What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NBA Mock Draft -- That's a wrap. Thanks everyone! (1 Viewer)

Will comment more later

1.19 San Antonio selects Keldon Johnson G/F Kentucky

@Juxtatarot
with the spurs pretty well set at guard and at bigs, we want to try to get a potential 3 and d guy.  Good wingspan, though a little short imo, i guess scouts see him as able to play the 3.  I'm not sure if the spurs would be more into someone more weird and heady, but it seems like they could really use some shooting and perimeter D, which it seems like he can do.

@ericjr

I mean @modogg

is up
this one seems too easy. didn't expect this guy to still be available here:

1.24  -  UNC - Cameron Johnson

Pretty smooth pick here. More experienced college guy can probably fit right in as a great 6 man for the Sixers, and pairing up with Ben or some others when needed. 6'9" guy to add to the rest of the trees on the Sixers team. Dude shoots 45% from 3. Capable defender, and really will be able to grow on the team not having to shoulder too much and getting some more bulk on his frame. 

Pretty smooth pick here. More experienced college guy can probably fit right in as a great 6 man for the Sixers, and pairing up with Ben or some others when needed. 6'9" guy to add to the rest of the trees on the Sixers team. Dude shoots 45% from 3. Capable defender, and really will be able to grow on the team not having to shoulder too much and getting some more bulk on his frame. 
he does seem like a good fit, though I'm not sure that he's really a capable defender right now.

seems similar to mike scott.

he does seem like a good fit, though I'm not sure that he's really a capable defender right now.

seems similar to mike scott.
yeah, there were other guys i was looking at, but that 3 pt. percentage seems legit. With Scott, Zaire and Cameron they could have a relatively dependable bench. 

1.25 Blazers take KZ Okpala, F, Stanford

Intriguing raw prospect who fits the Blazers' mold of versatile frontcourt players. If he works out, he'd be a really dynamic compliment to the Lillard/McCollum backcourt. If not, oh well, the Blazers got depth. They can afford to gamble here.

Last edited by a moderator:
1.26 Tyler Herro

I'm not sure anyone makes sense with the current Heat roster, so we'll take the shooter, always a valuable commodity in today's game.

I'll pick for the Warriors because I think I have a great pick.  Ty Jerome, G, Virginia.  I loved him in the tournament.  Great feel for the game and highly skilled.  A little slow but I think he can do his best with the limitations he has.  Warriors don't have much guard depth and are without much cap space for the foreseeable future.  Getting a guy on a rookie contract who can blend in, shoot the three, and make the right plan would be great for them.

Spurs select

Eric Paschall, F, Villanova

Hard worker with shooting ability.  Can probably play both forward positions, though he has a weird tweener body.

@SWC

I can be the backup for Dallas, though maybe scoobus should do it if willing, since I already have 3 teams, as do wikkid and jux (who both already draft right after Dallas).

Obviously anyone else who wants to jump in for Dallas, please do it.  Unfortunately all the Cowboys fans are not real Dallas people, so can't reach out to them.

Looking at his profile, SWC still hasn't logged in since Sunday. I PMed him yesterday.  I hope that triggers an email that he'll see. We've gone through the first round faster than I thought so I think we can afford a bit of a delay.  Maybe give him all day today and pick tomorrow if he doesn't show?  It would be nice for our #1 Bucks fan to get to make the pick.

modogg said:

Good pick. I think he will have a long career as a shooting 4.

OK, let's get this going again.

Bucks will select Mfiondu Kabengele, C, Florida State.

With Mirotic and Lopez likely leaving, Bucks can use some big man depth.  Kabengele has been rising up draft boards (other than this one).  Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo's nephew, if I recall correctly.

Added bonus: Good name for SWC to butcher.

With pick 31, the Brooklyn Nets select Louis King, F, Oregon

Was really hoping for Kabengele here, so instead the Nets will take another skilled offensive player who can fit their system well. His defense needs to get better, but King has potential to be a nice sparkplug on Brooklyn’s second unit.

@scoobus is up!

sorry brohans  i was without a computer for most of the week i apologize and i have one again now take that to the bank 

OK, let's get this going again.

Bucks will select Mfiondu Kabengele, C, Florida State.

With Mirotic and Lopez likely leaving, Bucks can use some big man depth.  Kabengele has been rising up draft boards (other than this one).  Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo's nephew, if I recall correctly.

Added bonus: Good name for SWC to butcher.
i fully support this pick and that brohan is not just a brohan he is a brohan who likes fondu which was a cooking style popular when brandy by looking glass was rocketing up the charts on its way to becoming the best song ever made by humans so i salute him take that to the bank bromigos 

scoobus said:
I guess the Suns will lock up their PG rotation of the future in this draft:

2.2 Carsen Edwards, PG

If you watched that tourney game against Villanova, you know.
Virginia too.

scoobus said:
I guess the Suns will lock up their PG rotation of the future in this draft:

2.2 Carsen Edwards, PG

If you watched that tourney game against Villanova, you know.
grrr, this was my pick!!!

ok. Really wanted Carson Edwards or Wilner with these 2, so Sixers are open for trades

2.3 (33)  -  Grant Williams, Tennessee Not a sexy pick, but a good guy who can switch on defense and can fill the 4 position. Some mocks have him as a pick in the 20s, so putting faith in other scouts. Seen him as fringe lottery, but he seems to be falling because he isn't a youtube or Sportscenter highlight guy. Sixers have enough of those, so this guy could fit in well as a nice role player off the bench with high basketball IQ

2.4 (34)  -  and this was supposed to be my pick in the 40s, but F'n Suns and Nets screwed me up,. so pulling trigger on my man with the 2 ACL tears to the same knee already. Sixers medical staff got this. Jontay Porter, C Miss. Kid has real good upside, but he is 19 and Sixers can put him in for 10-12 minutes a night. he doesn't need to overexert, and can shoot from outside. 

Kinda loving ATL draft:

8. Atlanta                                              flranger                                   Jarrett Culver
10. Atlanta                                            flranger                                   Brandon Clarke
17. Atlanta                                           flranger                                      PJ Washington
35. Atlanta.                                           flranger                                    Nic Claxton

i got my kid's birthday tomorrow. don't want to hold up this draft so if we hit 42, here are my picks:

CHuma Okeefe, Auburn

Eric Paschall, PF, Villanova

Darius Bazley 

Admiral Shofield, SF, Tenn

if all those guys are gone, give me anybody who can shoot a 3, and has some raw ability to play D

Sorry guys. Ended up out of town and didn't get to this.

#36 SF/PF Chuma Okeke - Auburn

Basically gonna load up on SF/PF's with potential to fill the roster once Batum and Williams expire. Good shooter, good value here.

Hopefully we make good progress today.  I think we should be good to finish by Thursday.  If you notice you are up soon but going to be gone for several hours, feel free to PM me a list.

Users who are viewing this thread