What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Mock NBA Draft - And that's a wrap! Thanks everyone! (1 Viewer)

The Sacramento beat reporters all think he is going #2. The draft is a terrifying time of year for Kings fans. 
Yes, I saw that.   I also saw that the Kings are going to work out Wendell Carter.  Maybe they are considering trading down?  It doesn't look good for your boy Luka.

Yes, I saw that.   I also saw that the Kings are going to work out Wendell Carter.  Maybe they are considering trading down?  It doesn't look good for your boy Luka.
I wouldn’t be opposed to trading down if it came with a premium asset. For example, if Dallas fell in love with Luka or Bagley (or someone else) and wanted to give #5 and their 2019 unprotected pick for #2, I’d do that in a heartbeat. But it doesn’t seem likely the pick is in that high of a demand, and I don’t love most of the other tradeable assets from teams in the early-mid lottery. 

Mumphis trades number 32 pick

to

Brooklyn!

for number 40 and 45

chem x has an interesting negotiating style....
hard to take a player in a non fantasy league fantasy draft;

that said, BK Nyets Draft

@32 Overall - Shake Milton Next year we will be close to $60mill of cap space.

Last edited by a moderator:
hard to take a player in a non fantasy league fantasy draft;

that said, BK Nyets Draft

@32 Overall - Caleb Martin, Nevada

I like a player that is dedicated to playing for the Wolf Pack, be it either NC State or Nevada.  I was looking at a G here, but I like the versatility of a SF to go to SG, rather than other way around.  Sat out a year and is 23 this year, but I looked at the Warriors and Curry, Thompson and Green were all upper classmen, something to be said sometimes for college experience and age in adapting to the NBA game.  Has improved each year and if things go sideways I can always sub in his twin Cody while no one is watching.  45% overall, 40% from 3.  5.5 boards, 2.5 assists, 1+ steal.  Played over 33 minutes a game with little help and didn't foul much.  Manage his minutes, maybe get more energy and a solid second unit scorer.  We get more versatile with our 2 picks.  Next year we will be close to $60mill of cap space.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/the-martin-twins-decision-to-return-to-nevada-could-lift-the-wolf-pack-to-their-first-final-four/

Am I  missing something?

Now taking offers for Kawhi.

:coffee:  
Atlanta offers Bazemore, Marquese Chriss, Elie Okobo and a Dominique-level private dance coupon book from Onyx.

Portland offers Evan Turner, top-26-protected draft picks until the end of time and a bucket of Caleb Swanigan's workout sweat.

Atlanta offers Bazemore, Marquese Chriss, Elie Okobo and a Dominique-level private dance coupon book from Onyx.

Portland offers Evan Turner, top-26-protected draft picks until the end of time and a bucket of Caleb Swanigan's workout sweat.
Hmmm, I suppose Portland is the leader in the clubhouse, but we’re gunna hold off for now in case we get a better offer.

Not to be a ####, especially since I took a long time with my last pick, but should we put somebody kind of deadline on the next pick before we just move on?  Just thinking about completing the whole thing in time.

Not to be a ####, especially since I took a long time with my last pick, but should we put somebody kind of deadline on the next pick before we just move on?  Just thinking about completing the whole thing in time.
Yes, I was just thinking about this.

I'll make the pick.

Dallas selects Mortiz Wagner.  Deutschland uber alles wieder!

2.04 Hawks select De'Anthony Melton, G, USC. 2018's Maaaacus Smaaaat

I'm excited to have given Atl a young, hoppy frontcourt by adding Bomba & Chriss to Collins & Prince and possibly a backcourt of the future w the French kid (who late word has being maybe the best PG in the class) and this hustletron, if he can be taught to put the ball in the hole economically. And we still got room to make a run @ Smaaaat himself or Will Barton some other stripper-oriented free agent or to take a good-bad contract like Batum or be well-compensated to take a bad-bad contract for two years. 

The key is to give the young'uns a year or two to click and, if they do, have the books clear enough in 2020-21 for a coupla maxes to join my rookie-contract bouncy boys and take a run at it. I believe i've earned my Onyx coupon book in my brief tenure as GM

Knicks Select Aaron Holiday PG

A shooters PG, as there's a reason the jumbled mess of a backcourt that is the Knicks is that way. Even if we do get some value out of Ntilikina, Mudiay or Burke, you need more than one guard... Ntin and Mud have a bit more size, so regardless of 'position' (as it is really matters other than defensive matchups anymore) on offense, Holiday's 6'1" frame (6'6" reach) shouldnt be too much a detractor.

Has the bloodlines, temperament/maturity and having two brothers in the NBA should ease the transition. Another option on offense who can also distribute the ball, proving some balance (this year at least) on offense with Kanter (if he's back.. I happen to be a big fan), Porzi when/if he's back this year, Wendell Carter Jr. et al. When Porzi's back, you can really stretch things out with a point that has nice range and accuracy and the big guy on thr perimeter, which allows Kanter/Carter to get some room (and rebound like crazy) below. 

Food defense to boot, if only really suited to match against points.

He's also make a decent backup in 2019 to Kyrie. Even if that's tough for the surprise ROY. :coffee:

37 - Kings - Rodions Kurucs. Kings get a decent 3/4 prospect (a position of desperate need) and may be able to stash him for a year or two, which is valuable because the team is running low on roster spots and minutes for young players. 

@modogg

37 - Kings - Rodions Kurucs. Kings get a decent 3/4 prospect (a position of desperate need) and may be able to stash him for a year or two, which is valuable because the team is running low on roster spots and minutes for young players. 

@modogg
thanks, this was passed too Frosty when Sixers unloaded Bayliss. @Frostillicus

38 - Mitchell Robinson, nowhere

Robinson skipped college altogether so who knows what exactly he can do, but he's 7-1 with a 7-4 wingspan and 9-3 standing reach and is a great athlete already.  All kinds of potential.  He also got suspended when briefly enrolled in college, sat out the entire season, and recently pulled out of the NBA combine (1st round promise?).  He could end up a spectacular steal at this point, or be out of the league in two years.  In the second round, that works.

39 - Justin Jackson, Maryland

A poor man's version of our first round pick Jacob Evans, Jackson is a great athlete who can shoot the 3 (44% last year).  He has the size to be able to guard multiple positioins if he develops.  Potential to be a solid 3 and D guy is there, which, again, is great for a 2nd round pick.  

38 - Mitchell Robinson, nowhere

Robinson skipped college altogether so who knows what exactly he can do, but he's 7-1 with a 7-4 wingspan and 9-3 standing reach and is a great athlete already.  All kinds of potential.  He also got suspended when briefly enrolled in college, sat out the entire season, and recently pulled out of the NBA combine (1st round promise?).  He could end up a spectacular steal at this point, or be out of the league in two years.  In the second round, that works.

39 - Justin Jackson, Maryland

A poor man's version of our first round pick Jacob Evans, Jackson is a great athlete who can shoot the 3 (44% last year).  He has the size to be able to guard multiple positioins if he develops.  Potential to be a solid 3 and D guy is there, which, again, is great for a 2nd round pick.  
hm, that was who Sixers were grabbing at 38 too. nice

40. Bruce Brown - SG - Miami

grizzlies need scoring at the guard position and brown had good length and seems like he has the ability to defend.

Are we allowed to trade this for a 2023 2nd round pick like the magic will do? 

If that deal sounds good to you, plz pick. :thumbup:  

Users who are viewing this thread