to have to produce for this team to have a chance to stay.
I've usually shied away from rookies in these, the WSLs especially, not so much because I don't have a good handle on them (although that's part of it, I don't watch much CFB), but because in a survivor format it can be tough to last the 6-8 weeks it usually takes for most of them to start becoming regular contributors. Kamara smashed all sorts of rookie fantasy records last year, but even he took until October to get into his groove and I'm sure a couple of his owners were kicked to the curb by then.

But I'm pretty sure I'm being too conservative. With 20 roster spots, landing one RB1 or WR2 out of three late picks has to be more useful in best-ball than three guys with RB3/WR4 ceilings. And if you miss on all three, oh well, we all came in with a 15/16 chance of not winning anyway.  :D

I've usually shied away from rookies in these, the WSLs especially, not so much because I don't have a good handle on them (although that's part of it, I don't watch much CFB), but because in a survivor format it can be tough to last the 6-8 weeks it usually takes for most of them to start becoming regular contributors. Kamara smashed all sorts of rookie fantasy records last year, but even he took until October to get into his groove and I'm sure a couple of his owners were kicked to the curb by then.

But I'm pretty sure I'm being too conservative. With 20 roster spots, landing one RB1 or WR2 out of three late picks has to be more useful in best-ball than three guys with RB3/WR4 ceilings. And if you miss on all three, oh well, we all came in with a 15/16 chance of not winning anyway.  :D
Rudy won WSL1 last year riding Kamara.  Bro1ncos got eliminated in week 1 in SSL2 drafting him.

One of my funnest WSL season ever I took 6 immunities with Booker, Elliot, Henry, Howard, Coleman, Fuller, Treadwell, Thomas, Henry, and Aguayo.  10 rookies.

One of my funnest WSL season ever I took 6 immunities with Booker, Elliot, Henry, Howard, Coleman, Fuller, Treadwell, Thomas, Henry, and Aguayo.  10 rookies.
I almost referenced that team of yours in my original response as the best counterpoint to my philosophy. 9 hits out of 10 rookie picks made three months prior to the draft ... unreal. If you didn't set the all-time SL scoring record with that team I can't imagine what it must be.

It definitely is a risk/reward strategy and it adds to the fun watching the Combine and Draft coverage focusing on all "your" assets.

Qb. Flacco, Rosen, ???. This is ugly. Even with three. Got to hope Rosen goes anywhere but Giants

RB. Barkley, Jones, Bernard, Freeman, Gillissee. I like it overall. I think Saquon is going to be a stud. Jones looks good but of course relying on rookies can be bad. With Lewus gone, maybe Gillissee gets more chances, Bernard is PPR Guy. I had Ballege over Freeman for same reason but 2 picks in front. Oh well. Hope for TDs now. Probably better for best ball with makeup already. 

WR. Evans, Tate, Watkins, Jackson, Coleman, Washington. This is strength of team. Lots of talent that had down years but I hope rebound as Mike and Sammy very talented. Big Washington fan and think he can be Boldin like in year one. Mature body, great hands and long arms. 

TE. Henry. Witten Solid twosome here. Rising star and still solid former star. Almost went three but did 5th RB instead. Was looking at rookie

Pk. McManus, Carlsson. Rookie PK have struggled lately but he will be drafted first and start the year. Denver should be solid

D. Browns, Raiders. Who knows but lots of  talent in both squads and hope for better seasons from both. Plus both will draft some nice D. 

I really like this team if I go QB in 5th over Watkins and draft WR over Rosen. But did not and need lots of luck or my 20th round guy to start also. Have a list of 4 guys with potential to play. 

Probably early exit. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Qb. Flacco, Rosen, ???. This is ugly. Even with three. Got to hope Rosen goes anywhere but Giants

RB. Barkley, Jones, Bernard, Freeman, Gillissee. I like it overall. I think Saquon is going to be a stud. Jones looks good but of course relying on rookies can be bad. With Lewus gone, maybe Gillissee gets more chances, Bernard is PPR Guy. I had Ballege over Freeman for same reason but 2 picks in front. Oh well. Hope for TDs now. Probably better for best ball with makeup already. 

WR. Evans, Tate, Watkins, Jackson, Coleman, Washington. This is strength of team. Lots of talent that had down years but I hope rebound as Mike and Sammy very talented. Big Washington fan and think he can be Boldin like in year one. Mature body, great hands and long arms. 

TE. Henry. Witten Solid twosome here. Rising star and still solid former star. Almost went three but did 5th RB instead. Was looking at rookie

Pk. McManus, Carlsson. Rookie PK have struggled lately but he will be drafted first and start the year. Denver should be solid

D. Browns, Raiders. Who knows but lots of  talent in both squads and hope for better seasons from both. Plus both will draft some nice D. 

I really like this team if I go QB in 5th over Watkins and draft WR over Rosen. But did not and need lots of luck or my 20th round guy to start also. Have a list of 4 guys with potential to play. 

Probably early exit. 
Weird.  I took Barkley in WSL1

Mariota, Marcus TEN QB301.1-6.10

Rivers, Philip LAC QB394.0-5.07

Reached a bit for Rivers, wanted his consistency.  Marietta was drafted last year in the qb10-12 range as I recall but disappointed.  I expect a bounce back and he did perform better in the playoffs this year.  Overall two solid starters with no job threat.

Abdullah, Ameer DET RB126.4-14.10

Cook, Dalvin MIN RB (Q)67.4-1.07

Royce Freeman RB--18.10

Powell, Bilal NYJ RB147.2-9.07

Prosise, C.J. SEA RB (Q)17.0-15.07

Williams, Jamaal GBP RB142.8-8.10

Not sure what to make of this group.  A lot riding on Cook.  If he performs then a bunch of darts at RB2.  On paper Powell and Williams are currently at the top of the depth chart on their teams.  The NFL draft will change this, but both should get plenty of touches this year.  Prosisie is the best back on Seattle's roster but always gets hurt.  Abdullah will get a shot somewhere.  With a good combine I could see Freeman jumping 8 rounds in the SSL

Adams, Davante GBP WR222.5-2.10

Benjamin, Travis LAC WR124.3-20.10

Cooper, Amari OAK WR158.4-3.07

Decker, Eric TEN WR116.3-16.10

Fuller, Will HOU WR (Q)113.2-7.07

Maclin, Jeremy BAL WR102.0-17.07

Williams, Mike LAC WR20.5-10.10

I think many won't like this group.  Adams should be Rodger's #1 this year.  Maybe not huge yardage upside, but good for 10 TDs.  Cooper has the talent and should bounce back with a health Carr.  Really like Fuller in this format.  Won't score often but his long TDs should post a score 6-8 weeks.  Williams was basically drafted as the equivalent of a rookie TE.  Missing the whole preseason set him back so I'm discounting 2017.  More talent than any of the rookies coming out this year.  Feel like Decker and Maclin were excellent value in rounds 16 and 17.  They'll be on a roster this year and fell like one will land in a good spot to bounce back this year.  Benjamin was a Williams hedge.  Worst case he posts 3-4 scores this year.

Cook, Jared OAK TE188.8-11.07

Graham, Jimmy SEA TE226.0-4.10

A lot riding on Graham ending up in a good spot.  NO would be ideal.  Cook shouldn't have been there at 11.7.

Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK156.0-12.10

Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def115.0-19.07

Eagles, Philadelphia PHI Def154.0-13.07

Went with one PK.  Wouldn't do this in a total points leagues, but after having 6 WRs on the same bye last year I like having more RB/WR.  Defensive pairing should be above average.

Looking at this roster I understand why I don't win many titles but have never been eliminated in week 1.  Just looks like too conservative of a roster to post big weeks late in the year.
Bump for Adams and Graham.

Powell takes a hit, but I suspect most everyone's RBs will when it's all said and done.  There are a ton of serviceable RBs floating around the league right now and 10+ more soon to be added to the pool.

This draft was a totally by the seat of the pants draft for me. I generally either have a hand-written list of players that I want to target or else make an excel file with previous year stats to use as a baseline. For this draft, I had neither. I also love to track all drafts with the Draft Dominator, but did not have time to set it up before leaving for vacation just as this draft kicked off.

QBs – Alex Smith WSH 6.9 & Josh Darnold Rookie 12.9

I am probably out on a limb, but I see Alex Smith maintaining Cousin’s production in Washington. Cousins ranked 5th and 5th the past two seasons in Footballguys.com standard scoring, so I see Alex Smith as a great value pick for 2018. In this league I drafted him as QB 17 and I will likely be taking him often in that spot. I rank Darnold as one of the top rookie QBs and with the abundant needs at that position, I see him starting early, possibly in week one. I did not like having only Smith and a rookie, but wound up adding depth at wide receiver and tight end with my last three selections. As I stated in the thread, I was going to pair Darnold with Rosen, but missed out on that opportunity. I also considered Sam Bradford late, but opted for the three receivers.

RBs – Mark Ingram NO 2.9, Jerick McKinnon SF 7.8, James White NE 9.8, Rashad Penny Rookie 11.8 & Kalen Ballage Rookie 16.9

I have become a big fan of Ingram the past four seasons. Early on, it looked like he was not going to make it in New Orleans, but he has finished 15th, 15th (both in injury shortened seasons and then 10th and 6th in non-ppr and close to the same in ppr. Bargain there. I definitely took McKinnon earlier than I had to (not much prep, but lots of fun in South Florida). I do like his opportunities as a solid receiving back. My general strategy for running backs is wait for bargains and then focus on solid pass catching backs. I like McKinnon and James White as those solid receivers. Then I added two rookies, who I like quite a bit, Rashad Penny and Kalen Ballage. Not my best position, but hopefully Ingram will be steady and the others will post several outstanding weeks to keep my afloat.

WRs – DeAndre Hopkins HOU 1.8, Brandin Cooks NE 3.8, Nelson Agholor PHI 5.8, Paul Richardson WSH 8.9, Courtland Sutton Rookie 10.9, Christian Kirk Rookie 18.9 and D. J. Chark Rookie 19.8

I generally focus early on wide receivers and I did that again here. My top two should score most weeks and the next two I believe are value picks for 2018. I might have selected Agholor a little early, but the Eagles had him heavily involved down the stretch run and that worked out well. Richardson seems like he was under-utilized in Seattle and hope he will get more chances in 2018 after Free Agency. I took an abnormally high number of rookies, with three being taken at WR late. I do particularly like Sutton and Kirk, who seemed to last much longer than he should have. Chark might should have been my third QB and I actually took him with Rosen still available. I do like having 7 WRs, but we’ll have to see how he works out opposed to having Rosen. May regret that one.

TEs – Delanie Walker TEN 4.9, Trey Burton CHI 15.8 & Mike Gesicki Rookie 20.9

Tight ends are critical in these leagues with the two ppr scoring. Walker has been tremendous for Tennessee for the past five seasons and I hope he has another banner year before he gets old. Trey Burton is a free agent that I see signing somewhere to start. He is capable of a top fifteen TE season. Gesicki is a late rookie wild card that could produce in his first season.

PK – Will Lutz NO 13.8

Only one kicker. Lately, the multiple team kicker changes through the season make selecting PKs a difficult challenge this early. I realize that sounds a little backward but what I am trying to say is that even apparently solid PKs can lose their job so I will risk having some zeroes here to build depth elsewhere. Looking closer, maybe the Saints PK was not the best choice to go solo due to his coach's history.

DSTs – Chargers 14.9 & Raiders 17.8

Chargers seem to have very active rushers and that usually helps the defense get turnovers. The Raiders have disappointed on the defensive side but seem to have some talent more than Mack and I hope the new coaching staff gets much better results out of them.

Because of the quantity of rookies, some of them are going to have to produce for this team to have a chance to stay.
I am excited about the landing spots for McKinnon and Richardson. The Richardson signing seemed much maligned yesterday, mainly for the cost but I think that he will definitely have more opportunity with Washington than he had in Seattle. McKinnon to the 49ers was an even better landing spot than I had hoped. His contract indicates he should have ample opportunities there and the fit is excellent. Burton should be the starter, but may not get the targets I was thinking he could. Still positive news on my three free agents. Let's see if the rookie stable can match that.

Carr, Derek OAK QB
Garoppolo, Jimmy SFO QB

Fine - Maybe Either one can jump to elite.  But really, nit need them to be decent.

Booker, Devontae DEN RB
Henderson, De'Angelo DEN RB
Mixon, Joe CIN RB
SaQuan Bakrley RB
Williams, Joe SFO RB

Have some question marks here.  Going to need Barkley and Mixon to come through but both have the game to do it.

Ginn Jr., Ted NOS WR
Marshall, Brandon NYG WR 
Parker, DeVante MIA WR
Robinson, Allen CHI WR 
Smith-Schuster, JuJu PIT WR
White, Kevin CHI WR 

Upside disappointments ready to come on?  Sprinkled in couple few vets for who have done it for a while.

Kittle, George SFO TE
Dallas Goedert, TE
Mark Andrews TE OU

Again, relying on some unknowns here.  Not ideal.

Bryant, Matt ATL PK
Dawson, Phil ARI PK

shrug

Giants, New York NYG Def
Titans, Tennessee TEN Def

shrug

Anything can happen.  

UPDATES:

1. Kirk Cousins - All systems go... Gonna be exciting watching him in Minny as opposed to the Jets!!!!!

2. Zay Jones - Loving the fact that he didn't actually jump thru the window naked and the window was strong enough so, Still living is a good thing.

CURRENT ROSTER

Manning, Eli NYG QB

Rosen, Josh ROOK QB

Wentz, Carson PHI QB

Rosen probably wasn't necessary but at this point it's partly about upside, partly value, partly because I don't know Wentz plays week 1, although the rookie might not either.  Overall I like this group. 

Fournette, Leonard JAC RB

Gore, Frank IND RB

Henry, Derrick TEN RB

Lynch, Marshawn OAK RB

My weakness for sure, even worse if Gore doesn't play or start. I think they'll be enough to keep the team competitive but this is a below average group unless Lynch and Gore show their old man strength.

St. Brown, Eq ROOK WR

Cole, Keelan JAC WR

Davis, Corey TEN WR

Evans, Mike TBB WR 

Ridley, Calvin ROOK WR

Westbrook, Dede JAC WR

I like this group although a lot will depend on Ridley and St Brown. Evans is a wr1, Davis I think a 2, then it's WRBC.

Butt, Jake DEN TE

Doyle, Jack IND TE

Everett, Gerald LAR TE

Doyle should provide a nice floor each week, Everett and butt bring the upside. 

Bailey, Dan DAL PK

Gano, Graham CAR PK

Browns, Cleveland CLE Def

Texans, Houston HOU Def

Two kickers with jobs, two defenses.

If I had liked my te1 it qb2 more I would have taken a 5th RB, but I felt like I needed to go 3 deep there. Probably took butt way too high. Just for the record, if I hadn't taken butt there I almost certainly would have taken Samuels. Then instead of St Brown it would have been butt. So I'll keep an eye on Samuels vs. St Brown and see what it would have meant.
The schedule was not kind to my QBs. Seriously, 3 QBs to mitigate the risk a bit and they all have week 9 off, including the rookie. 

Pretty happy with Ridley in Atlanta and St Brown in Green Bay,  even if St Brown fell farther than expected. 

I don't know if this team can last long.

Reviewing WSL 1 following the draft and the schedule release

QBs – Alex Smith WSH 6.9 & Josh Darnold Rookie 12.9

I am probably out on a limb, but I see Alex Smith maintaining Cousin’s production in Washington. Cousins ranked 5th and 5th the past two seasons in Footballguys.com standard scoring, so I see Alex Smith as a great value pick for 2018. In this league I drafted him as QB 17 and I will likely be taking him often in that spot. I rank Darnold as one of the top rookie QBs and with the abundant needs at that position, I see him starting early, possibly in week one. I did not like having only Smith and a rookie, but wound up adding depth at wide receiver and tight end with my last three selections. As I stated in the thread, I was going to pair Darnold with Rosen, but missed out on that opportunity. I also considered Sam Bradford late, but opted for the three receivers.

RBs – Mark Ingram NO 2.9, Jerick McKinnon SF 7.8, James White NE 9.8, Rashad Penny Rookie 11.8 & Kalen Ballage Rookie 16.9

I have become a big fan of Ingram the past four seasons. Early on, it looked like he was not going to make it in New Orleans, but he has finished 15th, 15th (both in injury shortened seasons and then 10th and 6th in non-ppr and close to the same in ppr. Bargain there. I definitely took McKinnon earlier than I had to (not much prep, but lots of fun in South Florida). I do like his opportunities as a solid receiving back. My general strategy for running backs is wait for bargains and then focus on solid pass catching backs. I like McKinnon and James White as those solid receivers. Then I added two rookies, who I like quite a bit, Rashad Penny and Kalen Ballage. Not my best position, but hopefully Ingram will be steady and the others will post several outstanding weeks to keep my afloat.

WRs – DeAndre Hopkins HOU 1.8, Brandin Cooks NE 3.8, Nelson Agholor PHI 5.8, Paul Richardson WSH 8.9, Courtland Sutton Rookie 10.9, Christian Kirk Rookie 18.9 and D. J. Chark Rookie 19.8

I generally focus early on wide receivers and I did that again here. My top two should score most weeks and the next two I believe are value picks for 2018. I might have selected Agholor a little early, but the Eagles had him heavily involved down the stretch run and that worked out well. Richardson seems like he was under-utilized in Seattle and hope he will get more chances in 2018 after Free Agency. I took an abnormally high number of rookies, with three being taken at WR late. I do particularly like Sutton and Kirk, who seemed to last much longer than he should have. Chark might should have been my third QB and I actually took him with Rosen still available. I do like having 7 WRs, but we’ll have to see how he works out opposed to having Rosen. May regret that one.

TEs – Delanie Walker TEN 4.9, Trey Burton CHI 15.8 & Mike Gesicki Rookie 20.9

Tight ends are critical in these leagues with the two ppr scoring. Walker has been tremendous for Tennessee for the past five seasons and I hope he has another banner year before he gets old. Trey Burton is a free agent that I see signing somewhere to start. He is capable of a top fifteen TE season. Gesicki is a late rookie wild card that could produce in his first season.

PK – Will Lutz NO 13.8

Only one kicker. Lately, the multiple team kicker changes through the season make selecting PKs a difficult challenge this early. I realize that sounds a little backward but what I am trying to say is that even apparently solid PKs can lose their job so I will risk having some zeroes here to build depth elsewhere. Looking closer, maybe the Saints PK was not the best choice to go solo due to his coach's history.

DSTs – Chargers 14.9 & Raiders 17.8

Chargers seem to have very active rushers and that usually helps the defense get turnovers. The Raiders have disappointed on the defensive side but seem to have some talent more than Mack and I hope the new coaching staff gets much better results out of them.

I am excited about the landing spots for McKinnon and Richardson. The Richardson signing seemed much maligned yesterday, mainly for the cost but I think that he will definitely have more opportunity with Washington than he had in Seattle. McKinnon to the 49ers was an even better landing spot than I had hoped. His contract indicates he should have ample opportunities there and the fit is excellent. Burton should be the starter, but may not get the targets I was thinking he could. Still positive news on my three free agents. Let's see if the rookie stable can match that.

**** Needs to be updated for bye week information ********

The rookies haven't been updated on the rosters yet in MFL from the fill in players.
I went in and switched all the ones that were noted on the draft report.  Some folks had already done theirs.

****** disclaimer: if it wasn't noted on the draft report....and was only noted in here, I did not go back through this thread to look

every owner should verify rosters

Figured I'd channel Ref and do a  :penalty:  "on further review" now that all the pieces are in place:

1.13 - Odell Beckham, NYG (WR3) - now WR3
Entire Giants offense gets a big boost with Saquon's addition. Always a threat to finish WR1.

2.04 - Christian McCaffrey, CAR (RB12) - now RB11
Looked less appealing after the Panthers swapped out J-Stew for CJA, but based on preseason usage I'm feeling better about his potential. It's tough to see his floor as much below RB15 in this format.

3.13 - Carlos Hyde, FA (RB19) - now CLE - RB25
Not a great landing spot all told, although the O will be much-improved and Chubb hasn't progressed as quickly as I expected pre-draft. Between him and Coleman I'll get better than average RB2 scores most weeks.

4.04 - Tom Brady, NE (QB4) - now QB2
Assuming he doesn't hit the Manning Wall this year, another 4,000/35 season is well within reach.

5.13 - Tevin Coleman, ATL (RB26) - now RB27
Entire ATL offense is a positive regression candidate in 2018. Really happy about the floor he provides given my lack of depth behind him, with RB1 upside should Freeman go down. 

6.04 - Pierre Garcon, SF (WR33) - now WR39 
I reached on him a bit (his ADP was closer to WR39 even at the time) but regret nothing. Still think he's a good bet for a very sneaky 75/900 type season.

7.13 - O.J. Howard, TB (TE12) - now TE15
Sigh. Only the ####### Bucs would spend a 1st-round pick on a generational athlete at TE and then nine months later sign their JAG of an incumbent to a 6-year, $41M contract. Someone needs to fire Licht out of one of those stadium cannons. Howard will get his, but his capped ceiling at 2PPR might be trouble.

8.04 - Mitch Trubisky, CHI (QB24) - now QB22 
Nagy fever, baby! Catch it! But seriously - if I need him as more than bye-week Brady coverage, I ain't winning this thing anyway.

9.13 - Cameron Meredith, CHI (WR53) - now NOS - WR56
Is being the #4 option on the Brees Saints better or worse than being the #2 option on the Trubisky Bears? According to the wisdom of crowds, it's actually ... just about equal. He'll catch a few TDs which should make him a spot starter.

10.04 - Kenny Golladay, DET (WR57) - now WR53
Marvin Jones' 2017 was a fluke, Golladay's a baller, and his current ADP is still a steal. A WR4 who may well be my default WR3.

11.13 - Kenneth Dixon, BAL (RB52) - now RB70
Amazing but true fact: Dixon is younger than Golladay. How the holy hell is that possible? I feel like I've been throwing SL darts at him for like 4 years now. Probably an afterthought, although I'm still lower than consensus on Collins this year.

12.04 - Vernon Davis, WAS (TE27) - now TE34
I know the sample sizes get small down in this range, but ... who is drafting Vernon Davis TE34? I mean, Jordan Reed's health insurance underwriters, maybe? Reed's ADP is TE11 and it would not remotely surprise me if Davis scored more points this season than he did.

13.13 - Matt Prater, DET (PK11) - now PK11 - Still kickin'. 

14.04 - John Ross, CIN (WR74) - now WR63  
The Bengals didn't add any pass-catchers of note in FA or the draft, which I guess accounts for the 11-spot bump. Still think he's more like WR50 value in best-ball and expect multiple 15+ point weeks out of him.

15.13 - James Washington, ROOK (WR77) - now WR83
Washington has proven he looks NFL-ready, while the Steelers have foisted Martavis Bryant onto the Raiders, sent Eli Rogers to IR, and heard Bell threaten to sit out the season. And yet Washington's ADP has dropped. You know what, you explain it to me. He should make some noise, especially if Bell misses serious time.

16.04 - Cardinals DST (Def17) - now Def14.
They'll be somewhere in the middle of the pack. 

17.13 - Corey Grant, JAX (RB70) - now RB88
He's behind a lead back with a known injury history and a #2 who's never played a full 16, on a run-first offense - not saying I'm expecting anything in this league but still think he's got lottery ticket potential.

18.04 - Washington DST (Def25) - now Def26
Whatever.

19.13 - Albert Wilson, FA (WR95) - now MIA - WR91
I thought the guy was a huge steal in WSL, but even I wasn't prepared for the dump truck full of cash the Fins unloaded on him. Especially if (when) Amendola gets hurt, Wilson could flirt with 100 targets on a team that will usually be playing from behind.

20.04 - Coby Fleener, NO (TE40) - now FA - LOL
At the time I wrote, Also considered: Drafting a third DST just to #### with someone. In retrospect, would have been a far wiser move
It's insane how neatly my draft ranks of these guys lines up with their ADPs seven full months later. Usually WSL rosters feature multiple guys who have risen 20+ spots and fallen 20+ spots during that time.

The good news is that I haven't lost anyone to injury (yet), no big bye week issues, and only my Fleener pick looks like a complete throwaway. The bad news is WSL is so far ahead of the action that winning teams usually have multiple mid- and late-rounders turn into top-50 guys. So by standing in place I've got to be hundreds of points behind the top teams ... meaning I'll hang around for a few weeks but likely no threat to win it all.

Team Holloway uh-oh

RBs

Mark Ingram NO 2.9 - suspended first four weeks

Jerick McKinnon SF 7.8 - IR missing entire season

James White NE 9.8 - please post a high score in at least three of the weeks that Ingram misses

Rashad Penny Rookie 11.8 - please get on the field and prove that you are better than JAG Carson

Kalen Ballage Rookie 16.9 - please catch a few passes early and break a low touchdown

Previously

I have become a big fan of Ingram the past four seasons. Early on, it looked like he was not going to make it in New Orleans, but he has finished 15th, 15th (both in injury shortened seasons and then 10th and 6th in non-ppr and close to the same in ppr. Bargain there. Still is but now the first four games are critical for Team Holloway and he is out.

I definitely took McKinnon earlier than I had to (not much prep, but lots of fun in South Florida). I do like his opportunities as a solid receiving back. My general strategy for running backs is wait for bargains and then focus on solid pass catching backs. IR and OUT

I like McKinnon and James White as those solid receivers. Then I added two rookies, who I like quite a bit, Rashad Penny and Kalen Ballage. Not my best position, but hopefully Ingram will be steady and the others will post several outstanding weeks to keep my afloat.

CURRENT ROSTER

Manning, Eli NYG QB

Rosen, Josh ROOK QB

Wentz, Carson PHI QB

Rosen probably wasn't necessary but at this point it's partly about upside, partly value, partly because I don't know Wentz plays week 1, although the rookie might not either.  Overall I like this group. 

Fournette, Leonard JAC RB

Gore, Frank IND RB

Henry, Derrick TEN RB

Lynch, Marshawn OAK RB

My weakness for sure, even worse if Gore doesn't play or start. I think they'll be enough to keep the team competitive but this is a below average group unless Lynch and Gore show their old man strength.

St. Brown, Eq ROOK WR

Cole, Keelan JAC WR

Davis, Corey TEN WR

Evans, Mike TBB WR 

Ridley, Calvin ROOK WR

Westbrook, Dede JAC WR

I like this group although a lot will depend on Ridley and St Brown. Evans is a wr1, Davis I think a 2, then it's WRBC.

Butt, Jake DEN TE

Doyle, Jack IND TE

Everett, Gerald LAR TE

Doyle should provide a nice floor each week, Everett and butt bring the upside. 

Bailey, Dan DAL PK

Gano, Graham CAR PK

Browns, Cleveland CLE Def

Texans, Houston HOU Def

Two kickers with jobs, two defenses.

If I had liked my te1 it qb2 more I would have taken a 5th RB, but I felt like I needed to go 3 deep there. Probably took butt way too high. Just for the record, if I hadn't taken butt there I almost certainly would have taken Samuels. Then instead of St Brown it would have been butt. So I'll keep an eye on Samuels vs. St Brown and see what it would have meant.
I hate this team. Especially if Leo doesn't get his #### together.

Users who are viewing this thread